The ES Club (Anime/School/Club) (Request thread) (Still accepting)

Started by MelodyCake, March 13, 2017, 09:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyCake

All over the school, either hidden under other flyers on the student boards, in trashcans, or floating about in the hallways after being torn down, is the flyers for the Extraordinary Search Club! Or, the ES club for short. Yet, despite the fact that the school is already well into the first semester, it seems that the club is almost dead, except for the only known member, Ian Kenton; who overly enthusiastically continues to distribute the flyers around school, even going as far as to slip some into lockers. Ether way, Ian Kenton has managed to become slightly famous amongst the students as the rumours about his club continue to rise.

Yet, despite all that, Ian continues being blissfully unaware of the rumours, as he eagerly continues distributing the flyers he had made through out the school during the breaks, and even waiting in the club room for a few hours before heading home. Not seeming to have given up yet on starting his club. Though, one day, something changes, and all his hard work seems to have payed off one way or another, and the members start ticking in one by one.

Story Overview:

The story centres around around The ExtraOrdinary Search Club, or the ES Club for short. This roleplay will be heavily character based, but it will also have events happening through out the course of the roleplay.

Despite the fact that the characters come from different types if social circles within the school, they all have one thing in common; and that is, for one reason or another, they end up joining the ES Club. Be it due to being accidentally pulled along Ian's whims, a fellow paranormal enthusiest, a dare from a fellow student or a friend, or even just outright boredom.  The story starts with the characters slowly making their way to the club room to ether sign up for the club, or just to have a look.

Important Threads
Chapter 1 The Awakening
Information Thread
Discussion Thread
Interest Check

Requirements:

OoC Participation wanted: Players should make an effort to be as active as they can in the OoC of the roleplay. Communication is a critical requirement in group endeavors, and roleplays in general are more fun when people interact and engage with one another.
Posting Length: We've all heard of 'Quality before Quantity', but admittedly it's pretty difficult to have quality when posts are really short. Hence I would appreciate it if players would consistently attempt to write at least two paragraphs per post.
Posting Limitation: To ensure that people aren't constantly being left behind, please wait for 3 (or*) 4 people to post before posting again with the same character. (*Will settle on a number once player numbers are definitive).
Posting Frequency: I would like participants to be able to post a minimum of every 2~3 days. I intend for this to be a pretty active roleplay, and I believe activity is crucial to engagement.
Final Decisions: Players should be aware that GM Decisions are final. I'm open to brainstorming and negotiating ideas, however I can confidently claim that I know what will and won't work in a roleplay I've designed. So if something definitively doesn't work, please cooperate accordingly.

Please note: That the characters involved in this roleplay must be 18+ years or older.
Characters can very in personality and sexuality (LGB+)
Character interactions are susceptible to change throughout the course of the GRP, so please be open to interacting with a range of different character.

MelodyCake

Name: Ian Kenton
Sexuality: Bisexual
Height: 5'4 (162 cm)
Hair Color: Caramel brown
Eye Color: Green

Personality:

Obsessed with the paranormal: Ever since the Ian was a kid, he has found himself actively trying to hunt down the creatures from the picture books that were read to him as a child. Despite the fact his obsession has dimmed a bit over the years, the longing to complete his childlike dream of capturing something abnormal has not withered away. If anything, the hunger of having his thirst quenched had only found itself rekindled in his later teens, the desire burning even brighter then ever.
Shiny Collector: When stumbling upon something 'shiny' as the boy would call it, he isn't always able to contain himself from picking it up and putting it in his pocket; be it marbles, smoothed out glass, funny shaped rocks, coins and more. Of course, he is also just as quick as to explain why he picked up the said item, though the stories are just as unbelievable as his reasoning for believing in the abnormal.

Strengths and Skills:

Eccentric: Ian has always been the odd one out, the last one picked, and he has been fine with that. If anything, it appears he has embraced his unconventional approach to life and his love for the paranormal.
Puppy dog friendly: If you are nice, charming or funny, you officially become Ian's friend. Perhaps trying too hard at times, he always does his best at making his first impression count. Greeting everyone with a bright smile, and even a hug if it's welcomed. Perhaps one of the many reasons why the brunette has managed to get himself somewhat known amongst his peers. But it is possibly one of the few reasons why Ian has never been outright hated for his outlandish behaviour.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Technical difficulties: Never, ever, ever, place Ian in front of a computer. Ian was shunned by the tech-gods when he was born, and little has changed over the years. His ability to break anything which is plugged into an electric port in itself could be considered a talent if breaking things could be considered as one, as for using it? Maybe one day.
Culinary “artist”: The gods must of being having a public holiday during his christening, as the deities of the dining table also forgot to give him their blessings. Ian is a mess in the kitchen and in addition to his destructive powers with electronic appliances, his ‘kitchen witchcraft’ can sadly even set water on fire. At least the fire looks pretty?

Ian has managed to gain quite the reputation since the start of the semester.
One of them being that he escaped the loony bin and isn't actually a student.
Another is doing a social experiment.
The third is that he his actually a pervert, trying to make a collection for an harem.
A fourth, is that he lost a bet, and therefor is acting the way he is, that there is actually no ES club.
The one that perhaps stands the most out is that he is the son of the principal.
One thing is for certain, Ian Kenton ether seems to be ignoring the rumours, or is blissfully unaware of what is being said behind his back.

I thought I'd set up a character sheet application for those interested, the format might change if this actually takes off.

Character sheet application
[float=left][img height=300] (IMAGE link here) [/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Hair Color: [/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

(Pick one or two, explain)

[b]Strengths and Skills:[/b]

[b]Flaws and Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Why has your character decided to join the ES club?[/b]

(Was it a dare? ''Captivated'' by the ES club president? Or just curious? Please explain, in at least a paragraph why your character has decided to join.)

[b]What social circle is your character in?[/b]

(Examples: The nerds? Cheerleader? School athlete? How do their friends perceive them within said group?)

Kokaine

I could be up for some lighthearted fun in this if it attacts others.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Avalon29

I'm certainly interested in this if we get enough interest. It looks like some good lighthearted fun.

JoanieSappho

MelodyCake

Glad to have the four of you interested, Kokaine, Avalon, Joanie and Idle :)

I might add an NPC or two into my own character list sometime tomorrow :)

quozax

How about a character that can see and talk to ghosts that no one else can see or hear.  Everyone thinks his just crazy.

Avalon29

Oh question, does the club focus on just the supernatural ghosts, vampires, and stuff or all kinds of UMA?

MelodyCake

I have had two people mention it in PM's that the roleplay reminds them a little bit of the anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, even someone mentioning Kokoro Connect, so I am a little bit wondering if we should go down that route a bit?

If I'd go with something like that, I'd want people not to tell anyone asides from the GM, me, about what mythical creature they'd be basing their character off. At least it wouldn't be in the character sheet.
They would all look human though.

Ether way, I was sort of thinking that the over all theme of the ES Club would be the abnormal; ghosts, espers, alians, vampires, etc. But it wouldn't necessarily be seen, at least not at the start.

Leki

Might possibly be interested in something like this~
Though it'd largely depend on how things are executed.
I personally prefer a non-mythical creature approach when it comes to player characters, and go for a Suzumiya Haruhi approach where characters;
- Believe they've got special powers, or believe themselves to be a mythical creature (but can't substantiate it).
- Or they have powers, but they're pretty negligible and pointless.

Essentially I'd prefer the roleplay to be about a group of humans students chasing after the paranormal. Opposed to an after-school club where monster/creatures gather.

Chasing after the paranormal though would be awesome in all forms.

quozax

I have only recently really started to get into anime, so I have not seen either The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Kokoro Connect. 

But, I'm going to have to agree with Leki.  I like the idea of humans chasing the supernatural.  But that doesn't mean one of the group can't be a supernatural individual who looks human, and the group doesn't know they are not human.

That might be interesting

MelodyCake

I think I channelled a little too much of Ian today when I went to the bank... I mayyyy have broken a teller machine...
And it ate my money...
And now I'm waiting for a call from the bank....
>.>
<.<

Anywho...

