Mobsters of Port Temperance (Day Three)

Started by Avi, June 27, 2009, 05:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avi

It is the late 1920s in America.  The Roaring Twenties are coming to a head, and with it, the relatively new phenomenon of organized crime.  The small town of Port Temperance has remained largely unscathed, but now, news reports indicate that the Mafia will be moving in on the town.  Indeed, they might even be here already!  The citizens of Port Temperance will soon find out, and they can only hope that they will survive the experience.  Introduce yourselves!  Mingle!  Socialize.  Then go to bed... and hope you make it until morning.

Port Temperance.  Population: 12 (9 Citizens, 3 Mobsters, 1 P.I., 1 Vigilante, 1 Doctor, 1 Bodyguard)
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Avi

//And just as a reminder, any and all PMs between players should also be sent to me. :D  I need entertainment, and it is great to watch how things play out behind the scenes.  Just add me as a recipient, and make sure to hit Reply All when you're corresponding.  Thanks!

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Avi on June 27, 2009, 06:10:06 PM
//And just as a reminder, any and all PMs between players should also be sent to me. :D  I need entertainment, and it is great to watch how things play out behind the scenes.  Just add me as a recipient, and make sure to hit Reply All when you're corresponding.  Thanks!
((If you're doing that, it'd be cool to post a bunch of the logs when the game is done, for our amusement. Like people on reality shows watching the show when it is done and realizing they're idiots. :P))

Avi

((Heh, dunno if I've got the time for that, but... we'll see. ;)  For sure, I'll post the nightly occurences at the end, so we can see how things progressed.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Avi on June 27, 2009, 06:13:29 PM
((Heh, dunno if I've got the time for that, but... we'll see. ;)  For sure, I'll post the nightly occurences at the end, so we can see how things progressed.
((Well then, also forward everything to me as the game goes on, and I'll post it all at the end? :P ))

Rhapsody

( Are you going to keep a running tally of who's left and what roles are left? )

Rhapsody closed up her dress shop and counted out the cash she had made that day.  It wasn't much, but times were hard everywher,e and she was lucky to have a profession people would pay to use.  Nervously, she glanced around at the other people on the street -- there had been rumors of the mob moving into the town, and though those rumors were as-yet unsubstantiated, she had no real desire to see them become a reality.  Paying those thugs protection money on top of buying food and paying rent would bankrupt her.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Avi

((Can't really do all of that, since you're playing. :P  Okay, I'll record the PMs, and if anyone's interested, I can e-mail them the Word file at the end.

Avi

Quote from: Rhapsody on June 27, 2009, 06:17:15 PM
( Are you going to keep a running tally of who's left and what roles are left? )

Yes, I will.  *nods*  I'll start the tally once the game truly gets going.

Saku

Quote((If you're doing that, it'd be cool to post a bunch of the logs when the game is done, for our amusement. Like people on reality shows watching the show when it is done and realizing they're idiots. :P))

Ooooh yes yes! I like Music's idea! I want to see when the game is over :) xD hehehehee FUN!

Saku looks around warily, wondering who the mobsters might be that are either in town or are coming to town but has the sneaking suspicion that they are already here and mingling amongst the population of Port Temperance. She'd have to track them down and figure out if she could get a part of the action! Saku was tired of being just a normal citizen and wanted to do something fun for once.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

MusicNeverDies

Music sat in the living room of her home, on the thick windowsill meant just for reading. In her hands was a tattered copy of Moby Dick. She looked out the window with a small sigh as the night lingered in the sky, waiting to overtake the falling sun. Night was coming and Music really didn't want to have to deal with the night. Those mobsters who were said to have moved into town would most likely operate under the cover of the darkness. Bookmarking her page and sliding her feet off the ledge, she stood, leaving the curtains behind her open. Perhaps she'd get a glass of water and watch the sun go down. Or watch her lawn and shoo away anyone nearby who looked suspicious, try to avoid letting anyone get killed on her property, thank you very much.

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Avi on June 27, 2009, 06:17:44 PM
((Can't really do all of that, since you're playing. :P  Okay, I'll record the PMs, and if anyone's interested, I can e-mail them the Word file at the end.
((I was mostly kidding about doing it as the game is going. :P I'd volunteer to organize the stuff and post it at the end. ))

LadySky

LadySky turned off all the lights of her little pie store. Another long day but productive day. Being sure to lock up tightly she made her way to the local dance hall for a few dances before bed. Nothing like a sweaty man rubbing up on her to make her happy she was sleeping alone.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Saku

Saku meanders around aimlessly as she waits for something fun to happen...
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Teno

'Damn, the mob here?' Teno heard the rumours flying about, and began to look over his shoulder near every corner shop. He was especially of the Italian diner across the way, which seemed to be doing much business, and entered the club. He sat at the bar and bought a drink, looking over the patrons.

