Interest Check - "Once Upon a Time" group story (Always recruiting!)

Started by Aislinn, February 20, 2016, 11:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aislinn

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 02, 2016, 07:36:27 PM
Cool. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. As of right now, I'm still in!

No worries! Yesterday was a hell day and I didn't get back to the question like I wanted to before bed. I do try to be very timely with replies.  ;D
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

I'm currently researching a few things and talking to a few GM's here on E to figure out some logistics. I want the character selection process to be as fair as possible. Obviously it would be perfect if everyone's first choice was completely different but usually that is not the case. =-)

I'm also creating a character profile form for you all to do once we get going.

Give me a few more days and we will get this thing going!
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

Okay darlings...here we go!

The first thing I need is a general idea from everyone of who they would like to write. As of now the only character not available is Emma Swan.

Please post your top three choices in order of preference. If you are wanting to write a character that is currently not on the show, that's fine. I just need an idea of who it is so I can figure out how to weave them into the story I have planned.

Thank you!

VonDoom
Ariel*
Flower*
Aiden
AlphaWolfQin
Twisted iN Tux*
Chrystal
Emjay*
Phoenixrisen
Kokaine*
Intimate Ink*
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Flower

Flower's Choices

• Maleficent
  • Zelena
  • Mother Superior
  • Ariel

Kokaine

Kokaine's Choices

1. Ruby Lucas | Red Riding Hood
2. Ursula
3. The Red Queen
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ariel

It's gonna be really funny to watch someone else play Ariel xD

1. Regina Mills/Evil Queen
2. Belle French
3. Mary Margaret/Snow White
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Emjay

[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Intimate Ink

In no order of preference, because I don't really have one.

1) Sheriff Graham / The Huntsman (Assuming we are spinning off the original plot and I don't immediately die)
2) Jefferson / The Mad Hatter
3) Original Character

VonDoom

Top three? Um, only really wanted to try Rumpel for this ... but if three are wanted, thinking about it:

1. Rumpelstiltskin
2. Koschei the Deathless
3. Baba Yaga

.... that is, assuming less mainstream is fine. If we want more Disney-centric, replace Baba Yaga with the Snow Queen and Koschei with the Horned King.

I like villains.  O:)

Edit:

On second thought, disregard Koschei. The Horned King works by default.

1. Rumpelstiltskin
2. The Horned King
3. Baba Yaga (or Snow Queen if Disney-centric is preferred)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Aiden

I mostly wish to go OC, a Black Knight to serve the Evil Queen or myself if we don't have one.

1. Scar
2. Shan Yu
3. Mor Du (Bear from Brave in human form)

VonDoom

Considering OUAT tends to stack roles together, I might actually fold the Horned King into Rumpel, if permitted.

O&O

Phoenixrisen

I'm more for the less show done side of things:

1. Aurora
2. Rapunzel
3. Alice (Possibly based on spin off Alice a bit, would be preference if other's are getting spun from Wonderland.)
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Kokaine

Just going to note that for my choices Ruby will be based off the show version but Ursula or The Red Queen would be more my own versions >.>
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Flower

Yea, I'm up on the air in regards to if I want to keep their personal history from the show or not.

VonDoom

Quote from: Kokaine on March 09, 2016, 08:49:39 AM
Just going to note that for my choices Ruby will be based off the show version but Ursula or The Red Queen would be more my own versions >.>

Thank the Maker! The only one in the trio from last season whose portrayal I actually enjoyed was Cruella. Which was actually rather disappointing. I mean, Ursula should have been amazing and Maleficent in a class entirely of her own.

Their Ruby on the other hand was rather interesting a character.

O&O

Ariel

It would be awesome to see everyone take a canon and expand them beyond what ABC did with them, or tweak some things. :-)

Although, for me, I like all of my three choices as they are so I'll be fine with portraying them as is. Maybe tweaking a thing or two here though. ^^
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

VonDoom

I'd ... streamline Rumpel a bit. Less faceturns, maybe map out all the tales he was involved in, since he's very much a composite with all the other roles they added to his character.

Maybe exchange Beauty and the Beast for a different component unless someone really wanted to see that, pre-established 'default' romances are a bit of a muse killer in a group game.

O&O

Kokaine

I do have some catching up to do (am starting a binge right now actually) but I do not like what they did with Ursula at all! *huffs*

Ruby was my favorite character to be quite honest. I really enjoyed what they did with her story.

Beauty and the Beast is absolutely my favorite story, and a theme I enjoy playing with quite often, but I hate what they did with it on the show. Just, no.

My O/Os

Phoenixrisen

Yeah, that who evil queens thing was a little lack luster, these were supposed to be bad ass bitches and they really could have done a lot more with it. I think they did a semi decent job with the beauty and the beast story line, but it might have been better if Rumple/Beast was a little less involved with well, everyone or there had actually been some element of true redemption in his story arc, though the show is still going, so there's some time for that yet. His story just ended up really muddled.

