Black Sails, Dark Water (Freeform, Pirate/Supernatural) [Recruitment]

Started by Kakihara, January 26, 2024, 08:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustic

Damn, I shouldn't but this seems interesting.

Is it alright if we haven't seen black flags?

Kakihara

Quote from: Rustic on January 28, 2024, 07:29:30 AMDamn, I shouldn't but this seems interesting.

Is it alright if we haven't seen black flags?
That is fine as it's more inspired by the show since I've made a number of changes to make it my own.  

Kakihara

Ok, Character sheet is up and I've added more info into my world building thread so moving this to Recruiting. Forgot to mention feel free to PM me character sheets for approval or you can post them in the thread.

Edit: A character sheet example.

Name: Esteban Ruiz de Olivares
Nickname: The Castilian
Sexuality: Pansexual
Blood Status: Human
Ethnicity: Spaniard.
Occupation/Rank: Merchant, representative of the Castilian Trading Company

Height: 6’2”
Weight: 156 lb
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Features: Has a small scar on his chin and a larger one on his chest from some youthful indiscretions.
Face Claim: Rodrigo Santoro

Personality: Proud | Sensual | Cynical | Brash | Confident | Inquisitive | Protective

History: Born the youngest brother of four, he knew he was spoiled and enjoyed the privilege of being the youngest child.  With two brothers and a sister, he enjoyed a lot of protection and was quite wild from his early years.  Exploring the world, he went far and wide though his parents started to restrict him after too long as news of the Fae reached them, worried about what might be out in the woods anymore.   He was angry at first at the Fae for causing him issue but then he began to wonder why they were so bad he couldn’t go exploring, a question that would dog him for a long time.

As he got older, he never really stopped being a bit wild, especially when the hormones started to kick in.  He first expressed interest in one of their maids who helped teach him about a new world before the family fired her, having caught them in the pantry.  It was his phase of enjoying older women and now that he had a taste he got himself into more than a little trouble entertaining some wives of the wealthy merchants in town.  They were bored and neglected and he had the energy and time, so he didn’t really see the problem.  Still, it was the reason for his scars having had to escape more than his fair share of angered husbands. 

When his family started to get in involved into the family business, he had little heart for it as he knew he would never inherit it and his brother, the one who did, never liked him.  So when his brother took things over, he was surprised to learn that he was being sent to the colonies to set up shop for the trading company, knowing it was more to get him out of the hair as well as a dispute over the direction of the trade. His brother wanted to invest some ships into the slave trade but Esteban saw no good reason for it.  He hated sea travel and it was a miserable experience.  And the colonies were even worst as they had a puritanical feel where as he cold never fully understand religion, nor how it could excuse certain acts.  He’d been raised hearing his grandfather rail against he Moors and yet his own family justified treating people like cattle.

When word reached him about a need for merchants in Nassau, with few willing to do business under recent circumstance, he decided to open an office in the city, leaving the colonies to a trusted aide.  It sounded much more interested, even if it meant more sea travel, and a chance to make his own name.  Setting up a small office, he is one of the few traders left to take pirate plunder and sell it elsewhere as legitimate wares.

Weapons: An ornate rapier – he’s trained in swordsmanship at a young age, enjoying the game but he’s not well versed in bloodying a enemy in a real fight.

Skills/Abilities: Merchant Connections -He is one of the few left in town that can sell pirate plunder, allowing him to offer low and sell high.
Fencing – He spent many a day practicing the art if only for the dashing affect, and the women watching.
Charm – he is ultimate a lover and not a fighter, he much prefers to talk things out than resort to violence.

O&Os: O/O

Miss Nyx

Love the show… and this game premise. I really shouldn’t take on anything else BUT I say that every time I see an interesting group pitch hahahahah!

I’ll be lurking. 😏

FyreFoxx

Quote from: Miss Nyx on January 28, 2024, 11:11:38 AMLove the show… and this game premise. I really shouldn’t take on anything else BUT I say that every time I see an interesting group pitch hahahahah!

I’ll be lurking. 😏

*prods the lurker*
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Rustic

Quote from: Kakihara on January 28, 2024, 10:42:41 AMThat is fine as it's more inspired by the show since I've made a number of changes to make it my own. 
Great! It is on my to-watch list. But it has been for years, heh.

Can't do the sheets right now, but do you mind if I reserve Karl Urban and Orlando Bloom?

Revna

FC post soon to follow will be character sheets

Michele "Mia" Alves
Meghann Preddy

Kakihara

Quote from: Rustic on January 28, 2024, 01:43:25 PMGreat! It is on my to-watch list. But it has been for years, heh.