@Leki
What I was planning was the more normal human students chasing after the paranormal, but since there were some PM's bringing up the anime's, I thought I'd put it out there.

If I'd go for "powers", I'd more think of it as a character trait/flaw. Cause, powers will not really be used or the main focus in this roleplay, so it would be obsolete.

So with that in mind, it would be more amusing to go down the Kokoro connect route more, where, as you said, believe themselves they got special powers.
Think it could be pretty funny, for an example have a character who says they can go invisible, but only when no one is looking xD Or someone believing they are a vampire, and thus avoid garlic; hello cooking class :P

But I suppose your question helped answer my own question about powers xD
So thank you Leki :P

@quozax
Both the animes are actually pretty good in my opinion :)
But yeah, no. Ether the characters know or don't know they are supernatural individuals, I think going the unknown route would take too much from the theme I am hoping this roleplay will go.

What does the rest think? Should we introduce the concept of the characters believing they are ''special'' in someway? But of course, because of it, they try to hide their powers, that aren't really there. And what a better place to hide, then in plain sight? :P

quozax

That would go great with my character's can see ghosts powers. 

No one else can see or hear them.  Even the other members might think he's crazy.  Whether he can 'really' see ghosts is up to the GM, but I would like to play it as if he can.  I'm making a character now.

quozax

Name: Mason Forester
Height: 5' 10” (177.8 cm)
Hair Color: Light brown
Eye Color: Blue

Personality:

Rather meek:  Mason is not an overzealous personality.  He tends to stick in the background and tries to blend in.  He is not the one who will raise his hand first to be called in a classroom.  He is soft spoken but has a big heart.  If he finds a good friend, he may latch on like a leech.

Knows he's weird:  Mason talks to himself (see flaws) and looks at an empty space as if he can see someone.  He tries not to talk to himself (aka ghosts) in public places.  He's already weird enough.

Strengths and Skills:

Kind:  Mason is kind and gentle, and sometimes a pushover and can be talked into most things.   He's still a virgin at the age of 18 and because he talks to himself, he has never had a real relationship.  He would sacrifice himself to help his friends.

Can see Ghosts:  yes this is both a flaw and a strength.  Mason can see and hear ghosts.  Apparitions that no one else can see or hear – or so he says.  But sometimes he knows thing that he should not know.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Not a geek:  Despite having glasses and decent in math; he really doesn't have a clue about technical devices.  People assume he knows all about how to hack into something or how to make a rocket – he doesn't.  And it does bug him when people assume he does.

Why has your character decided to join the ES club?

Mason wants to prove to everyone else that ghosts really do exist and that he can see and hear them.  The ES club seemed perfect for him.  He's tired of feeling weird and an outsider.  He's tired of people talking behind his back.  Maybe if he can prove to everyone these things exist, he wouldn't feel so alone.

What social circle is your character in?

Technically, Mason is an outsider.  He's not smart or tech savvy enough to be a nerd.  He's not strong or athletic like a jock.  And the few friends he has, he feels are mostly just humoring him about seeing ghosts. It's a very small group.

Leki

Name: Valsche Aldriche
Sexuality: Bi-Curious
Height: 6’1” (186cm)
Hair Color: Platinum Silver
Eye Color: Ice Blue

Personality:
Brashly Competitive: Valsche’s childhood can be characterized by the negligence and disengagement expressed by his parents. Raised by an unloving mother who was ultimately imprisoned for misappropriating funds at work, and a father who embraced his addiction of gambling and alcohol. It was only a matter of time before Valsche concluded that nothing good could come from relying on others. His apprehensive attitude towards others gradually developed him into a highly cynical individual who believed that opposition existed to be beaten down, and anything was fair game as long as he could get away with it.
Oppose Authority: There are only two types of people in Valsche’s world; people who insist on making his life difficult, and people who couldn’t care less what happened to him. Due to his behaviour and disposition towards others, he has a strong disliking towards authoritarian figures and prevalent views. Being an individual who likes to act first and deal with the consequences later, he’s also averse to intellectual types who he views as smug, manipulative, and dishonest.

Strengths and Skills:
Violence: Confrontational and uncompromising when it comes to his ‘entitlements.’ Violence and aggression have been a constant feature throughout Valsche’s entire life, and while it’s deliver negative implications for his emotional and social growth, his perseverance and competitiveness to triumph have developed him physically as a vicious brawler.
Local Familiarity: Although none one could ever consider Valsche to be street smart, Valsche’s knowledge of the local town and its surrounding areas is incredibly in-depth. With no toys to play with at home, and no friends to meet up with on a regular basis. Valsche naturally spent his earliest years roaming the streets unattended and unrestrained. Even once entering the education system he’d frequently truant school to continue his explorations. From unconventional shortcuts, to vending machines that usually have a bit of change left in them.

Flaws and Weaknesses:
Short Fuse: Quick to judge, and even quicker to act. Valsche has an extremely low tolerance-threshold, and will be quick to express and exhibit his disapproval towards anything that he doesn’t like. In contrast though he’s shown a tendency to be quite involved and indulgent in matters which benefit and/or appeal to him.
Academic Delinquent: Showing next to no commitment when it comes to matters that don’t interest him, he’s a delinquent that seldom turns up for school, and even if he were to improve his attendance his academic grades are unlikely to change… Albeit, he can’t be a complete dunce because academically he’s the second dumbest… meaning there’s a student who’s doing worse than him somewhere in the school.

Valsche’s parents have long since forgone their responsibility of taking care of their son; and as such the responsibility has fallen on the shoulders of the one of the school’s teachers; who had the misfortune of being the half-brother of Valsche’s father. After Valsche was detained by the police for an innumerable number of times, the authorities negotiated and mandated that Valsche was to spend his after-school hours engaged in club activities. But naturally none of the existing clubs were insane enough to take on a club-member who could be detrimental at best.

Valsche is renown throughout the school as a thuggish brute who should be avoided at all costs. Needlessly confrontational and hostile towards all cliques within the school, he’s quite simply a lone wolf who has no intentions of mingling with the likes of others. While some may attempt to categorize him as a bully, Valsche prides himself on being aggressive and apprehensive towards all students and faculty, regardless of their social standing.

JoanieSappho

At this point, I'm wondering if I should go with my original idea, or make a guy.
(Also, guy-on-guy stuff is so damn rare on here I kinda want to encourage it)

Original Idea

Of course, I could combine the two and throw her in and have her encourage the guys to do stuff with each other while she watches.  :P

Leki

@MelodyCake (and Quozax(?))
Ouch! Hopefully you didn't lose too much money?
Banks are wicked institutions, and should be burned down if they're going to cheat you your money!
(Please don't burn a bank down).

In regards to powers, I wouldn't get too caught up in them.
Having run a roleplay with powers recently (and looking back at my experiences) I'd advise against forcing them in if they aren't compatible with what you have planned. Using Quozax's character as an example, I think Mason being able to see ghosts is a nice touch to the character. But overall I think leaving the power 'unconfirmed' and up to each individual character to create a perception of would be best.

Since we're comparing anime's; I'm thinking something like "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!" would be the best comparisons.
Psychic Powers

Overall I support anything that adds characters... without adding the increased chance of people stuffing up xD
Being a lover of extreme personalities, I'd be quite disappointed if we got a bunch of nice/friendly/helpful guys, and kind/caring/soft-spoken girls.... cause without exception... they're boring! xD

@Joanie
Fujyoshi~
Though... when you say "Original Idea" did you have something more than just an image? xD

MelodyCake, Quozax and myself are comfortable with MxM from the looks of it, and I'm pretty sure we can count of Avalon to add a fourth xD
Seems like a solid base to work off, though more would definitely be welcome.
MxM isn't impossible to find if you specifically make a roleplay for it...
But I will admit that most male players tend to be averse to their males being anything other than strictly hetero...
What confuses me is when they then go off to chase futa's xD

Drawing another anime parralel, I do think it'd be funny for one of the schools most sought after girls, being extremely into gay/yaoi fiction xD

quozax

If I make a male character, they are always bi.  It's just the way I am, and I'm not afraid on MxM and have considered making some role plays just for that purpose. 

