News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Monster Hunter interest check

Started by azzmeister89, November 10, 2012, 02:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShanaTheIV

How's this?

Name:

Appearance/Description:

Weapon of Choice:

Personally:

Background:

Sexual Preferences/Boundaries:

azzmeister89

Genbu83

You had me at Monster Hunter. It would be fun to play an rp in my favorite series.

Revenent

Name: Seiche

Appearance/Description:

Seiche

Weapon of Choice: Double-Edged Trident

This weapon happens to be made of a lighter material than lances, making it similar to but less effective than them on land. However, its design allows for much easier movement through water and the points are crafted specifically for piercing through the hides of aquatic monsters, so its efficacy lies mostly in river- and sea-based hunts.

Personality: Pragmatic yet proud, Seiche understands that her skills are situational and that she will generally have to join hunting parties rather than go alone if she wants to really succeed, but her pride as a hunter keeps her from letting others ever really "take the lead" over her. If she thinks she can handle something herself during a hunt, she has a tendency to rush off on her own to take care of it, much to the annoyance of her group. Show her the "proper" respect, though, and she can actually be very helpful and even friendly.

Background: Not surprisingly, Seiche was raised with swimming as a prominent factor of her life. Born in a village that sat on the bank of one of the largest rivers in the continent, fish was easily her people's largest source of food, and river monsters their foremost predator. Anyone above the age of 14, boy or girl, was expected to pick up a harpoon and join the hunts to ensure that the village got enough food, though only the fully grown hunters were ever allowed to go out and fend off attacking monsters. For Seiche, who prided herself as being the best hunter in her age group, it was a huge source of frustration that she was never allowed to show off her skills by putting herself into situations that were actually dangerous. By the time she was 17, she decided she had had enough and left the village, getting a new weapon and heading to more densely populated areas.

For the couple years, she relished the opportunity to really show off by going out and hunting alone, but, being not as effective against the land monsters, she ended up having to abandon more marks than she was able to bring down. She got better over time, but she still could only kill water-based monsters with any reliability, and that wasn't enough to pay the bills (or at least it wasn't enough to get her the best gear and make her super rich). So began her new quest: find people who she could hunt with (preferably not as good as her) and start bringing in the gold. Only time will tell how her new ventures will turn out.

Sexual Preferences/Boundaries: All genders are welcome, along with certain kinks; some light S&M play or bondage, maybe some other stuff. No blood, scat, or the usual stuff that people put boundaries on.

azzmeister89

Great character, i look forwards to seeing how she interacts with others, i'll be back and posting my cs later today. And then i'll start setting up the various threads

ShanaTheIV

I'll post one today as well. Dibs on the Kirin armor.

azzmeister89

They wont have anything quite as advance as kirin armor at the start

Revenent

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on November 18, 2012, 12:02:51 PM
I'll post one today as well. Dibs on the Kirin armor.

You just want it because every female Monster Hunter character picture out there has Kirin armor. :P

azzmeister89

Name: Reynik

Appearance/Description:

Weapon of Choice: uses either greatswords or (providing everyone else is ok with this weapon type) his duel tonfa's

Personally: Calm and friendly, he is generally easy to get along with, however his personality drastically changes at even the mention of Teostra or Lunastra

Background: originally born in a small mining town out in the volcanic regions he lived the first few years of his life in peace with his parents and older sister who was already training to be a hunter. one day however two very rare sup species of the Teostra and Lunastra attacked and destroyed the village, killing everyone in it, except Reynik, thankfully his sister who had been visiting relatives in the next village over was also able to escape death. she later went on to become a great hunter and even now is famous throughout the land as the first hunter to kill both a Teostra and a Lunastra on the same hunt, however they were only the origional versions, both siblings still await news of the Black Emperor and white Empress of flames.

Sexual Preferences/Boundaries: is a pretty straight forward heterosexual guy so there are a few things he might try, if you ask him nicely ;)

ShanaTheIV

Name: Ashe

Appearance

Weapon of Choice: Light bowgun

Personally: Ashe is somewhat of a loner. She is usually shy, bipolar and keep to herself, but also polite and even seemingly sweet. As a skilled huntress, she is a perfectionist and hates making mistakes, with is one of the reasons why she prefers to work alone. If curtain things are bothering her, or if her allies, or even herself starts doing unusually poor, she'll start criticizing, or even unintentionally rage. Ashe doesn't get angry too often, but when she does, she can hardly control it. A reason she is self conscious, afraid that she might offend others.