Can't do the sheets right now, but do you mind if I reserve Karl Urban and Orlando Bloom?
No worries.  Added to FC reserved

Quote from: Wicked Emi on January 28, 2024, 01:48:38 PMFC post soon to follow will be character sheets

Michele "Mia" Alves
Meghann Preddy
Also added to FC Reserved

Rustic

Revna

♬ ♪ ♫ 𝓝𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓼𝓪 "𝓢𝓲𝓼𝓼𝔂" 𝓜𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓱𝔂 ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬

Name: Nerissa Murphy
Nickname: Sissy by friends
Sexuality: Pansexual, has an addiction to muscles
Blood Status: Fae
Ethnicity: Siren
Occupation/Rank: Quartermaster

Height: 5'3''
Weight: 130-145 lbs
Hair Color: White
Eye Color: Hazel green/blue
Distinguishing Features: She has 139 V scars that she has clustered together in random spots, making it look as if she has bits of her scales showing in her human form. Each V that helps create the scales are kills she has personally done herself.
Face Claim: Meghann Preddy

Personality: Nerissa loves to joke around and is actually quiet understanding, chalking up most things as animals being animals or naughty little children who doesn't know any better. She is a happy-go-lucky type of girl who is more likely to flirt with you or make sex jokes than be serious. Great at talking people through what they are feeling and enjoys helping people.

She is also bat shit crazy who thoroughly enjoys hurting the people who don't want to talk it out. While she is understanding, she NEVER allows dogs to bite the hand that feeds them and will take her time torturing someone both mentally and physically as she is a sadomasochist in and out of the sack. Loyalty is there for those who earn it! She rides the fine line between chaotic good and chaotic neutral as she does have some morals but it's mostly just about herself or where her loyalty lies.

History: Nerissa is a siren, she doesn't have any memory of the before. Since returning, she had found new "people" to be around. Siren's were never exactly liked, even in the old world. Cruel creatures who are as likely to eat humans as fish. Quickly, she decided to join along with Adrastos crew as living an honest life was never truly appealing to her. Joining a ship that favored the fae and actually treated with respect, she joined and moved up to right below the quartermaster in just one year. Her personality won most of the crew, bringing smiles and sex back to the ship really did wonders! The few who couldn't seem to like her for whatever reason was ruthlessly killed and she had no problems claiming the kills as she always waited for the perfect time to kill them and not have everyone trying to return the favor.

First and foremost, she loved her quartermaster. Not romantically but she truly looked up to the man. He had saved her skin more times than she could count and while she was no damsel in distress, she didn't take saving her life lightly. It killed a piece of her when he died, she doesn't remember that night. She just remembers holding him, his blood was covering her lap and she kept singing the song of passage. Hoping her songs would send his soul to the shore and to see him again. That was her last memory before killing anyone who even smelled like his blood. The next morning, she had woken up to be completely covered in blood, kneeling and sobbing while clinging to her dead quartermaster. A few days later, she was named quartermaster which she takes the role as seriously as she can just for him.

Weapons: Twin daggers, a small satchel with all kinds of poisons and a pirates 5 ft snake skin whip.

Skills/Abilities:
Tidings: Can help push and pull the tide to help move things in the water faster, from boats to people.
Siren's song: Singing can help sway people's feeling. Such as, if she sings a happy tone than the whole atmosphere feels light and happy and most people will feel the urge to join in the merriment. The closer they are to her the stronger the feeling. If more than a few feet away it's barely noticeable.
Breathing Water: While in her human form, she can still breath while under water.

O&Os: O/O's
Top 5 Ons: Sadism, breath control, bondage, face sitting and power bottom.
Top 5 Offs: Being submissive, receiving anal, bathroom play, swallowing cum and giving rim jobs.
~*~

Cԋαɾσʅҽƚƚҽ "Mσʅʅყ" Nҽιʅʂ
Name: Charolotte Neils
Nickname: Molly
Blood Status: Fairyblooded
Ethnicity:
Huldra
The female Hudra are described as incredibly beautiful and seductive, but with the long tail of a cow and their back covered in bark. Huldra are wardens of the forest, part of a group of Ra that protect various different locations. The Huldra can disguise themselves as young women to walk in the world of men. The power of their illusion is only broken if someone sees their tail. They visit communities in order to lure young, unmarried men into the forest where they are kept as slaves, lovers, or sometimes the Huldra will suck the life out of them. If one of their victims is set free or escapes, they will forever live norswith the temptation to return to their captor.