JoanieSappho

I'm not complaining!
Honestly, I'm as tired as you guys seem to be about "LGBT+ = bi girls, straight guys 90% of the time"

As for you, Leki, I kinda only had a vague idea. I've been unconscious a lot the last couple of days, doing that 'sleep' thing that I normally never seem to be able to manage.  :P
So, image and vague ideas, which pretty much were being a major yaoi fangrl, as well as being a proto-crazy cat lady. And yes, she actually does wear the collar and everything. Also, she believes, well, Melody said to keep those things to ourselves. But she can speak to ... certain things. Or at least she believes she can. Not dead people, though.

Leki

@Joanie
She believes she can talk to cats!
And obviously she can... or is learning to.
Cause she can't be a crazy cat lady without believing she can talk to them xD
In either case it sounds like a good base to work off~

Pssst MelodyCake, we should turn this roleplay into a sausagefest before the tits and boobies come swaggling in~
.... What do you mean they're the same thing?

Ehh probably not a good idea to get me started on "LGBT" decorative tags on here xD
Personally I find it off putting that someone would feel compelled or incentivized to tack that on, cause it indicates that it otherwise wouldn't be a given, aka a hetero only roleplay. As far as I'm can tell, the only way to make an LGBT roleplay inclusive roleplay work is to avoid hetero character full stop xD
Inclusion through exclusion! Cause that's how it works, right? xD

quozax

Quote from: Leki on March 15, 2017, 03:39:24 PM
@Joanie
She believes she can talk to cats!
And obviously she can... or is learning to.
Cause she can't be a crazy cat lady without believing she can talk to them xD
In either case it sounds like a good base to work off~

Pssst MelodyCake, we should turn this roleplay into a sausagefest before the tits and boobies come swaggling in~
.... What do you mean they're the same thing?

Ehh probably not a good idea to get me started on "LGBT" decorative tags on here xD
Personally I find it off putting that someone would feel compelled or incentivized to tack that on, cause it indicates that it otherwise wouldn't be a given, aka a hetero only roleplay. As far as I'm can tell, the only way to make an LGBT roleplay inclusive roleplay work is to avoid hetero character full stop xD
Inclusion through exclusion! Cause that's how it works, right? xD

I think some individuals tag the LGBT tag so potential writers know that that those situations may happen.  Some individuals veer away from LGBT situations. 

If I make a game, I don't include the tag, but I am always LGBT friendly. 
I'm an equal opportunity pervert.

Idlewyld

@Joanie - I'm thinking of making a no-nonsense class rep type, but I don't want to step on your toes, so is that the idea behind your original idea?

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Idlewyld on March 15, 2017, 07:41:11 PM
@Joanie - I'm thinking of making a no-nonsense class rep type, but I don't want to step on your toes, so is that the idea behind your original idea?

Oh, no, crazy cat lady is no good for class rep, go for it.

TheLaughingOne

Fekballs. was gonna use a character i had started somewhere else but never got to play.. but you guys already got a delinquent type.. Fuff.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

MelodyCake

@Leki
Well, so far the bank hasn't payed me back the money the teller machine took from me xD So I am a little pissed about that... It was a lot of money >.<

@LGBTBIBQPOTATOSANDWICH
I think most of my characters are somewhere on the bi-sexual spectrum, considering I swing ether way myself xD There are just sometimes characters/players though, I will admit, that area clearly gay but say bi-sexual cause it ''sounds better''... It is sort like, but no where near as bad as, the 'Seke' term on yaoi forums...
But I do have characters as well that are strictly heterosexual or gay, and we might see an NPC or two that will be like that :P It will all depend on the cast of characters we will get here :)

But I do agree with Leki on extreme personalities  xD  It's actually nice to see a characters personalities shining pretty bright in posts, and the goddie two shoe act does get old pretty quickly.

@Idle
I actually like the idea of a no-nonsense class rep type of a character, sounds like a concept that could be fun to play with :P Even more so in a club full of eccentric personalities, who at least so far seem very much like the nonsense types xD

@Mano o' mano slashing/shipping for Joanie xD
Is something I will admit, I haven't seen much outside of MxM roleplays, but perhaps we shall see some here with the current cast of interest :P

@Character sheets so far
I'll message Leki and quozax hopefully in the next few hours about their character sheets~

@TheLaughingOne
Hey!!
Glad to see another person join in :P
Fekballs is a term I have not heard before XD I might need to steal it~
I still hope you will join even though we already have a delinquent type :P

TheLaughingOne

Heh, i had popped for the specific character.. made her for another game but it crashed quickly so never rrally got to play her.. no idea if can co.e up with something else.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Avalon29

Sorry I haven't come up with a character quite yet. Trying to figure out a good concept although Leki is right about one thing. My character is going to be bisexual at least. xD

MelodyCake

@Laughing
Well, that is a shame to hear then

@Avalon
All of dem bisexuals!

Or at least it seems the current cast seems all to be :P

Avalon29

@Melody

Nothing wrong with that. Just means more options for everybody. xD

MelodyCake

@Avalon

I agree :P
It actually just makes it easier as well to manage :P Or harder? Hmm.. xD
At least with the majority being bisexual, it will hopefully not make anyone feel left out or feel there is no one interested in their character.

Just a little bit wondering if I should get working on at least one NPC character to put up in my NPC rooster...
But at the same time, I feel like I should wait till I see more characters so I know what sort of characters would make a nice addition to the group.

Idlewyld

Name: Chiharu Nishihara
Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Hair Color: Green
Eye Color: Green

Personality:

Serious Minded: Chiharu is a definitive type-A personality. Driven to achieve at all costs, she has consistently organized and compartmentalized her life in order to focus on serious pursuits. She has little tolerance for frivolity in herself and barely more for nonsense in others. She has been Class Rep at her school since Kindergarten and intends to go on to College and then to Do Great Things in Her Political Career.

Grudgingly Caring: Chiharu feels a sense of responsibility to those in her charge (namely her classmates) and as such, she will go to great lengths to protect them, especially from themselves. She usually hides such sentiments behind a set of standard perfunctory protests, claiming that it is merely her duties as class rep rather than anything more personal.

Strengths and Skills:

Nearly Obsessive Dedication: Once Chiharu puts her mind to something, she works with everything she's got in order to achieve it. She will allow nothing, and may I repeat, NOTHING (or no one) to get in the way of her goals.

Organization: Chiharu is a firm believer that everything goes in its place and she has arranged her life around that principle. So if there is anything that is needed that she might possibly have or do, it is available to her with little more than a snap of her fingers, neatly organized into binders and folders and cloud drives for easy access.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Unnaturally Rigid: Chiharu has problems improvising. Most every course of action has to be preceded by a ten-point plan written up in a serif font, copied in triplicate, and cc'd to all concerned parties.

Demanding Set of Standards: Chiharu would be almost pleasant if she didn't demand that people meet her expectations for rational and upright behavior. She has appointed herself chief morality officer of her class, and as such feels very free to take others to task when they don't meet her almost impossibly high standards.

The ES Club is precisely the kind of time-wasting idiocy that Chiharu disapproves of. Therefore, she follows it around in order to protect its members (who just happen to be her classmates) from their own self-destructive impulses. The fact that she might actually enjoy it is patently ridiculous and you should never mention it to her EVER AGAIN.

Chiharu is deeply involved in Student Council. Even there she is often viewed as overly ambitious and pedantic. One frustrated fellow member declared that she wouldn't recognize fun if it ran her over with a freight train.

Avalon29

Well decided on a character concept. Figure this is the perfect chance to try my hand at a character type that I've wanted to write at least once. I'm going to see what I can do with a chunibyo type character. Should be fun.

Leki

Well the cast is certainly shaping up to look interesting thus far.
We have;
- A ditzy air-headed protagonist
- A cute, but overly controlling female character
- A crazy proto-cat lady who'll be trying to promote homosexuality
- A delusional nuthead that acts as if he has super powers.
- A guy that can see ghosts
- And of course, my confrontational/aggressive delinquent.

