News:

Main Menu

Meaningful words

Started by Aeval, January 05, 2011, 01:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeval

"Laughter is the greatest weapon we have and we, as humans, use it the least."
Mark Twain

"Laugh at yourself and at life. Not in the spirit of derision or whining self-pity, but as a remedy, a miracle drug, that will ease your pain, cure your depression, and help you to put in perspective that seemingly terrible defeat and worry with laughter at your predicaments, thus freeing your mind to think clearly toward the solution that is certain to come. Never take yourself too seriously."
Og Mandino 

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

"You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair," said Anne reproachfully. "People who haven't red hair don't know what trouble is."
-Anne to Marilla in Anne of Green Gables
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

Aeval

I don't know who wrote this..but..reading it just made me smile!

Good girls may go to heaven...
but BAD girls go to Paris!     ;D

“Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters.”
― Neil Gaiman

Drow Denizen

"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one."
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Aeval

Most of the greatest achievments and the greatest joys in life come through relationships that are transformational.
Stephen Covey

― Neil Gaiman

Lain

"Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are." - Kurt Cobain

My Heritage Is Rebellion.

Fae Brin

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
-Mark Twain
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 

Aeval

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Albus Dumbledore
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

*I just returned from the Harry Potter Theme Park at Universal..it was amazing! Rumor has it-they are talking about extending the Park!! YAY!! oops..but..shhhh! Don't tell anyone!   ;D

― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

Who is there left to tell when you've told the entire world?

Aeval

The ENTIRE world lives in E! I didn't know that! Someone should tell Veks!!  ;D

― Neil Gaiman

Fae Brin

-shrug- Well, the entire world can visit E and see that single post. -nodsnods-

Tagnizkur

Meaningful words

"When all the world is desolate and grey a child's serene smile makes it a better day."

Aeval

Quote"When all the world is desolate and grey a child's serene smile makes it a better day."

Lovely words, Tagnizkur- thank you.. 

― Neil Gaiman

Serishen

Pity is a pitiless emotion.

I dreamt this up one evening while typing up a rather amoral tale of star-crossed lovers.
“Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow...” - Lawrence Clark Powell

Fae Brin

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Mark Twain

WyldRanger

“when all this started, I asked myself, 'Am I going to withdraw from the world, like most people do, or am I going to live?' I decided I am going to live-or at least try to live-the way I want, with dignity, with courage, with humor, with composure.” - Mitch Albom

Aeval

Yesterday is experience, tomorrow is hope... today is getting from one to the other.

I don't know who wrote it, but it made me think..

― Neil Gaiman

WittyShrew

"The question that sometimes drives me hazy: Am I, or the others crazy?" - Albert Einstein

Makes me think of myself lol ._.

WyldRanger

These were phrases that were grouped together on a poster that I saw this evening. I did not have enough time to get them all down, but these are the ones that really caught my eye:

-Strive for excellence, not perfection
-Compliment three people a day
-Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them
-Be forgiving of yourself and others
-Rekindle old friendships.

Fae Brin

Fae Brin

Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire.

-François de La Rouchefoucauld

Event Horizon

"The Disneyland imaginary is neither true nor false; it is a deterrence machine set up in order to rejuvenate in reverse the fiction of the real. Whence the debility, the infantile degeneration of this imaginary. It is meant to be an infantile world, in order to make us believe that the adults are elsewhere, in the "real" world, and to conceal the fact that real childishness is everywhere, particularly amongst those adults who go there to act the child in order to foster illusions as to their real childishness".

- Jean Baudrillard.

(Yup, I like my eggs postmodern on breakfest).

Oniya

The Paradoxical Commandments

by Dr. Kent M. Keith

1    People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
    Love them anyway.
2   If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
    Do good anyway.
3   If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
    Succeed anyway.
4    The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
    Do good anyway.
5    Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
    Be honest and frank anyway.
6    The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
    Think big anyway.
7    People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
    Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8    What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
    Build anyway.
9    People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
    Help people anyway.
10    Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
    Give the world the best you have anyway.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aeval

"Happiness is a gift we give to ourselves…"
I went looking for something that spoke to this philosophy...and found it! It's long..but I wanted to share..
There are many things in my life that have not gone as I thought they would..and I could be a very bitter person..but I choose 'happiness' ..as often as I can..It is not an easy thing to focus on the postitive. Each day, I make the effort to see the glass half full..and not half empty..
ENJOY!
http://suddenlysinglejourney.com/2010/09/23/happiness-is-a-gift-we-give-to-ourselves/

― Neil Gaiman