Occupation/Rank: Prostitute, hoping to become head madam

Height: 5'5''
Weight: 150ish lbs
Hair Color: Real hair; black
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Features: Just her birthmark
Face Claim: Michele "Mia" Alves

Personality: Charolotte, who goes by Molly unless she actually trusts you, is a mix of the party girl and the girl next store type. She is quick to having fun, drinking, dancing and gambling. She almost always has a smile on her face and is genuinely friendly. She is the sweet lovers embrace after harsh weeks at sea. A vicious flirt who has some favorites but has never been in love and doesn't really believe it exists. It takes a lot for Charolotte to trust, when she does one will learn that Charolotte is actually quiet ambitious and a bit motherly as she enjoys taking care of people who actually cares about.

History: Charolotte comes from a decent enough family, they didn't starve and they owned a decent sized home. Growing up with only minor education, she still knew how to read and write as well as sew. Growing up, she always dreamed of falling in love and building a family of her own one day. That was dashed the moment the birthmark showed on her and her father's skin and her entire community rejected her and her father. Her father heard of Nassau and was able to get a ride among a boat of an old friend who at least understood that for fairyblooded and fae to leave their communities, they needed to be able to leave.

Once there, her father used his business knowledge from their life before to get into business with some of the shops and somewhat made a living at it. They were scrapping by when he died, they couldn't even afford the medicine to treat him. She had first started in the whore house as just a maid. Cleaning and refusing even the thought of trading sex for coin. However, as she saw more and more fairyblooded become rich with coin, food and wine; she finally decided she was done eating hard bread. Afterall, she was so far away from her previous life she may as well make the best of this new one as Molly!

Very few know her as Charolette and she only tells the trusted few her real name. While she loves to party and is starting to actually enjoy her newer life, she has her eyes set to head madam. Security without having to open her legs every night, the biggest room, top shelf rum! It may not have been the dream life she had as a child, but it is her only goal currently.

Weapons: She keeps a knife in her boot.

Skills/Abilities:
Seduce: She naturally leaks sex appeal, the closer you are the stronger it is. She also reeks of pheromones no matter how often she showers.

O&Os: O/O's
Top 5 Ons: Kissing, pussy worship, teasing/strip teasing, possessiveness and aphrodisiacs.
Top 5 Offs: Complete submission, bathroom play, non-con, gags and masochism.

shengami

Name: Edward Teach (né Thatch)
Nickname: Blackbeard, Firebeard, Blackfire
Sexuality: Bisexual
Blood Status: Faeblooded (Jinn)
Ethnicity: English/Irish+Persian
Occupation/Rank: Pirate Lord

Height: 6 feet (184 cm)
Weight: 225 lbs (102 kilos)
Hair Colour: Black going to Gray
Eye Colour:  light brown with fiery embers

Distinguishing Features: Sleeve of tattoos on right arm of arcane/geometric design laced with Celtic and Farsi words.
Face Claim: Taika Waititi

Personality: Edward is a deliberate and patient man. You have to be these things to learn to bind fire spirits and rule pirates. You also have to be intelligent and utterly ruthless. And he is all these things. But he is also loyal to those he trusts and passionate with those who are in his inner circle. Edward holds himself in a tight grip, controlled and tense. He has inherited a temper and fury from his work with fire spirits. He controls them and unleashes them upon his enemies, he fears losing control around his allies, friends, family, and lovers. He loves the smell and taste of burnt meat and strong whiskey.

History: Edward was born in Bristol England in 1680. His father was an English/Irish sailor and his mother was Persian and claimed descent from Jinn. Whatever the case, his mother taught him ancient words and spells in her language and showed him diagrams and symbols that, when he was young, were no more than playthings. Playthings that would prove useful when he got older. After all, even as others began to learn of their heritage through telltale signs, a Jinn so far removed from that source was only little more than human. Sure,, fire always liked him and a few lovers claimed to see actual sparks in his eyes, but that was all just hogwash, right?

At age fifteen, while his father was at sea, his mother died of pneumonia and Edward was left by himself. Armed only with his mother’s stories and his father’s passed on knowledge of seamanship, he signed on with the British navy and served on a navy vessel guarding merchant ships bound for the Caribbean. On one such journey, they were attacked by Spanish vessels and overtaken. Teach was taken prisoner. Fortunately, those Spaniards were then attacked by Benjamin Hornigold. Teach met a lifelong friend and mentor in Hornigold and soon served aboard his vessel.