Seems like fun times are ahead xD

I don't know about the others, but I can already imagine Valsche and Ian getting on Chiharu's nerves like crazy xD
Doubt the others will be much better on her poor soul either.

MelodyCake

@Leki
I know I have said this in a PM already, but I thought I'd just make it official here :P
Your character is accepted!

@Idle
I don't think there is anything I really need to message you with regarding your character sheet. So I'm going to give it the Cake stamp of approval! Suppose there are only two things I want to nitpick at, is all in just that first section of the character sheet.
First! If you could add cm's to the height, that would be awesome!
And second, as much as I love how it actually shows her personality through with the answers, I'd personally prefer if you'd just leave the answers as simple. Just to keep all the character sheets the same :P
But I do love that comment behind her hair color though xD That got me to chuckle~

@Qsox
I have sent you a PM regarding your character, so I will put it as pending.

So!
Accepted character rooster so far!
Ian
Valsche
Chiharu

Pending characters
Mason

@Avalon & Joanie
I look forward to the characters you two will bring x3

JoanieSappho

Name: Joanna Sullivan
Height: 5'2" (156 cm)
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Brown

Personality:

(Not So) Covert Pervert: Pretty much from the moment that she discovered that such things existed, Joanna has had a very strong interest in the things that boys and girls do with each other. And girls and girls. And boys and boys. As well as a few other variations on the theme.
Her usual reaction to meeting someone new is to imagine just who they would be best with. In her opinion, at least, an opinion that tends to put boys with boys and girls with each other. She also has something of a habit of peeking, both at her fellow girls and, when she can, at the boys.

Crazy Cat Lady in Training: After insisting that her family adopt a stray kitten that she found when she was eight, Joanna has expanded her herd of feline friends to levels that, quite frankly, are disturbing. More than once she has come to school with a cat in her bag, only sometimes by accident, and goes out of her way to meet and play with cats on the way to and from school.
It probably doesn't help that she habitually carries cat treats with her, usually leading to a small feline swarm that follows her around, much to her delight.

Strengths and Skills:

Beloved by Cats: Even the roughest, scruffiest alley cat seems to love Joanna as much as she loves cats, and while her talking to them may just be one of her (many) eccentricities, they pay close attention to her voice. Theories abound about just why this is, ranging from her voice being oddly soothing to cats, to the bell that she wears on a collar for some unknown reason.

Artist: Although many might not consider this to be much of a strength, as Joanna only really draws what she feels like, which means that she has produced many, many pictures of cats. And a lot of pictures of her classmates being very naked and doing highly inappropriate things to each other. She was, briefly, part of the art club until an argument followed the club president discovered that she had drawn a highly detailed picture of his face. And certain parts of his best friend's anatomy in very close proximity to his mouth.
She wasn't formally ejected from the club, but both sides considered that didn't need saying after she very loudly insisted that he 'totally wanted that down his throat'.
That this, judging from how the two were found a couple of weeks later, was apparently quite true still probably doesn't help her case.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Distracted by the Sexy: Joanna is easily sidetracked by her imagination, and her imagination gets especially hyperactive around people that she finds attractive - and she has a rather large range of interests, so to speak. This frequent distraction is hardly a help in class and, more than once, shes found herself agreeing to something while she was too busy fantasizing to actually pay attention to what she was asked.

Crazy Cat Lady: Seriously. Cats sleep in her bed more often than she does, she's taken to wearing a cat collar, speaks to cats as if they could understand her - and talk back - and spends most of her time feeding cats, whether or not they're actually hers.

She has absolutely no idea. Apparently she said she would, though, but she was too busy thinking about which boy (or boys) would look best with Ian to actually pinpoint when he asked her, but she's pretty sure she agreed to join and Ian certainly thinks so, too. Still, if he's making himself a harem then she wants to see that, especially when the guys all get naked and start touching, which they most definitely will, if she has anything to say on the matter.

Cats. She is quite insistent that this actually counts as a social group, and not just because she's too much of a crazy cat pervert to really fit in with anyone else. Although, that too.

quozax

I know there had been some reservation with my character being shy and in the background.  First, he doesn't talk to ghosts 24 hours a day 7 days a week,  A lot of times he ignores them and may give them 'the look' or an impromptu sigh for no reason.  Plus not every place has ghosts. 

Second.  He needs the group to come out of his shell.  I think once his ghost seeing 'powers' are more accepted, he will start to become more friendly and outgoing.  I hope you just give him a chance.

My views on ghosts:
Not everyone who dies becomes a ghost.  Some ghosts are good, some are not, just like people.  Many ghosts have faulty memories after they die.
There are several levels of ghosts.
There are ghosts that are trapped in a loop.  They don't try to interact with others, and are forced to do the same routine over and over again
There are ghosts that 'need' something to move on.  Such as finding the person that murdered them, or reveling the location of a hidden will.  Then they move on once that is accomplished.
There are ghosts that wanted so badly to cling to life that they won't move on.   These are the ghosts that Mason sees the most.  But they are rare and on occasion can be talked into moving on.
There are evil spirits (perhaps demons) that disguise themselves as ghosts. 

Oh, and animals can sense ghosts better than humans.  So maybe cat lady and ghost man will become great friends.

Kokaine

Looks like you all have what you need. Gonna withdraw my interest. Enjoy :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Leki

@Kokaine
A shame to see you go  :-X

@quozax
I’m not entirely sure who else expressed reservations, so I can’t really speak on their behalf. But I suppose it’s ultimately up to you, and whether MelodyCake accepts the character. While I can understand that you feel compelled to clarify the character concept you’ve put forward, I’m afraid the explanation really didn’t do much to change anything. If anything it actually heightened my concerns xD
Quote from: quozax on March 16, 2017, 07:10:05 AMFirst, he doesn't talk to ghosts 24 hours a day 7 days a week,  A lot of times he ignores them and may give them 'the look' or an impromptu sigh for no reason.
I figured this was an obvious fact, hence it didn’t really do anything to belay my concerns. I suppose it’s a bit worrying you felt you had to point that out though xD
Quote from: quozax on March 16, 2017, 07:10:05 AM
Second.  He needs the group to come out of his shell.  I think once his ghost seeing 'powers' are more accepted, he will start to become more friendly and outgoing.
This rings significant alarm bells in my mind since it’s the first sign of a horrible conceived character, and relies on what I considered an unlikely development for improvement. I’ve been roleplaying for a pretty long time now, and I’ve never once come across a good character who required the cooperation of others to work; especially in the instance that the ‘other’ is an undesignated someone you’re blindly hoping for. If the group doesn’t help Mason come out of his shell he’ll be rendered hopeless as a character, and the likelihood that someone will actively engage him about his powers seems pretty slim. I mean “I see dead people” might sound cool, but when put into play, it’s not much different from someone who just constantly spouts nonsense.
Quote from: quozax on March 16, 2017, 07:10:05 AMI hope you just give him a chance.
Not entirely sure why this comment bothers me. It may have something to do with people always letting me down when they utter this… but I also think it might be a bit of polarizing morality play. Essentially forfeiting logical reasoning, and emphasizing you deserve a chance, and anyone who disagree’s if being unfair.
Quote from: quozax on March 16, 2017, 07:10:05 AM
My views on ghosts:[SNIP]

Oh, and animals can sense ghosts better than humans.  So maybe cat lady and ghost man will become great friends.
I think the overall issue with Mason is that they lack personality, and rely solely on their ability as a ghost-seer to stabilize their character concept. While this might work in a 1x1 scenario, group roleplays tend to be less linear and if the roleplay were to redirect towards alien sightings for a prolonged period, Mason and his ghosts would become pretty obsolete. Essentially unless Mason is the center of the roleplay and you control the flow of the roleplay, he’s a highly risky character to play.

