Beyond the Reach: A Star Wars Game (Actively Recruiting)

Started by RegretNot, October 28, 2017, 09:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegretNot

Beyond the Reach : A Star Wars Game

Premise: Smugglers Run is a place that not all know about in that exists out in the Outter Rim, it is a Bastian of Free Trade and beyond the reach of the Empire.  It is made up of a large asteroid belt that is at the end of the Correlian Run, many of these asteroids being fitted inside with life support in their caverns or hollowed out.  These settled asteroids are called Skips and controlled by different smugglers, criminal elements, or even those with enough credits to make them their home, but to choose such a life it says something about your past.  It has remained unchecked for several centuries from its difficulty to get inside and its location not being passed around to anyone.  There are rumors that on Skip 39 there is plenty of work to be found and, yet something seems very off about it.  Talk over holochess and sabbac tables wonder aloud if the empire has finally found their way inside this hidden gem of lawlessness or if there is something more sinister about. 

Concepts: Characters involved in the game should be those who have come to Smuggler’s Run to call it their home or have been there for quite some time.  I am not looking for characters that are complete newbies to the life (unless you want the struggle) and have interesting backstories to enrich them.  I will not be looking for a novella but this helps create plot lines and connections to pull on in the overall game. 

System: I don’t plan on using a system for this game unless people would like to use one of the existing badly (Star Wars D6, SW D20 3.5, SW Saga, SW FFG, etc).  I would rather focus on writing and cooperative interactions and adventure than getting bogged down in rolling dice, a standard sheet with strengths, weaknesses, personality traits, etc is much easier in my experience in this medium. 

FAQ: (will update as it’s asked and answered here)

Can I have a Force Sensitive?
Yes, classically trained jedi might be a stretch but if you can reason it, pitch the idea. 

What Section Will this be Under?
This will likely be in Bondage: Exotic

What impact does the Empire have?
The Empire hasn’t reached the Run as far as people know but there are rumors of agents and the like now being talked about. 

What era is this in?
This game takes place 3 years BBY (Before Battle of Yavin).

Can I have a Canon Character?
No, I would rather we will fill in the gaps that aren’t already filled in this plus we are in a place that’s a lot more nebulous when it comes to canon. 

This is an interest check so far, if I get a few people showing interest I will start putting together the rules, the sheet, and more setting information in detail. 

Threads:

Accepted Characters
Game Information
OOC Discussion Thread
Skip 1

Carly

http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Races&ID=48

Name: Chia
Race: Hapan

Chia is a brilliant hermaphrodite Hapan that got on the wrong side of the Queen mothers forces when she was an early teenager. Due to her gender, and the fact that males or those with male parts were deemed a subclass in her world, Chia always thought herself different and began to think good of Hapan's pirate history and soon sought to make her fortune raiding other vessles with the crafts her uncanny business knowledge aquired. This desire was discovered by the government of her home planet and resulted in her being exiled, and half of her wealth confiscated.

Still even with half of her wealth, she still had three ships, two of which were suitable to be reworked into pirate ships, the other a transport vessle.
Re-working her crafts to the suitable for pirate activities was expensive and needed a place where questions were not asked. Smugglers Run was a natural place for Chia to re-establish her fortunes and see her craft worthy of stories.

Currently Chia has reworked one of her ships, The Rua, into a pirate ship which she leases out to warlords of smugglers run. It isn't a flag ship but it is one of the more powerful vessles which garantees it being always rented by one rich enough to afford her rates. She is using the earnings from that to convert her other ship, the Aia, into something simular. Her transport ship, the Zerz, was unfortunately lost to unknown causes during a smuggling activity that went bad. None had heard from the crew and no trace of the ship was found.

Chia sometimes hires body guards when the need arises.

Skills: Business (excellent), computers (excellent), Negotiations (good), gambling(good), space ship piloting (average).
Abilities: Can speak the three most common langages fluently.
Weaknesses: No fighting skills, no skill in the force.
Strengths: Brilliant Business woman and very Wealthy. Owns two Mon Calamari Cruisers, one operational the other undergoing an overhaul. Does have a working rapport with warlords of Smugglers Run

RegretNot

Very cool idea.  The Hapes Consortium never seems to get enough love, enjoyed it big time when the EU wasn't Legends. 

Carly

RegretNot

Yes, sounds like she is building her wealth back but seems to be far from poor with a ship at her disposal and another she loans out.  I take it they are no Hapan technology is only they would likely not like that at all.  So be thinking of what kind of ship The Aia would be. 

Florence

I'm interested and, I've got a few ideas I could go with for this.

Would a human replica droid be allowed?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

RegretNot

Human replica droids are still really a new thing in this time period, that isn't to say they aren't allowed, just keep it in mind when trying to think why and how they got to Smuggler's Run but I am not disallowing something that is around at this time no matter how rare. 

Rebelle

i'm interested as well.

I'm  looking at a smooth talking scoundrel with a good knack for slicing and mechanics, not so much on piloting.

RegretNot

I plan to make a PC or two that interacts with other characters along with NPCs I write but I am not even going to think of what I would make to play until others have put up concepts and ideas so as not to take a niche someone wants to play in the game. 

Florence

Well, my other ideas are a Mandalorian bounty hunter/mercenary, or a Miraluka (by definition force sensitive).

I had a Miraluka character I loved to play once upon a time, but she was originally a sith (and then became more of a grey jedi type), and that wouldn't quite work for this setting, so I'd have to reinvent her in a way that would.

The great thing about Mandalorians (besides everything) is that they pretty much fit into any time period.

My HRD character was originally from an rp set way after this era, so it was easier to explain her existence. I'm admittedly not sure how she would be created in this era, actually.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

RegretNot

Quote from: Florence on October 29, 2017, 01:25:47 AM
Well, my other ideas are a Mandalorian bounty hunter/mercenary, or a Miraluka (by definition force sensitive).

I had a Miraluka character I loved to play once upon a time, but she was originally a sith (and then became more of a grey jedi type), and that wouldn't quite work for this setting, so I'd have to reinvent her in a way that would.

The great thing about Mandalorians (besides everything) is that they pretty much fit into any time period.

My HRD character was originally from an rp set way after this era, so it was easier to explain her existence. I'm admittedly not sure how she would be created in this era, actually.

If you can reason any of those concepts to be on Smuggler's Run you are welcome to pitch them all sound interesting in their own ways. 

Carly

is my character accepted or did you want me to flesh anything in particular out before she is.

like strengths and weaknesses or skills or the likes

RegretNot

I am going to be working on a sheet in the next day or two, trying to gauge interest before I dove into that, but there seems to be quite a bit.  I am more hoping others with ideas see what you and the others have interest in so we don't have two mandalorian bounty hunters with dead fathers... or something like that. 

Florence

I think I'll go with my Mandalorian idea. Easiest to work in and, really, who doesn't love Mandalorians?

Carly

I added Skills, Abilities ,Weaknesses and Strengths into her bio, i hope that helps.

Orange Marmalade

So much interest when a Star Wars game come up!

Count me as interested as well :)

Carly

I was thinking that both my ships could be Mon Calamari Cruisers.
One that is being currently leased out. The other being reworked - both unavailable in the short term, but hopefully she does have money to hire
a smaller ship if she needs to - for a short time. Perhaps she has enough money to hire a destroyer or something.

Florence

Being a Mandalorian, my character's skillset obviously focuses more on the 'making people dead' aspect of things.

I'm thinking she probably has a ship, because it certainly makes life easier as a merc or a bounty hunter if you can get where you need to be on your own terms.

That said, she's probably more of a soldier than a pilot, and prefers to do business on the ground rather than in the skies.

pdragon

Looks interesting. What is the verdict on multiple characters? Because I have a pair of character concepts that I think would be good for this kind of game, though I wouldn't mind having to choose just one if it came to it.

First is a brash, arrogant
smuggler
. Very much a Solo type, down to the quippy attitude and outdated sense of terran style, though considerably more of an asshole. He has a fascination with lightsabers, having grown up in one of the few remaining pro-Jedi house holds and having been told stories of them since he was a kid. As such he collects them on the black market whenever he can, and has even built a few makeshift ones of his own (though obviously of massively inferior quality to ones actually crafted by the Jedi). He likes to show off his saber collection whenever he can, and has used them to try and pass himself off as either an escaped Jedi or an Empire agent to look more intimidating to his various contacts and rivals. Of course, having no actual force abilities his track record of using them in combat is...spotty to say the least, but he's more than willing to risk a few blaster holes if it means looking badass swinging his sward around.

Second is a female
force sensitive
, a former monk of the Guardians of the Whills (the group Donnie Yen belonged to in Rogue One) who ended up in Smuggler's Run after a force vision foretold her of the occupation and destruction of the Temple of Kyber by the Empire's hands. She adheres to a radically different interpretation of the Force than the Jedi or the Sith, refereed to as "will without borders", essentially believing that the will and guidance of the Force is something beyond mortal understanding or morality, and thus trying to apply concepts such as 'light' and 'dark' or 'good' and 'evil' to it is fundamentally misguided. The Force isn't some power source that is merely called upon or tapped into, it directs and commands literally everything that happens in the universe, and as such all events that occur, regardless of how catastrophic, are the direct will of the force, and should be accepted as such, leading to a philosophy that can be very nihilistic or tranquil depending on one's interpretation. This is sometimes refereed to as 'The Way of Gray' due to being in some ways "between" the light and dark sides of the force, though it's too much of a simplification to be wholly accurate.

Within Smuggler's Row she works a variety of odd jobs, with a fairly heavy slant towards mercenary and even bounty hunting work. Due to the more "loose" ethics of her philosophy she has no qualms about doing most kinds of work, or utilizing the full range of abilities available to force users, and because of this she is pretty well sought after. While not as highly trained as a proper Jedi or Sith her command over the force is impressive enough by most standards, and she wields a blade forged from light saber resistant metal, which would allow her to feasibly fight said force users if the need should ever arise. While she is not actually blind she wears a blindfold most of the time, as she believes cutting off her sense of sight brings her closer to the Force and allows it to more directly guide her actions.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Kadigan

I have a female Chiss pilot I'd love to find a home for.

RegretNot

I like all the interest, I will be working on a character sheet to be put up tomorrow.  I don't see any concepts I would disallow from just looking at them and if you think you can handle more than one character I wouldn't have a problem with someone having two. 

Yoda

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”

Juggtacular

I'm thinking of a Mando or Kiffar(raised Mando probably because like Tokyo said they're awesome) Force User who was raised by one of the Jedi who escaped Order 66, but with no Jedi Order around, they used their skills and powers to survive and stay one step ahead of the Empire. Eventually they ended up on Smuggler's Run and decided to make a go of it there.

Florence

I had an idea that my Mandalorian might have a kid. Probably adopted, though Mandalorians generally don't make a distinction between adoption or blood relation. As far as Mandalorians are concerned, your parents are whoever raised you.

Of course, that's only if that's allowed. As far as site rules go, it's my understanding that underage characters are allowed to be present in RPs, so long as they're kept away from sexual content. (And also you can't use any pictures of kids, so no character art or faceclaims for them.)

Doomblade403xxx

Name:  Zebrin
Race: Nightbrother {Zabrak from Dathomir}

Zebrin spent the better part of his life as a laborer on his home planet of Dathomir. On Dathomir the power of the dark side is very potent and the Sith Witches wield their power with an iron fist.

At nineteen he was traded to a group of pirate raiders as slave labor aboard their ship. It was then he learned he had talents with machines and computers. When a cleaning bot went down in front of him in a corridor he just broke it down and fixed it. It took him several hours and the pirates delighted in taking bets on the Zabrak's success. Hundreds of credits were lost that day when he not only succeeded but improved the droids performance.

