Anyone interested in a D&D 3.5 Game?

Started by LEHayes, February 02, 2011, 11:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LEHayes

I'm considering characters characters for a game.  I was running this on another site, but due to lack of participation I'm going to terminate that game.  I will only run one game as that's all I have time for.

It all starts in Diggertown, a small mining town above the frost line.  There was a murder in the newest level of the mine.  The strange condition of the body had led the mayor of the town to close the mine, until the "murderer" is caught, to protect the people of the town.  To give you an idea of the game.  I'm naming it Diggertown.

If this is in the wrong thread, will someone let me know so I can copy it to it's rightful place?  Please.

Ixy

It sure looks like you posted it in the right place-- 3.5 games are always popular here, and if you would like to provide more detail about what kind of characters you want, what resources we can use, and what kind of content to expect in the game, I'm certain you'll get plenty of interested responses.  Thanks for joining the site!

BenedictWolfe

I might be interested depending on the character creation rules and what other characters are made.

But then, I usually don't like playing D&D outside the Forgotten Realms, so I'm not making any promises.

yuna0417

I have some interest, but want to know more, chargen, world, more.  when I know, I can say for sure.

LEHayes

Ixy:
QuoteIt sure looks like you posted it in the right place--
Thanks, but it was moved here by admin.

Quote3.5 games are always popular here, and if you would like to provide more detail about what kind of characters you want, what resources we can use, and what kind of content to expect in the game, I'm certain you'll get plenty of interested responses.

characters I'd love to see a paladin, but he'd never stay beyond the first adventure or problem.  Once he finished with what brought him here, he'd part company without it being a LG party.  I want to explore Psionics, I'm thinking an NPC would be good, though if someone is willing to put up with me, I suppose I could work with a player.  I'm only sure I want to alter the psionics rules a bit.  I really want one character to lead a group one who will seek out their own party once they feel they need it.  I have no desire to tell you what team members you must work with.  Play it the way you would, don't figure a way to make it work, design it to work.

Content in the game?  Well let's see.  There is a small town that the game is originally set in.  The world is as diverse as Oerth, Fearun, Ansalon, Mysteria, Blackmoore, all sharing the same sphere.  As a GM, I'm only familiar with Oerth, but I'm also looking for GMs that will help in these other areas.  I am beginning on another island continent apart from all of these.  Imagine if you would a time before SpellJammer, when all these ideas were floating around in Gery's head, a single world with all of these cultures.

Materials?  I have the Hypertext d20 SRD (ask me for the link) to use as the base system.  In addition, I'm allowing the Pathfinder (ask me for the link) Hypertext SRD for mundane materials.

Content: This is what you make it.  We're here so you can go into as much or as little sexual detail as you like.  I will play NPC's to their personalities, so not everyone will jump in the sack with you, unless you're in an appropriate place.  Their will be problems to solve, and damsels to save.

BenedictWolfe:
QuoteI might be interested depending on the character creation rules and what other characters are made.

But then, I usually don't like playing D&D outside the Forgotten Realms, so I'm not making any promises.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

yuna0417:
QuoteI have some interest, but want to know more, chargen, world, more.  when I know, I can say for sure.

Char Gen: I'd like to see each player generate a 0-level character.  For this game a 01 level NPC class will be a 0 Level character.

Stats: Method 1: roll 4d6 dropping the lowest 6 times, recording them in order.  Then, roll 4d6 for each stat in order until you come up with two scores 15 or greater, if it is higher than the stat it is rolled for it replaces that stat.  Once you have found and either replaced or ignored the two stats (15 or greater) you should have a character with 1 or more stats 15 or greater.  This will be your starting character.

Stats: Method 2: use the point buy system in the pathfinder SRD using 30 points.

with method 1 you get a random character and method 2 you get who you want.

I welcome all questions,
Lon

LEHayes

I'd like to RP the gaining of 1st level, and then allow the characters to begin normally.  It appears that I play a little different than some 3.5 players are used to.  I'm an AD&D GM, with concepts of that game I want to incorporate in the 3.5 system.  AD&D magic items, character concepts, and detail level.  For example, I may suggest to a character that (s)he's hungry.  You are free to ignore me.  You may hallucinate, pass out, get cramps, etc., all of which will affect your character.  Character's that don't remove food from their equipment may suffer the same results even if they say their eating, because nothing is consumed.  The content of your character sheet will need constant day to day updating.

I hope this helps,
Lon

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

LEHayes

I promise to post daily, to keep time moving around you.

For your part, please keep up with the game's time-line.

Ok, life happens.  Players have things happen, I will NPC for short durations if asked.

For longer durations, get another player that has time; otherwise, do your best to "find something else to do" in character so you won't be run over from inaction.  I will break for holidays.

Questions?

Ixy

I'm willing to give it a try.  I'll roll up a couple suggestions.

yuna0417

Quote from: LEHayes on February 03, 2011, 07:46:28 PM
Char Gen: I'd like to see each player generate a 0-level character.  For this game a 01 level NPC class will be a 0 Level character.

Stats: Method 1: roll 4d6 dropping the lowest 6 times, recording them in order.  Then, roll 4d6 for each stat in order until you come up with two scores 15 or greater, if it is higher than the stat it is rolled for it replaces that stat.  Once you have found and either replaced or ignored the two stats (15 or greater) you should have a character with 1 or more stats 15 or greater.  This will be your starting character.

Stats: Method 2: use the point buy system in the pathfinder SRD using 30 points.

with method 1 you get a random character and method 2 you get who you want.

I would not exactly call this...fun to begin with.  Random over what I feel is crippling  and low powered chargen, and 0-level to top it off.  Not really my thing honestly.  If you change your stance i'll be more apt to come up with something.

LEHayes

I'm only looking for 0-level character generation to role play your first experience as a trainee.  Once we have a background for the characters, I'm planning on starting at about 3-6th level.