In conclusion, I’m assuming that at the very least, the GM’s hesitance to accept Mason indicates they have similar or other concerns. And I don’t think the information you provided really does anything to alleviate them.
Character Applications are stalled rejected for three reasons;
-   1) Incompatibility with the concept or limitations of the roleplay
-   2) Inexplicit or ambiguous presentation of an idea.
-   3) Insufficient content to flesh out the character.

What you’re attempting to address is point2. Whereas I personally perceive the issue to be point3. And I don’t think there’s any damning contradictions with point1.
But in the end, it’s not my choice to make whether Mason gets accepted or not. If the GM thinks the character will work, then they’re more likely to know better than I ever will xD One thing I can say for certain though, is that Mason doesn’t appeal to me as a character in the slightest at the moment, and although I’m not averse to interacting with him, it most probably will be at the bottom of my priority list in his current rendition.

MelodyCake

@Joanie
Your character is accepted!
Joanna, the die hard yaoi fangirl xD
I think she will make a nice addition to the current cast of characters.
I can almost taste the chaos the ES Club is going to bring to the school xD

@Kokaine
Sad to see you go, perhaps we will meet again another time~

@Qsox
Since you have brought it up in the OOC, I thought I'd just answer here.

I agree with a lot of the points Leki has brought up, and perhaps giving the character a new rendition isn't such a bad idea. Ether that, or thinking of an entirely new concept is maybe not a bad idea. While we are on the topic, I will just state my own concerns regarding your character.

As I had stated in my PM, I am a bit concerned with the character in regards to the group roleplay, cause I can already see Mason falling into the background and fading out pretty early on because the more extroverted characters are going to be the centre of attention and outshine him too much. With that in mind, he wouldn't really contribute to the over all scheme of things, and would essentially end up being rendered an obsolete character in terms of the plot.

I understand characters need room to grow, but if there isn't a base to work off, the character isn't going to grow into something nice. I feel the character lacks a whole lot of depth in terms of personality, and I feel that with the current group, he isn't going to 'come out of his shell' as you worded it. The characters that we have so far all have distinct personality traits that each writer has managed to bring out in their characters with the character sheet alone. As Leki pointed out, it could work in a one on one roleplay, but it fails to paint the character in a positive light in a group roleplay if he just starts out as a blank state.

You can ether try to come up with a new concept, or we can try to work things out in PM's. Until then, I will need to decline Mason's current character sheet, at least until there has been a bit more work put into the character.

quozax

It looks like I have two choices.  i could update my character to be more of a sci fi / fantasy geek (who happens to see ghosts), and wants to prove all those things are real.  This may give him a firmer foundation and make him not obsolete in other areas.

Or I can pull my character submission.

I will decide before the end of the day.

MelodyCake

@Qsox
I will wait then for you to come up with an answer on what you will be doing :)

Updated accepted character rooster so far!
MelodyCake : Ian
Leki : Valsche
Idlewyld : Chiharu
JoanieSappho : Joanna

Hopefully we will see a character from Avalon ;)

So, currently, the estimated time for this roleplay start up will be ether Monday or Tuesday, would be nice to have one or two more people join in :) So I suppose I'll do the usual, if you know anyone who you think will be interested, give them a poke :P Spread the word of the ES club! Just don't be a Jehovah witness about it xD Be a ES Jehovah witness

Is totally good at this subliminal messaging stuff

xD

Avalon29

@Melody

Well I have all the concept stuff written down. Just need to expand each point now. So tonight or tomorrow hopefully it'll be done.

JoanieSappho

And then I found that I had gone and made a shipping chart.
A rough one, since we've not seen anyone in action, but Joanna takes such things seriously.  :P

Avalon29

I bet Joanna  immediately mentally labels every guy she  meets as a seme or uke too. xD

Leki

An ETA is always good have~
I'll try poking around, but I'm not going to promise anything in regards to recruitment xD
I completely agree that it'd be nice to have one or two more... though I'm kind of curious as to how things will go with a small secure group too.

@Joanie
Normally I'd be forced to lock you up and throw you down a mine shaft to serve the remainder of your life as a mining canary~
But you're in luck since all the approved characters seem pretty appealing at this point in time xD
Just hoping that Avalon comes through with something nice... or naughty xD
Admittedly I am a bit concerned for Chiharu's sanity... but that's Idle's problem~
.... In regards to my own sanity, Joanna, and Joanie?.... inb4 I get the two wrong at some point.

@Avalon
Looking forward to you getting everything down then :P
Valsche is a Uke through and through *nod*

MelodyCake

@Avalon
I look forward to it then :)

@Joanie
A yaoi fangirl who keeps a shipping chart at hand xD Is the bell on her collar also filled with catnip? :P

@Leki
I agree, we do have a pretty secure tight group right now, and I am sure that the current cast could to pretty well, but one or two new additions could be nice :)
I also look forward to seeing how Chiharu is going to handle the insanity of the other characters who don't seem to follow any order what so ever xD

Avalon29

And here we go. If there are any groans, cringing, facepalms, laughs, or any other similar reactions when reading his profile. I think I've done my job well. xD

Name: Blair Fairchild
Height: 5’2” (156 cm)
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Hazel but it’s hard to tell as he wears color contacts one red for his left eye and one gold for his left eye which is hidden under the eyepatch.

Personality:

Chuunibyou:  Blaire is possessed by the spirit of a dragon and was bitten by a vampire at a young age. Due to the power of his dark vampire abilities and incomparable magic of the noble dragon inside he must wear his special eyepatch which seals his power. He has traveled across dimensions to save worlds and defeat powerful foes who want to steal his powers or tried to stop him from reaching his destiny as prince of dragons. Because of course he has noble blood as well. These many adventures are all recorded in his forbidden blood tomes of dark history, currently on volume 23. This is what he believes at least. He has never grown out of his delusions even after graduating middle school.

Awkward: Blaire is rather awkward when thrown off of his usual pace or when dealing with emotional things. He doesn’t quite know what normal means any longer. This makes him rather clumsy when it comes to things like feelings or when made to confront something that doesn’t easily fit in to his delusions. He’ll stumble around for a bit before falling back on his delusions to keep the distance between him and whatever it was that surprised him.

Strengths and Skills:

Imagination: If there’s one thing Blair has it’s an active imagination. The mundane can easily be turned into the extraordinary. A hole in the ground can lead to tunnels filled with Tibetans or a hollow earth where giant monsters and lizard people can be found, a pair of cans and a string can be high tech communication devices for talking through dimensions.  It’s hard to ever be bored if one is sucked in to his delusions and he could be quite the writer too if he ever managed to leave his delusions behind.

Full Throttle: Blair goes full force all the time no matter what it is he’s doing. He always gives things one hundred and ten percent when he’s focused on something or enjoying it without caring what somebody might think about what he’s doing. It makes doing things that others might consider embarrassing easy since as long as he’s enjoying himself the opinions of others don’t matter.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Immune to Reality: Because of his delusions he has no idea how to do things like read the atmosphere and is incredibly dense when it comes to subtler interactions. He has one pace that he follows and it’s his own. Things like reading the room, knowing when to be polite, or the idea of being careful with sensitive topics are completely foreign to him.

An Eighth Grader’s Aesthetic Sense: Blaire’s tastes have never matured past middle school. Things like trench coats, magic, roller shoes, and swords are all cool to him. The flashier, sleeker, darker, or just more outrageous that something is the more likely it is to appeal to him. It’s also led him to impulse buy quite a few objects just because of the cool factor.

The reason why Blair decided to join the ES club is simple. He wants to search for and chase down cracks into different dimensions. He has to make sure to seal them before enemies from the 29th dimension break through and take over the world. Aliens, UMA, and the paranormal can all make excellent allies or a danger to the world as well if left unchecked.

The dimensional protection society: Current member count 1 although ex members still humor him sometimes. Blair needs to learn to use his powers wisely to make sure he is ready for any enemy. He has no time for social circles. There used to be a few others but they all changed when they graduated to their next schools. He’s certain they’ve been brainwashed by some evil tyrant but nothing he does seems to help.

quozax

I have decided not to pursue this role playing game.