This earned him a crew position in engineering where he not only learned the complexities of engines and machines. He seemed to excel at jobs many found difficult or time consuming and he always finished ahead of schedule and with parts to spare. When he found an old Federation Battle droid on board the ship he spent a week repairing it in his spare time. When he was finished he had a combat companion that he called Z-Bot, and with concentration he could manipulate and control his battle droid to do things it was never designed to do. Move fast, jump farther, shoot straighter, than any droid of his type.

An old datapad was his next project. He didn't know how to fix it or why the discarded and outdated computer needed fixed, he just did it. Something about that datapad called to him, and he answered. His spare time was spent delving into the computerized secrets the ship held. Within a month there was no secrets. He sliced into doors, journals, activated dormant cams to catch his shipmates in compromising positions.

The captain saw him as dangerous. Not because of the skills he came to possess, but because it seemingly took no training in order to acquire them. He was summarily booted from the ship in Smuggler's Run. Since then his reputation has grown as a man who can fix anything, and makes a decent living doing just that.

Years of physical labor have made him a large and intimidating man, but he has never been formally trained in combat. At best he is an unprincipled brawler who's punch would hurt if it landed. He does carry a blaster in a cross draw holster but it's mostly a deterrent and decoration.

{He is force sensitive and he seems to instinctively know how to fix things, and how to operate computers. He is 'simple' when it comes to people. He is very far flung from normal interaction skills and seems both awkward and shy around people. Give him a computer or an engine and he will 'interact' for hours with it. He can fight through Z-Bot quite effectively. In game terms he would be a force adept who channels the force through his mechanical devices. He cannot do this out of hand however. He has to repair or commune with the device before he can channel through it. }

Captain Whitebread

Anybody need a Sluissi tech?

I'm thinking maybe force sensitive but rather than being able to manipulate the weak minded and jump around like a Jedi jumping bean, he connects with the vehicles he works on.  It's not necessary for him to be force sensitive but he certainly knows how to communicate with ships, vehicles and droids.  He also has a small collection of reconditioned droids that are for sale or lease, including loader droids, astromech droids and one destroyer droid that he calls his bodyguard.  It hasn't had to kill anyone which is a good thing because the weapons don't work.

Damn.  Didn't read doomblade's bio and mine sounds too close to his.  I'll need to scrap that idea and go for something else.....

Edited to fit requested format

Full Name: Shaa Raa

Species: Kel Dor

Homeworld: Dorin

Profession: Scavenger, Mechanic, Trader, Gambler, Information Broker and general Scoundrel

Description: Slender but this is hidden by robes.  Fairly typical of a Kel Dor, smaller and less robust than a human.  No hair, black eyes, not that they are visible behind protective lenses.  Most of his face is covered by a breathing mask.  Others of his species would consider him rather attractive but most humanoid races see him as hideous.  Prefers to wear simple dark robes. He's not trying to impress anyone.

Major Strengths: Bloodied but unbowed (Strong Willed)  Shaa Raa has been through hell and has emerged from the other side.  He knows he can survive anything.
Been there, done that  (Spacehound)  Shaa Rass has been trained to fill any role on a star freighter, whether it is pilot, navigator, engineer or cargo master.  He's also been dragged through the underbelly of a hundred worlds and he's learned to figure out if he can trust somebody very quickly.

Minor Strengths: I know a guy, who knows a guy...  (Well connected)  If it is available on the black market, Shaa Raa can usually tell you where to find it or who to ask
But wait, there's more! (Haggling)  Shaa Raa has learned the art of the hard bargain and prides himself on always getting a good deal

Minor Weaknesses: Hiding from Family:  Shaa Raa does not want his family knowing how far he's fallen and will not ask them for help, even in the most dire circumstances.  He'd rather suffer than admit he was incapable of handling himself.
Gambling:  Gambling got Shaa Raa into this mess.  It occasionally helps keep him there.  He's a good gambler but not as good as he thinks he is.

Major Weaknesses: Life Support:  All Kel Dor require a very specific atmosphere.  They will suffocate in an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere.
Not a Team Player:  Shaa Raa isn't the most trust worthy of people.  If he feels he'll gain more by selling a secret told in confidence or learned through eavesdropping than by keeping it, he'll sell it to the highest bidder.

Possessions
A speeder

Heavy Blaster
Stashed on his speeder
Blaster
At his right hip, outside the robes
Sporting Blaster
in a concealed shoulder holster
A vibro knife
At his left hip, outside the robes
A vibro sword
Hilt up between his shoulder blades, under his robes

two
Loader Droids

two
Astromech Droids
(R2 units in R5 frames)

Clothing and a spare respirator with filters for 6 months

Personality Personality: "A formal education did not prepare me for real life.  It taught me to pilot a ship and plot a course and calculate profit.  It did not teach me to compromise my morals in order to survive.  It did not teach me to fix things without the proper tools.  It did not teach me that, if I wanted to succeed, I needed to get up one more time than I was knocked down."

"It's only illegal if you get caught."

"Power will always belong to the powerful and their only concern is maintaining their position and increasing their power.  They do not see the rest of us as anything other than exploitable assets.    If we want anything, we need to take it for ourselves, from those that already have it.  Then we too can look down on the masses and feel superior."

Shaa Raa has been forced to endure things that he'd never imagines, so he has changed in ways he'd never thought possible.  Once carefree, he is now bordering on paranoid.  Once a risk taker, he now carefully considers the consequences of each action.  Where once he was generous, now he is self-serving.  One thing that hasn't changed is his stubborn pride.  He would rather suffer in squalor than contact his family to admit that he was unable to survive on his own away from home.  Surprisingly, despite his selfish nature, he's also quite social.  He has to be, because it's difficult to eat a discarded droid or speeder bike.  When required, Shaa Raa can call upon a great deal of charisma and has a gift for haggling.  He's been able to survive for four years by discovering who he can trust and who he cannot.  It's been a hard lesson but he's become quite good at it.

Background
Shaa Raa was the third son of a Kel Dor merchant wealthy enough to be able to afford his own ships.  Unlike his father, Shaa Raa was lazy.  Spoiled by his father's wealth, he spent his time gambling and carousing.  To teach his son a lesson, his father sent him out to learn his trade as a crewman on one of his ships.  After protesting to no avail, he left his parents and his sister behind and reluctantly shipped out on one of his father's ships.  Much to his own surprise, Shaa Raa took to space like a fish to water.  He quickly learned all aspects of the ship, from piloting to maintenance.  He showed a knack for dealing with people.  He might have followed in his father's footsteps except for a chance encounter.  After a successful trade mission, Shaa Raa fell back on old habits.  He was out carousing and, sure of victory in a game of chance, bet a year of his life against the pot.

He lost.

He spent a year serving essentially as a slave to the other gambler, a human rogue by the name of Akbar Sandford.  They traveled the galaxy and Shaa Raa learned more in that year than he had in all the years  previous.  His keen mind and nimble fingers absorbed everything Sandford taught him, whether he was helping him clean up at the gaming tables or how to use a blaster to protect his 'owner'.  When the year was over, Shaa Raa looked at Sandford and informed him that he would like to go home.

The human laughed.  "Then go," he said, knowing full well that Shaa Raa had no way of getting off the planet.

"How?" asked the Kel Dor.

"Not my problem," Sandford replied, turning to walk away.

Shaa Raa learned one other thing that day;  how it felt to kill a man who had been using him for a year, all the while pretending to be his friend.

It's been four years since that day.  Shaa Raa is too proud to ask his father for the money to book passage home.   He's been scraping by, winning enough to keep himself alive and supplied with the breathing filters he needs to live.  He's been scavenging, rebuilding droids and vehicles.  He's not sure now that he wants to go home.  He's been living in the belly of the beast so long that he's starting to enjoy it.  He still wants wealth, however... LOTS of wealth.

One thing is for certain; Shaa Raa is never going to let anyone use him against his will ever again.  It won't stop him from using others.  In fact one of his goals is to earn enough to be able to afford a set of Twi'lek twins or maybe a pair of Togruta.   He doesn't care about how they look, because even the most beautiful Twi'Lek is ugly to him.  He just wants them to match.   
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

RegretNot

Sheet template follows:

[float=right][img height=250]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/47/Blank_portrait.svg/revision/latest?cb=20080912135217[/img][/float]

[b]Full Name:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Homeworld:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Profession:[/b]

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]Major Strengths:[/b] (3 at most, these are the major talents the character has)

[b]Minor Strengths:[/b] (No limit but be reasonable)

[b]Minor Weaknesses:[/b] (Atleast 2)

[b]Major Weaknesses:[/b] (Atleast 2)

[b]Possessions[/b]

[b]Personality[/b]

[b]Background[/b]

Carly

Full Name: Chia Luaneth

Species:Hapan, Human (Hermaphrodite)

Homeworld: Hapes http://www.swcombine.com/rules/?Races&ID=48

Profession: Business woman (hires pirate ships to warlords) and Gambler

Description: Chia is a very attractive black haired beauty that prefers to be called striking over being beautiful. She is six foot flat with a hourglass figure. She is also an endowed hermaphrodite, a rare gender issue that isn't thought of well in her home world. Chia wears loud clothing, that is highlighted with neon or luminessent paints and always donns high heeled boots that go up to her knees.

Major Strengths: Brilliant Business woman, is very good at using computers (can hack) and is very Wealthy (owns two cruisers).

Minor Strengths: Negotiations, gambling, space ship piloting.

Minor Weaknesses: Is attracted to beautiful women and often seeks to bed them just like a typical man would. Is unfit and also has expensive tastes, especially for food. Many women see her as just like any hot blooded male, to cope with this Chia has become a drug addict. The drug she is addicted to is Nyriaan spice. She has a large stockpile as she is wary that supply could be disrupted.

Major Weaknesses: No skill at fighting hand to hand or armed combat and is useless at aiming weapons, has no skills in the force. Is totally dependant on body guards or droids for self protection. Is a well known pirate and contacts with warlords in the smugglers run isnt viewed well by all.

Possessions

A Baudo-class Star Yacht, the Aia.
A Defender-class light corvette, the Rua.
THe Rua is currently hired out to a warlord and is an operational pirate ship, the Aia is being overhauled to be converted into one.
A state of the art hand-held computer that can slice (hack) and control droids.
Specialised slicing tools.
Three small spy drones.
A luxurious unit in one of the asteriods reserved for the very wealthy
A battle droid bodyguard.
A stockpile of her drug of choice, Nyriaan spice. Nyriaan spice was created by processing the mire nettle, a type of weed that grew on the planet Nyriaan. It was a powerful narcotic stimulant and provided users with a euphoric experience.
A large bank account.

Personality

Chia is direct and intellegent even at the worst of times. She prides herself on being special and rejects a lot of what her homeworld values. She is a pirate from the tips of her fingers to her toes. She often seeks to further her fortunes or find pleasure bedding women. Both have got her into trouble in the past where she had to loose a lot of money to get out of the situation she is in. She makes money quickly but alot of it goes into being obsessed with luxury items.

Background

Chia is a brilliant hermaphrodite Hapan that got on the wrong side of the Queen mothers forces when she was an early teenager. Due to her gender, and the fact that males or those with male parts were deemed a subclass in her world, Chia always thought herself different and began to think good of Hapan's pirate history and soon sought to make her fortune raiding other vessles with the crafts her uncanny business knowledge aquired. This desire was discovered by the government of her home planet and resulted in her being exiled, and half of her wealth confiscated.

Still even with half of her wealth, she still had three ships, two of which were suitable to be reworked into pirate ships, the other a transport vessle.
Re-working her crafts to the suitable for pirate activities was expensive and needed a place where questions were not asked. Smugglers Run was a natural place for Chia to re-establish her fortunes and see her craft worthy of stories.

Currently Chia has reworked one of her ships, The Rua, into a pirate ship which she leases out to warlords of smugglers run. It isn't a flag ship but it is one of the more powerful vessles which garantees it being always rented by one rich enough to afford her rates. She is using the earnings from that to convert her other ship, the Aia, into something simular. Her transport ship, the Zerz, was unfortunately lost to unknown causes during a smuggling activity that went bad. None had heard from the crew and no trace of the ship was found.

