What are you watching right now?

Started by Inkidu, November 12, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRose

Watched Handmaid's tale the movie last night. Gosh the costumes are awful, esp. women. And the end is more faithful to the book, I'll say. I much prefered the show, but I liked it anyway since I'm such a fan. It definitely reignited my RP craving.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

Silo

AmberStarfire

Quote from: RedRose on January 08, 2019, 06:27:47 AM
Watched Handmaid's tale the movie last night. Gosh the costumes are awful, esp. women. And the end is more faithful to the book, I'll say. I much prefered the show, but I liked it anyway since I'm such a fan. It definitely reignited my RP craving.

I've read the book (years ago and I still remember it well), but haven't watched the tv show/movie/s yet. I've been thinking of checking it out though.

RedRose

Quote from: AmberStarfire on January 08, 2019, 07:43:03 AM
I've read the book (years ago and I still remember it well), but haven't watched the tv show/movie/s yet. I've been thinking of checking it out though.

Frankly it's rare, but the show is much better than the book
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

AmberStarfire

Quote from: RedRose on January 08, 2019, 03:42:43 PM
Frankly it's rare, but the show is much better than the book

Cool. I'll have to check it out then.

Lovely Complex

💋 On's & Off's 💋 F-List 💋

Silo

Lovely Complex

Quote from: Silo on January 08, 2019, 03:59:57 PM
American Crime Story: Versace
Love that show! Anything done by Ryan Murphy is good.

Lady Shadow

Miss  Congeniality 2 - Armed and Fabulous
Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
Ambition is like a V8 engine.
~Elvis Presley~

Lyron

Just finished watching season 2 of Kingdom after getting the first two seasons on DVD for Christmas. The beginning might be a bit rough, but it's a good show if you can at least tolerate watching fictional MMA matches. It strikes a nice balance between the fights and the plot, and it's left me feeling for each of the characters. Guess I'ma be dusting off my iTunes account for the last season.

M/M Players for Groups: A Registry

Music junkie here!
Love random song shares.
Anyone, any genre, any time.

Lady Shadow

Rhythm is something you either have or don't have, but when you have it, you have it all over.
~Elvis Presley~

Merry Gentry

“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

RedRose

AmberStarfire

Last night Wyld and I were watching the X-Files, Millennium and Dr Who.

I'm not watching anything right now today, but I might post here again when I do. I was watching the GoT teaser trailer earlier (again):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA38GCX4Tb0

Lovely Complex

Started The Walking Dead late last night, now on Season 2 Episode 11 :D

Lady Shadow

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
~Elvis Presley~

Merry Gentry

Hockey game ~ penguins vs bruins
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

Lovely Complex

Lady Shadow

~Elvis Presley~

RedRose

Childhood of a leader. Huge disappointment. The book is arguably one of Sartre's most powerful on the rise of fascism, but this movie just gave me (no pun intended) Nausea.

Twisted Crow

Merry Gentry

Grey's Anatomy from the past few weeks...

RedRose

Swann in love and Last Mistress (terrible translation). In both cases I prefer the movie and the first is one of those classics I just couldn't read. Love anything historical and intricate but  ???

Merry Gentry

RedRose

Senso (1954 - NOT 1945). The second is as vile as the first is fascinating though I want to slap everyone. Better than the book though.