Vote On Title (OOC:[EX] **Military RP** New Characters Welcomed))

Started by LadySheikah, July 11, 2010, 06:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcothTalos

Quote from: Question Mark on July 16, 2010, 10:01:36 AM
Ludvig just had to force Cole's hand, didn't he?  Heh, quite literally actually.

Ok considering the position and actions taken there was no way for him to get off the rounds and magically knock the bottom of a shotgun which has a body in front of it from his movement forward, also did you forget he used the barrel to push cole down? Sorry buddy but this would mean simple medical fact, head shot equals body spasm and finger on trigger means point blank with a shotgun round. both characters are dead unless you wanted to revise? Also when he pushed him back his hand was still on the barrel holding it to his eyes if you forgot meaning that he could easily have pushed the weapon away as was stated in my post, what you just did was the same that the miracle runner aric did, god modded. He said he would change his post in response to your complaint I suggest you do the same or else both characters are dead, then again there was no way that he could have shot him in the chest since he had the barrel in his hand the entire time until his knee was on his elbow. So please consider revising....
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

Question Mark

Quote from: MarcothTalos on July 16, 2010, 10:22:59 AM
Ok considering the position and actions taken there was no way for him to get off the rounds and magically knock the bottom of a shotgun which has a body in front of it from his movement forward, also did you forget he used the barrel to push cole down? Sorry buddy but this would mean simple medical fact, head shot equals body spasm and finger on trigger means point blank with a shotgun round. both characters are dead unless you wanted to revise? Also when he pushed him back his hand was still on the barrel holding it to his eyes if you forgot meaning that he could easily have pushed the weapon away as was stated in my post, what you just did was the same that the miracle runner aric did, god modded. He said he would change his post in response to your complaint I suggest you do the same or else both characters are dead, then again there was no way that he could have shot him in the chest since he had the barrel in his hand the entire time until his knee was on his elbow. So please consider revising....

Ok, I think I figured out the issue.

First off, your post was pretty vague on the allocation of pronouns. 
Quote...for him to push him back with the barrel of his shotgun and pulling the barrel off his face since he had it still in his hand against his eye/
I really don't know what's going on in this sentence.  I get the "pushed Cole back with his shotgun."  I also assumed that the "pulling the barrel off his face" was also referring to Cole, since you didn't mention Ludvig between the two pronouns - thus they were still 'attached' to Cole.

So I imagined the situation going down thus: 1.) Ludvig spits, 2.) Ludvig thrusts with his shotgun, attempting to knock Cole back ((that was actually a bunny; you assumed control of my character there >.>)), 3.) Ludvig pulls his barrel off Cole's face in preparation to place it under his chin.  Upon hearing your complaint, I realized that the "Still in his hand" had made me think it meant his own shotgun, but now I realize you were referring to his hand on Cole's M16.  That's why the two shots were to the chest with one in the head.  I assumed he hadn't pushed away Cole's M16, and since Cole had fallen backward, the gun would be aiming more or less upwards at his torso.  And uncontrolled recoil would have flung the muzzle upward, thus the third shot being to the jaw.

Nonetheless, my post still stands as is.  As soon as Ludvig spits, Cole is reflexively pulling that trigger.  I'll edit the part about Cole falling backward, since he would have shot before Ludvig even had a chance to push him back.  I'll admit I fucked that up  :-[.  But this is NOT a godmod.  If anything, your previous post was more of a godmod since you bunnied Cole.

Also, being a Nursing student, I have to point at the inaccuracy of your "simple medical fact."  Intense trauma to the brain does not cause spasms.  Scenes in movies where someone gets bashed in their head and starts twitching is exaggerated for dramatic effect.  In real life, its a reflex to knock away attackers even though the person is unconscious; i.e. it's not the result of the damage.  A bullet through the front of the brain (which, fired into the forehead, would eventually penetrate the motor cortex), especially one of the caliber found in the M16, would destroy the brain.  There'd be no neuron cluster left intact to stimulate the muscle groups necessary to pull a trigger.  Any person would simply slump dead.

I'll point out though that Ludvig might see Cole pull the trigger, and so begin to pull his own while his brain is still intact.  If he's focused enough on pulling the trigger, he might even do it reflexively from hearing, or feeling, the fired M16 bullet.  But it wouldn't be from a spasm.

Kaiser Maverick

Question Mark

Quote from: Kaiser Maverick on July 16, 2010, 08:34:42 PM
Maybe I should snipe you both and end it.

Lmao.  That would put a nice, final touch on the situation.  ;)

Unfortunately, no LoS, no gauge on wind speed or direction, only a rough approximate distance, no time to set up, and no rifle means very unlikely.  :(    Unless you meant snipe (by mortar)?  :P

Kaiser Maverick

Kaiser Maverick

Zaer Darkwail

With big cannon you show middle finger when it comes accuracy but hug raw fire power and destruction.

Question Mark

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 16, 2010, 09:02:37 PM
With big cannon you show middle finger when it comes accuracy but hug raw fire power and destruction.

I read that, and now my brain hurts.  Translation please?

Zaer Darkwail

::)

I basically meant that when you have big enough cannon you do not care for accuracy if said blast from cannon creates huge blast. Example; you need accuracy with sniper rifle. But if you have death star you do not care where exactly you aim with it so long it hits the planet (even by corner) it's destroyed.

Question Mark

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 16, 2010, 09:32:04 PM
::)

I basically meant that when you have big enough cannon you do not care for accuracy if said blast from cannon creates huge blast. Example; you need accuracy with sniper rifle. But if you have death star you do not care where exactly you aim with it so long it hits the planet (even by corner) it's destroyed.

Ah, wise analogy.