Chia sometimes hires body guards or combat droids when the need arises.

Yoda

RegretNot

Captain Whitebread

Character edited to fit requested format

Yoda

Full Name: Yig, she is normally referred to as Y by her masters.

Species: Wookie

Homeworld: Kashyyk

Profession: Slave

Description:
Yig is a seven foot seven Wookie that is built like a wall, weighing over 250 pounds. Being a Wookie, Yig is used to people disregarding and not caring about her appearance, so for the most part she only worries about functionality and what her master tells her to wear.

Major Strengths:
Brute strength, like most wookies Yig is as strong as a bull and her tough upbringing has only made her stronger.
Mechanical training, working on a shipping vessel has taught Yig everything she needs to know about space vessels and their inner workings.
Pilot, Yig can fly a lot of different ships, though the bigger the better.

Minor Strengths:
Loyalty, though Yig is slow to trust people she is extremely loyal to those she does.
Kind hearted, deep down under all her fur and bad experiences lies a caring heart.

Minor Weaknesses:
Haunting past, Yig has never had an easy life and sometimes the things she has been through catch up to her.
Alone, though Yig yarns to belong she keeps finding herself alone and surrounded by people that only want to hurt her.

Major Weaknesses:
Communication, though Yig understands basic like most Wookies she cannot speak it.
Resources, for the most part Yig only has the clothes on her back.
Slave, Yig currently belongs to pirates. Being a slave has also made Yig more submissive and fearful of people that hold power over her.

Possessions:
Yig only has the clothes on her back. Also, unknown to Yig her last masters left her everything they had in their will, meaning Yig also has a rather large sum of credits that the couple had been stockpiling for retirement  and their cargo ship, though the ship is currently under pirate control.

Personality:
Quiet but attentive, though Yig may be slow to talk her ears are always open listening and learning from what is going on around her. Over the years Yig has built quite a few walls around herself as such she can be rather hesitant to trust others and usually tends to keep her feelings bottled up, no matter how badly they might hurt or haunt her. Behind all the walls Yig has built, is a kind and caring wookie that will listen and be there for those she cares about.

Background:
Forced into the slave trade at a very young age Yig has travelled to quite a few worlds serving various masters and doing various jobs. Most of Yig’s earlier years were spent in confusion and fear, as like most wookies Yig had no idea how to understand or speak basic and as a result would earn her master’s wrath when she did not do as they instructed.

Though Yig did endure great physical and mental harm from most of her master’s, Yig did eventual have one good master that actually seemed to care about the wookie’s wellbeing. Unlike all her other master’s instead of getting mad and punishing the wookie for not understanding basic this master, an older man and his wife, took the time to teach the young female how to understand basic. Beside teaching her basic the older couple taught Yig a great deal about ships and their inner workings, as the couple owned a shipping vessel that almost always needed some form of repair work.

Yig became very close with her master and his wife, as they did to her, coming to treat her more like the daughter they never had instead of the scared “useless” slave they had bought on Tatooine. Eventually the couple freed Yig and told her she could return to her home world, they even offered to take her back to Kashyyk, but Yig didn’t want to leave the older couple, as unlike everyone else she had ever meet they actually cared about her and took the time to teach her, they were the only family she knew. Instead of working as their slave the couple hired Yig and made sure the young wookie had some money to line her pockets with.

Unfortunately for Yig her life was never meant to be easy and eventually her happy life working for the older couple came to an abrupt and bloody end. On one of their return trips from the outer rim their ship came under attack from pirates. The old man tried to negotiate with the pirates, offering to give them everything he had just to let the three of them go, but the pirates only double crossed him. Unlike Yig the older couple wasn’t worth anything, so pirate’s captain killed them booth. Succumbing to her rage Yig managed to take out five or so pirates with nothing more than her bare hands before they could subdue her. Though the captain wanted nothing more than to put a laser through Yig’s skull he kept the wookie alive as he knew a female wookie that understood basic was worth a nice sum of credits from the right buyer, and so Yig has found herself back in chains heading to Skip 39, but unlike the last time she wore the chains of slavery this time Yig is not a scared little girl.

Full picture that I got Yig from.

Captain Whitebread

Looks like a genderswap Han and Chewie.

So wanna be a bodyguard for a sleazvy Kel Dor?

Yoda

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on October 31, 2017, 09:45:10 PM
Looks like a genderswap Han and Chewie.

So wanna be a bodyguard for a sleazvy Kel Dor?

Don't think she would have much choose, that is if he can afford to buy her.

RegretNot

Should be doing approvals, making the accepted character page, the OOC, and compiling more information on Smuggler's Run later today. 

Juggtacular

Full Name: Tyron Bronwell Ordo

Species: Kiffar[Mandalorian of Clan Ordo]

Homeworld: Kiffu

Profession: Bounty Hunter/Fixer/Smuggler(Pretty much whatever pays and fits inside his skill set)

Description: Tyron is a prime specimen, standing at 6'6 and weighing in at around 240lbs of almost pure muscle. This is due to a life lived on the run from the Imperials, and simply surviving. Although his skin is dark, as he grew up almost entirely on a starship, and he primarily wears a suit of vaccuum sealed armor with a helmet, he has a pale tone to him. He is Kiffar, a Near-Human race, but not completely. So his eyes are a brilliant golden hue instead of what most humans consider a normal eye color. A blood red tattoo of Clan Bronwell covers his nose and the bottom right part of his cheek. He has several Mando tattoos and brands as well. When not wearing his armor(which is almost never), Tyron likes to dress comfortably. This means he's usually seen in utility clothes, dusters, vests, etc... Anything that screams "that guy is a badass bounty hunter". And it works. Far more often though, he's got on his Mandalorian Armor. Specially crafted to his specifications and a very noticeable white, a far cry from the muted and dark colors of most on Smuggler's Run. On his helmet he's carved the skull of a creature he killed a few years back. Toughest fight of his life and no one still knows what the monster is.

Major Strengths:
The Force - Tyron has been learning and training in the Force since he was a child when he was given to the Jedi Order by his family. He received training from many of the Jedi greats like Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Cin Drallig.

Jedi Training - A Jedi is a warrior, a peacekeeper, a scholar, a general. Tyron was trained in all of these facets of the Jedi Order and many more. He also endured brutal, grueling training that pushed him beyond his limits; resulting in a very strong, very tough, very capable body as well as a keen mind. On top of learning multiple lightsaber forms, he was taught hand to hand combat by his Master. Tyron was taught about history, math, sciences, and even how to pilot a ship. He's much tougher than he looks, which is saying something because he looks damn tough as it is. He can and does use a lightsaber from time to time, but as it draws lots of attention he tends to stick to blasters and vibro-blades.

Psychometry - Tyron's people the Kiffar have a unique genetic ability that manifests strongly in Force Users. "Psychometry", the power to see memories and past events of an item or a person through physical contact. It manifests like a video, allowing Tyron to view memories and past happenings like a person scrolling through a video with a remote. It has helped him tremendously in his life. As the old saying goes, "If you know where someone's been, you know where they're going."

Minor Strengths:
Engineering - He has learned everything about systems he could, so he can fix his own ship, his own gear, hack a computer, etc.. He never has to worry about anyone trying to screw him over with stuff he himself fixed.

Persuasive - Whether it's through charm, logic, or intimidation, Tyron has a way of talking to people. Although somewhere in there he usually points out that being alive is much better than being dead.

Beskar Stomach - While his stomach isn't actually Beskar, growing up on a ship and not always having real food to eat forced Tyron to get used to eating and drinking nearly anything. At this point in his life he's drunk several Wookiees, a few Gamorreans and even more under the table.

Minor Weaknesses:

Women - Once or twice(okay way more than that) he has ignored intuition and gut instinct because a woman was involved. Usually when he does that things go bad for him. Can you blame him when he was taught his whole life that physical and emotional attachments are bad, then he gets exposed to nothing but?

Kindness - Despite doing what he does, living where he lives, and knowing how life works around here, Tyron still has a nice streak a mile long running through him. He was going to be a Jedi after all. He's let bounties go when he's realized that there's more going on than he was told. He's gone out of his way to help people. He's even gotten shot and shot at and spaced and even more trusting people he knew he shouldn't have because he wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. He can't fully understand why, but seems you can take the Jedi out of the Temple, but not the Temple out of the Jedi.

Major Weaknesses:

The Force - While the Force makes his life far easier. It also makes it far harder if he uses it for obvious and overt purposes. Even on Smuggler's Run, if someone sees you using your brain to lift a speeder, the Empire would probably get a call just to collect on the Jedi Bounty Palpatine has offered. Also extended use of his powers leaves him tired, drained, and far from effective in a fight.

Imperials - He has been chased by Imperial forces ever since Order 66 was executed, and while he now knows how to avoid them for the most part, he still has difficulties from time to time. He has to be careful about where he goes, or who he shows his face to, as they could come for him at any time. And while he's confident in a fight, he's one man against an Empire if he's found and that's not a war he wants.

Psychometry - When he views the past, it is an all-encompassing experience. There isn't a little screen near the top of his eye where he can read the past through picture-in-picture. He essentially goes to the past, to live and breathe it. All of his senses are absorbed into the memory. What makes this such a glaring weakness is that this is the one time he was 100%, truly vulnerable. A Star Destroyer could park 10 feet above him while he's in a vision and he would have no idea until he snaps out of it.

Possessions:

The Basilisk - Tyron's home for as long as he can remember has been "The Basilisk", a D5-Mantis Patrol Craft from the Old Republic that his adopted father stole from a relics museum on a backwater planet in the Outer Rim. It served as a mobile base of operations, blockade runner, smuggling ship, attack vessel...anything needed from the old craft, she performed above and beyond. It was gifted to him by his father a few years ago when the old rogue decided to let his son take command of things for a while...after buying himself a brand new ship. 

Lightsaber - Jedi tradition dictates when a Youngling gains the rank of Padawan, he creates his own lightsaber to help light the beginning of his path to becoming a Jedi.

Armory - Over the years, due to keeping a low profile and needing the "tools of the trade" so to speak, Tyron has amassed an impressive collection of tools and weapons. From Hold-Out Blasters to Ion Cannons, slicing tools, and even a few Slugthrowers. He seems to have a small arsenal for any situation.

Mandalorian Armor - Any Mando worth his clan markings has a set of armor. Whether passed down from generation to generation or forged by your own hand. A Mandalorian is his armor.

Safehouses - Although his true home is the Basilisk, Tyron has several apartments strewn throughout Smuggler's Run and other locations in case he needs to hide out. Or for when he doesn't want to sleep at the docks.

Personality: Tyron is some sort of mix between a realist, and an optimist. He understands things are how they are, and in certain situations, it's just going to be bad. However, he tries to stay hopeful that the best of things will come as long as he puts forth the effort. It's honestly an exhausting mindset, but the alternative is to give into the depression that is living on Smuggler's Run. He's had a few friends off themselves and he doesn't want to end up that way.

As previously mentioned, life on the Run hasn't completely hardened his heart. He still helps when he can and tries to do the right thing as long as it doesn't hurt him. And even then he goes that far at times. Despite it feeling like it isn't there most of the time, he tries to listen to the Force and follow where it guides him. The times he's done so, truly done so. The results have been quite satisfying. On the flip side of the coin, he also lives on the Run. He can't afford to be kind 100% of the time, or he will be killed. So he has just as much capacity for brutality and ruthlessness, although it does leave a sour taste in his mouth when he's forced to go that far.

Background: Tyron was born on Kiffu, the homeworld of the Kiffar people to Clan Bronwell. For the first few years of his life, Tyron seemed like a normal little boy. Then one day he touched his dad's blaster. His eyes began to glow and he saw the weapon's past. Saw the deaths it brought. The memories were so vivid and real he couldn't handle it and started crying as loud as he could. To go with that, a telekinetic pulse sent everything in the room, including his father flying into the wall. In a few moments Jellen discovered his son was a Force User. They wasted no time throwing a going away celebration for young Tyron before they sent him off to Coruscant to train at the Jedi Temple. It was a sad farewell, but he needed to learn to control his powers.

Due to him being the first Force Sensitive in Clan Bronwell, Tyron joined the Jedi Order a little later than most, but that didn't hamper him significantly. He just had to get used to a different way of life. From the day he arrived, he learned, and trained, and thought, and meditated. It wasn't the life of a child, it was the life of a Jedi-in-training. He got used to it though and constantly strived to be the best he could. He was eight when Senator Palpatine revealed himself as Darth Sidious, turned Anakin Skywalker to the dark side, and initiated Order 66, purging the Jedi from the galaxy in one fell swoop. He was in the hangar bay learning about Hyperdrive repair with Jedi Master Krell Ordo when it happened.

The Master had taken a break from the front lines after fighting nonstop for almost the entirety of the Clone Wars.  The Clone Troopers in the hangar suddenly drew their blasters and started firing. Jedi, civilian workers, Younglings. They were killing everyone. Two ran up the hangar of Ordo's ship the Basilisk and due to him being nearly shoulder deep in the hyperdrive, he couldn't react in time to do anything. Ty could though. He pulled Krell's lightsaber to him and jumped, deflecting a blaster bolt into one clone, while swinging once and cleaving the other's head from his shoulders.

It was the first time he'd killed anyone...he was eight. Krell somehow kept his calm when he told Tyron he needed to get anyone he could onto his ship, because Coruscant was no longer safe for Jedi. The few remaining Jedi in the hangar boarded the ships they had, knowing that to go even one level up would be suicide. That day, Tyron left behind his second home. Thankfully Krell was a member of Clan Ordo, a legendary pack of Mandalorians spanning back to Revan's age. He still had friends and family strewn throughout the galaxy. After deciding that splitting up was the best option as more of them meant a bigger target, Tyron ended up staying with Master Ordo, who decided that the Order may be separated, and the temple fallen.

But the Jedi would not die. He decided Tyron would become his Padawan. Over the next few years they bounced around the galaxy, staying at safehouses and backwater bases that belonged to Clan Ordo, or someone loyal to the Jedi, or someone who just owed Krell a favor. It was no life, but they were alive at least. Krell's skill as a Jedi and Mandalorian Commando came in quite handy keeping them with more than enough credits. A Jedi Master turned bounty hunter could be quite a lucrative career change.

The entire time, Krell continued to train Tyron, and while he felt he was too young to put into action unnecessarily, he did let him help with piloting the ship, gunning, slicing computers, etc... so he could gain experience without the danger. When he turned fourteen, Krell decided to let him go on a job with him. It went off without a hitch, and Tyron showed he could stay calm under pressure. Krell was proud, and made a tremendous decision that day to adopt Tyron into Clan Ordo; to make him a Mandalorian.

It was proof of the bond they'd come to share, like father and son pushed together when they had nothing and no one else. Soon he found himself going on more and more missions until nearly every job was a two-man job. He even started getting paid. The entire time, Tyron wanted to do something more. Strike back at the Empire. Find other Jedi. Anything. Krell told him the harsh reality though. The Jedi as a whole were gone. The order that had been 10,000 strong was reduced to maybe 100. A paltry %1 of them had survived. And those survivors were dotted across all of known space and maybe beyond. And of those survivors...some may have been killed since then.

The list of why his dreams were just that, was quite extensive, but the Mandalorian had never been once to hide the truth behind pretty words. The truth was a bitter pill to swallow, but it was the truth. Tyron held out hope something could and would change, but decided his best course of action was to live his life with Krell by his side. He's lived a life of adventure, intrigue, and even political struggle with the variety of jobs he's had over the years.

He's Twenty-Seven now, been living primarily on Smuggler's Run for a few years. But he hasn't been idle. He's been working, building, making a name for himself. Now you can't go anywhere on the Outer Rim without hearing about Tyron the Terror. Or The Mando. Or White Skull(due to his helmet). He is very well known and well respected. People know when they come to him, they get their money's worth as long as they disclose 100% what it is they want.

Kadigan

Full Name: Dae Meirka

Species: Nagai

Homeworld: Nagi

Profession: Telepath for Hire

Description: Nagai are generally tall and thin, near human, with pale skin with generally black hair and grey eyes. Dae fits this description very closely, standing another foot over the average humanoid, and looking like she’s quite frail. However, in terms of her species she’s quite fit and agile, a fact she chooses to hide from most. She has several tattoos and piercings (though some of them are faked) as part of her “profession”

Major Strengths: First class telepathic abilities. She has the ability to read, transfer, and obscure thoughts and emotions. She is also fit and agile, rating to an Olympic level athlete with her ability. She can temporarily absorb abilities as well, though this only lasts for a few minutes (sometimes seconds)

Minor Strengths: She’s quite good with numbers and figures, and told she makes an excellent bantha steak.

Minor Weaknesses: She is a horrible shot, and if shooting is needed tends to rely on a clone wars era ACP due to its range of effect, and even so she’s not very good with it. She is also not a well trained pilot, and living in space that’s not a good thing. She’s also not trained by anyone else with her abilities, meaning everything she knows is self taught.

Major Weaknesses: A sufficient distraction can break her concentration, which is needed to perform her arts. Nothing she does is permanent and will only last for a few hours at best (A day at most if she puts a LOT of effort into it, but this can require rest afterwards.)

Possessions She maintains a small apartment/workspace in smugglers run, though like any good criminal she keeps a go bag, filled with credits and false ID’s. At any given time in her pack she carries her cut down ACP, as well as a crystal that allows her to store several emotions at any given time.

Personality When performing her craft, she tries to keep up the general act that someone would expect. A bit wry perhaps, but serious, lofty, mysterious. However to anyone that actually knows her she can be quite silly and more then a bit rebellious to authority, though sometimes withdrawn, as she spends quite a bit of time in other peoples minds.

Background Dae was born into a life of piety and worship, her parents were devout worshippers of a sect that shunned almost all contact with the outside world. They felt that it had become a world of corruption and menace, and rarely spoke of it.  Even more so when they discovered her level of talents. The Nagai were generally good at influencing, with melodic tones and whispers, but a full telepath was even more rare, sometimes spoken of in only the vaguest terms. Her parents had great plans for her, which meant of course she hated everything about it. The entirety of her world was a few acres on their home planet. There were other children, sure, but everything was so..solemn…so clean and neat. Of course, that only made her more and more curious about what was out there. The few travelers and merchants that stopped by often would tell the curious child about the world for a snuck out coin or an artifact that she figured would go unnoticed. Eventually she herself snuck out, unable to continue living in the stifling nature of the monastery.

As she grew, she learned about the nature of the world, and galaxy, soon finding her way off planet. At first she used her abilities to simply take what she needed, but that tended to have a snowball effect. One person notices someone’s odd, then the next, so on and so forth. Then the Empire started noticing her too, which was not something she was particularly interested in. She never quite got on top of anyone’s most wanted list, but she came awfully close to a run in with an inquisitor, which led her fleeing to a more..interesting place.

At Smugglers Run, she found a more…well noble is probably the wrong word, but easier way for her talents to be put use. There were lots of people in need of credits, and even more who had credits who hated their life. For some money, she could make you experience whatever you desired. She could take your sadness if you wanted, and give you happiness. Want to remember that first date you had 20 years ago? Sure. Forgot where you stashed 50,000 credits from the heist? No problem. But like everything it won’t ever last. . If you want more, you have to keep paying.  She won’t make anyone fall in love with anyone, but she’ll certainly tell you who their cheating on you with, if you bring them in. She came across an empty crystal in some of her various visits, which allowed her to purchase and store emotions and memories, taking some of the heavy lifting off of her brain.

So there's my character idea, I hope it's ok. The character species is a character I found on Wookiepedia, which does make mention of Nagai telepaths but doesn't go into much on their full range of abilities. The crystal came out of a Dr. Aphra comic, which had her carting around an insane tech controlling Jedi in one, so I figured another could prooobably store some emotions and feelings. I hope it's nice, and everyone elses' look really neat too.

Florence

Just posting so no one forgets about me! I'll try to have my sheet up soon.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Yoda on November 01, 2017, 12:09:31 PM

Don't think she would have much choose, that is if he can afford to buy her.

What does a Wookie slave go for?

He'd trade two loader droids for her.

He'd probably also give her a trim so she wasn't quite as shaggy.

Carly

do people beleive my character is more believable if she didnt have a weakness for women, but instead had a drug addiction.

What do people think, I could role play with either but i think it may make sense being a pirate in a pirates den that she is an addict more than a womaniser.

Captain Whitebread

Addiction is certainly a more powerful force than lust.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 01, 2017, 04:20:23 PM

A good Wookiee(as racist as that sounds to say) is worth a whole lot more than 2 loader droids. Several B-2 Battle Droids or something is more likely as they're one of the toughest, strongest, most naturally skilled and intimidating species in the galaxy.

And I'm not sure how much slavery has tamed her, but most wookiees would give you a counter-offer of ripping your arms off for suggesting or trying to shave them. :)

Quote from: Carly on November 01, 2017, 08:43:24 PM
do people beleive my character is more believable if she didnt have a weakness for women, but instead had a drug addiction.

What do people think, I could role play with either but i think it may make sense being a pirate in a pirates den that she is an addict more than a womaniser.

Maybe both? Due to her male parts, she's already treated badly. And all the women think she'll just think with her cock like any man. Maybe due to her mistreatment because of her extra bits, she turned to drinking and spice as a coping mechanism?

RegretNot

I have the information page up here.  Still adding stuff but it's a jumping off point. 

Carly

Juggtacular thats a  good idea.

i will update her to be a drug addict also.

Carly

RegretNot, good you found a map for everyone, it helps.

Can there be skips for the wealthy to reside too ? BTW Regretnot nice work keeping it together, and everyone else, awesome characters !

Yoda

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 01, 2017, 04:20:23 PM

I'd say they are pretty expensive and as Jaggtacular said I don't think cutting her hair would be the best idea, though she couldn't really argue if he used a high enough voltage and some chains.

Rebelle

Full Name: Kea Elysar

Species: Corellian/Human

Homeworld: Unknown

Profession: Information Broker/Secrets Dealer/Negotiator

Description: Standing 5’6 with long black hair and dark eyes, the Corellian is outfitted in comfortable yet armored clothing that allows for movement.  An athletic form that is feminine, Kea is known to wear her long hair up, her thigh holsters within reach, and a ready smile that isn’t always a good thing.

Major Strengths: Force Sensitive – untrained – she thinks it’s her gut and her instincts that guide her.  She can read people rather easily because of it, and the stars watch over you if you try to lie to her.   It’s also helped her in a blaster fight or three.  It’s not like she knows that she’s dipping into the mystical Force, she just has always been told to follow her instincts, and it hasn’t steered her wrong yet.  Because of this, she also can persuade people, it isn’t really impressing her thoughts or will upon others, but there is something very charismatic about her.

Information Gathering – Kea has confidantes and allies, and there is always information to be had, and can be dealt with.  She has a bevy of those who work with her (she wouldn’t say works for.. after all that leaves a trail), and she spots things that sometimes are overlooked.    This also helps with her ability to know someone who knows someone, for a commission.

Demolitions – It might seem strange, but the Corellian is somewhat known for her ability to know exactly where to put the det chord.  It’s not something that she broadcasts or advertises, but it’s a talent she’s had for a very long time.

Minor Strengths: Charisma – It’s been said once, and it should be said again.  There’s a swagger to the girl, and it’s one that can make people respond very positively, and in fact it has helped instill respect to even the crustiest of space pirates.  The Hutts have come to find out that she’s not like the other bi-peds. 

Pilot – She’s not a bad pilot, there’s better out there, but in a bind she knows how to astronavigate and pilot.

First Aid – Her father taught her how to treat most basic wounds, as well as punctures and blaster burns. 

