Pathfinder Interest/GM Check

Started by Latooni Subota, August 27, 2013, 05:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

Lol, lot's of spells and no powers. Mystic theurge ftw.I love that prestige class.

Just tried those heroic rolls (14,16,16,18,18,10) Seems pretty high, but I guess that's pathfinder for you.
I'd like to throw in a Bard. With GM's approval I might make a Dashing swordsman out of him eventually. If not, or until that I'll just play him as such.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

yaracyrrah

If (mirabile visu) I've read the thread correctly this time, this game is for four players and I was applicant number five.  :_-(.  Please keep me on the waiting list in case a spot opens up :-).

Angie

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on. I know you guys went ahead and rolled, and that's great...but I wanted to go with 20 point buy. Probably should have mentioned that, but I was kind of expecting people to think up concepts first and then think about stats...call me naive.

I prefer 20 point buy so everyone's on the same level, and it ends up putting the heroes at a perfect level: Just slightly better then monsters on their level. Which is exactly what it should be.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

arkhos

Heyas Angie,

Who would you like to send you character concepts? I've seen people mention '4 players'? Are you taking the first 4 people who showed interest? Are you taking the first 4 character sheets you actually receive?

I just didn't want to put a lot of work into a sheet only to be told there's not a spot. :)

Also, if I am permitted, I'd like to see the other classes folks are leaning to, so I can fill-in as needed. I love just about every class, so I am very flexible. So far I've seen Kata mention a bard. Latooni mentioned a wizard-cleric.

Love 20 point buy and 1st level, by the way, kudos to you. Just my personal thing. So many games it seems start at 5-10 and to me they miss some of the best parts of character development, 1-5.

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Angie

Quote from: arkhos on August 29, 2013, 01:52:25 PM
Heyas Angie,

Who would you like to send you character concepts? I've seen people mention '4 players'? Are you taking the first 4 people who showed interest? Are you taking the first 4 character sheets you actually receive?

I just didn't want to put a lot of work into a sheet only to be told there's not a spot. :)

Also, if I am permitted, I'd like to see the other classes folks are leaning to, so I can fill-in as needed. I love just about every class, so I am very flexible. So far I've seen Kata mention a bard. Latooni mentioned a wizard-cleric.

Love 20 point buy and 1st level, by the way, kudos to you. Just my personal thing. So many games it seems start at 5-10 and to me they miss some of the best parts of character development, 1-5.

-ark

First come, first serve. The first ones to send me a concept that I approve get in-with the exception of Latooni, since she started this thread.

Ghostwheel

I'm thinking either a ratfolk monk or human oracle... What's everyone else planning?

Also, "unmunchkin"? Getting access to all those spells and spell slots makes you less powerful somehow? :-P

Latooni Subota

Definately not going Theurge. The only reason I picked it was because I actually had rolled up stats that were good enough to not be TERRIBLE at it! lol

I'm pondering concepts that won't suffer from horrible MAD now, though I'm now leaning towards Halfling for race since I found a DELIGHTFUL picture on Deviantart. Look at the awesome! http://www.deviantart.com/art/NwN-Mirri-the-Halfling-206385635

Ghostwheel: Sure does, when you're always 3-ish levels weaker than an equivalent level caster, and have to split your points up between two casting ability scores. But it's a non-issue now.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

arkhos

So far I've seen:

Kata = bard?
Latooni = wizard-cleric?
Ghost = Monk?

If so, I would probably toss together a straight-forward warrior of some kind. Does that sound good to you guys?
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Angie

Hey guys, one last thing real quick: First 5 to send me a concept and character sheet (use myth-weavers, please!) will get in. They can be combined if you like, you can write your history on the myth-weavers sheet!

All races and classes are accepted, but if it's not in the Core Book or Advanced Player's Guide, send me a link to a relevant SRD page so I can approve or disallow it (if I disallow, I'll give you some extra time to go back and redo it). Same with archetypes, if it's 3rd party, send me a link.

In your backstory, I need a reason for why you would be traveling. We'll be starting in a somewhat isolated coastal town, one that has easy access to ships but only one inland route. It's used as a stop for many sailing ships, and many use the road to find a ship to get passage on, however, why are you here?

Latooni Subota

I've actually decided to go straight Cleric now. MAYBE I'll dip my foot in some arcane mojo later on if things get nifty, but probably straight Cleric. :3

. . . Wait, 5 people are getting in now? That's a little worrisome . . .

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Angie

5 is my limit. 6 is when I stop being able to handle things. Plus, I figure with 5 slots, more people who were interested can try to get in.

Tamhansen

Oh I sent you my concept through PM, with most everything in there. I'll do a mythweaver one as soon as i can.
ons and offs

arkhos

Working up a half-orc fighter now. :)

-ark

Latooni Subota

Arkhos, if you get in, my halfling demands the occasional ride on your shoulder! >:O

arkhos

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 29, 2013, 03:03:26 PM
Arkhos, if you get in, my halfling demands the occasional ride on your shoulder! >:O

That can be arranged! ESPECIALLY if she's the healer! ;)

-ark

Angie

I like Arkhos's idea of going half-orc fighter. I'll give you a little extra time to write your stuff up.

Latooni Subota

Max starting gold, or do you want us to roll and send you the results?

Angie

Roll 'er up, but if the roll is worse then the average, take the average.

Ghostwheel

Angie

Alright guys, so far, we have Katataban, Latooni Subota, Ghostwheel, and arkhos all making characters as far as I know. Keep it going, and I can do it with 4 people if we prefer. I'm building up my dungeon for the first adventure, I have the map already and I can even show you guys the player's version (the one without all the DM markings-I use Donjon's Dungeon Generator, good stuff) if you want.

Tamhansen

cool. though it would be easier if we saw the map with the markers. Then we could avoid the monsters and just loot the place :P:P

Also two healers and a lughead. might need to rethink my spell choices :P
ons and offs

arkhos

Quote from: Katataban on August 29, 2013, 04:27:33 PM
Also two healers and a lughead. might need to rethink my spell choices :P

I see two healers and tall cool bottle of awesomesauce fighter! Where's the lughead?!?!?

:P

-ark

Latooni Subota

Sent my sheet in! Woo!

Hrm, Cleric, Oracle, bard, and fighter is pretty unusual for a party (Though awesome). I think I'll actually try and multiclass it up a bit towards Mystic THeurge or something after all, to give us some more ranged combat oomph.

Edit: As for starting with 4, you know I prefer smaller groups, so I'd have no problems with that :3

Ghostwheel

I'm headed in the direction of pure spellcaster m'self, though likely I'll be focused on buffing the BSF ;)

arkhos

Char sheet submitted Angie, let me know if the link does not work. :)

-ark