Santorum calls his followers idiots.

Started by Sabby, September 16, 2012, 06:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

And I, for once, agree with him on something.

QuoteWASHINGTON, DC — Former presidential candidate Rick Santorum attacked the media and "smart people" for not being on the side of conservatives in a speech to the Values Voter Summit on Saturday.
"We will never have the media on our side, ever, in this country," Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator, told the audience at the Omni Shoreham hotel. "We will never have the elite, smart people on our side."
The media "doesn't like the other side," Santorum said. "And not necessarily, I would argue, because they agree with them, but because they can influence the country.
"If just a few people make decisions about what this world looks like, what this country looks like, then you have people sitting in offices at major media outlets and Hollywood who think they can deal with a small group of people, to get them to jump through the hoops they want you to," Santorum said.
Santorum also criticized the libertarian wing of the Republican party for not supporting what he sees as the pillars of conservatism: religion and family.
"When it comes to conservatism libertarian types can say, oh, well you know, we don't want to talk about social issues," Santorum said. "Without the church and the family, there is no conservative movement, there is no basic values of America."

The amount of palm-crushing-nose hypocrisy here is just astounding.

Callie Del Noire

I think its another case of foot in mouth disease. He can say more than two sentences without insulting at LEAST one group of people.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 16, 2012, 09:00:47 AM
I think its another case of foot in mouth disease. He can say more than two sentences without insulting at LEAST one group of people.

I wonder how many people vetted that speech before he gave it.  They don't even listen to themselves much less the constituents and what they need and want from our government.

Oniya

Ah, the joys of the Internet era.  Neil Armstrong could make a logical contradiction as the first words on another astronomical body, nobody notices, and everyone cheers instead.  Rick Santorum tastes shoe-leather and it travels around the world in an eye-blink.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

But he makes it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAASSY

It's like.. 'Its like turning crabs on their backs... I shouldn't.. " but that demonic inner child makes you do it anyway. You might feel guilty later but you still think about it.

Oniya

Quote from: Oniya on September 16, 2012, 10:40:59 AM
Rick Santorum tastes shoe-leather and it travels around the world in an eye-blink.

By which I mean that I've already posted it to Facebook.  >:)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Will

I'm almost positive he meant to say that they would never have the "intellectual elite" on their side, but somehow it came out "elite, smart people."  Pretty funny. XD
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Sabby

I love it xD The only reason we're losing is the smartysmarts are all up in their stupid smart tower agreeing with each other!