Dual wielding blasters – she’s a good shot.

Sense of Honor – Everyone has a price on Smuggler’s Run, but her price has never been found that’s for certain.  She has a code of ethics and somehow it never seems to get in the way of business.  There are those who find themselves not being on the up and up… that find a staggering price for whatever it is they seek.  If they come up with the creds… they’ll wind up walking away with empty pockets… and no goods – finding themselves quickly bereft of them…somehow

Lingual - Can speak several languages, and if she can't she does have a translator but is loathe to use it.

Minor Weaknesses: Quick to Anger – She gets angry really quickly sometimes, it’s not that she has a short fuse… in the normal sense.  It takes a long time for that fuse to light.. and then.. it’s a powder keg.  It’s gotten her in trouble a time or five.

Inquisitive – Kea is a rather curious sort of person, which is how she got into the information brokering line to begin with.  One of these days someone is going to find out she learned something she shouldn’t… And then the poodoo will hit the fan.

Force Sensitive – Just because she doesn’t know what she is, doesn’t mean that others won’t figure it out.

Major Weaknesses: Reckless – Kea is reckless when it comes to her own well-being.  She’ll stand up to the ugliest of ugly, the meanest of mean if she believes she has to or should.  She also takes undue risk when she shouldn’t.  It’s not that she thinks she’s invincible, just that nothing ventured is nothing gained. 

Sense of Honor – Just as it’s a strength, it is also a weakness.  There are those who view what she does as being higher and mightier than her place… Those that have been double crossed by her and are just biding their time.

Possessions 2 Blasters with multiple settings [Stun, Burn, Ion].  Grenades, det chord, armored clothing, pirates chest, datapad, cred stick, comms devices, stun baton, binders (3 pairs), stack of blank identi-cards, translator.  corchemco "quickflash" burning gel + 3 tubes

Personality Kea is a contradiction – she is an information broker, a scoundrel of the highest order, but she gives a damn.  For whatever reason her life in Smuggler’s Run hasn’t enveloped her in the darkness like it has some.  It hasn’t turned her mean when it perhaps should have.  She has a code of honor and has been known to take new arrivals under her wing when needs be, offered a word of advice to those who need it, and looked out for those who were pressing their luck too much.  She despises slavery, but knows that it’s the way of life for a lot of them, so she steers clear of the slavers.  She’s not stupid after all.  There is something about it though, about her, there are times when she feels like there is something more out there. 

Background  Kea knows her father isn’t her true biological father, but it never mattered to her.  She loved Arduro Elysar all the same as if he were her flesh and blood.  However, there is more to her father…. To her origins than even she knows.

Arduro Elysar was a pilot for the Republic, he was there the fateful day when Order 66 was broadcast, and he watched as Kirata Urope was gunned down by the clones that she had considered allies and comrades, just as he had done.  He was there when he heard the cries from the cabin that Kirata had made her own, that of the small youngling known as Kea… Who no doubt had felt her mother’s death through the Force.  He was there… but by all Empire reports, he had been killed in action along with the Jedi, and no record of her offspring was ever made mention.  That was because Arduro was gone quicker than the blink of an eye, the records sliced, and his MIA turning into a KIA. 

He switched ships, taking down a nearly broken vessel and made his way towards the farthest corners of space, to Smuggler’s Run.  He had family there, they would help him raise a small child that he was not the father of but loved… Not the way he loved her mother – but loved her the way a father would love his children, she was his child now.  He never told her of her past, just that her mother had died from sickness while they were travelling, and there was nothing to be had if they left Smuggler’s Run – the war was impossible, and the Empire would only want to put them under it’s thumb.  That they could do more good on the skips than anywhere else.  Kea never questioned her father, perhaps she knew that he wasn’t telling the whole truth – but he must have done so for good reason.

By the time she was old enough to handle a blaster she was taught to defend herself.  After that she was like a wild bantha, roaring through the skips, gaining notoriety, friends, and fame.. or infamy depending on how one looked at it.   She was a bright spot of light in the darkest reaches of space where scum and villainy bred like mynocks, and she thrived and continues to do so even now.  Even with the whispers that the Empire was getting closer to their haven, their corner of space.  Nothing has come back to her yet, but she knows it’s only a matter of time.  And when that time comes.. She’s aware that there will be those who fall under the weight of the Empire, those who will try make a deal with it… And then those…. Who will rise up against them….

She knows where she and her father will stand…

But what about the others? 

Only time will tell.

Melissa O'Neil is the Faceclaim

Juggtacular

Rebelle's story made me realize how derped I derped. Tyron was 8 or so when Palpatine won Star Wars. So I need to change his backstory to reflect that.  XD

RegretNot

Everyone who posted a full character sheet should either have an approval message or a question in your pm box.  I have liked all the concepts posted thus far, keep them coming. 

Florence

My sheet is nearing completion, though I should admit, I have not seen ANY of the Rebels stuff relating to the Mandalorians (I wish they'd put the damn show on Netflix, that's how I watched Clone Wars). I've skimmed the Star Wars wiki and I don't see anything contradicting what I've written, but I'm primarily drawing from my experience with Legends lore.

Edit: As I've written my character's story, things actually work out a little better if her daughter is a teenager. So I'm going to say she's 16. That kind of makes rp in general easier, site rules wise, since she doesn't need to be desperately kept away from sexual content at all costs. (Of course, if you're thinking of hitting on her, do remember that both her and her mother are armored killing machines.) For the moment I only intend on her being a supporting character, it also does mean that theoretically, I could write up a full character sheet for her and apply to play her as a full-time character if the inspiration strikes me down the line. (If we're allowed second characters, and mid-game additions, that is.)

Kadigan

Rebelle's profile makes me very sad that Sci-Fi cancelled Dark Matter...on a cliffhanger too.

Florence

Ugh, I heard about that. I haven't seen the second or third season yet, but the show had a LOT of potential...

Florence

All I've got left on my sheet is to figure out pictures/description appearance stuff.

RegretNot

Full Name: Therion Altier

Species: Human

Homeworld: Corruscant

Profession: Laborer / Ex-Emperor’s Hand

Description: Therion stands a very solid frame of 6’2 with powerful shoulders and a frame that shows years of hard labor or extensive physical training.  His deep blue eyes are rimmed with a yellow that is hard to hide as his hair is a striking blonde that would make him attractive on most human worlds.  His posture is reserved and tightly held in but others have seen him before he took his new bent on life and before then he more stalked than walked when he was determined. 

Major Strengths: Emperor’s Hand Training, this includes assassination, counter insurgency, and otherwise of the Imperial operative skill set. 
Force Training, he was trained by over ten years in the ways of the force and even a few times given lessons by the Emperor himself. 

Minor Strengths:  Code of Ethics, he has a specific line in the sand when it comes to killing innocents.  Inside Information, he knows many Imperial secrets and information that most are not in the know about. 

Minor Weaknesses: No connections, there is no one to call family or friend for him and this means if something happens to him no one to care about him.  Poor Empathy, he has tried to understand the gamut of human emotion and still at times it feels like he is acting more than understanding them fully. 

Major Weaknesses: Taint of the Dark side, Therion can feel it calling to him and if he isn’t careful it will take hold of him again.  Wanted by the Empire, if his face or name is run there will be major red flags and much worse than stormtroopers dispatched for him. 

Possessions SoroSub SC-4 Blaster Pistol, Envirosuit, toolbelt, respirator, comlink
Space Chest containing: czerka arms model 38 rifle, A180 Blaster Pistol, 2 lightsabers with dual connection, encrypted commlink, Fake Idents
Modified Z-95 Headhunter

Personality Therion can come off stoic if only for the fact that he has worked on controlling himself, bad things tend to happen when it becomes too overcome with his own emotions.  He still has the impulses that were taught to him and ingrained in his being from a young age but luckily on Smuggler’s Run very few mistake him for someone to try to push around.  His wit can be razor sharp along with his own nature to assess every situation no matter if it’s a simple cantina or a war forming in front of him.  After his escape he can come off as paranoid and unattached but that comes from knowing the Empire has a price if not worse on your head. 

Background Therion was born on Corruscant as there was something about him that while is strong pull to the force kept the jedi from taking him on a youngling.  It likely had to do with his strong grasp to emotions in the force, this problem to the jedi was seen as an advantage when at the age of eight the Empire took over and he was taken from the orphanage he resided in.  Under the tutledge of the Empire he was given the attention he had never seen despite the nature of becoming a force wielding operative for the Emperor himself.  Commander Eiren was the caretaker for education of those selected to be operatives and had a rather close relationship with Therion, despite the others taken from their parents young or ripped from their families Therion didn’t know a maternal figure until her.  The tight grip on his emotions only helped him dip into the force and the dark side, it could be frightening to behold for people like Eiren.  His pride and drive only brought him to new heights as at the age of seventeen he was dispatched on his first mission to the Outer Rim to stop succession plotting by a planetary government.  He was on planet for twenty four hours and with three surgical assassinations destabilized the entire cause. 

Therion carried out missions for the Empire until the age of twenty where those in charge of the program or perhaps the Emperor himself noticed his attachment to Commander Eiren and her own opinion affecting his actions.  On Duros he ordered the gunner on his ship to halt his shots after a rebel faction’s engines had been blown out.  He remembered the words of Eiren speaking of leaving those to tell the tale, to make the enemy seem even worse through stories and rumors.  Leaving them alive did not make the Emperor happy and upon questioning him he had Eiren dispatched and Therion ordered to be brought in for further conditioning.  One of his fellow operatives killed Commander Eiren likely for his own want to see fear in the eyes of the man.  What he found instead was the font of dark side energy from his rage that almost incinerated him from the output of force lightning.  Holding the woman who had been like a mother to him he turned his attention to the sound of boots of storm troopers on their way to try and corral him. 

Therion escaped from the secret facility and with the stolen ship ran from the grasp of the Empire covering his tracks.  Through information and deals he was able to find Smuggler’s Run a place that wasn’t on most Imperial Maps and from what little he had heard of it, it was far from a target for the Empire to try to find.  Finding his way there he used his skill set to make a name for himself as he helped destabilize multiple gangs and pirate groups for others if the credits were good enough.  The force finally spoke to him when he had crippled the life support in a major base in Skip 34 when the death and emotion that washed out from not only the pirates but their families inside almost crippled him.  It took time to sort through what he had felt but he could feel how much the dark side seemed to pull from him, for the first time he turned his back on its hold around him.  He walked away from jobs that required him to assassinate, destabilize, and otherwise feed the darkness inside of him.  He has found himself taking menial jobs and getting paid fairly for it because of his past reputation but it’s just enough to live off of and not deplete what he has saved from his less than savory past. 

Face claim is Alexander Ludwig

Florence

I found a faceclaim and I'll have the sheet up as soon as I figure out which picture to use. Gonna go with Jessica Stam.

Captain Whitebread

Interesting choice.  Waifish enough to be underestimated.

Also, you brought up an interesting point earlier.

Second characters?

Florence

Full Name: Nealla Varr

Species: Human [Mandalorian]

Homeworld: Concordia

Profession: Mercenary/Bounty Hunter

Description: A warrior through and through, most people will only ever see the armored, helmeted form of a Mandalorian. Those who see beneath the armor find a surprisingly feminine appearance with light blonde hair and icy blue eyes. Standing at 5'10, she fits right in with male warriors, though tends to be one of the tallest in the room when standing with other human females.

Major Strengths: Sharpshooting, Swordfighting, Discipline

Minor Strengths: Piloting, Military Science, Heavy Weapons, Explosives

Minor Weaknesses:
Pride- Nealla takes great pride in her culture, and does not respond kindly to those who would besmirch the honor of the Mandalorian people. She can also occasionally be prone to poor choices based on matters of honor and pride, such as choosing to engage a foe in melee combat when a blaster shot to the head would do just as well.