What they did with Ruby was fantastic though.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

VonDoom

It's more that they're constantly either changing their minds or get mandates to keep certain characters at their most popular form. Rumpel was redeemed thrice over only to backpedal. Which would be fine if better explored, but it just isn't. If Robert Carlyle didn't give such a charming performance, most people would probably hate him by now. XD

Ruby has the advantage insofar as she didn't stay beyond her arc and was never a big focus, so she didn't have to suffer through the weaker writing.

That's true for most of the early characters who are now gone, really. Jiminy Cricket (though I think he had mixed opinions going around in the fan base), the magic mirror, the big bad wolf ..

O&O

Phoenixrisen

Given the uncertainty of who we're all going to be playing when it comes to precurse, perhaps we should instead start to think about what we want to do with our post curse characters who have no real knowledge of/belief in magic.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Ember Star

I might be interested in bringing in a original Cheshire cat. The Wonderland spin off kinda sucked. But I have a lovely shape shifting Cheshire cat character who is female and would fit in. I'm admittedly only caught up to the winter finale. My t.v.died before Christmas and I haven't invested in a new one yet. Also, my interest in tentative. I'm looking at trying to ease back into E after a hiatus and even with just one character, I might be slow. So if this is gonna be a quick rp, it may not be for me. But if there's room for someone who can maybe post once a week, I might do fine.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Aislinn

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 12, 2016, 01:50:50 PM
So, in an effort to keep this conversation going, I brought together everyone's first picks so that we can start to get an idea of where we are at story-wise. Granted, first picks may not be what we end up with, but, if we do, it's shaping up to be a very interesting cast! Personally, I think it's a nice mix of dark and light, that is, if you look at it from the point of view of their base characters; however, as we all know, nobody in Storybrooke is completely one or the other.

Emma : Aislinn
Rumple : VonDoom
Regina : Ariel
Maleficent : Flower
Scar : Aiden
Possible OC : AlphaWolfQin
Jefferson : Twisted iN Tux
Undecided : Chrystal
Mulan : Emjay
Aurora : Phoenixrisen
Ruby : Kokaine
Graham : Intimate Ink

Thank you for doing this. As of right now, Chrystal can't come up with a suitable character but I've invited her to join us as a later time if she comes up with something. I'm always open to that. =-)

Quote from: Ember Star on March 12, 2016, 08:24:53 PM
I might be interested in bringing in a original Cheshire cat. The Wonderland spin off kinda sucked. But I have a lovely shape shifting Cheshire cat character who is female and would fit in. I'm admittedly only caught up to the winter finale. My t.v.died before Christmas and I haven't invested in a new one yet. Also, my interest in tentative. I'm looking at trying to ease back into E after a hiatus and even with just one character, I might be slow. So if this is gonna be a quick rp, it may not be for me. But if there's room for someone who can maybe post once a week, I might do fine.

Moving quickly is NOT something I really enjoy doing in a story. I find that...especially with something like this....that too many things get ignored if you are racing through the story. I should mention that for the MAIN story, I would like to keep to a once a week posting schedule for everyone. If you are a writer that likes to post more quickly, you are more than welcome to seek out an interaction with another writer for a separate thread. You are also welcome to message me if you are interested in an interaction with an npc-type character that isn't currently being written by someone else. I'm open to those types of threads as well.

I'm happy to see discussion continuing to move forward. I'm currently attempting to create a plausible plot that will weave around everything. It's taking a lot more time then I anticipated but I promise that I AM working on it.

As it stands, I see no writers that want to write the same character...which is great. I'd like to go ahead and put an 'approval' stamp on the current list as is. Now is time for the fun part!

I'd like to get a 'character sheet' from everyone. I'm not the type that really needs a standardized character sheet and in this case, I don't think those would really work. What I do want from you all is a private message with your character and what YOUR ideas are for this character. I also would like to know what level of GM-ness you would like from me. I'm a pretty hands-on GM but I would like to make this an adventure tailored to each of your tastes. Obviously, as Phoenix pointed out, your characters will start with no idea that magic is real. Just small-town life in Storybrooke.

Also, just a quick aside - For the purposes of this collaboration, the character 'Henry'...I think...will be omitted. While it was a great catalyst between Regina and Emma, the same thing can occur without him. That is something that Ariel and I can chat about.

As for the information I'd like:

Character name
Whether you are going cannon or off-script and to what extent
Job in Storybrooke post-curse casting
What ideas you have for your character and how you view them
What level of GM-ness you would personally like. Do you want absolute control over your character? Do you want surprises? Just give me an idea.
Face-claim that you would like to use for the purposes of the story....at least to start.

Once I get this information privately from all of you, I will create a character list that has basic info.

Questions? Comments? Complaints?

:-*
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

VonDoom

Just sent my bit on Rumpel. If approved as I currently envision him, he will be a near canon version. Notably excluded from his background are Peter Pan, Belle and since Henry won't be included, him as well.

Any interaction with characters in their past is of course open to discussion. For canon or similarly near canon characters I guess I'll assume the canon bits unless otherwise stated, but I'm more than happy to accommodate any changes desired.

For a price. No, bad. No price.

O:) ::)

O&O

Ember Star

Two more questions before I juggle a final decision. One, do you mind that my Cheshire is female? The cat is traditionally male. Two, will this be an AU where we basically Starr at the beginning before the curse was lifted?
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony