Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Cerevan on September 16, 2014, 06:03:36 PM
Due to some unforeseen complications and demands with a game I have previous obligations to...I'll be withdrawing my consideration for this game. Best of luck to those who remain! I'll be lurking and reading your delightful tales. ;)

No problem.  We're sorry to see you go.  If your complications lift, and demands with the other game lighten, you're always welcome to come back :)

Quote from: Derwaysh on September 16, 2014, 06:22:37 PM
Milady Gnothi,

What's the protocol when it comes to character sheet submission? You may have put it on the front page but unfortunately I either missed it or couldn't find it anywhere else, I've also seen it done in a multitude of ways so I simply wanted to confirm. May I PM it to you and CC Black Howling? Thanks. : )

I think I added something at the bottom of the first post in this thread, but I may be mistaken.

You can post it here, or PM it to both myself and Howling.  Since you posted it here, that's more than alright. 
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Lady Lunarius

~ ~ ~  Cilian Azemar   ~ ~ ~

Writer Name:  Lady Lunarius

Character Name:  Cilian Azemar

Face Claim:  Craig Parker

Blood Status:  Magic Born: Cilian has the ability to control smaller flames. Such things as lighting a candle or starting a fire in the fireplace. He can not control said flame only start it. It just takes something flammable to be nearby. Which has come in handy when needing a distraction though it takes a good deal of concentration. At least due to the fact he has to ignore most of what's going on around him for a brief moment.  He's always known about his gift. His father before him had the gift as did his father before him and so on.

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:  Exile of Thohas

Country/Kingdom of Birth:  Thohas

Physical Description: Cilian stands at 6'1" which he uses to his advantages. His dark hair falls loose around his shoulders, framing his dark eyes only adding to the darkness he seems to carry with him. You'll never see him slouching, he bears himself with dignity and honor. His usual garb are robes that are blood red lined with silver trim. Though when necessary he wears thick tunics fit for battle. On his back is a fairly fresh wound/scar from his recent escape from Thohas. Though there are several much older scars this one is by far the largest.

Personality: A severe man more often than not, Cilian has very few soft spots. One of which being his Queen. Very few have his trust, and she is at the top of the list. He enjoys simple things, though has a taste for fine wines. His only true goal at the moment is to see Queen Ela back upon a throne he's always believed was rightfully hers. He will not stand for traitors, or any who mean his Queen harm. 

Profession:  Body Guard/Personal Advisor to Queen Ela

History: Cilian was born and raise in Thohas. His father had been advisor to Queen Ela's father, and Cilian was raised to be the next advisor to the ruler of Thohas. Though from the beginning his loyalties were to Ela. Not only had he fallen for her beauty but for her mind. He watched her grow from an awkward young woman into the strong Queen she was and is. Many of his studies revolved around politics and diplomacy. However he felt that his role as an advisor was not enough. When he was still a teen he requested that his studies also revolve around battle.

As the years went on his training increased as did his studies. After a few years he offered his services as body guard to the King. Instead his efforts were rewarded much differently than he could hope for. Instead he was placed as the sole guard to Princess Ela. Where she went he was to go as well, his studies continued however he found himself tasked with balancing them with his new duties. As time went on the two shared a certain bond. He found himself wishing for her to be upon the throne, not merely ruling from behind the scenes. He could see how the lands flourished and when the aging King passed he encouraged her to take her place.

He had thought of the war that may ensue, however what he hadn't counted on was their allies turning against the Queen. The night they'd fled he took a serious wound. One that had seemed to most he would be unable to recover from. A wound gained due to using his power to catch one of the banners over head aflame. The old cloth caught quickly however he was struck from behind and barely made it out alive. He set his Queen to find those he knew they could trust. He knew he'd only slow her escape. However he was found by another loyalist who tended his wounds. The next day he followed the network of those who remained her dutiful servants and was once again at her side.