I wish you the best of luck with it.  Please withdraw my application.

MelodyCake

@Avalon
I have no idea why, but I love the fact that he looks like he could be cosplaying Ciel from Black Butler xD
Without further ado! He has been stamped as accepted :)
I see the 5'2" height is pretty popular in this roleplay :P At least 2 if I remember correctly :P
Is totally not using it to inflate his own 5'2" ego.... xD

@Qsox
That's a shame, perhaps I'll see you around somewhere else :)

Avalon29

@Melody

I didn't notice that before but now that you mention it he does look like he can be doing that. xD

MelodyCake

@Avalon
I can already picture someone in the roleplay mistaking him for a cosplayer, and a monologue about what lies in the shadows, and how puny and dumb humans are for not seeing it (And that he is totally a lot cooler then Ciel, pfffft!)  xD

Avalon29

@Melody

That would certainly be a fun interaction. Might get more of a brothers in darkness line or something like that though. xD Ciel would strike a lot of chords with Blair. I mean he's got an eye patch, an eye with a demon's contract, a demon butler, quest for vengeance, painful past, do whatever it takes attitude, all things that he would consider cool. Still be funny though. xD

MelodyCake

Alright, since it is getting closer to the starting date, I am a bit wondering if we should discuss a few things =3

There are two ways I can start the roleplay, and one of them is just to start it when everyone is joining, and the other is just a bit of a time skip. The latter one is the one I'm currently more leaning towards.

So! With that, I am a little bit wondering if we should do two things!
So there are two things I want you guys to think about
First is how they joined ES club (did Ian personally recruit them, or did they come on their own to the club, and if so, how was the interaction)
And second, I'm a little bit wondering if we should develop a few things.
But! I think it would be easier just to do a little chart where we write about how our characters think of the others.

Like, for an example:
Ian thinks Chiharu needs to relax and live a little, and has made it his personal mission to try to get her laughing so hard that she gets stomach cramps or cries.

If it would be preferable, I can write up a little questioner if that is preferred in regarding this. But I think it should be fairly easy to sum up a sentence or two for each character, since our character cast isn't so big x3

JoanieSappho

You just want to see my shipping chart!

And I think Ian recruited Joanna. Well, at least he says he did, she has no idea because she was thinking naughty things during that conversation.  :P

MelodyCake

Of course I do!
Who doesn't want to see the shipping chart? XD
:P

But yeah, I think I will leave a a code for everyone x3
Just remove your own character name, and write a sentence or two behind each on what your character thinks of the character =3 If anyone wants, it is okey to send PM's or discuss things here as well for that :)

[b]Ian:[/b]
[b]Valsche:[/b]
[b]Chiharu:[/b]
[b]Joanna:[/b]
[b]Blair:[/b]

I will be answering my own in a bit... Currently setting up my desktop since I am actually terrified that my laptop is dying xD
And well...  Lets just say the tech thing was inspired a little with my own luck with technology xD I'm no where near as bad as Ian will be though xD But! Wish me luck! Hopefully I won't screw up too much xD At least I was lucky enough that my dad and his wife gave me their computer when they moved :P
I at least have managed to make the desktop manage to get onto the wireless internet, and it hasn't been able to for a long time now, or at least as long as my dad and his wife have had it xD
So the fact that I have managed to get this far can't be a bad sign! xD

JoanieSappho

Well, you all know exactly what is coming, so no complaining!  :P

Ian: Cute! Got the prettiness and airhead factor, plus that cute ass of his. Nice and friendly, too. Kinda crazy about aliens and stuff, but not scary-crazy or murderer-crazy, instead a kind of, well ... cute-crazy.
Definitely the bottom, though. Not crazy-subby, but he clearly needs/wants to be put in his place. And his place is bent over a desk, oh yes ...

Valsche: Total bad boy. Big, strong, aggressive, but not bad to look at, either. Not as bad a boy as he acts, though, I bet, and can be turned into a big softy cuddlebear by the right guy/girl.
Would be hot if he and Ian started doing it, though. That height difference, damn ...
Gotta draw that for sure.
Totes my fetish.

Chiharu: Rules rules rules, blah blah blah. Needs to relax, maybe Valsche could help with that, although, well ... if she doesn't own big shiny leather boots, a corset and a whip she totally should. Bet she's into that kinda thing, would explain a lot.
Also, really hot.
Total super queen dom-type, definitely.
Not actually too annoying about the rules sometimes, she cares about her students/pets.

Blair: Did someone let a middle schooler in here? A cute one, who pulls off the eyepatch look, but still. Needs to either get over that, or use it to get close with Ian. Those two would be great together, both in the dynamics and to look at.
Need to get these two naked and together and touching each other.
For art.

Joanna's Secret Shipping Notes

Valsche/Ian: Definite potential, straightforward Valsche on top/Ian on bottom. Would be great to watch, but kinda generic? (Seriously, big guy nailing small cute guy? Been done. Hot, but yeah) (8/10)

Chiharu/Ian: Same as Valsche, but with less height difference and more pegging and femdom. Not bad, for sure. Straight ships are boring, though. (7/10)

Chiharu/Valsche: Hot dominatrix breaking the big bad boy and making him her well-behaved puppy? Oh hell yeah that would work. (9/10)

Ian/Blair: No real top/bottom dynamic, these two would feed each other's crazy and play off each other. Could end badly, but two cute boys exploring their sexuality and each others' bodies is adorable. (9/10)

Chiharu/Blair: Chival-lite, really. She snap him back to reality and train him t be a cute pet, but the size difference was what was appealing about the ChiVal ship. (7/10)

Valsche/Blair: Could work. Big bad wolf eating the cute delusional boy? (Well, more like making Blair eat him). Would be great to watch, but not so much for lasting, I think. (7/10)

All shipping ratings are pulled out of Joanna's ass/imagination and may not reflect reality.

Idlewyld

Ian: The big question with Ian is What is he up to now? He has charm, charisma, and drive, and certainly means well, but he uses his gifts for the most irrational (and therefore grating) reasons imaginable. Given those strange interests of his, and that troubling lack of impulse control, it is only a matter of time before he is going to get himself or someone near him in serious trouble. So Chiharu is going to have to be the one to save him. *Sigh* Well no one said being Class Rep was going to be easy.

Valsche: Valsche sets off every alarm bell in Chiharu's system. The boy literally exists for the sole purpose of defying the rules and regulations that are the only thing that separate man from beast. It is people like him that Hobbes (the philosopher, not the cartoon tiger) was talking about when he talked about man's natural state being nasty, brutish, and short. And Chiharu intends to be his Leviathan.

Joanna: Joanna doesn't seem so hell-bent for causing trouble as the others, although those cat hairs on her blouse are a definite uniform violation and need to be addressed immediately. Of course, there were those rumors about her less than amicable parting of ways with the Art Club. And then there's that strange habit of hers of looking at everyone at that odd stare. A stare that Chiharu finds unnerving when it lands on her.

Blair: Whereas Ian and Joanna seems somewhat detached from reality, Blair has left it behind completely. Why it is that he ended up in Chiharu's school rather than a mental institution remains one of the universe's great mysteries as far as she is concerned. However, here is where Blair happens to be located, so Chiharu will do her best to provide him with some kind of anchor to the real world, even as everyone else seems dead set on throwing said anchor away.

Avalon29

Ian: He seems to understand the importance of finding holes in different dimensions and the search for otherworldly beings. That makes him a potential ally and his assistance in the battle against these invaders from different dimension would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps a reward is in order once things are done.

Valsche: A powerful warrior for sure if only he could be recruited but he appears to be the mysterious fighter type who only helps when needed. If given a sentai transformation device, he would definitely be black or some metallic color who is sometimes an enemy and sometimes an ally.  Can be a little scary but nothing to worry about. It’ll just take more effort to make him an ally.

Chiharu: She is the personification of the constraining rules of this reality but rules have no bearing on one who is possessed by a dragon. Still she is not all bad. She can be nice sometimes when she is not trying to constrain or bind him. She is an honorable adversary. Might be an ally sometimes when a greater evil appears.

