Interest check: The Hunt [EX]

Started by Zelric Miras, January 19, 2010, 08:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zelric Miras

You sit amongst other wealthy men and women as yourself, you don't know the reason for this meeting, except that you were invited by one of your friends or relatives. The room is dim enough that you can get to your seat without bumping with others, but still dim enough so you can see each others' faces. They asked you to sign a contract of silence at the entrance, you were told about that, nothing serious, except for the consequences of breaking it. Afterall it's just the condition to go inside and hear their proposal.

A man in an elegant suit gets on stage, the only place lit up, smiling at those in front of him. A magazine is handed out as he waits, one for each of you. Inside there are pictures of  men and women, also information about them. Whispers are heard amongst the crowd. Mostly wondering what is this about. The man on the stage begins talking, interrupting the whispers.

"Who doesn't like the thrill of the hunt? The contest of man against beast. The adrenaline and the excitement of outwitting your prey and finally catching it." he gestures at those around the room. Without waiting for an answer he continues.

"Now picture this, yourself armed and prepared, chasing a prey as cunning and capable of reasoning as yourself. A prey chosen by yourself from our wide catalog that has just been given to you. Exciting isn't it?" Voices of discomfort are heard and some get up, heading for the exit. A bunch of armed bodyguards block them and 'kindly' ask them to return to their seats.

"There's only one catch." the man continues as if nothing is going on. "The rules: You can't kill your prey. That's it, as long as you follow it, the rest is up to you. The weapons you use, the methods, the gear, you name it, we get it. You can also choose the weapons and gear to give to your prey so your hunt will be up to your skills. After all, it's worth five million dollars to keep your prey healthy and in prime conditions and ready for when you want to use it. That also includes your own expenses while inside our facilities and whatever gear you desire to use. Once you catch your prey you can use your own cabin, tents, or any other form of lodging, prepared to your specifications.

If you are not interested please hand the catalog to the kind man on the door and leave. Remember you have signed a contract of silence, and I'm quite certain you don't want to break it and face the consequences." he says with a grin before turning around. "The rest follow me, so you can choose your prey or preys."

That's the introduction. ^^
I won't be on for a while, so this will remain unchecked for a while, feel free to post comments and if you are interested. Also if you'd like to be prey or hunter.

FlirtyFox

Ooo a bit dark and foreboding sounding, sounds very interesting though, I wouldn't mind taking a try at being the prey. x3
Looks like I just picked a fresh bouquet of oopsy-daisies.

Little Wolfie

Sounds interesting, I wouldn't mind being a prey. :)
With Life comes Death. With Death comes Mourning. With Mourning comes Pain. With Pain comes Death. It's a circle we live. When you don't fear Death, yourself, but fear Death of those close, You deal with circle many, many times. Tis, is why we try to turn the pain from mourning, into something enjoyable. But, when it is failed, it will lead to Death, and the circle, will start over. It's like the circle of Life, but not how you were taught.

Senti

Odin

Kaiten

Interesting in my opinion, almost like running man or something. Got my participation.

Zelric Miras

Seems i've got some interest in this. That's good. I'll leave it up like this a bit more while i set it up.

Pristine Katalyst

Still working on this?

is this play by post or a system game?
O/O's & A/A's  5/3/10-updated!! Please read.

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

Zelric Miras

Play by post, i'm afraid my experience with systems is not satisfying. ^^;

And yes i'm working on this. RL has been awful with my foruming lately.

Pristine Katalyst

Not a problem. I'm in no rush, just curious.

You said no killing... xD does anything else go then? Is NC going to be a viable option? Can a female play as a male character?

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

Zelric Miras

Yes anything else goes, i'm thinking of possible solutions for the killing, perhaps i might take this inside sci-fi a notch, perhaps.

You can play the character you wish for, i'll try to add characters of my own, both male and female, if we don't have enough hunters or prey.

Pristine Katalyst

posting profiles here or in PM? And can I use an anime pic?

Zelric Miras

On the thread i will open soon. ^^ And yes, anime pics are ok.

Zelric Miras

The rp thread is up, i'll lock this one, sorry for the double post.^^