So far he's managed to hide such an injury from her. Not wishing to worry her, knowing there are far more pressing issues than his wounds. As they arrived on the island he questioned for but a moment her choice in a place to call "home". It was the last place he wished for her to be, however he could see the benefits of her staying there. Whores. However questionable their practice, are loyal to those they surround themselves with. Still he keeps guard, offering his services as a bouncer of sorts for time being. For as long as his Queen desires to stay.

Religion:  He follow's no religion. While in Thohas he at least concealed this fact.

Weapons:  Bastard sword, gunpowder he keeps in a pouch on his hip for ignition purposes.

Sexuality:  Heterosexual

On's and Off's: Similar to player's o/o's
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

GnothiSeauton

In character threads are up!

Please check the OOC for further details!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Bloodied Porcelain

She isn't approved yet, but I just finished my healer, if anyone wants to read her over and discuss connections:

~ ~ ~  Mystral Hájek ~ ~ ~

Writer Name:  Bloodied Porcelain

Character Name:  Mystral Hájek

Alias / Nickname:  The Witch. The Witch of Effugios. Her. Myst. Mysty. M.

Face Claim:  Katie McGrath

Blood Status:  Non-Magic Born Human, though you can't tell the locals that. They will never believe you.

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:  Exile of Thohas

Country/Kingdom of Birth:  Thohas

Physical Description:  At 5'4", Mystral is not what most would call intimidating in terms of stature. With graceful, almost willowy arms, shapely legs, and full womanly curves, she is in fact what most would consider quintessentially feminine. In spite of her beauty, however, the  healer has learned to adapt her clothing to be more practical, usually consisting of form fitting bodices and loose, long skirts that come to her ankles, showing off the flat soled boots she prefers to wear, which allow her ample protection but also comfort and ease of use and cleaning. Her hair is long and nearly obsidian in hue, accentuating her milk white skin and eyes which shift between blue and green and every shade between the two. Her lips are full and soft, and often a fair bit darker that her skin tone, which makes them stand out all the more. It is whispered that her good looks are as "unnatural" as her ability to heal, further marking her as the witch so many swear she is.

Personality:  A life spent half as a slave and half as a feared outcast and suspected murderer, Mystral is not accustomed to being around people. This has honed her manner in to one of quiet seriousness, where her work and her survival are paramount over any social interaction life has to offer. She is exceptionally gifted in the healing arts, specifically otherwise unknown or disbelieved remedies for everything from deadly poisons to minor cases of the sniffles. This is perhaps the only thing that has completely kept her without any social interaction with people, as people occasionally become desperate enough to save their loved one that they come to The Witch of Effugios seeking her help. Her prices are surprisingly not as steep as many would likely charge, given the level of skill and care she puts in to every patient that finds their sick bed in her home, though her bedside manner is occasionally lacking, her tender and caring moments usually reserved for when the patient is asleep or delirious rather than awake and coherent enough to know what is happening around them.

In spite of her social awkwardness and introverted nature, however, Mystral is a woman quite capable of deep levels of caring and devotion, one just has to persevere against the barriers she puts up around herself. A deep sense of guilt hangs over her after the death of the man who owned and raised her from childhood, who ensured she got the kind of tutoring necessary to become so skilled with the inherent talents she already had. As she was raised as a slave, Mystral never learned to read, and now that she is an adult free woman, she has made it a mission to teach herself... something that is coming slowly and with great difficulty, as she has no steady and solid tutor to help her. She has a deep seated love of nature and can spend days away from her home, scouring the Island for the herbs and materials she needs, or simply exploring and enjoying herself. She is perhaps for that reason one of the most knowledgeable when it comes to the island's geography and flora and fauna, though she doesn't give tours and thinks most people are idiots for even daring to dream of exploring.

Profession:  Former Slave, Healer, General Outcast

History:  Born in Thohas, Mystral was the only child of one of the country's most well known and skilled healers. Immediately from the moment she was old enough to grasp even the most simple of concepts, Mystral was being taught everything from proper harvesting of herbs and plants for healing and potions, to how to bind wounds and not to be bothered by blood and gore. She showed an innate aptitude for the healing arts, and seemed to have a gift that was half trained, half instinctive for finding the herbs and plants she was sent to harvest from the harsh Thohas wilderness.

