Fandomverse (Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, August 14, 2013, 03:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

Quote from: RedEve on August 16, 2013, 12:57:29 PM
Is any possible character allowed in this?
so long as they are a fictional character in a TV show or movie, yes.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

RedEve

Interesting, so this would not be limited to say your average hero or villain types?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Ember Star

Quote from: RedEve on August 16, 2013, 01:07:19 PM
Interesting, so this would not be limited to say your average hero or villain types?
Not at all. You could play Frankie Heck from The Middle if you wished to, just to give an example.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

RedEve

Interesting. :)

My only concern with such a wide scope is the plot. How would you make that work?

steelsmiter

it's a sandbox. I'm in plot discussions with several people not native to Martin Riggs' 1989 world. Which is alright because he's in Gotham and not aware he shouldn't be there.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

RedEve

Interesting.

Room for a Romanian stripper who thinks she's working as a CIA operative? :P

Ember Star

Quote from: RedEve on August 16, 2013, 01:32:44 PM
Interesting.

Room for a Romanian stripper who thinks she's working as a CIA operative? :P
Who would you be referring to? As we only accept cannons.

RedEve

It's a rather recent character from a movie.

Sorina from "Pain & Gain".

Ember Star

Quote from: RedEve on August 16, 2013, 01:37:31 PM
It's a rather recent character from a movie.

Sorina from "Pain & Gain".
Yeah, that would be fine :)

Cthonig

Hi, I'm trying to decide about this so I wanted to ask a couple things.
    Since this is after/outside of the movie or show, do the people die in the Fandomverse? Captain Jack Harkness sort of becomes ordinary if no one dies. But everyone there is fictional and could be in another movie or season so how could they die?
    Do the superheroes (and supervillains) still have their powers?
    I had a couple other questions but they got answered.

Ember Star

I'm pretty sure people can die (unless Aysande says differently) or else our Sherlock Holmes and Dr. House might not be that handy.

Yes, heroes/villains get to keep their powers. As well as magic wielders and so on.

Cynadea

Yes, people can die, but I or Ember should be asked before a character is killed. If someone needs to die in order for your character to exist, they would die in the movie/TV show but reappear living with all their powers in Fandomverse. I have Rain from the first Resident Evil movie reappear in the train of Raccoon city, not zombified, for example.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Cthonig

Thanks.

Unfortunately my first choice got taken and I have so very many in second place - lol.
    Captain Jack Harkness (Torchwood), Captain John Hart (Torchwood), Magneto, Patrick Jane (The Mentalist - just so we could have all the Sherlock Holmes based characters), Spike (Buffy), Dexter, or Alice (Resident Evil - even though I almost never play females & have never done so in a sexual RP)
    Yes, I realize Dexter could be problematical - lol.

steelsmiter

Quote from: Ember Star on August 16, 2013, 09:01:40 PM
I'm pretty sure people can die (unless Aysande says differently) or else our Sherlock Holmes and Dr. House might not be that handy.

Killing "Extras" is a staple of Martin Riggs stories too!
I don't play in PMs
O/Os
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Batman4560

Cool, Im in. Where is the link to the IC Thread?

Cynadea

The IC thread? All the links are in the OOC thread, in the second post.

Batman4560

Cthonig

Part of my uncertainty is that I'm never sure I have gotten the personality right. If I'm going to play a canon character, I want to do it right.

Cynadea

The best way to know is to give it a shot. I know it's unnerving a little, but no one will go canon-nazi on you unless you turn a villain in a good puppy-loving character ;)

Faustus

Quote from: Aysande on August 16, 2013, 10:13:28 PM
The best way to know is to give it a shot. I know it's unnerving a little, but no one will go canon-nazi on you unless you turn a villain in a good puppy-loving character ;)

Truer words never spoken! It's always unnerving at first, picking up a canon character for the first time, but we're all really kind and supporting people! I agree that no one will canon-nazi jump you!

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

steelsmiter

idk, I like the "Direct quotes taken out of context and applied to a different situation" method. Basically think how they've said something in the past and phrase it that way.
I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Cthonig

Any comments on the myriad choices I listed?

Cynadea

Well, Mystique is about, I play her. She would not be a good friend to Magneto, as from what I understand he kinda abandonned her, and Rain would love to have Alice around to kick some Zombie ass. ;)

steelsmiter

I don't play in PMs
O/Os

Cthonig

I hadn't considered the aspect of Rain being around. Which will make playing Alice a little more difficult for me since Alice is cool with her but I was annoyed by the character. Then again maybe it was less annoyance at her and more about the fact that they didn't shoot her when they should have.
    As for Magneto and Mystique (at least in the movies) he wanted her around when she was herself - just not when she had devolved into a human.      "I'm glad to see that you're back to yourself, my dear."