Teach spent the next decade and more of his life serving aboard Hornigold's ships and learning. Eventually, when Hornigold retired, Teach took over one of the more impressive ships: La Concorde. He'd been captaining it for Hornigold for a few years at the point, but now it was his and renamed her Queen Anne's Revenge. Soon, he made a name for himself as ruthless and cutthroat. More than one ship surrendered when they saw it was his colors rather than run. Once, a ship's crew mutinied to surrender when their commander would not. Teach finds it amusing as he has never wantonly killed a man. Killed, for sure, but never without cause. He'd rather get what he wanted with little bloodshed and all satisfied. That mutinied crew ended up joining his own fleet. It certainly didn't help that he had started to realize that the ancient words and symbols his mother taught were real and working now. They'd been a comfort to him, a lullaby. So imagine his surprise when a spirit of fire appeared in his cabin. A Jinn who almost set his ship alight. But instead made a deal with Teach and started to show him more and more. He used his new found sorcerous skill to bind lesser fire spirit, salamanders, into objects such as the rope he twisted into his beard and his pistols. Fire didn't just like him now, it obeyed. But he was careful. As careful as he was with his crews, he was with these spirits. He recognized that they were, in a way, more powerful than him just as was his crew. He kept them appeased and never mistreated them. He made friends with them if he could. Teach was among the first of the pirate captains to advocate for fae inclusion in charters.

Within a few more years, Teach had a half-dozen vessels under his command and began spending more time at port accepting tribute than hunting the seas himself. He is also a rabid advocate of the fae.

Weapons: Five flintlock pistols in a brace over his chest, a cutlass, several knives or varying types and sizes, and a scattergun. Also, some items with bound spirits… tbd

Skills/Abilities: Teach is a consummate sailor, personal combatant, tactician, and naval commander. He has a mind for politics and navigation. He is also a budding hermetic mage who uses arcane practices to make contracts with and bind elemental spirits such as salamanders and ifrit/jinn.

O&Os: As with most my characters, see my personal O/Os as a guide.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

shengami

I played with his personal history a bit to fit the game. Real Blackbeard wasn't active as a lone pirate until 1717 or so it seems. Served under Hornigold until that one retired by taking a royal pardon around that age.

Anyway, that's Blackbeard by my imagination.

Lovely characters, Wicked.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Revna

Quote from: shengami on January 28, 2024, 05:13:27 PMI played with his personal history a bit to fit the game. Real Blackbeard wasn't active as a lone pirate until 1717 or so it seems. Served under Hornigold until that one retired by taking a royal pardon around that age.

Anyway, that's Blackbeard by my imagination.

Lovely characters, Wicked.
Blackbeard will have his hands full with my girls, between Sissy being a complete jokester probably joking with the sourpuss and Molly being the love making type xD

DeformedCatholic

Name:  Mandla Okala
Nickname: 
"Manny", "Oak", or "Stonetongue" 
Blood Status:  Fairyblooded- Troll Ancestry
Ethnicity: African
Occupation/Rank: Swabbie/Manual Labor

Height: 6'10
Weight: 342
Hair Color: Black, shaved bald
Distinguishing Features: His most distinguishing feature is probably his size - Barrel chested, broad shouldered, heavy enough to disrupt the balance of a small ship if he doesn't pay attention to where he's standing.  But he also has a collection of burn scars up and down his forearms (small, circular burns like from a cigar), and a large scar from a sword-strike across his shoulder blades.
Face Claim: Nonso Anozie

Personality: Manny is Quiet, preferring to listen rather than speak, which earned him the nickname "Stonetongue" from a particularly loquacious shipmate.  He's also Placid, willing to sit like the might mountain itself, waiting for the world to move around him until the time to act is right.  While he's often reluctant to enforce his will on others, Manny will always jump at the defense of someone who is smaller or weaker, as he's an especially Sympathetic sort.  In those instances, when he feels someone close to him or who he cares for has been wronged, he's ultimately Selfless, willing to sacrifice anything in order to see Justice through.  In his darkest hours though he can be Indecisive, sometimes when big events happen around him too quickly he gets overwhelmed and is unable to act. There's also a fair number of pirates out on the sea who would call the big man Gullible, but to him that's just seeing the best side of people instead of assuming the worst. 

