Super Heroics and Angsty Goodness

Started by Praxis, July 16, 2006, 03:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxis

So besides JLA, it doesn't seem like there's anything else.

I'm kindof anxious to play some villainous types.

I was thinking of starting something, if there's interest that has more of a storyline.  There will still be plenty of opportunity for character development, as well as "the sex", for those looking for that.

It would be free form, because as well-versed as I am in the Marvel System, Hero System, Champions, and Heroes Unlimited, I would rather have players focus on character development and creativity.

I've been roleplaying for twenty years, and I have a fairly reasonable grasp of what god-modders do, and what I need to do to correct the behaviour of the type.

Combat would be free form, but with me (the ruler of all thing super heroish) making the final decision regarding damage etc...I could send pm's and you incorporate my 'gentle suggestions' into your posts.

Unsure if it should be Marvel, DC, or one of the two with opportunity to make your own heroes, or something completely new with everyone using original material.

I'm new here, so right now this is more of an attempt to gauge interest.  It can be as explicit and violent as those involved are looking for;  I'm looking to push boundaries if that's what people are interested in.

No rush on responses.  I'm here for the long haul.

The more responses I get, and the more feedback I get regarding what is desired and what isn't, I can start rockin' and rollin'.

Cheers;

S.

Praxis

Even better...as it just came to me.

There was a title a few years back called "Stormwatch: Team Achilles"

"Normal", highly skilled, highly trained squad of people that were government sponsored and took down "super heroes".

It was an entertaining read and I ran a campaign for it a few years back.  If more people are interested in being "norms" and want to go up against meta-humans, that might be an angle that differentiates this game from the others out there.

Swedish Steel

I liked them, but I liked the original Stormwatch better, at least after Warren Ellis took over.

I could be interested, especially if you do a Legion of Superheroes game, or an Ultimates game, I do so enjoy those comics, been aching to play Ultraboy and Thor for some time now. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

robitusinz

The idea of normal, yet highly-trained people going after metahumans is really intriguing.  I would be interested in a game like that, both as a baseline and a meta.

My friends and I ran an Aberrant game that ran along those lines.  The baselines were NPCs, but the action was the most interesting as we had to deal with more subtle maneuvers.  I remember my character was almost caught when he followed a woman up to her motel room only to find 4 guys with power-inhibiting devices ready to jump him.  Luckily, I'd built my guy like a Batman, and his only power was a Force Field, but his base stats were very high.  I managed to fight my way out, but it was a fun scene.
I'm just a vanilla guy with a chocolate brain.

Praxis

Thanks for the responses guys.  I'll wait it out a bit more to see if there's any more responses and then I'll run with it; although both of you seem to be coming from different sides.

(Mostly because I'm a tool and didn't give concrete ideas.)

I think I'm leaning more towards a "norm" vs meta thing...but I'll leave it up to you fellows to respond.

Rayve13

I'd be interested in either, since I'm all over the Ultimates right now and I've always had a thing for the highly skilled human character type.