Looking for a plot-heavy Shadowrun 4e RP

Started by Ambigue, July 17, 2012, 02:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambigue

First, I'd like to say that I'm new to Elliquiy, and this is actually my first request. Although, just because I"m new here, I've got something like 15 years of experience with online roleplaying, so I'm no newbie in those regards.

Now, on to business and pleasure!

I'll admit that what I'm looking for is fairly specific, but hopefully I'll find someone who likes telling stories and putting characters into interesting scenarios. Though the system and world is Shadowrun 4e, ideally it would be rules-light and plot-heavy. If you prefer more rules, I'm fine with that, but it's not necessary. This story would obviously be a bit more than a quick one-shot, which is great if you're looking for something with substance and longevity.

Your role would be that of GM, so you'd get to play any number of characters - as many or as few as you'd like. I'm looking for a hard R rating or beyond. Above all, I'm looking to share a mature storytelling experience. Feel free to put me in any situation you can dream of, as long as it furthers plot and doesn't go too far beyond my offs. I'm not someone who is going to get pissy if you go a little beyond those or want to explore something you're really interested in. I promise to act out my role accordingly and roll with the punches so to say.

Here's the basic plot setup:
I have a female Shadowrunner who I've played on and off for about 2 years, and would like to further explore. She's an attractive Elven woman, and was previously the face of our group (see: my current avatar) In reality, she's actually a famous actress, and is constantly trying to balance her professional/social, and runner lives without anyone from either world finding out about her double-life. So far, she gets by mostly with a little disguise work and the general idea that there's no conceivable way such a famous actress would ever be a Runner.

Of course, the two worlds do collide from time to time, and there are times where her Agent has to go to bat for her and figure out a  cover story for why she got shot in the leg. He's a close personal friend of hers. He is aware of what she does, and doesn't necessarily approve of it because he believes she's going to eventually wreck her career at best, and lose her life at worst. But, he still supports her and helps her out as much as he can.

You may wonder how someone like her she got into Shadowrunning. This might actually be an interesting introductory session if you're interested. Very basically, her sister was following her footsteps as an actress. However, she was killed by a paparazzo - either by accident, or purposefully. Even though it was obvious from the evidence that he did it, the guy got off the hook somehow. He knew or paid off the right people. My character decided to take justice into her own hands and using her limited stunt training and movie-plot know-how managed to track him down to his apartment and murder him, while making it look like an auto-erotic asphyxiation accident. Strangely, the case was closed quickly - the guy was a well-known scumbag, and had probably outlived his usefulness to someone important. In any case, nothing was ever linked back to her.

She decided that she liked this cloak and dagger stuff. Not only did it give her a real thrill, she could pass it off to her agent as role research, and stunt training - albeit quite the extreme approach to it. She had always had a wild streak, and Shadowrunning was just a new extreme thrill in her life.

We can either start with her first run, which I left purposefully vague, or pick up right after. Either is perfectly fine.  I've got some other details, potential supporting characters you may or may not wish to play, all of which can be supplied if you wish to pick this up with me. Other than that, I feel that it can be pretty open. You can put her in any number of scenarios you'd like to explore. I believe it will be a lot of fun!

Please feel free to PM me or post here with any additional questions, concerns, etc.