Hates Imperials- She despises the empire, and it can make her prone to irrational choices at times. They took almost everything from her, perhaps more importantly, they forced her daughter to grow up without a clan, without a family. She's been known to give discounts on jobs that put her up against Imperials if the client couldn't afford her usual rates. Conversely, she refuses to work FOR the Empire.

Major Weaknesses:
Daughter- Her daughter comes before anything else. This isn't a weakness easily exploited, as Mandalorian children are taught from a young age to be able to fend for themselves, and Shayn herself is 16, and thus a fully trained Mandalorian warrior in her own right, but the fact remains that there is nothing Nealla wouldn't do for her daughter.

Diplomacy- Nealla is also rubbish at diplomacy. It's not that she's unsociable, but rather that she says what she means, and becomes easily cross when others don't do the same. Of course, under the right conditions, there mere act of being an imposing woman, armed to the teeth and dressed in heavy armor can be an effective act of diplomacy in its own right.

Possessions
Shev'la'kyr (Modified E-11s Sniper Rifle)- A "battlefield acquisition", this Imperial sniper rifle quickly became a favored part of Nealla's arsenal. It's undergone significant modification since she initially took ownership of it, increasing the effective range and power output, though at the cost of a slow rate of fire and limited capacity. The rifle's sobriquet is Mando'a for "Silent End".

Cuyan'kad (Custom Vibrosword)- Forged from beskar, also known as Mandalorian iron, especially for her by her father, this sword was outfitted with vibroblade technology to enhance it's deadly potential. Due to the energy-resistant nature of beskar, the blade is capable of parrying even lightsaber attacks. The sword's name is derived from "kad"; the Mando'a word for "sword", and "cuyan"; a simple, direct message passed on from a worried father to a daughter going off on her own, "survive".

DE-10 blaster pistol- Though she prefers to either engage the enemy at sniping distance, or close enough for a sword, the reality of combat is that you can't always engage the enemy on your own terms. As such, she keeps this blaster pistol on standby for situations where her primary weapons fall short.

Beskar'gam- The distinctive heavy armor worn by Mandalorians, it is both a fundamental part of their culture and a functional piece of military hardware. Beskar'gam's name comes from the fact that it is forged with beskar, which makes it incredibly durable and resistant to numerous forms of damage, including lighthsaber attacks; provided, of course, that they strike the beskar plates, and not the less durable undersuit. Armor made of actual beskar has grown rarer as the metal has been heavily mined, particularly by the Empire, but this particular suit is an heirloom passed down through her mother's family for generations, refitted and repainted for each new wearer. The current design is grey beskar with a black undersuit, and red highlights and shoulder cloak with her clan's sigil. It includes Z-6 jetpack, and the helmet contains a sophisticated HUD and rangefinder. Her gauntlets each contain a Dur-24 wrist laser to be used as fallback weapons with modified trigger mechanisms allowing her to fire both simultaneously.

Various Other Weapons- Nealla tries to keep a general assortment of spare and disposable weapons in stock, such as concealable holdout blasters and an array of grenades and explosives, as well as some common blaster pistols and rifles. This is not only so that she'll never be caught without a weapon, but so that if her daughter is home alone, she can defend herself against any would-be assailants.

Aniskiri- Nealla's ship and home. A Stathas-class freighter, it looks like nothing special at first glance. However, the ship is actually a cutting edge piece of hardware. Only 9 of these experimental models were ever produced by MandalMotors. Equipped with a quad laser cannon and a proton torpedo launcher, the freighter can be operated by a sole pilot or a crew of up to 4 (2 pilots and 2 gunners) and comfortably house up to 8 passengers at a time. The ship that would eventually be named the Aniskiri traded hands a few times, being purchased initially by a wealthy crime lord, and being traded via exchange, gambling debt or assassination before winding up in Nealla Varr's possession, who took it as compension after a client tried to weasel his way out of paying for her work.

Personality
Nealla is different things to different people. To her enemies, she is a merciless killing machine, who revels in the glory and carnage of war. To her friends, she is a loyal and selfless companion, who always has their back. To her daughter, she is a devoted and loving mother, who would sacrifice anything for the light of her life.

Nealla is Mandalorian, and that is the first impression most will have of her. Dressed in heavy armor, with a helmet abscuring her face, most are greeted with a cool, unflinching mercenary, who will take any job that pays well enough. Those who fight alongside her witness a woman with absolute discipline in the heat of battle. She does not break rank, she does not surrender.

Beneath the armor lies a much warmer woman, as evidence by the way she dotes over her daughter and showers her with affection. She is good natured towards her friends and enjoys spending her off hours with good company and good drinks. She particularly enjoys watching outsiders try her homemade tiingilar, and seeing how long it takes them to start begging for bantha milk to put out the fire in their mouths.

While she doesn't make a habit of sleeping around, the life of a mercenary can get lonely for a single mother, and so she has been known to take lovers from time to time, with little preference for gender. Of course, sex is one thing, and love is another, and that is something she has not found yet since the loss of her wife.

Background
Born to a Mandalorian family on Concordia, Nealla's father was a blacksmith, while her mother ran a cantina. Of course, being Mandalorians, both were also warriors, and Nealla was also trained, from the age of 8, to be a warrior as well. She took to it well, especially favoring swordfighting and sharpshooting. When she turned 13, she was put to the test in the tradition of her people, the verd'goten. She was tested in her ability to fight and survive, and once she passed, she was officially recognized as both an adult, and a true Mandalorian. She was also given her first taste of Ne'tra gal, a sweet black Mandalorian ale, at her mother's cantina.

The newly minted Mandalorian was eager to prove herself, and rushed off at every fool chance at honor and glory. She received several very valuable lessons in humility along the way, though she only grew more gifted in battle with experience. However, what she found along the way proved to be far more valuable than glory. She grew close to one of her peers, Ran Stett, and before long, the two were wed in a small private ceremony, as is Mandalorian custom. Of course, though the ceremony itself is generally private and intimate, the celebration at her mother's cantina was so wild, she still only has patchy memory of it.

The two women set off on their own, with Nealla's father granting her a sword he forged specially for her, and made her promise to return home alive. They were on their own for some time, until they undertook a campaign for the Imperials. Nealla's parents had tried to keep out of politics, though the events of Empire's rise to power had not gone unnoticed by her family. Just like many others, they were wary, but credits were credits, and the Empire had plenty.

The job was to help put down an uprising. The resistance was well armed and filled with righteous fury; a great opportunity for glory. Fighting accross the planet was fierce. Nealla and Ran took to making games of competing for kill counts, with often... intimate wagers on the line. The mercs were sent in to do all the heavy lifting, while the Imperials strolled in afterwards to secure the flank. The mercenary camp was generally rowdier than the neighboring Imperial fortifications. Many were scoundrels, gifted in the art of war, but lacking in honor. Of course, there were other Mandalorians as well, and in the company of their own people, Nealla and Ran would drink and feast and laugh the night away in between all the fighting.

In the wake of the final battle, however, the couple happened upon something they hadn't expected. The orphaned child of the fallen, merely a baby. If they'd learned anything of the Imperials during all the fighting, it was that they were honorless, and merciless. They would murder an innocent child to prevent them from ever becoming a threat. The Mandalorians were not without hearts, and decided to steal the child away from the planet in secret.

They eventually decided to name her Shayn, and adopted her as their daughter. With Nealla speaking the words, "Ni kyr'tayl gai sa'ad", "I know your name as my child",  the child became Shayn Varr, and from that day onward, she was raised as a Mandalorian. The next twelve years of Nealla's life was a dream; glory on the battlefield, a loving wife and a child to dote upon and teach the ways of their people. Shayn took well to her lessons, and the couple was confident their daughter would pass her verd'goten with flying colors. They decided that she would do so on Concordia, and made plans to return and spend the year leading up to the test back home with Nealla's family.

In what seemed in retrospect like the hand of fate, their ship, the Vercopa, was having some issues with it's hyperdrive, and so Ran went off ahead, booking passage on a transport, to make preparations while Nealla took the ship to get repairs. Nealla wanted Shayn to go with Ran, but she didn't want her mother to be lonely, and insisted on staying with her. By the time they arrived on Concordia, they found only Nealla's childhood home in ruins, and everyone dead, the bodies burned. The attackers had been thorough in covering up evidence, but Nealla's search was relentless, she examined everything, and she knew there was only one possible culprit: the Empire. The footprint formations, the blast patterns, but most tellingly of all, a chipped off piece of white plastoid composite armor. Stormtrooper armor.

She was furious. She wanted revenge. She wanted to take her ship and fly straight to Coruscant. She wanted to storm the Imperial Palace herself. It was Shayn who talked her out of it, who reminded her that she still needed her mother. She calmed herself, and she mourned. She comforted her daughter. Once her daughter was asleep, she reclaimed one important piece of salvage, intending it as a gift.

After that, they set out for Ran's people, to inform them of their loss. They would wind up staying with them over the next year, as Nealla finalized her daughter's training. Then, just as planned, she took her out on her verd'goten. When they returned, Shayn was an adult, a true Mandalorian. It was then, amongst the drinking and celebration, that she revealed her gift. Over the last year, she had been repairing and refurbishing this special gift in secret. Though she was no smith like her father, she'd gotten help from their hosts. When her daughter laid eyes on her fallen mother's armor, she wept, and Nealla wept with her. It had been refitted, just for her, and she would wear it from that day forth, to bring honor to her mother.

After the celebrations, the pair said their goodbyes. The hospitality of family was welcome, but their home was their ship, now renamed the Aniskira, Total Revenge. They left and took to the stars. Now an adult in the eyes of their people, Shayn could take care of herself, but she knew that her mother needed her now more than other, and chose to remain alongside her. Nealla would even sometimes take her daughter out on missions, though Shayn would often remain behind to make sure they had a home to return to. Making dock in shady ports for mercenary work often meant that ship theft was a reasonable concern.

Nealla has since taken every chance to hit back at the Imperials. She gives discounts whenever a client can't afford her rates. She'd do the work for free, if she didn't have to worry about food and ship maintenance. She also began to dabble in bounty hunting, though never for the Empire. Eventually, she and her daughter made their way to Smuggler's Run

Florence

Captain Whitebread

Damn.....

Shaa Raa is a selfish prick but he'd throw his lot in with Nealla to get her and her daughter a little payback.

Rebelle

Everyone looks awesome.

I offer up kea for connections etc.

Captain Whitebread

She would likely know Shaa Raa.

He repairs and sells reconditioned droids, small vehicles, weapons.  He's always got something in stock worth buying.  He also rents out his loader droids or his astromech droids.

He has a reputation for knowing where to find things.

He charges fair prices, if you haggle but you pay through the nose is you don't. 

Florence

If she's an information broker, than Nealla would likely have tried to get her to look into what happened to her family, also probably to keep her informed of any credible information on Imperial presence in the area, just in case those rumors become more than rumors.

Also, likewise, if anyone wants to work out any connections for Nealla, feel free!

Though, I guess, disclaimer: Until I get the a-okay from RegretNot, anything on her sheet is potentially subject to change if there's any problems with any of it.

Carly

I updated the drug my character is addicted to as Nyriaan spice (a true star wars drug).

Also I watered down her womanizing tendencies so she is attracted to women like most typical males are.

I hope she is fine now for approval.

Captain Whitebread

Florence

Assuming both of our characters are approved, it sounds like Chia would totally be in the market for a Mandalorian mercenary.

Carly

Wanna buy your drugs from Shaa Raa?
absolutely. My character will happily part with credits to get her fix - from shady people also. In your case VERY shady people :)

Assuming both of our characters are approved, it sounds like Chia would totally be in the market for a Mandalorian mercenary.
my character would totally hire your character if she could. IF so I will drop my battle droid body guard and take on your character instead.
my character is good for credits, and she can also slice so it would be a good team. SHe is totally dependant on others for anything combat related though.

Rebelle - did you want to have a past contract with my character ? A history of any kind ? so we can at least recognise each other when we meet.

