Hunger Games

Started by Queen Elsa, June 08, 2012, 10:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Elsa

Hi guys! I loved The Hunger Games, both the movie and the book, and I've always wanted to write my own version of it, but I need your help. I honestly have no idea about what I want to do for characters, but we can work on that together. All I know is that both of the main characters will be female (Due to a flaw in the lottery system.) Just post on here of you're interested and we'll work out the details together. I need someone reliable who won't just disappear for a whole day or more without telling me. I understand that people get busy, so if you're going to be gone for more than a day, then just shoot me a quick message please. My preferred form of contact is IM, but I'm willing to compromise. Thank you, and have a nice day.

jake one

Well the obvius would be.one like catnis but i think i would go with one more like her old freind  from district 12. Just my  opinion

Queen Elsa

Quote from: jake one on June 09, 2012, 09:29:47 AM
Well the obvius would be.one like catnis but i think i would go with one more like her old freind  from district 12. Just my  opinion

Well, I was more thinking to do brand new characters.

jake one

Well how about you make a charecter who is a reble souldier or something. Use that as a base

Queen Elsa

Quote from: jake one on June 09, 2012, 05:29:39 PM
Well how about you make a charecter who is a reble souldier or something. Use that as a base

The people who participate in the Hunger Games are ages 13-18. I wanted to writes own version.

Akelah

Well, if I am understanding you correctly, I believe the first order of business would be to decide what district they'll be from, their character outlines, families, ect. I would be glad to lend some help if you want it. It sounds interesting.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 06:54:27 PM
Well, if I am understanding you correctly, I believe the first order of business would be to decide what district they'll be from, their character outlines, families, ect. I would be glad to lend some help if you want it. It sounds interesting.

Cool! Pm me?

Akelah

Ah, there is the misfortune. I have not been approved therefore I do not think I am able to. I apologize.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:07:07 PM
Ah, there is the misfortune. I have not been approved therefore I do not think I am able to. I apologize.

Oh. Lol. No worries. We can work on it here.

Akelah

Oh good ^^ I was worried that you wouldn't want to. So, what are your ideas so far on what I suggested should be started on first?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:16:28 PM
Oh good ^^ I was worried that you wouldn't want to. So, what are your ideas so far on what I suggested should be started on first?

I think that we should start with which district they'll be from.

Akelah

Sounds good. Okay do you want them to be untrained or trained for the games? (trying to narrow down the district choices)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:32:20 PM
Sounds good. Okay do you want them to be untrained or trained for the games? (trying to narrow down the district choices)

Untrained. I hate the districts that illegally train their tributes.

Akelah

That eliminates districts 1,2, and 4 right off the bat. Hmm... do you have any specific traits you want them to have, talents, trades?

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:42:24 PM
That eliminates districts 1,2, and 4 right off the bat. Hmm... do you have any specific traits you want them to have, talents, trades?

I'm thinking either District 9 or 10.

Akelah

Quote from: Naruhinagirl on June 09, 2012, 07:46:56 PM
I'm thinking either District 9 or 10.

Both are excellent choices as not much is known about them and it gives lots of wiggle room. Besides that, they are both viewed as fairly weak having lost practically in the beginning every time of the hunger games. The tributes from 10 would most likely be hardier, stronger, and more experienced with animals. 9 more adept at identifying plants perhaps; so more than likely good at surviving on the terrain.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 07:55:57 PM
Both are excellent choices as not much is known about them and it gives lots of wiggle room. Besides that, they are both viewed as fairly weak having lost practically in the beginning every time of the hunger games. The tributes from 10 would most likely be hardier, stronger, and more experienced with animals. 9 more adept at identifying plants perhaps; so more than likely good at surviving on the terrain.

I think 9 would also be a good choice, because we could have it set in the next year of the Hunger Games, and have them determined to win to honor Rue.

Akelah

Ah, I like it  :-). They could also have better agility...good choice. Now. You said two females, correct? Do you want them to be similar to be able to team upeasily or polar opposite to the point they can help and play off each others weakness to be a great team but with problems. There is also the other option of having an in between.

Queen Elsa

Well, first of all, once you get approved, are you going to want to help me write this bad boy? :)

Akelah

As a roleplay or an actual story? (Sorry if I disappear for a while, I'm almost leaving for dinner. But I will be back within two hours if you are still on)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 08:12:10 PM
As a roleplay or an actual story? (Sorry if I disappear for a while, I'm almost leaving for dinner. But I will be back within two hours if you are still on)

Thanks for letting me know. :) And I don't really see the difference between the two.

Akelah

Well I'll try to keep helping as much as I can through it all, because it sounds very interesting. But life throws its' curve balls and I might have to drop it but I don't see that happening. If it ever does though, I'll be sure to message you at least a few days in advance. (That's all if I get accepted, but while I'm not I'll keep helping you)

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 08:17:53 PM
Well I'll try to keep helping as much as I can through it all, because it sounds very interesting. But life throws its' curve balls and I might have to drop it but I don't see that happening. If it ever does though, I'll be sure to message you at least a few days in advance. (That's all if I get accepted, but while I'm not I'll keep helping you)

:) Thanks! Same here!

And to answer your question earlier, take what you will from this: I want one to be a shy smart bookworm, whole the other to be an average-intelligent, very physically strong, bold, and brash person.

Akelah

Very good idea, I certainly tend to lean more to those types of relationships when writing. (Sorry I left abruptly.) Okay appearances and names next. In my opinion it would be amusing to give the brash one some sort of endearing feature in her appearance so it becomes a pet peeve to her, takes people off guard for her personality, and altogether adds a few laughs here and there. The shy one could go several ways.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: Akelah on June 09, 2012, 09:48:05 PM
Very good idea, I certainly tend to lean more to those types of relationships when writing. (Sorry I left abruptly.) Okay appearances and names next. In my opinion it would be amusing to give the brash one some sort of endearing feature in her appearance so it becomes a pet peeve to her, takes people off guard for her personality, and altogether adds a few laughs here and there. The shy one could go several ways.

Can you explain what you mean about the brash one more in depth please? I don't quite understand, to be completely honest.