Background: Ashe was mostly raised in the wilderness throughout her childhood and mid-teens. Her parents, especially her father were strict in teaching her how to fight and fend for herself. Well she generally straggled over the years, she eventually caught on at the age of 14. She rarely teamed up with anyone other than her parents. She was taught that you can't afford to make too many mistakes during a battle, and teamwork could be more complex than rewarding. At the age of 16, when battling a certain monster, her father suffered a fatal blow when they were teaming up. Ashe managed to defeat it on her own, but her mother disowned her, saying that she failed to protect her father. This caused Ashe to generally train hard by herself, and sometimes avoided partnerships whenever possible. Though when she did, she would sometimes offend or scare off her allies with her hidden anger issues.     

Sexual Preferences/Boundaries: She has none at the moment do to being a virgin, but imagines to be bisexual with a slight interest in bestiality to a very specific extent.

azzmeister89

SargentToughie

Yeah... I'll make up a character real quick.

So, how much trouble would somebody like me have, since I've never played a monster hunter game before? I know the premise and I absolutely love it, but I've never actually played any of the games before.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

azzmeister89

Playing the games would be a benifit but not essential, as long as you can react to the quest gm's in a realistic manner. If you do need refrences then i would advise you search out monster hunter wiki and go into the freedom unite game page for info on monsters and weapons

SargentToughie

Alright, simple enough. I know the games aren't renowned for their plotlines as much as they are their kick-ass setting and concept.

Expect something up from me later tonight.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

ShanaTheIV

In your opinion, do you think Ashe needs a little more sex appeal, or is she fine the way she is?  :P

SargentToughie

She's fine.

That name is going to screw with me though.
Ons and offs

Revenent

What you need to know about Monster Hunter:

-Dinosaur/dragon monsters.
-Hunting for food, foraging/mining for materials to craft awesome gear. (Also using scales/claws/bones/etc. from fallen monsters to craft stuff.)
-Big, gorgeous hunting grounds.
-Spending twenty or thirty minutes tracking the big monster from area to area on the map as you try to whittle down its insane amount of health.
-Little cat people.

I think that covers it. Absurdly oversized yet realistically (to an extent) heavy weapons as well.

Quote from: ShanaTheIV on November 20, 2012, 10:11:25 PM
In your opinion, do you think Ashe needs a little more sex appeal, or is she fine the way she is?  :P

She's cute, so I think you're good.

azzmeister89

bumping! do we have anyone else who wants in?

Ravenhawk

Looking at the posts, I'm assuming this is NOT based on Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series of novels?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Correia#Monster_Hunters_series

azzmeister89

i'm afraid not, this is based on the game by capcom

SargentToughie

Name: Cairus Kainsweld

Appearance/Description:
appearance

Weapon of Choice: Longsword

Personally: Cairus tends to be a rather proud hunter, often taking things a tad more seriously then they need to be even when he's not out in the field. Due to his pride, he doesn't take well to people trying to 1-up him, and it can make him rather competitive as a direct result, as he tries to step forward and demonstrate that his abilities are to be respected. Due to this competitive nature and his desire to be validated in the eyes of his peers, other personalities that feed off of pride tend to clash with him and create a chain reaction of bad decisions. To friends, though, he is a very honest and dedicated hunter who's willing to put his best foot forward in every assignment given, though he secretly yearns to scale the ladder quickly and slay the strongest monsters for the sake of his own personal validation.

Background: Cairus was raised as the smallest and the weakest of the three brothers in his household, and since his family lineage hails from a long line of legendary hunters, it was only natural that every single brother would try their hardest to follow in their ancestor's footsteps (as well as those of their father) and try to be the next biggest hunter. The problem for Cairus was that there was a solid 4 year gap between him and his second oldest brother, and it was borderline impossible for him to actually keep up with his other two brothers as their abilities developed and the three of them grew older. During this time, where he struggled desperately for the acceptance and approval of his family, he swore that one day he would overcome them all, he swore that he would show them just how strong he really was. Childish as it may be, Cairus still goes out into every hunt to this day wondering if this will be the day that he gains the approval of his brothers and his father.

He doesn't like working in groups out of fear that having allies will somehow take away from the glory to be gained from a hunt, but he came to the understanding that some monsters simply can't be hunted alone, so he went out looking for a group to hunt with together. He knows that his thoughts on the matter are childish and silly, and he'll mask them the best he can, but it still bugs him, sitting at the back of his mind almost constantly while he's out fighting.

Sexual Preferences/Boundaries: Straight male with a bit of a dominant streak hidden under the surface, nothing all that new here.
Ons and offs

SargentToughie

*nudges*

Yo Azzmeister, any word on the approval of my character and/or the threads coming up?
Ons and offs

azzmeister89

hello, yes all characters are approved, i'm waiting for there to be a few more characters interested before i set things up, just one or two more should be enough to start

SargentToughie

You'd think that 4 would be enough, since it's a pretty comfortable number to just have 1 hunting party at all times.

Ons and offs

azzmeister89

i guess so, we can always add more hunters into the game later, ok expect the ooc and village thread up in the next hour or so