Joanna: Probably Bastet in disguise. Suspect that she is using the cats as spies around the world in preparation for a cat led shadow government.  Probably also has some kind of clairvoyance that lets her draw things from faraway places. With the way she looks at people she might even have the ability to see through clothing. Need to find a way to get her to help chronicle his adventures. Other than that she seems like she would be  a good member for the dimensional protection society probably more in a support position. The kind works with information and oversight during operations.

JoanieSappho

Leki

Apologies for the delay, feeling sick~
And a few issues popping up in that thing called life >_<

Ian: Ian is an oddity that Valsche can’t really make sense of. On one hand the boy seems like the friendly type, who’s hardworking attitude, and optimistic behaviour would win him many friends… but on the other hand Ian peculiar behaviour is enough to throw even Valsche off. With that said though, Valsche can’t figure out what earns Ian the disdain of his peers. Being in the same class, last-to-be-picked Ian and lone-wolf Valsche have often been forced to pair up for group projects due to the classroom process of elimination… but even with that connection Valsche has practically made Ian to all the hardwork, and hence interaction has been limited. When the youth asked him to join the ES Club, Valsche had just been told he needed to join a club, and like their projects Valsche joined assuming his participation could be just as flaky as their group projects.

Chiharu: Chiharu is practically the personification of everything Valsche dislikes in a person. As if pointlessly dedicating herself to the menial equations and essays required by the school, and sucking up to the lowly teachers wasn’t bad enough. Her insistence that others follow in her example is not only discomforting but borderline bullying. Chiharu’s pedantically perfectionist world, and Valsche’s anarchistic freedom simply do not mix, and if beating the girls face in isn’t an option… Valsche’s come to the conclusion that she’s best avoided.

Joanna: Although Valsche has very little interest or faith in the existence of the supernatural, he’s almost certain that there’s something abnormally wrong with Joanna. A sentiment which seems to be shared by the general school populace, albeit Valsche hasn’t really taken notice of what others think and say about her. While it would be inaccurate to say that Valsche is afraid of her, he doesn’t feel quite comfortable when around Joanna… and the way in which she looks at him never fails to send a cold shiver up his spine.

Blair: Valsche isn’t entirely sure what to make of the raven haired youth with the eye patch. Unlike most students who had the sense to cringe away from him either in fear or disgust. Blair seemed to either be completely oblivious or uncaring of Valsche’s reputation as an unwelcome delinquent. Frankly put, Valsche doesn’t really know how to handle someone who isn’t pedantically harassing him, or dealing with him because they have to. The experience is however far from refreshing, and whenever the boy starts ranting about things Valsche can’t even begin to fathom, Valsche struggles to find an opening to slip away.

MelodyCake

Valsche: Ian consider Valsche to be his best friend and believes Valsche feels the same, despite the violent way the silver haired youth behaves. But, what had completely won Ian over was the fact that Valsche was the first member to join his club, and because of that he has foolishly led himself to believe that their friendship was meant to be. After all, the two always worked together in class! Ian would do most of the work, Valsche would glare at the rest of the class... It was just a beautiful friendship waiting to bloom!

Chiharu: The two seemed to have gotten off on the wrong foot early on, but Ian feels he has managed to change her perspective after getting her on board the ES club. Of course, leading him to want to prove to her that the abnormal exists, as well wanting her to laugh and live a little. She just seems too stiff for Ian, and wants to try to get her to let go of her rule book.

Joanna: Joanna is a tough one, cause even he sometimes feels himself getting a little shiver down his spine when she looks at him... Though the feeling fades as soon as he looks back into the big brown eyes, not seeming to fully see into the naughty thoughts of the girl. But, all is just as easily forgotten when she brings a cat to the club room.

Blair: When Ian learned of Blair's true mission to protect the world... Ian couldn't help but to look at the boy with stars in his eyes. To believe they have a true hero in their club now as well! Because of that, Ian has made it his personal mission to keep an eye on news and media, to inform Blair if he notices anything irregular in the neighborhood. So far, nothing seems to be too different from the usual... But one day Ian shall see Blair unleash his powers, and witness his heroic deeds.

@Leki
I hope you will feel better soon

@Joannie
I love the chart xD

@Everyone
I had a chuckle reading through it all xD I really look forward to watching things run from here =3
If everyone is fine with the current cast, I will get started on setting everything up =3

Avalon29

I'm certainly good with the current cast. It'sbeenfunto read all the thoughts the characters have on their fellow club members.

MelodyCake

Alright!
I am going to try to get things setup tonight, just going to warn that in advance I seem to have had an accident today and have lost a bit of mobility in one of my arms xD But fear not, it's just my left hand xP It just means I will be a bit slow xD But I am still going to try to keep up with the initial schedule of starting today :)
Just a little bit wondering if I should set it up in the Bondage, D/s, S&M or Non-Consensual Human
Any thoughts?

JoanieSappho

I don't think we're too likely to go full non-con with this, so the Bondage section, maybe?
I mean, unless Valsche wants to pin Ian down and do terrible things to his butt, in which case let's go with that.  :P

MelodyCake

Hahha xD
Joanie, have I told you that I like you? You make me chuckle xD
But you are right, the bondage section it is!

MelodyCake

The ooc is up and running!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264752.0

As well accepted characters can also finally be placed in here
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264750.0

The information thread is still a bit messy, but it will be cleaned up in due time~

Avalon29

Murvoen

I've already sent this to Melody for approval but I thought I'd put it here too so I can get feedback from everyone :p

Name: Adelaide Sommers
Sexuality: Bi-curious
Height: 5'3"

Personality:

Quiet: She's the one that hardly anyone heard a word from. She keeps her head down and her thoughts to herself, only speaking up once in a while to answer a question or offer insight during a class discussion. When it comes to conversations, she'll never be the one to initiate it, and unless familiar with the other person (or communicating via the internet) will be noticeably uncomfortable until it ends.

Wierdly Dark: Beneath the quiet, shy exterior is someone who loves horror in all its forms, but prefers it in books and stories as the video games and movies scare her too easily. Various creepypastas are bookmarked in her web browser, and the SCP wiki is one of her favorites to go to. She also has a love for Poe, and Stephen King, and has a full collection of Goosebumps, and has read all the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark more times than she can count. That isn't to say she doesn't enjoy other genres, this one just happens to be her favorite.

Strengths and Skills:

Avid Reader: Her love of reading has led to her being a wellspring of (useless) information. Whether it be a book, an online story, or whatever crap finds its way onto her social media feed, if it catches her interest she'll read it. It's how she knows that one of the methods of killing a vampire is to not only drive a stake into its heart, but to chop its head off and stuff the neck and mouth with garlic. And that brownies are friendly little sprites that only require a little cream to keep your home nice and tidy. And that male angler fish attach to a female and dissolve until only their reproductive organs are left dangling off the side. Most of this information she keeps to herself, but if relevant to the conversation she might share a tidbit or two.

Excellent Listener: Being quiet has its advantages. Not speaking means she's​ always listening, and because she's mastered the art of being ignored, most people just keep talking even when they're right next to where she may be sitting. However, there is a downside...

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Knows Too Much About Others: Some might actually consider this a useful thing. But to Adelaide it feels weird knowing more about her classmates than she probably should. It's not her fault that she's accidentally overheard some things, or that she knows the names of almost all her classmates even though they likely don't know hers. But all the same it feels strange to know things she probably shouldn't, and she fears accidentally mentioning she shouldn't know and being looked at as some kind of weirdo.

Scares Easily: Despite her love of all things horror, she's still a big scaredy cat. She can't play a horror game because she scares herself with the possibilities of what might be lurking just around the corner, and most horror movies are watched in broad daylight and are promptly followed by something funny and lighthearted. And while she has no fear of the dark, she will still reach into a dark room and turn the light on before entering.

