MarvelThrones:A Tale Of Spider's & Hulk's(Need Captain America, Phoenix, others)

Started by NubianLegend, May 05, 2015, 07:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NubianLegend

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on May 11, 2015, 11:18:04 PM
Well, perhaps it depends on what he can do to metal. Maybe he can simply weaken or strengthen metals density, enchant swords to fight for him. Or even whole suits of armor! But enchanting may need a solid moment of concentration. Things like this, instead of free reign control of metal. He is a mage, treat it like magic and reasonable limits can be met.

Though, I think his actual name is Eric. Magneto is a moniker, in this case a title.

This may work just as well imo. If he can use his powers the way you describe, he's in.

NubianLegend

I went ahead and added a power tiers section for future reference.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 12, 2015, 12:13:13 AM
I couldn't seem to get my muse to cook up anything for The Hulk :-/

That having been said though, I did come up with someone ;D

Armor
Username: Urbanzorro
Character Name: Ser Edward Charles Allan Brock
Canon
Physical Description:Standing at 7 feet tall and weighing in at over 400 lbs. Edward is made almost entirely of muscle and tends to tower over other men.
Sexuality: Heteroflexible
Role: Hedge Knight
What does your character desire most?: Revenge
Personal Philosophy: A frightened foe is an easy target
Notable Equipment & Weaponry:
The Black Armor An all black set of armor that Edward dons when the need arises.
The Manreaper A massive two handed war-ax that Edward often uses when facing large opponents.
Edward's Sword A large adamantium sword. Thanks to his large size and exceptional strength Edward is able to wield it either one handed or two handed. He often uses it when he feels he needs to be quick on his feet.
Mace A one handed mace that Edward uses in his off hand when wielding his sword with one hand.
Crossbow A simple crossbow that Edward carries for hunting game and shooting those who try to out run him.
Skills:
Educated
Mounted Combat
Dismounted Combat
Battlefield Tactics
Military Strategy
A List of Powers/Spells attributes of your character:
Bonded Shadow: Edward used the last of his remaining funds to pay a sorcerer to preform a dark right upon him. The ritual drew forth a creature of the shadows and bound it to Edward, granting him it's powers:
Enhanced Physique: Edward is stronger, faster, tougher, and has more stamina than is possible for a normal human.
Camouflage Capabilities: Edward is capable of mimicking the appearance of any form of clothing meaning that his clothing and armor are in fact parts of his body rather than actually separate items and can be altered or absorbed back into him at will.
Danger Sense: Edward can sense incoming physical attacks just before they happen giving him precious seconds in which to react.

Bio:
Ser Edward was the only son of Lord Nathanial Brock, one of Lord Petyr Parker's banner men. His mother had died during childbirth and as a young boy Edward showed a great talent for violence, a talent that his father taught him to embrace and improve upon. Edward's father insured that in addition to the mayster's lessons in reading, arithmetic, politics, and history Edward received training in combat from the house's best soldiers. Eventually Edward was sent off to squire for one of the knights serving under Lord Doom.

Once he had earned his knighthood Edward returned home and for the most part was allowed to do as he pleased within his family's lands. It seemed as if Edward would have a fine life of relative luxury and power. Until Lord Nathanial made a grave mistake. He chose to sell men into slavery despite the fact that it was forbidden by the laws of the realm.

As punishment Lord Petyr decreed that house Brock would be forced to purchase back the men it had sold, and that Nathanial would be sentenced to live out his days in exile upon The Wall. In response Edward's father made another mistake, he refused to submit to his sentence and instead rallied his forces against House Parker. Nathanial's rebellion was put down swiftly by the combined forces of House Parker and Lord Petyr's loyal bannermen. Edward was one of the few members of house Brock's forces to actually survive the battle. But in some ways it may have been kinder that he had died. His house was now ruined, stripped of its lands and titles, and left with no prospects to regain it's former status.

That was three years ago, and for the past three years Edward has traveled the land, making money though tournaments, mercenary work, and occasionally robbery. Ever seeking a way to regain his status and to take vengeance upon House Parker, who he blames for his family's fall from grace.
I pledge to: Currently No One, Though he is seeking a new Lord/Lady.

Hes's accepted. You can go ahead and post him. An interesting concept you went with there.

SweetSerenade

Those tiers are awesome. Seriously. I'm going to have to figure out my character placement on them. Lol. I was actually laughing because on the intelligence tier...I personally am rather high up there if you are using IQ ranges...

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Urbanzorro

Quote from: NubianLegend on May 12, 2015, 01:14:09 AM
Hes's accepted. You can go ahead and post him. An interesting concept you went with there.

Thanks, I tried to figure out a way to get Venom to fit into the setting ;D

Also, will you be figuring our characters placements on the power scales? Or shall we be doing that?

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 12, 2015, 01:21:11 AM
Thanks, I tried to figure out a way to get Venom to fit into the setting ;D

Also, will you be figuring our characters placements on the power scales? Or shall we be doing that?