History: Born in North-Western Africa to the Okala tribe, who had long ago brought troll ancestry into their tribe in order to protect themselves from outside forces. Manny was just 16 when he was captured by slavers and brought over the Atlantic to the West Indies.  At that age he was already a head taller than most full-grown men, so he brought a nice price for his owners in the slave markets.  He wasn't known for being docile early in his life, but any aggression was beaten out of him by his first owner at a sugar cane plantation.  Still he was able to tap into his reserves of power when he and his fellow slaves revolted on a slave ship that was meant to take them from Barbados to Kingston.  They took control of that ship and sailed it Nassau instead, declaring themselves free men and pirates. For the last 5 years he's been working on various ships as a deck hand and hired muscle.

Weapons:  Manny is usually unarmed, if a man his size with Troll-blood running through his veins can ever truly be described that way.  But he does often carry an instrument with him - an African drum known as a Djembe, which is dense and sturdy enough to be used as a bludgeoning weapon if necessary, and he's been known to improvise a weapon if the need arises.  

Skills/Abilities:  They say don't judge a book by it's cover, and typically that's good advice, but it turns out the skills of a large man who looks strong is that he's quite strong, although he often needs to recover in a dark shady spot in between feats of strength.  He also has an affinity to stone, and with just a touch of his large hand can tell you where a piece of stonework originated from, or what kind of use a stone would be best put to.  

O&Os: Ons: Reluctance and Dubious Consent (of self), Manhandling/Rough Sex (as instigator), After Care, Size Differences, Body Worship, Humiliation and Degradation (of self), Light Impact Play, switch but is more likely to be submissive in a D/s relationship but not especially drawn to them.  Offs: Dubious or Non-consent (of others), Scat, Humiliation/Degradation (of others), Blood, Extreme Pain, Pregnancy. Also see personal O/Os in signature.

Mediocre Author

I'm very interested in this game. I'll try making a character sheet tonight.

I assume it's still accepting players? How big is the planned group size?

Timeless

Quote from: Mediocre Author on January 28, 2024, 08:19:23 PMI'm very interested in this game. I'll try making a character sheet tonight.

I assume it's still accepting players? How big is the planned group size?

I assume Kakihara is still accepting players since he only just opened the recruitment thread, so you are more than welcome to make a character sheet!

But anyways, I would like to reserve Sobhita Dhulipala, please.

shengami

Hehe, some fun people showing up...

I will say that the personal fiefdom of Blackbeard is looking for lack- er, loyal subjects. Also, there's room on the Queen Anne's Revenge.

I might need to make a second character even though I don't tend to like that. Need assassins. hehe.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Revna

Nerissa is seeking her captain, willing to change who she joined crews with at the beginning to fit a little more!

Mediocre Author

Oh, if we are reserving faceclaims, I would very much like to reserve Vincent Von Thien

shengami

Quote from: Wicked Emi on January 28, 2024, 09:16:47 PMNerissa is seeking her captain, willing to change who she joined crews with at the beginning to fit a little more!
Alas, I already have a quartermaster. @FyreFoxx 

But, as a lord, Teach has several captains working under him. They need their own quartermasters. But if that is not to your liking, I understand.

Then again, two quartermasters fighting for my favor? what could go wrong? *taps chin*
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Sara Nilsson

Name: Minerva
Nickname: None
Sexuality: Straight
Ethnicity: Black
Occupation/Rank: Medicine Woman/midwife/"doctor"/whore (hopefully ex whore only but if things are tough)

Height: 5'5" (165cm)
Weight: 130 lbs (59kg)
Hair Color: Black
Distinguishing Features: Several scars from a whip along her back, if she has a choice they will always be covered up.
Face Claim: Samantha Colas

Personality: She tends to be a bit reserved around strangers, sure she has a smile on her face but it is more of a professional courtesy rather than a genuine smile. But if she gets to know someone she is a loyal friend and someone who will give you the shirt of her back if need be. She tends to be extra careful around white men in power due to her experiences, they have to work extra hard to get her to trust them. She firmly believes that if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well! No half assing it.

History: She has no idea where she was born, her mother where fleeing slavers at the time and she never spoke about who the father was. And Minerva never asked, it was clearly a very sore subject. When she was five her mother got a job as a serving woman with an English doctor. And much to Minerva's surprise the Englishman wasn't a horrible monster, she couldn't know that her mother slept with the man to sweeten the deal. And the young girl was soon given enough chores to be kept quite busy, first helping to keep the place clean, then help run errands and as she hit her teens she would help with the more menial of tasks. Mix medicines, help dress wounds, clean wounds. And through it all she watched, learned and listened. For she saw a way out, a way to not be a servant her entire life. As her mother said, you do what you have to do in order to survive. And while true she wanted more than survive! She always knew that she couldn't start anything on her own here, but she could hardly leave could she? The choice was all but taken out of her hands when her mother sadly passed away from a sickness that the good doctor couldn't cure. That is when the doctor told her in no uncertain terms that he expected her to take over his mother's place in his bed. The way he said it and now acted made her wonder if he ever really tried curing her mother or saw it as a chance to trade up to something younger. Naturally she said no and when she could walk again after the beating she got she stole what she could and ran off into the night.