When Mystral was only eight years old, her father was accused of treason and trying to poison the King's bastard son to prevent any claim he might have had to the throne in the future. Unable to truly understand what was happening or why her family was so terrified, Mystral watched on in horror as her father was arrested and carted off for public execution. The rest of the Hájek family, however, was exiled from their homeland, sent off to find a place to belong in far away lands. The trip to Effugios was one fraught with danger, and so it was of little surprise to many who heard about it when the merchant ship the Hájek family was traveling on was beset upon by pirates. Some even whispered that it was planned by the royal family of Thohas to have the family captured and sold as slaves as further punishment for the attempt on the life of the King's son.

Mystral was taken first to Malum, where she was bought by a traveling merchant. Upon noticing the girl's skill with healing and herbalism, he immediately set about seeing to it that the girl had all the best training he could provide. He believed he could put the girl to work, to compliment his business by having her act as a healer to those he encountered in need of such services, and the more training he invested in for her, the more successful the side venture would be. Given his wealth, the training and knowledge was nearly limitless, but it didn't take long for the young Mystral to begin to surpass her teachers, and before long he could find no one who didn't end up learning from the girl instead of the other way around.

To the surprise of her master, he actually began to look at the soft spoken, serious faced girl he was investing so much time in as something of a daughter of his own. What had once been a business venture quickly became a member of the family, and Mystral found a place in his heart before she ever realized it. He would never be her father, nor truly be family, but she began to care for him in turn. His pride over her skills as a healer and insistence that she was the best healer in Effugios and perhaps even in most of the world only furthered their bond.

It is for this reason that when a strange ailment Mystral had never seen before (nor any others contacted to come to his aide) set in to him, Mystral took it and his quickly dwindling health personally. She worked tirelessly... day and night searching for a cure, but no cure was found, and soon enough Mystral was forced to stand at his bed side while he signed the papers to make her a free woman. At the tender age of 15, Mystral watched the man who had become something of a second father to her die, holding his hand the entire time. The rumors started not long after, and even as Mystral became a citizen of Effugios, people were whispering that she had caused the illness of her master and mentor, that she had manipulated him in to freeing her, and that she gained her gifts as a healer not because she worked day in and day out on expanding her skills and knowledge, but because she had given herself over to dark powers and they had given her magic with which to work her healing.

No proof was ever found that she was involved in her master's death, and Mystral was cleared of any wrong doing in the eyes of the law, but not the public. It didn't take long for her to be forced to take the wealth and belongings that had been left to her and leave the town. She had very little that was left to her, and so she moved in to the forest to build herself a small home. It's a mere three rooms and a root cellar, but it is enough to suit her meager purposes.

Since moving out there, her company is rare and usually limited to those desperate for help, even desperate enough to turn to an accused witch and rumored murderer. What makes the rumors truly a pity is the fact that Mystral may very well be the best healer south of the equator, and easily one of the best in the world, and people just don't know it.

Religion:  Non-Religious, largely because she caries a rather deep seated sense of being abandoned and betrayed by any deity or higher powers given how her life has gone.

Weapons: Mystral carries a simple finely made dagger she inherited from her former owner when he died, a stave she is moderately skilled with for protection, and is also in possession of a bow and arrows she uses for hunting

Sexuality:  Bisexual, prefers men.

On's and Off's:  Player's
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Lady Lunarius

BP your character might have connections with my Aleksey's tribe. She could possibly be a healer that she takes her wounded to.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on September 16, 2014, 10:00:30 PM
BP your character might have connections with my Aleksey's tribe. She could possibly be a healer that she takes her wounded to.