Avi

((Gonna give everyone a chance to post an initial spiel before turning it to night, just so everyone knows. :)

Marguerite

Marguerite got back after banging a few bucks out of some goons to supplement her drug addiction. Her drug of choice Chocolate was bleeding her dry and it looked as if her teeth needed a good brushing tonight.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Madalina

Was not overly concerned about the mobsters. She was way too cute for killing. So after only a half hearted survey of the people in the bar that she had just entered, she takes a seat at the bar and orders herself a drink.

Eliza

Eliza had walked into the bar after cleaning up at the pizza parlor, checking to see if she had left her apron on. As the doors of club creaked, every head in the place turned, some rather quickly and some subtly. After feeling the tension in the club, she made her way to the bar, ordering a cold beer to cool herself down.

LadySky

Making her way through the steadily growing crowd she spotted Marguerite and slid up beside her.

"Got a Chocolate Pie just for you Marg if you'll dance with me." she giggled knowing Marg's weakness for the dark stuff.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Josietta

Josi pushed open the door to her small apartment home and sighed kicking off her shoes and tossing her keys into a small wooden bowl nearby. She had made it through one more day at that tiny diner and her feet were aching. She turned on the hot water to fill her tub and went to get a quick bit of cheese and fruit  as well as a glass of wine (something rather cheap and not very tasty but did the work to relax her well). She would spend her evening soaking in the tub and hopefully wouldn't pass out doing so, before finding her way out for a night cap and hopefully find a nice gentleman as well. She had been lonely most nights and a good man was hard to find these days. She had heard the rumors as well, flying through the cafe doors as quickly as the lunch our traffic. She paid it no mind and just relaxed, then went on her way to find a good source of entertainment for the evening.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Avi

(Hmmm... alright.  Unless anyone else wants to post, I will advance the time at around 6pm central time, and we'll find out who's the first to get a bullet to the head. ;) )

LadySky

Aiden

Aiden was one of the local boys, his roots dug deep in Port Temperance. All his life he had lived as a dock hand at the pier, going to school and aspiring to make something of himself. Law was his calling, working his way to become a law clerk in port, slowly until he became one vicious defense attorney. In the past few months he was hoping to add a new title to his name, now that the town was in need of a new mayor he hoped his dedication to the law was enough to give him the upper hand over everyone else.

After a full day of work he reported to the local watering hole and ordered a drink to calm the nerves and enjoy the evening. He smiled at those who looked his way and offered conversation to those who wanted to chat. The recent talks of mobsters was unsettling, such a calm town, he hated to imagine those the slimy sons-of-bitches within the citizen population.

Avi

((Alright, since I am going to be out to dinner and might not be back exactly at six, I am going to advance time now.  I have sent the PM out to the Doctor, and as soon as I get their answer back, I will tell you has (or hasn't) been whacked.))

The citizens of Port Temperance milled about for a while longer, most of them staying out late at the bar or the club until well past midnight.  Then, after a long night of revelry, they head off to their homes and sleep, unaware of what the next day may bring.

Avi

The next morning dawns bright and clear.  A beautiful morning by every standard.  However, as the citizens of Port Temperance gather for their daily town meeting, it is quickly discovered that Teno is not among you.  Splitting into groups, you search high and low for the unfortunate man, and finally, Aiden and LadySky find him... sort of.  It is clear that he's dead, and that he was just an ordinary Citizen.  His body is beaten and bloody, seemingly with the help of a baseball bat, and around his neck, the telltale bruising of a garrote wire can be seen.  Cause of death:  Blunt trauma and asphyxiation.

Once his body has been carried to the morgue, it is determined that the business of the day is two-fold.  First, a town mayor needs to be elected.  Second, it is clear that the Mafia is in town, and someone must die for Teno's senseless murder.  Good thing that the town's electric chair is prepped and ready.

Port Temperance.  Population: 11.  (8 Citizens, 3 Mobsters, 1 Doctor, 1 Vigilante, 1 P.I., 1 Bodyguard)

//Alrighty, time to elect a Mayor!  After that... *evil cackling*  The paranoia begins.