Captain Whitebread

He's not shady.  He wears a hood and covers his eyes for... medical reasons.  Yeah.  Medical reasons.

Juggtacular

Tyron is essentially a soldier-for-hire with a good heart, who gets shit handled. So if you wanted something found, someone rescued, someone offed(need a good enough reason), etc... he's your guy. Knowing that, there's a wide range of jobs he's taken over the years so there's plenty of ways for people to know him. Even beyond work, he gets around the galaxy quite a bit.

Shaa - Due to his let's be honest, "skeevy" nature, maybe he tried to fleece Ty or pull one over on him. It doesn't work, and they come to an understanding...hopefully not at the end of a blaster. From there it could be something like a relationship of symbiosis and convenience. They help each other get paid basically.  XD He might even lend Shaa a safehouse or a spot on the couch on the Basilisk when times get hard. But those favors do add up heheh.

Yig - I'm assuming she'll get free at some point, or some opening will happen in-game where she's freed. Ty could definitely help with that, as some of his best friends at the temple were Wookiees, and seeing someone in chains who doesn't deserve it boils his blood. Besides, who doesn't want a Wookiee friend who kindly remembers how you helped free her from pirate slavers?

Dae - Hmmm, not sure how they'd have met. They probably run in some of the same circles. Maybe he heard about her from one of their shared clients and he went to see what the talk was about, and possibly to see if she could be a fellow Jedi in hiding.

Chia - She straight up could've just hired him after learning of his reputation when she had something like a dangerous negotiation or she wanted some extra security with a delicate cargo.

Kea - As one of the few other people on Smuggler's Run with a sense of honor and integrity, I'm sure they've crossed paths. Especially since her info probably helps him with bounties and such. And he could in turn sell her information he gleans from his missions, or anything important he can use his psychometry on.

Thereon - Hmmm, here maybe they've run into each other a few times in the cantina? Or maybe he's worked at a few sites where Ty was working security.

Nealla - Simply by being Mando I think they'd hit it off. Maybe even work together on a few two-man or team jobs.

I think that's all the posted characters? Just ideas off the top of my head.

Carly

I could have hired body guards of all sorts in the past.

RegretNot

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on November 02, 2017, 07:58:40 PM
Interesting choice.  Waifish enough to be underestimated.

Also, you brought up an interesting point earlier.

Second characters?

I am fine with second characters as long as people believe than can handle them, be honest with yourself before you make them and with time I will be fine with others made as well as long as a player has proven themselves to handle it. 

Should be sending pms on other character put in in a few minutes. 

Carly

Endwell

Sent this in a private message for review. Shoulda just posted here I think? Mmm, hopefully this looks good.

Full Name: Ve'tralla Kurzen

Species: Arkanian Offshoot (Human Half-breed)

Homeworld: Arkania

Profession: Mercenary (Bounty Hunter, Thief, Assassin, Body Guard), Gambler, Arms Tech.

Description: She stands at 5ft 6in tall with an extremely pale complexion, piercing green eyes, two piercings in either ear with braided strands dangling from the uppers and lips colored with dark raspberry lipstick lining them aside from a single mark of black in the middle of her bottom lip. Her hair grows out black for the first half an inch or so but changes color once past that point to pure white thanks to her half-breed genetics. She keeps half her head buzzed low and the other side has an uneven cut from the front to the back and comes down to her chin. Beneath her armor is a beautiful, albeit scarred here and there, feminine figure of athletic build. Most often she can be found wearing her armor, at least up to her neck. When in a place where she's comfortable she prefers a wife beater of no specific color and either spandex, sweatpants, or cargo pants depending on the situation. As of the moment her only comfort space is her own skip housing or her own ship.

Major Strengths: Hand to hand/Bladed combat, Piloting, and Combat Strategy

Minor Strengths: Blasters, Slight of hand theft, Arms technician, Observation, Gambling, Highly intelligent, and Better Vision in low lighting

Minor Weaknesses: Impulsive (especially when spoken down to), Makes no effort to hide her weaponry, Not that comfortable in social situations, and a poor tolerance for alcohol.

Major Weaknesses: Force sensitive to the point where she can be felt and even located depending on her mood (At best her own capability with the force is tremors while having nightmares but she cannot feel the force herself). No connections to any group to speak of thus no protection beyond her own skills. Weaker than human immune system. Soft heart for orphans despite the fact that often they were capable of terrible things in smuggler's run.

Possessions
Ship

Dual Blaster Pistols

Blaster Rifle

Long Range Blaster Rifle

Vibro Sword

A Pair of vibro knives with 15 inch blades (As in her picture)
A cache of munitions and small explosives
A small room on a skip to call her own (for now)
The severed, but functional, head of a protocol droid with a mobile power unit
A holo of her parents

Personality Isolationist, Mild Introvert, Professional, Confident, Calculating, Slow to Trust, Spiteful When Wronged, Kind to those she finds deserving, and a bit unrefined. Will work for anyone for the most part but will not kill children nor knowingly orphan them.

Background Ve'Tralla was the child of a pair of wealthy Arkanian scientists whom were incapable of conceiving and instead, without permission, engineered a child for themselves. Based on their own lifespan they opted to do so in a way that their child wouldn't likely outlive them so as to hope that she wouldn't live long enough to be discovered. They used a combination of their own DNA infused with that of a human Jedi. The hope was that she would, in time, prove useful enough that perhaps should the empire manage to topple the rebel uprising  she might one day be able to live out her life in whatever way she saw fit thanks to her parents groundbreaking research despite her questionable genetics. While the science had been used in the past it had long since tapered off, efforts were even put forward to wipe out the Arkanian Offshoots, but the Arkanian were confident the empire would allow them to expand the science once more. Unfortunately her existence, what she was, had been discovered far too soon. It was a wonder she'd been kept a secret for as long as she had. During a dinner party with some of their co-workers she made the mistake of leaving her quarters while in a state of rebellious youth after a heated argument. Even as the reach of the galactic empire expanded it wouldn't have been in time to keep her from persecution and even likely being put down as most of her kind had been in the past. Those co-workers were quick, if not pleased with themselves, to speak on what they'd witnessed.

She had been raised as both a daughter and a living weapon the purpose to which was meant to take a place within the ranks of the empire and prove the worth of her parents science. That training instead became vital to her survival. At only age 16 her parents loaded her into a stolen interplanetary mercenary vessel, coordinates unknown to her, which sent her into the depths of space. Upon the launch pad the last she saw of her parents were their futile, lacking, attempts to cover her escape only to be cut down by blaster fire. She watched as those who raised her, trained her, and yet the talents they bestowed her with were of no use to them in their most dire moments. The ship was well stocked with provisions, an armory, and enough reading material to last her for months. Wherever they planned to send her she trusted them implicitly and made no efforts to adjust her course.

She awakened one day, long into her journey, to the collision alerts of her ship as it weaved it's way into what appeared to be an asteroid field. She barely managed to take the controls before vital impact would have disabled her ship and left her adrift. The impact it did suffer certainly didn't do well for the outlook of her future. The Coordinates her parents had programmed to her ship had brought her to a large asteroid belt at the end of the Correlian Run. A little known haven for those with something to hide from, something to outrun, or perhaps simply nowhere else to be and no hope left in the galaxy. The credits her parents had transferred to her as she left the planet gave her the opportunity to see to her ships repairs, purchase a suit of armor fit for space travel, and allowed her to periodically find rest for her head whenever she saw fit to seek port. Since then she's put her skills to use plying trades of the seedy underground. She knew nothing much beyond existing, beyond violence and breaking the law, but fortunately she had a talent for such things. She took on what jobs she could, earned her fair share in wages, and often gambled quite lucratively to amplify them. If not for the fact that she often gave a portion of her credits to those with children in need she may be quite wealthy at this juncture.
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Florence

She looks badass! As a Mandalorian, I imagine Nealla would have some measure of respect for a fellow warrior, and a fellow swordfighter.

Speaking of, I should probably have attached an image to her sheet, but I was frankly too lazy after having written everything up, but this is Nealla's vibrosword:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Also, her rifle:

And pistol:

Endwell

She will most definitely prefer to focus on the use of her blades. The blasters aren't the weapons of a true warrior. Her half-breed species only has a lifespan of around 55 years of age so anyone whom she might actually come to respect would be an excellent start to not spending what was left of her life without a single tie to anyone hmm? Just so long as those people don't get hired in opposition to her :(

I'm already looking forward to some pretty reckless scenes provided my character is accepted xD
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
So do it for me...

Doomblade403xxx

RegretNot

RegretNot

Still recruiting and will remain open even after IC threads start but should be starting in character posts in the next day or two. 

Endwell

Accepted and super excited :) Anyone interested in any sort of history with Ve'tralla feel free to either mention so here or pm me to establish anything you might have in mind!
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
So do it for me...

Kaya

Hello gals & guys! I've just been approved and my character "AJ" can be found in the characters thread. Please let me know if you would like to have a connection to her!

Carly

RegretNot

Doomblade403xxx

Full Name:Zebrin

Species: Zabrak

Homeworld: Dathomir

Profession: Mechanic

Description: Zebrin is a well built Zabrak from the planet of Dathomir. Most of his life he was a slave to the whims of the Sith Witches. Mostly his tasks were manual labor related and he somehow was never identified as a force sensitive. Perhaps it never manifested until he came into contact with technology.

He generally wears utilitarian clothing. Coveralls that he can adjust to work shirtless when the work area is very hot. He is quiet. Really quiet. He generally talks more to the machines he is working on than to anyone else he meets, and is often travels with a old trade federation battle droid named Z-Bot.

Major Strengths:
Force Sensitive: He is a force sensitive who seems to focus his manipulation of the force through machinery. Machines seem to talk to him. Tell him what's wrong. He uses that information to fix them. Often time his repairs leave him with a pile of spare parts, but the item always seems to work better than it did before.

Slicer: Again his tech force sensitivity comes into play. He doesn't know how or why, but he can work magic with a computer. He can mess with security footage, hack passwords, ship logs, more or less anything he wants. Essentially the computer 'tells' him how to break in.

Z-Bot: Even though he looks large and scary, Zebrin is far from a combatant. Z-Bot is a droid designed for combat and Zebrin can 'control' Z-bot from the sidelines. In fact no one would believe Z-Bot could do the things he can do in battle, but he defies reality. At a lesser level Z-Bot can also assist him with minor repairs but mostly runs his mouth.

Minor Strengths:
Strong: Years of physical labor have made him very strong. So strong he rarely needs help when it comes to moving heavy objects.

Endurance: He was the property of cruel mistresses and lived in harsh conditions. Periods without food and water bother him less than others. In simple terms he blocks out pain, hunger, and thirst to suvive.

Minor Weaknesses: (Atleast 2)
Combat: Without Z-Bot he is weak in combat. At best an untrained brawler who telegraphs his moves and beaten to the punch. Some folks simply weren't meant for combat.

Shooting: He has a blaster. He can shoot an empty can or a target fairly well if given proper time to aim. In any real kind of fight beware of friendly fire or falling birds. When the stress is on and someone is shooting back, he can't hit a damn thing.

Force Sensitive: He doesn't realize he is force sensitive or even what that means. To him the Sith witches weren't force users, they simply had magic. At times he is broadcasting and doesn't even realize it.

Major Weaknesses:
Awkwardly Shy: He is socially weak in every aspect. Talking to living creatures makes him very nervous. He will almost always say the wrong thing, or react in unexpected ways. He is just emotionally stunted.

Equipment Dependant: It might have something to do with his force sensitivity but he can't just pick up a piece of equipment like a datapad and use it. Something about ripping it apart and putting it back together somehow ATTUNES it to him. A regular datapad won't let him hack, not until he breaks it down, then reassembles it.

Possessions
Tools {Several Toolboxes}, toolbelt, work coveralls, Calf High Bantha hide boots, Datapad, Z-Bot, an old DL-44 blaster which sometimes rests on his hip as decoration.