YIM? *goes to look at Aleksey's sheet*

Sindra

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Sindra on September 16, 2014, 10:09:28 PM
Damn BP - she's a hottie :D

*giggles* When have you ever known me to play someone who wasn't a hottie in some way? ;)

Sindra

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 16, 2014, 10:14:57 PM
*giggles* When have you ever known me to play someone who wasn't a hottie in some way? ;)

That's so very true.  But, ya know, I still gotta say something about it so you know they're appreciated  ;D

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Sindra on September 16, 2014, 10:16:03 PM
That's so very true.  But, ya know, I still gotta say something about it so you know they're appreciated  ;D

*snickers* One day I will get to play a little lovely for one of your men again. I miss our cute, crazy couple. :D

Sindra

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 16, 2014, 10:17:11 PM
*snickers* One day I will get to play a little lovely for one of your men again. I miss our cute, crazy couple. :D

*Waggles her eyebrows* Oh, me too!  I shall make you a lovely man anytime you'd like honey!

King Serperior

*Peeks*

I am right now beating back a big plot bunny for a character who, at a young age, was sold into slavery to a small pirate ship (Crew of 30-40 NPCs).  Over the years, he pretty much became the son of the captain and, now in his 20s, has taken over after the elderly pirate who was his 'father' died of scurvy.  But due to the fact that I am fairly behind on things, I am not letting this grow beyond the plot bunny concept until I have at least caught up on some things  >.>;

Blaming Rel for this.  She showed her her awesome pirate woman and now I can't get the idea of pirates out of my head.

:P

EDIT:  Plan on using this guy as the character model:

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: King Serperior on September 17, 2014, 04:49:32 AM
*Peeks*

I am right now beating back a big plot bunny for a character who, at a young age, was sold into slavery to a small pirate ship (Crew of 30-40 NPCs).  Over the years, he pretty much became the son of the captain and, now in his 20s, has taken over after the elderly pirate who was his 'father' died of scurvy.  But due to the fact that I am fairly behind on things, I am not letting this grow beyond the plot bunny concept until I have at least caught up on some things  >.>;

Blaming Rel for this.  She showed her her awesome pirate woman and now I can't get the idea of pirates out of my head.

>.> <.<

I may have been overly excited about making that character - yes.

King Serperior

No hard feelings!  *Hugs*  I just have to keep the bunnies at bay until I can get ahead of the flow of posts  :P

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

GnothiSeauton

*Peeks*

Definitely curious to see more!

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

*Peeks*

*squeal* KINGY! JOIN US!

King Serperior

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 17, 2014, 08:02:55 AM
Definitely curious to see more!
Hehe, well, that's about all there is for the plot bunny of a character.  I haven't the foggiest clue what sort of niches that you need filled  :P
Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 17, 2014, 08:07:33 AM
*squeal* KINGY! JOIN US!
*Suddenly hears the ominious chanting of 'Join us.  Join us.' in the background*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Lynnie

I am working on a human who does street magic you know fake stuff

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: King Serperior on September 17, 2014, 08:13:41 AM
Hehe, well, that's about all there is for the plot bunny of a character.  I haven't the foggiest clue what sort of niches that you need filled  :P

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213235.msg10476956#msg10476956

That's a general idea of the characters we have so far, and their occupations.

Quote from: Lynnie on September 17, 2014, 10:35:27 AM
I am working on a human who does street magic you know fake stuff

Oooooh.  I like the sound of that!

Seeking New Stories

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lynnie

Thanks GS :) I have wanted to play a con artist for a while now and this seems like a good place.

King Serperior

Yes, I said I'd play a pirate, but I saw her and had to play her  >.>

~ ~ ~ Sarah LeBlanc ~ ~ ~

Writer Name:  King Serperior

Character Name:  Sarah LeBlanc

Alias / Nickname:  Red (the name given to her when she was sold into slavery)

Face Claim:  Ariel Piper Fawn

Blood Status:  Has magical blood, but no magic.  The blood in her family has become dilute, leaving 80% of those born in her family as carriers of magic rather than users.  This is due to large portions of her family interbreeding with one another.  Sarah is one of the lucky few not born of incest, but she still lacks any ability to use magic.

