Why did you choose your current avatar?

Started by Moraline, December 17, 2012, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

I wanted to wish E and its wonderful members a Happy New Year. :D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

CriminalMindsFan

Wanted one to reflect that I'm a fan of the show Criminal Minds!

Moraline

<-- Because I popped on late last night and I was a little bit tipsy. It matched my mood - Festive and silly.

Moraline

<--I changed it yesterday to this because I felt goofy still.
<-- Now I'm slowly getting back to normal but tonight might see that change. It's new year's eve!

Moraline

diamonedsky

Because right now, I'm craving...

Quote from: diamonedsky on January 01, 2013, 02:07:36 PM
...a new book to dive into, get lost in, and obsess over.

:D
O/O   ☆   A/A   ☆   Avatars
Van Halen - Tattoo

Silver

It's has gray and was quite pretty... (Also oddly mirrors someone else's when you think about it..)
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Wistful Dream

Something fitting for the new year and sort of where I am with my life at the moment. I'm utterly in love with this one, I had to be to change from the previous [which I will likely go back to] and I don't plan to change anytime soon.

Caehlim

This avatar is absolutely perfect for me.

This guy is my perfect ideal of beauty.
It's not a ridiculously exaggerated pose.
He's fully dressed (just can't get into naked avatars myself, I feel underdressed wearing them).
And the photo is kindof artsy.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Caeli

Quote from: Caehlim on January 02, 2013, 08:26:57 AM
This avatar is absolutely perfect for me.

This guy is my perfect ideal of beauty.
It's not a ridiculously exaggerated pose.
He's fully dressed (just can't get into naked avatars myself, I feel underdressed wearing them).
And the photo is kindof artsy.

He's sexy :D (I hope that wasn't creepy. It wasn't meant to be; more of an observation than anything else.)

Very nice choice, Caehlim. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Mingnon

“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

Revelation

It feels a little bit whimsical and looks quite pretty at least in my eyes.

Caehlim

Quote from: Caeli on January 02, 2013, 04:59:51 PM
He's sexy :D (I hope that wasn't creepy. It wasn't meant to be; more of an observation than anything else.)

Well, I agree, so I guess if it's creepy at least we can both be creepy together.

QuoteVery nice choice, Caehlim. :-)

Thankyou.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Lexandria

The giraffe is my favorite animal, and this picture makes me happy for some reason.

Tentatively accepting a few new stories
Interests
Schedule
Creative Things
Current Cravings

Oniya

It's the fault of the 'How often do you notice avatars' thread. 

O:)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moraline

HAHA!  Oni, when I first looked at your avatar I thought it was saying, "boring." I was like, "what?"

Saidi

I admit it I'm a bit of a sucker for book cover artwork.  Specially fantasy art.  Luis Royo has always been my favorite in that aspect.  I've also always had this thing for romance novel covers.  Some can be pretty cheezy, but I do like Jon Paul's work.  So most of my avatars with the exception of two have been JP works so far.  I like the ongoing theme I have going on. 

With this one, I really liked the way their bodies seemed to fit together.  To me, the image is passionate and captivating.  That and I love her hair. *nod*
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. --Victor Borge

Help me revive my muse?

Oniya

Quote from: Moraline on January 03, 2013, 01:49:51 PM
HAHA!  Oni, when I first looked at your avatar I thought it was saying, "boring." I was like, "what?"

That's the problem with putting text into a frame-by-frame animation.  1/24 of a second is probably a little too short to read.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Caeli

Quote from: Oniya on January 03, 2013, 02:28:19 PM
That's the problem with putting text into a frame-by-frame animation.  1/24 of a second is probably a little too short to read.

I was able to read it when I was actually watching and focusing on your avatar; not so much when I was simply glancing at it, or saw it while reading a post. Definitely hard to catch if you're not actually watching for the text.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Madriv

My thought process...

My avatars represent me OOC to a lesser extent (they are always male) and me IC to a greater extent (they are usually one of my preferred character "types").  I rarely use photos of film/TV characters unless I'm trying to play that character in a game OR I'm in fanboy mode. I prefer photos to art.  I like "eye candy" images (attention whore? me?) but I want to see a face, a whole person.

For this guy in particular - I like the fact that he's older. And he has a sneaky smile. And he's doing a little homage to "A Clockwork Orange" with the hat and guyliner.

And I'll probably change it by the end of the day.

InariShiftskin

I picked my Avatar, because I painted it! Well, and because the redhead is one of my oldest and most-often used characters.

Oniya

InariShiftskin