She made the mistake of mentioning to her mom that some supernatural club had started up. With good intentions, her mom had told her that it would be wonderful if she joined because she needed friends to pull her from those awful stories. And if Adelaide didn't go herself, her mom would take her herself and introduce her to everyone so she couldn't say they were all strangers. Forced, and awkward, interaction was better than embarrassment and so Adelaide stayed after school to join.

She is her own social circle. Not having many friends outside the forums she frequents online, she prefers her own company and the company of the books in the library. What friends she does have are more like acquaintances and they come from various social groups that she doesn't fully fit into or spend time in.
Back after a very long hiatus!! And I hope to be back for good this time!

Leki

Good to see you here too Arreis xP
*Feels awkward greeting people after what happened in Tenma* xD
Since you asked for feedback, feedback you shall get!

I should start off by saying that I'm not too fond of Adelaide as a character.
There's a few things that throw me off, but I think the most prominent aspect is that she's the darkly mysterious silent type... which from experience has never played out all too well. I mentioned this with a previous application too, but characters who rely on interactions from others to flourish are pretty risky to play, and in Adelaide's case; while I acknowledge she has the bookworm horror-lover aspect to play with. A silent listener becomes pretty bland and insignificant when there's stronger personalities abound.

While fictionally the concept of a character who loves horror, but scares easily works... I've never seen in translate well in a roleplay. It's humorous the first time, but loses it's appeal from that point onwards. I don't think it's necessary for Adelaide to be leading the charge, but her being afraid may hinder her taking part in several activities too. (Not sure about this one since I don't know what sort of activities/events MelodyCake has planned).

I think overall, Adelaide would play and mingle a lot better if the 'balancing act' was jettisoned, and you focused more on the creepy factor, and less on the shy-intelligent aspect. I actually think it could play quite well into the roleplay to have a character who most people find creepy, when in reality the character's mom is telling her off at home, for not making friends xD Kind of imagine her to be living in the locally renowned haunted (but not really) house, that everyone steers clear from because the house and occupants send shivers down their spines~

Murvoen

Thanks ^^ That helps a lot and helps give me a better idea of what direction to take the character in. I'm going to go tweak a few things and then put the new one up when it's finished.

Murvoen

Here it is! Revised and back up for review ^^

​​
Name: Adelaide Sommers
Sexuality: Bi-curious
Height: 5'3"

Personality:

​Filterless​: ​​Although she means well, she often says more than is necessary or polite. She also doesn't realize that not everybody wants to know the gruesome details of how the bacteria of a kimono dragon's saliva kills its victim while they eat. Or that when they ask if something makes them look ugly, they don't want to be told "Yes." Even worse, she invites herself into any conversation that has a topic she knows something about and often appears silently and without warning. This trait doesn't lend itself to making many friends as honesty goes too far more often than it should, and the things she's knowledgeable about are often strange and unsettling. Still, she sees it as being friendly and thinks that her fellow classmates will appreciate her honesty and fun facts someday.

Wierdly Dark: Beneath the ​seemingly normal and friendly​ exterior is someone who loves horror in all its forms, but prefers it in books and stories as the video games and movies scare her too easily. Various creepypastas are bookmarked in her web browser, and the SCP wiki is one of her favorites to go to. She also has a love for Poe, and Stephen King, and has a full collection of Goosebumps, and has read all the Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark more times than she can count. That isn't to say she doesn't enjoy other genres, this one just happens to be her favorite.

Strengths and Skills:

Avid Reader: Her love of reading has led to her being a wellspring of (useless) information. Whether it be a book, an online story, or whatever crap finds its way onto her social media feed, if it catches her interest she'll read it. It's how she knows that one of the methods of killing a vampire is to not only drive a stake into its heart, but to chop its head off and stuff the neck and mouth with garlic. And that brownies are friendly little sprites that only require a little cream to keep your home nice and tidy. And that male angler fish attach to a female and dissolve until only their reproductive organs are left dangling off the side. Most of this information she keeps to herself, but if relevant to the conversation she might share a tidbit or two.

​Loyal​:​ If someone manages to bypass all the weird she surrounds herself with, they'll find a friend who'll stay by their side no matter what. She's a strong believer in sticking by your family and your friends even when things get hard. Unfortunately, she's been known to take this a little too far by getting herself a detention because a friend did and she didn't want them to be lonely that whole time. It has also led to her losing friends as nobody appreciates someone showing up on their doorstep with soup the moment word gets out that their sick. Still, a friend that's too loyal is better than one that isn't loyal at all.

Flaws and Weaknesses:

Knows Too Much About Others: ​This might be a strength if she could keep her mouth shut, but she can't. Picking up on interesting details she hears in the halls had lead to her knowing a little bit about everybody in her class. It has also led to uncomfortable smiles and nervous cringing when she's presented said information to them with a smile. Like the one girl she brought mascara suggestions to because she had once said to her friend that it was simply too expensive to keep buying. Or the guy she'd offered condolences to when she'd heard his dog died. Her actions have all but solidified her as that kid, and at least one rumor has been spread that she stalks certain people online.​

Reckless:​ ​If given the choice between planning and simply charging ahead, she'd be gone before you even got the chance to ask. Life is too short to be wasted planning everything out, and she much prefers to simply wing it. It's why she once needed to be rescued from an old dumbwaiter in an abandoned house, and how she's almost broken an arm or a leg more times than she can count. Without someone to make her stop and think she'll agree to almost any challenge or dare, and thus has eaten a variety of bugs for various sums of money and once came to school in the most mismatched outfit in the loudest, most garish colors and wore it proudly even as it led to mockery and laughter.

She made the mistake of mentioning to her mom that some supernatural club had started up. ​Originally she was going to pass it by because while horror stories were great and all, none of that stuff was real. It was silly to think any of it actually existed, and based solely on the flyer she assumed it would be about ghost chasing. But her mom gave her an ultimatum. Either Adelaide went and made friends, or her mom would take her and introduce her to everyone as her "Precious little Addie." It was pretty easy to make her choice after that.

She is her own social circle​ called creep, weirdo, or it. Thanks to her quirks and habits she doesn't have many people who consider her to be their friend, though if you asked her she'd happily say that everyone else is her friend. ​

MelodyCake

I noticed the PM and then saw this, and I will say the revised character sheet got me to chuckle a few times xD
The idea of her hovering close to people, waiting for the right moment to speak just seems like a funny misunderstanding waiting to happen xD

I think it could be funny to have one of the seven school mysteries to have a new 8th one, where someone swears they saw a ghost in the girls bathroom, only for it to be Adeliade trying to give the girl something she had dropped on her way to school xD

With that! The only thing I ask is if you could add CM's in brackets in height :P Then you are good to go on posting it in the information thread x3
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=264750.0

Murvoen

Awesome ^^ I'm looking forward to when this starts!

Leki

@Arreis
I like the revised character sheet alot better~
Though I do feel as if the original image was a bit nicer :P

The only thing that bothers me about the character sheet is....

For those of you who don't get it

Murvoen

>< Autocorrect strikes again. And I agree the first picture was nicer, but I feel like the new one better represents her personality and who she is. I might do some digging around though and find something better.

MelodyCake

Quote from: Leki on March 22, 2017, 06:07:03 PM
@Arreis
I like the revised character sheet alot better~
Though I do feel as if the original image was a bit nicer :P

The only thing that bothers me about the character sheet is....

I am quoting this only because I can't give your post a thumbs up xD

I love that image!!! To think someone has put a komodo dragon in a kimono xD
I can't stop laughing xD

Leki

Quote from: Arreis on March 22, 2017, 06:12:20 PM
>< Autocorrect strikes again. And I agree the first picture was nicer, but I feel like the new one better represents her personality and who she is. I might do some digging around though and find something better.
Blame autocorrect all you want...
As far as I'm concerned, I posted Adelaide's true form....
Secretly she's been cursed to forfeit her reptilian beauty and forced to look like an filthy human.

Long live the Sakkra!... No one will get that reference, but meh

MelodyCake

Leki

With the Kimono Dragon gone, wouldn't mind having an extra face or two join I think? :P

MelodyCake

Absolutely Leki :)

Lets see if we can't get at least one or two more to join x3