Personality
Very quiet. Some would almost say too quiet. He talks to droids and machines easy enough, but shies away from people as much as possible. He's not rude and doesn't mean to cause suspicion or hurt anyone's feelings, he simply recognizes the situation for what it is. He is different from most people. There is something about him that makes him odd. He can't pinpoint it, and he's afraid others will see it.

Background
Zebrin spent the better part of his life as a laborer on his home planet of Dathomir. On Dathomir the power of the dark side is very potent and the Sith Witches wield their power with an iron fist.

At nineteen he was traded to a group of pirate raiders as slave labor aboard their ship. It was then he learned he had talents with machines and computers. When a cleaning bot went down in front of him in a corridor he just broke it down and fixed it. It took him several hours and the pirates delighted in taking bets on the Zabrak's success. Hundreds of credits were lost that day when he not only succeeded but improved the droids performance.

This earned him a crew position in engineering where he not only learned the complexities of engines and machines. He seemed to excel at jobs many found difficult or time consuming and he always finished ahead of schedule and with parts to spare. When he found an old Federation Battle droid on board the ship he spent a week repairing it in his spare time. When he was finished he had a combat companion that he called Z-Bot, and with concentration he could manipulate and control his battle droid to do things it was never designed to do. Move fast, jump farther, shoot straighter, than any droid of his type.

An old datapad was his next project. He didn't know how to fix it or why the discarded and outdated computer needed fixed, he just did it. Something about that datapad called to him, and he answered. His spare time was spent delving into the computerized secrets the ship held. Within a month there was no secrets. He sliced into doors, journals, activated dormant cams to catch his shipmates in compromising positions.

The captain saw him as dangerous. Not because of the skills he came to possess, but because it seemingly took no training in order to acquire them. He was summarily booted from the ship in Smuggler's Run. Since then his reputation has grown as a man who can fix anything, and makes a decent living doing just that.

Years of physical labor have made him a large and intimidating man, but he has never been formally trained in combat. At best he is an unprincipled brawler who's punch would hurt if it landed. He does carry a blaster in a cross draw holster but it's mostly a deterrent and decoration.

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: Kaya on November 03, 2017, 08:12:47 PM
Hello gals & guys! I've just been approved and my character "AJ" can be found in the characters thread. Please let me know if you would like to have a connection to her!

Does AJ need a 'booking agent'?

RegretNot

Should be doing the first GM post tomorrow or the next day at the latest, anyone working on characters will be welcome to jump in after just letting anyone who is almost done with a sheet that the first jump off point is imminent. 

Captain Whitebread

RegretNot

We are about to conclude our first GM scene and really open the world up, I am sure the characters involved will be looking for more allies should you be interested in joining us, plenty of room left in our group of heroes  villains anti-heroes. 

HannibalBarca

Want to have at least one group game going.  I'm thinking of a drunk mechanic from Fondor with a droids-are-people mentality and a droid sidekick who really is a philosopher...with a gun.

And Jessica Stam...she looks like what would happen if Sting had a child with Cara Delvigne...gorgeous.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

RegretNot

Only have one super tech savy character at the moment so a straight up mechanics with a love for droids would be welcome with the hardened mandalorians and mercs running around. 

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: RegretNot on December 02, 2017, 01:44:52 PM
Only have one super tech savy character at the moment so a straight up mechanics with a love for droids would be welcome with the hardened mandalorians and mercs running around.

And then there is Shaa Raa.....

RegretNot

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on December 02, 2017, 02:02:30 PM
And then there is Shaa Raa.....

The guy everyone thinks they could trust to watch their child unless he gets offered way too good a price... yeah every group needs one. 

Captain Whitebread

Quote from: RegretNot on December 02, 2017, 02:07:16 PM
The guy everyone thinks they could trust to watch their child unless he gets offered way too good a price... yeah every group needs one.

More like the guy nobody trusts to watch their kids because they know he'd accept a good price.

HannibalBarca

Full Name: Dedrik Kolinattis

Species: Human

Homeworld: Fondor

Profession: Roboticist, pilot, mercenary

Description: A tall, light-skinned human from Fondor, dressed in the scrappy, functional gear you'd expect from a gearhead and mercenary.  Always accompanied by a green-colored T-series tactical droid.

Major Strengths: Robotics--Dedrik has been a gearhead almost as far back as he can remember.  Something of a quiet, reserved kid, his natural intelligence lent itself to technology, and he found friendship among droids from a young age.  It isn't that he dislikes humans or other biological species--he's actually pretty egalitarian--but he seems to prefer the stoicism and straightforwardness of non-organic beings.  Consequently, he can perform like an elite neurosurgeon on a droid.

Piloting--He's a damned good one, having lived much of his life since leaving Fondor on one starship or another.  And while he doesn't approach the elite levels of piloting like certain Jedi from the Clone Wars, he could honestly give a some of them a run for their money for a few minutes.

Slicing--Like robotics, it goes hand in hand for Dedrik.  He's a hacker extraordinaire, though probably somewhat lower than his skill in working on droids.

Minor Strengths: Blasters--he can pretty much fire anything with a trigger, even if he doesn't always hit what he aims at.  Good at tinkering with 'em too, squeezing every last ounce of performance out of 'em.

Underworld contacts--with his money and his frequent travels, Dedrik has gotten himself known by a lot of unsavory characters.  He's done a lot of favors here and there, and with those who he hasn't pissed off with his ranting about droids' rights, they know he's a more-than-competent roboticist and mechanic who finishes his jobs on time and with little to no fuss or questions asked.

Sense of honor--which keeps him from sinking too far into depression over the state of the galaxy.  Dedrik knows he's only passable as a combat merc, and without TN by his side would have bought the farm many times over.  Of course, TN would say that his buddy had saved him from numerous overheatings, meltdowns, and core crashes, so they're even on that scale.

Minor Weaknesses: That same sense of honor--it just won't let him give up when he probably should.

Criminal record--Stealing from his parents hasn't been his only bad deed.  A lot of it he's done in the name of helping the underdog.  It isn't just droids he hates to see enslaved, after all.  He's incurred the wrath of more than one slave or droid owner on many worlds.  The Empire knows of him and considers him a middling criminal--not worth enough to hunt for, but definitely one they'd shoot dead rather than try in court if he was caught again.

Major Weaknesses: Alcoholism--there's a lot to drink over for Dedrik, and he goes on binges when he's particularly in a dark mood.  He's not constantly drunk, but when he's on a bender, he's useless to anyone.

Fanatacism for droids' rights--it's hard, even now after all his experiences, to let a sleeping dog lie.  He'll grumble and complain, if not outright sabotage someone's restraining bolts on their astromech, just to put a little more freedom in the galaxy.  He's not above stealing a droid and then setting it free, though he does this less than he used to, once he realized that a lot of droids had no idea how to survive on their own, not being programmed for such, and the process of giving them enough personality to be able to do so was occasionally above his ability to perform.

Occasional paralyzing depression--all that carrying of the droids' woes on his shoulders, as well as the things he's done in his life, both grey and dark, will overwhelm him at times.  It isn't enough to tell himself the ends justify the means, because sometimes they simply don't.

Possessions:
Dedrik uses a tried-but-true DC-17 blaster pistol from the Clone Wars days, kept in a shiny, immaculate condition

Various mechanic and slicing tools, mostly on his and TN's ship, but also affixed in various places on his clothing.

A Kessemer Dockyards Altrua-Class troop dropship, with many, many non-factory improvements.  This functions as Dedrik and TN's home, work office, and transportation.  It's a lot tidier than the average mercenary ship, as Dedrik tends to be a neat freak.

Personality: Dedrik is a romantic when it comes down to it.  He still remembers the tales of Jedi when he was a kid, and idolizes their good points in many ways.  He won't let go of his dream of helping free droids, and it is this primary driving force in his life that has led to his depression and alcoholism.  Honestly, if it wasn't for the steadfastness of TN, he probably would have guided his ship down a star's gravity well by now.  He's not in any way a lady's man, but he isn't an oaf, either.  He can be a sucker for a pretty face.  TN has kept him from getting the wool pulled over his eyes before in that regard as well.  His penchant for the hopeless cause has seen him side with a lot of rebel groups and underdogs over the years, and while he's pretty well jaded, he still keeps the torch burning, even if he seems unconcerned with anything much of the time.  It just takes some work to get him to express it.

Background: Dedrik grew up on Fondor, the scion of a moderately successful shipbuilding family.  His family were sympathizers of the CIS during the Clone Wars, and while Fondor stayed with the Republic, his parents entertained various CIS bigwigs, and they even got him a chance to tour a Munificent-class frigate when he was 14.  This only fueled his already-strong interests in robotics, but it also killed his sympathies for the CIS, as he befriended a T-series tactical droid that was attached to him as a guide and chaperone, named TN-426. 

At some point during a prior combat, TN had taken some damage to his head, and it had affected his circuits in a way that actually modified his personality.  He'd kept this a secret from his superiors, and in the month-long period of time Dedrik spent on the frigate, the teen not only came to call TN a friend, but wanted to take up his friend's cause--independence as a free, conscious being.  He promised to try to keep in touch once he returned to Fondor.

Unfortunately, the war dragged on, and when back on Fondor, Dedrik became increasingly withdrawn and antagonistic towards his parents.  They didn't have his perspective on droids, nor on clones for that matter, as Dedrik had now become convinced that both sides were essentially using slave warriors to fight their battles for them.  He buried himself in his study of all things robotic and technical, believing that someday he would be able to lead both clones and droids to their deserved freedom.

Things took a decided turn for the worse at the end of the Clone Wars.  Not only were the clones retained as slaves in his eyes, but the droid armies of the CIS were deactivated and scrapped, which was nothing but genocide to Dedrik.  If he'd disliked the Republic and the CIS, he despised the new Empire.  He'd had a few too many fights with his parents, and he saw them as a cog in the corrupt system the galaxy functioned as.  Using his slicing skills, he stole several million credits from their bank accounts, and went offworld with a Mandalorian mercenary team that needed a good droid mech.  That didn't last long, as he soon found out they were only using the droids as cannon fodder anyway, and he found himself left on Atzerri, among Gotal who were both sympathetic to the Empire, and droid-averse due to their discomfort around complex electrical systems.

Fortunately for Dedrik, he happened to run into TN-426 on the next world he traveled to, Affa, trying to get some upgrades from the Cybot Galactica Corporation without success.  The droid had escaped being scrapped by jumping ship just as his fleet was standing down near Ryloth.  Being the only two beings who trusted one another, they formed a team and decided to work together towards droid freedom.

The next 16 years saw no improvement in droid conditions, though it did see he and TN traveling extensively across the galaxy, getting into and out of a multitude of jobs, scrapes, and disasters, although they always seemed to come out on the other side, a little worse for the wear but wiser.  Both the human and the droid were now quite skilled pilots, as well as passable mercenaries, though neither would have said they were in it for the fighting.  After so much time futilely battling for droid rights, Dedrik had taken up drink, and found himself more often than not in run-down corners of the galaxy, even though he still had a significant amount of his parents' credits to live off of.

TN had mellowed much with the passage of time, becoming more philosophical, as his circuits had essentially given up on the dream he had of seeing his fellow droids free.  He hadn't lost his sarcasm that was typical of T-series droids, but tempered it more with a world weariness.  The two of them had only seen their friendship grown stronger, and it was rare to see the two ever argue about something more serious than what bar they were going to hang out in.  Most recently, they found themselves in Smuggler's End, after finishing a significant repair job on a pair of Corellian smuggling ships' hyperdrives.

“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

RegretNot

With a bit of inactivity we are currently in need of a noble or wealthy concept. 

The concepts we have at current in game are as follows: 

Bounty hunters, mercenaries, mechanics, information broker, pilot, laborers, ex-slaves, and pilots.  There is no cap on force sensitives with only a few in game and with different variations and use of the force in their lives. 

Smuggler's Run is a even more lawless place than Nar Shadda if only because it's not universally known so an array of concepts will work.