Ravenmoon already went ahead and posted hers, I'll leave that up to the individuals to decide if they want me to handle it or do so themselves.

Lithium

Wouldn't it be a bit easier if we posted the grid in our character sheets rather than a different thread? Then we'd only need to reference one thread for character info instead of two.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Lithium on May 12, 2015, 01:32:58 AM
Wouldn't it be a bit easier if we posted the grid in our character sheets rather than a different thread? Then we'd only need to reference one thread for character info instead of two.

Yeah probably, but that's in hindsight. I didn't think there'd be SO many questions about how powerful people should or shouldn't make their characters before I made the character sheets. This power grid stuff exists only to clear up some of that confusion. I set some limits and defined some things that weren't defined before.

Lithium

Quote from: NubianLegend on May 12, 2015, 01:38:09 AM
Yeah probably, but that's in hindsight. I didn't think there'd be SO many questions about how powerful people should or shouldn't make their characters before I made the character sheets. This power grid stuff exists only to clear up some of that confusion. I set some limits and defined some things that weren't defined before.

Yeah, that's true. I didn't mean moving all of your info over from the power thread, just that we could each edit our grids into our character sheets like we did for the relationships. Not a huge deal either way, just thought it would be a bit easier for when we need to go back and check later.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Lithium on May 12, 2015, 01:44:43 AM
Yeah, that's true. I didn't mean moving all of your info over from the power thread, just that we could each edit our grids into our character sheets like we did for the relationships. Not a huge deal either way, just thought it would be a bit easier for when we need to go back and check later.

I get what you're saying and all, I just didn't want to add yet another thing to the character thread, then it would feel like a character sheet with a bunch of miscellaenous add-ons. You don't have to fill any of this stuff out, it's just for reference. This isn't mandatory but it is important to look at.

Garuss Vakarian

When should we start? It would be nice to get more interest, but we cant expect to get enough to fill all the roles. I think for now we can simply npc foreword, or at least make excuses for absences. I for one can NPC the House Rogers, and House Doom. IE: Knights and such that are not being played already.

Im not quite sure we need to address power levels, but will play along any way. I am of the DBZ mindset that powerlevels are meaningless. Merely a distraction towards the worth of the individual. (IE suddenly Goku is twice as strong and wins the day. :P ) But as long as we still have discourse on whom wins what, I am happy. I would dislike it if the coarse of a battle is decided on whomever has a higher stat, a war decided on whos intelligence is a mark higher.

Urbanzorro

I thought Doom had been claimed? If he hasn't I could play him.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

NubianLegend

Quote from: Urbanzorro on May 12, 2015, 10:44:16 AM
I thought Doom had been claimed? If he hasn't I could play him.

I thought so too, If I'm not mistaken he's claimed but haven't been officially posted yet.

RavenBlackmoon

Urbanzorro

I might be able to do a Tony, though I'm not sure I'd play him as a good guy. Probably more of a Tywyn and/or Stannis type character.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

RavenBlackmoon

SweetSerenade

I'm pretty sure Garuss is working on Victor Doom - even posted a 'stat' sheet for him? XD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Sirian Eve

I'm seriously thinking about playing as Madame Hydra...I need some bad in my life, Lol.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Elias

NubianLegend

RavenBlackmoon

I'm thinking about taking on one or two more characters. Where is there need?

I know Hulk is still open, but I am afraid if I play him he will be much more a Bruce Banner than a raging Hulk.

Garuss Vakarian

I do not know if any one else claimed Doom but I am interested in playing him. My main mindset is getting this all ready, but I am in love with the Greyscale idea we all had, which evolved from my lepracy idea. Any way, when I say npc houses, what I mean is I can pick up slack and gm for House Rogers and Doom, since Im playing Steve and Doom. Essentialy Npc background cast. If you still want to be Doom let me know, im not gonna just take him. Im open, mainly want to keep things moving.

I think Hulk and the wildlings, as well as the wall would be hard to do. Your stuck in a corner of the realm with your own intrigue outside of politics. If wew ant to make that plotline work, we need to make the rest of the realm accessible to both. Perhaps the wildlings early on, get over the Wall. Becoming a threat around The North? Other then Hulk, there is a few needing played, thaty ou can play Raven. Sue, or Aroro as a few examples.

Urbanzorro

That was my biggest issue when looking at The Hulk...the north of the wall area being so empty of players.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Garuss Vakarian

Yep. It is the problem all around. Population :p . We have a few lords without their ladies, a lady withouth her Lord. I think if this is gonna work we need 1 or 2 co gms to help fire on all cylinders. I for one am cool with being a  co gm for this. I can in fact take on the North, and it's Vassals. House Doom and it's vassals and Bannermen.

RavenBlackmoon

Right now the only cannon characters from I would feel comfortable to even consider playing include:

From the House Lists:
Hulk
Lady Pepper Pots
Sir Mathew Murdock*
Sir Wade Wilson
Maria Hill
Loki*

*I believe these characters are dubiously claimed by other people.