News:

Main Menu

Tattoos

Started by HairyHeretic, May 17, 2007, 10:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akasha

I have to say, I'm a tattoo fan. I'd have a few, but just can't afford them at the moment.

I got one a few years ago on my shoulderblade (and it doesn't hurt much at all... or I have a high pain threshold). It was custom done and exactly what I wanted so I don't regret it at all.

I got a tiger cub, resting its head on its paws, which are holding a couple of roses. I lurves it so much. It was perfect for me.

The next one I want to get will be something that represents my daughter, with her name and d.o.b. under it. And maybe another small one to represent a new path I'm taking in my life at the moment.
I'm sweet, but not too sweet. ;)

Akasha's ons/offs

HairyHeretic

Quote from: KeyOfTwilight on July 17, 2007, 12:35:49 AM
Just remember one thing when you get a tatoo.  In the famous words of Jeff Foxworthy, you may get something like a hummingbird one day, but come later in life...

"But I don't wanna go to Grandma's!  She has a BUZZARD on her back!"

Scaring your grandchildren is all part of growing old disgracefully  ;)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Ray the Wicked

Dunno if you're still considering this as it's an old topic, but I thought I'd offer my two cents.  I've got one on my shoulder blade, sounds like about right where you were thinking.  It did hurt.  A lot.  It only took about twenty minutes (about 3 1/2 inch lightning bolt).  The initial pain isn't bad, but as it goes on, abrading the already swollen skin is unpleasant.  Still, I hear the longer it goes on the more endorphins kick in and it can be better.  I love my tattoo.  I'm planning to get another one and being really bold about it.  Putting it on my wrist.  I have the luxury of not having to work if I don't want to, so professionalism isn't a concern for me, of course having them where you indicated wouldn't be visible in the professional world anyway.

I waited a good year before I got my tattoo, and am so glad that I have it now.  It's a very good idea, of course, to check out the shop as far as cleanliness is concerned, but it's also really important that you like the artists style.  If you know anyone in your area that's gotten work that you like ask where they got it.  In my area most of the artists focus on that 'american' style which I'm not too crazy about.  I like something more artistic with simple lines and a more original style.  It took awhile to find someone that did this, but it was well worth it.

Hope you're happy with whatever choice you make.
Shut up Aslan!  Darth Maul already killed you!

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12060.0

Adult Fan Fic Archive: http://xmen.adultfanfiction.net/authors.php?no=1296815188

HairyHeretic

I got them, and am happy with them. I really ought to post the actual pictures of them. I'll maybe do that on Sunday evening when I'm back again.

I didn't find the pain that bad, to be honest.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Ray the Wicked

Awesome.  Congrats on them then.  Yeah it hurt but it wasn't like...sobbing hurt, for me at least *shrug*  I think mine was just long enough to hurt without being long enough to get happy endorphins.  Cruel cruel world.  :-)
Shut up Aslan!  Darth Maul already killed you!

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=12060.0

Adult Fan Fic Archive: http://xmen.adultfanfiction.net/authors.php?no=1296815188

HairyHeretic

I think mine took about 2.5 hours, all told. The second hurt more than the first, because the guy doing it took less time on it. I think he was pushing to get done with our appoitment, as his next had arrived. Was no real biggie though.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Jadedessence

I have a a steampunk/floral/tribal design right above my butt on the small of my back. Its kinda medium-small.
I like to think that your tattoos are the only art you take with you when you die.
It hurts a bunch, but its tolerable.
>.>
I'm a very art-full person.
[.Intro.]
[.Ons and Offs.]
Give me a message if you're interested. :D

The Lotus Eater

My father's a tattooist, and I've done a little work under his guidance myself, but I no longer have a huge desire to become one like I did when I was younger. I've designed a few tattoos, and I've done some work on my brother's back and my father's right wrist. Strangely enough, I haven't had any ink done myself... There's just no image that's meaningful enough to me right now. I'll give it some more thought of course, since my dad really is quite good and I want to get some work done from him before he gets too old and useless (the man smokes too much weed okay?)

But yeah, my brother's 2 years younger than me (20) and he's already got somewhere between 6 and 8 tats. I believe people when they say it's addictive. Also, he's not the kind of person to regret getting any of them done.
~~~

Serenity Vixen

I have a tattoo!!!!

Err... no I don't, I am to much of a wuss where pain is concerned to get one *Blush*

I just didn't want to be left out...

*Slaps on a lick-on tattoo and smiles proudly*
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

ZK

All of my tattoos are tribal in design and quite expensive. My boyfriend helped me out with it on the payments.

Why tribal? That way they're easier to connect and doesn't offend anyone of any religious significance unless they have something against tattoos all together. I like hypnotic swirls, marks, and such over that of "I love mom" and such branded on me.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Bliss

Yesterday I finally emailed the tattoo artist I want to go to for my first tattoo, to see about setting up an appointment. I've had the design kicking around for about 7 years now, and I still want it done, so I think that's a good sign that I'm not doing it spur of the moment.

But of COURSE yesterday the idea for another deeply personal image to get tattoo'd on me popped into my head, and I'm itching to figure out whether it'd be workable.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Serenity Vixen

Deeply Personal?

Sorry, I just had to ask :)

Don't mind me, I have been in a really weird, and nosy mood since Christmas :P
"I once tried to take over the world, but then I got distracted by something shiny"
"There are 3 kinds of people in the world. Those that are good at math, and those who are not"

Bliss

Yeah, it's a little convoluted to explain in an open thread without giving out lots of info about myself... but PM me, SV, and I'll tell you about it.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3