And she ran, ran until she didn't know where she was even. Plying her trade where she could, offering herself for some money when that was what had to be done. Always paranoid about being hunted she jumped on the nearest ship and ended up among pirates. But finally having found a place that didn't seem to look down too much on her she settled down and even managed to start a small business as a healer.

Weapons: One flintlock pistol and a dagger.

Skills/Abilities:

Medicine - She is proficient enough to care for most ailments she can expect to come across. Setting bones, treating infections, deliver babies.

Singing - Much to her own surprise she has a pretty good singing voice and likes to sing when she thinks no one is listening.

Can't swim - Despite spending lots of time on boats she can't swim.

O&Os:

Player On/Offs

Revna

Quote from: shengami on January 28, 2024, 09:24:45 PMAlas, I already have a quartermaster. @FyreFoxx

But, as a lord, Teach has several captains working under him. They need their own quartermasters. But if that is not to your liking, I understand.

Then again, two quartermasters fighting for my favor? what could go wrong? *taps chin*
Nah, changes too much for her. But I appreciate it! I will keep searching for now or end up just making a pirate lord and putting them together

Mediocre Author

Name: Antonio Francisco D'Cruz
Nickname: "Tinker"
Sexuality: Het
Ethnicity: Mixed, three-quarters Portuguese and a quarter English
Occupation/Rank: Unemployed, seeking Master Gunner. He has experience as a blacksmith, but he does not want that job

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220lbs
Hair Color: Midnight Brown
Eye Color: Chocolate Brown
Distinguishing Features: A fist-sized tattoo on his left pectoral marks him as a member of the Spanish Navy. He has attempted to burn the tattoo off, and has mostly succeeded, leaving a seared scar. However, a careful inspection might reveal the true nature of the wound.
Face Claim: Vincent Von Thien

Personality: D'Cruz is clever and quick-witted. His mouth is likely to get him into trouble, but also capable of getting him back out again... mostly. He is capable of great violence, due to his time spent in the military, but he prefers peaceable answers when possible. He is driven and devoted, and he considers himself quite loyal, at least to those who have shown themselves worthy of loyalty. He does not handle his alcohol well at all, and as a result, he rarely touches the stuff.

History:  Antonio was born in the West Indies and was trained by his father to be a brass and iron smith until the age of 16 when he was forcibly conscripted into the Spanish Navy. There he learned to sail. He worked as a gunner (and occasionally a metal smith when required) for years until he finally deserted. He still fears that the Spanish will find him and either force him back into service or simply hang him for desertion. While in Cuba, he stubbled upon a man who was attempting to sell weapons to the Spanish naval officers there. Antonio borrowed on of the more valuable items, hoping that offering to a privateer captain would help secure him a place aboard. He hopes that the weapon will allow him to take the job of Master Gunner. He found his way to Nassau where he has been hiding in plain sight, waiting for a pirate ship to come in for repairs.

Weapons: Antonio wields a Court-sword, (a long, thin sword with a triangular blade intended for thrusting) and also has a ridiculous looking Duck-foot Pistol hidden beneath his coat. Lastly, he carries a Puckle-Gun in a burlap sack over his shoulder, but he cannot really fight with it, without spending the 5 minutes it requires to mount and prep it for operation.

Skills/Abilities: Some men simply accel at everything they are taught. Born into a metal worker's family, Antonio was trained to work with iron and brass as soon as he could walk. He always detested those skills, but he picked them up, just the same. He always preferred to let his quick wits and clever wordplay handle his problems for him, and that mostly worked fine until he was forced into military service. Royal Spanish Captains do not appreciate clever wit or a sharp tongue, unfortunately. Nevertheless, the Navy taught him fencing, marksmanship, and canon operation, and while he prefers nonviolent solutions, he is deadly when he has to be. Fluent and literate in Portuguese and English. Understands a bit of Spanish.

O&Os: Ons: Romantic pairings. HEAs. D/s. Dubcon/NC/R in either direction, either giving or receiving. Offs: Blood, scat, vore, extreme S&M. Underage.

Sara Nilsson