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:  Sarah is a going to be sold on the island as a pleasure slave by pirates who hope that her chaste, fresh body will sell for a lot.  She will likely never leave the island ever again.

Country/Kingdom of Birth:  Espata

Physical Description:  Sarah is a little on the short side at 5'6" and barely weighs 110 soaking wet.  Her skin is, at the moment at least, smooth and unblemished*.  She has a beautiful, natural tan from her days in her home region and her body is fresh and chaste.  Her brown eyes are of a rich, chocolate color and sparkle with an undertone of mischief and wit.  Her red hair falls down a little past her shoulders and has a natural shine in the sun.

*Regarding tattoos and piercings:  This will depend on the master that she gets, if she even gets one.

Personality:  Sarah is as fiery and feisty as her red hair suggests.  She may be born of noble blood, but she can get into it with the best of people.  Although she is innocent in many ways, in others, she is a little devil.  She is known to lower the guard of others with a nice smile and flirt before getting the upper hand with her words.  In more ways than one, she is far from lady-like, having traveled with raiders and pirates for almost a year after her capture.

The attack on her home has left her with bad memories, but also left her with a new sense of freedom despite being captured.  She feels free now that she doesn't have to suffer under her family's rule.  Furthermore, she is excited to see new worlds.  However, it's not until she is sold to pirates that she realized her fate.  In the end, while she is quite innocent in the ways of sex, she more than makes up for it as a woman who isn't afraid to get her hands dirty, cooking, cleaning, and helping whoever her future master may be.

She has not told anyone of her bloodline, but may if her master gets suspicious and asks.

Profession:  Pleasure Slave;  Not yet owned and will be sold as soon as she reaches the island.

History:  Sarah had an extremely easy early life, being born into one of the five riches families.  She was given everything she could ever want, taught by the best of teachers on how to be a good wife for her arranged marriage to her uncle when she turned 25.  Sarah really didn't want to continue her family's secret practice of incest to keep the blood 'pure.'  So, as the day drew closer and closer, she spent more time away from the family home and more time in the markets of her country.

It was during one of her trips out to the market that some traitors to the five families started their raid.  Most of them were members who were denied the status of their brothers and sisters and wished to take revenge by stealing away those who stood in their way.  Sarah was one such target, snatched as she was looking over a stand of melons.  The raid was lightning fast and was over in less than two hours, resulting in no less than 15 members of the rich families being taken.  The traitors then left the city and marched the men and women to the nearest port, crossing several long miles of desert.  They were well tended to as they trekked for the next three months before reaching the port.  There, they were each sold to one of two ships of pirates.  Sarah was singled out because she was still a virgin and the pirates knew that virgins sold for much, much higher prices than regular slaves.

Resigned to her fate, the pirates, though they leered and groped at her, kept her chaste and guarded at all times, under the captain's orders.  A young woman such as herself would fetch a very, very high price and he wanted to make sure that her value wouldn't plummet by someone who was driven by their lust.  In order to do this, he had one of the slaves he bought be used instead.  The next four months were some of the longest Sarah had endured, but they eventually made it to the island.  There, she was sold to the slavers at an extremely high price, taken to be washed up and fed, then added to the list of slaves to be sold at auction.

Her virginity as well as her sharp tongue set her far apart from most of the slaves they received.  There were those out there who wanted a woman who would talk and fight back, so her price was further driven upwards until she was given the highest price of the group they were to sell at the next action.

Religion:  Burning Truth

Weapons:  Nothing but a sharp tongue

Sexuality:  Sarah is open to pretty much anything, be it human or animal, so long as her master desires her to do it.

On's and Off's: 
Hard Offs (These will NOT be negotiable):
Scat, Snuff, Vomit, Vore, Gore, Feet, excessive blood-play (a little is to be expected), Beastility (Only allowing Dogs and Horses, everything else is a NO), anything disallowed by E, permanent mutilation, excessive pain and violence.

Other than these hard offs, feel free to do anything and everything to my character.  However, please do let me know ahead of time.  I may have missed something in this little list of offs.  Thank you!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace