[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RSGAlex

I'd offer one, but the one I made only really does Essence calculating.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

AKunoichi

Gah, it won't format right on my computer. (I run Linix Mint on a netbook and don't have Excell, it's squished and some fonts won't load right)

I guess it's text only for me. This would be so much easier if I was at home, but it wouldn't be fair to make you wait till next friday. Maybe I should drop in late?

Dracorion

Maybe you could use the sheet Zaer provided in the first page of the thread? If you're having trouble with calculations, I can definitely help with that.

RSGAlex

And I'll run it through Anathema if you want a quick double check on the math.

Please wait warmly.

RSGAlex

Then I need to be original and offer to do it either by hand or by making some sort of program just to check one sheet.

:P

Please wait warmly.

AKunoichi

Quote from: Dracorion on November 23, 2012, 10:15:29 PM
Maybe you could use the sheet Zaer provided in the first page of the thread? If you're having trouble with calculations, I can definitely help with that.

Reading pdf's is a pain on this screen, and typing up sheets is also kind of annoying on this keyboard. I can RP just fine, but making a character would be a chore on this computer.

I'm not going to be as presumptuous as to have somebody make it for me (unless somebody really likes making characters) but I'd probably want a good powergamer to look at it and make suggestions.

PaleEnchantress

I'm finishing up generating my 3 followers. Do ghosts have to be manifested to communicate in creation?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Re Z L

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 23, 2012, 11:04:14 PM
I'm finishing up generating my 3 followers. Do ghosts have to be manifested to communicate in creation?

Depends on who they're trying to communicate with.  Generally ghosts will have some kind of charm that'll let them talk to people (or just manifest making it moot).  And of course some people can just see them and talk to them regardless of manifestation.
A&A

RSGAlex

And in certain places they don't need to materialize for one reason or another.

Granted, most of those aren't Creation proper (a spirit's Sanctum, Yu-Shan, Shadowlands, Underworld), but there are a few manses that bridge the material and immaterial.

Please wait warmly.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Re Z L on November 23, 2012, 11:48:10 PM
Depends on who they're trying to communicate with.  Generally ghosts will have some kind of charm that'll let them talk to people (or just manifest making it moot).  And of course some people can just see them and talk to them regardless of manifestation.

Charms that allow full manifestation or more than the ability to get use a few simple words require quite an investment to get to. That's okay though they have a few options to get an important message pout when they need to.

Really that's probably going to be what keeps them from being stronger than the average Henchman. Heroic humans are very useful and versatile, but also lack the great power of major charms and are vulnerable to attack. My ghosts are difficult to damage, able to come back from "death", and have great power in specific areas. Their ability to actually do normal tasks in creation though is very limited.

PaleEnchantress

Here we are, my henchmen. Ill Add these ghosts stats and the details about my backgrounds to my character sheet later.

Seraphic Deviltry.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Seraphic Deviltry

The oldest and most powerful of the three ghostly "brides", Seraphic Deviltry serves as the high priest of The Sirens of Decay. In life his name was Jerion and he was a famous courtesan that provided companionship and exotic entertainment for rich mortals and dragon blooded clients. Though there were rumors of his illeagle occult practices it was not them which caused Jerion to die the youngest of the three ghostly companions. A jealous lover's obsession drove her to murder the object of her passion. Seraphic Deviltry appears as a tall handsome youth, dressed in revealing roman style garments, with lean muscles and long green hair. His ghostly abilities make him an increadibly powerful nemessairy.

Str: 1 Dex:2 Stam: 2 - Cha: 2  Manip: 2 App: 4 - Per: 2 Int: 4 Wits: 3

Integrity 3, Perform 3, Resist 2, Craft 3 (Necrosurgery, Water), Lore 3, Medicine 3, Occult 5*, Diodge 3, Lingustics 1,

Arcana: Spirit Catching Eye Technique, Soul Whispered Empathy Dicipline, Mortal Shadowing Technique, Nemissary Ride. Intangible Guardian Presance x2, The Embalmers Art, Unconscious SPeech, Dead Fur Technique,

Backgrounds: Age 2, Artifact 2, Mentor 3, Resources 1, Ancestor cult 1,

Compassion 3, Conviction 3, Temperance 1, Valor 2,

BP essence, occult +2, thaumaturgy 3  x1, App +1, Diminished Strength -3, Arcana 3

Passions: Worshiping the Widow (Conviction) 3, Guiding the Sirens to Enlightenment (Temperance) 1, Support of Art and Artists (Compassion) 3,

Fetters: The Widow 2, His Remains 1, The Operahouse Chandelier 2 [In life he was very vain. He used be be more attrached to his remains but after all this time little of them is left. The Chandelier is an extreamly large and valueable creation. He has many fond memories spent in the operahouse underneath it. The operhouse is no more and the chandelier has been moved more than once. By now it's considered nearly a priceless antique. The ghostly copy of it hangs in the Widows Cathedral.]

Rule of Three

Rule of Three

Rule of Three is the youngest and most physically capeable of the three ghostly brides. Verona, as she was called, led a somewhat typical life for a tribal women.. At least until her humband and all the appropriately aged men went to war and were never seen again. With the men gone, and most likly dead, the women were without their hunters and protectors. Verona was not going to just sit there wait with her family to be eaten by a marauding beast or taken as wives and slaves by an enemy tribe. She and several of the other strong willed matrons trained all the able bodies females to be capeable hunters and warriors in their own right. When their enemies came they were ready. Verona's death was to a malaria epidemic, something she couldn't fight. She lived for the longest time among Widow's henchmen, dying in her late 40's. She was never particulartly beautiful, but she has a atletic build and could not be called ugly. She prefers to dress in a tight black suit complete with mask and hooded cape. Underneath it she wears her armor. Rare among ghosts, her powers allow her to affect creation.

Str: 3 Dex: 4 Stam: 3 - Cha: 2  Manip: 2 App: 2 - Per: 3 Int: 2 Wits: 2

Archery 1, Meele 3, Thrown 5*, War 3, Integrity 2, Resistance 1, Lore 1, Awareness 2, Dodge 3, Stealth 3, Craft 3 (Pandemonium, Earth)

Mentor 2, Artifact 2, Ancestor Cult 1, Grave Goods 2, Age 1

ARcana: Ox Body Technique, Corpse Fed Radiance, Black Breath of the Abyss. Hand of the Wind, Painting the Sunset Canvas, Midnight Canvas Unfurreled, The Ichor Cauldron

Compassion 2, Conviction 3, Valor 2, Temperance 2

Essence, Arcana x2, ABility,

Passions: 8 Following the Widow 2 (Compassion), Protecting Women (Valor) 2, Increasing Martial prowess (Conviction) 3, Maintain Sanity among her Companions (Temperance) 2.

Fetters: The Widow 1, Her oldest female descendent of each generation 2, Her ceremonial Armor 2. [She actually has both the spiritual and physical representation of her original ceremonial armor. It is the same that she has an artifact of.]

Wicked Tongue

Wicked Tongue

A Lintha Pirate in life, Wicked Tongue is the most specialized of Widows ghostly companions. Falamar's story is that of thousands of Linths brother's and sisters. Initiated in his late teens and castrated, his cruelty and ambition brought him respect among his peers and infamy among his enemies. In his early thirties, the heavilt pierced and tattooed Falamar met his death in a suprise attack by the saliors of a vessel he and the rest of the crew were boarding. He still appears how he did in life, tall and wirey, proudly displaying the trademarks of the pirates all over his body. He has actually become less cruel since he died. Widow only rarely needs to call upon Wicked Tongue's powers, but when the oppertunity arises he can make wild hungry ghosts into docile pets and ever alter their apperance. It's very difficult for him to affect creation so he usually rides with the window hidden inside one of Widow's posessions. His love and desire for Widow run so deep he can hardly feel anything else.

Str: 1 Dex: 3 Stam: 2 - Cha: 2  Manip: 2 App: 3 - Per: 3 Int: 2 Wits: 4

Archery 3, Integrity 3, Presance 4, Resistance 3, Survival 3, Craft 3 (Moliation, Fire), Lore 1, Dodge 3, Sail 3,

Ancestor Cult 1, Age 2, Grave Goods 2, Whispers 3,

Compassion 3, Conviction 1, Temperance 2, Valor 3,

Arcana: Taste the Demon Wind, Call the Ravening Hound, Diversion of the Savage Hunter, Command of the Hungry Dead, Tame the Wicked Appitite, Ghostly Harness Exercise, Spirit Handling Leash, Waxen Ghostly Flesh, Stolen Wax Dicipline, Assassins Subtle Escape.

Essence, Charm x3, Presance +1

Passions 7: Obsession with the Widow 3 (compassion), Dominating the Po 3 (Valor), Avoiding the Lethe 1 (temperance)

Fetters: The Widow 3, The Gelded Centaur 2. [The Gelded Centaur is a rauchy cutthroat tavern popular with the Lintha pirates. It no longer is in the same building it was in when he was alive but the establishment itself still exists]

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AK47 on November 23, 2012, 10:51:12 PM
I'm not going to be as presumptuous as to have somebody make it for me (unless somebody really likes making characters) but I'd probably want a good powergamer to look at it and make suggestions.

I can make your char for you. I after all provided the charsheet in first page and so know how use it. Just PM to me what you exactly wish from your char and also pic what to add to the charsheet. Once it's done I just PM it to you and you can quote my PM and then copypaste it and post it in here.

Of course you need write very least the background yourself :P. Most amount of typing goes there and rest are just placing numbers.

Dracorion

Don't forget about the Crafting houserule, everyone (which has now been added to the second post of the thread).

When I have a chance later today I'll get around to addressing everyone who currently has dots in Craft.

Chajesdad

I come from a disgraced House of the Realm, was raised connected to the wrong side of the law down Chiaroscuro way, have Connections with an underground loose organization. As for drinking, I was raised with Realm tastes. Iselsi Imara may have run in some of the circles you have, though I have been gone for several months recently, and there are rumors of my death, but nothing confirmed.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

AKunoichi

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 24, 2012, 04:52:40 AM
I can make your char for you. I after all provided the charsheet in first page and so know how use it. Just PM to me what you exactly wish from your char and also pic what to add to the charsheet. Once it's done I just PM it to you and you can quote my PM and then copypaste it and post it in here.

Of course you need write very least the background yourself :P. Most amount of typing goes there and rest are just placing numbers.

Well I already have a backround, I'll Type it up all nice and PM you an outline of her stats.

The child who would become known as Shines Brightly from atop the altar at midday. (shine for short) was born in a village hidden deep in the jungles south of An Teng. The village had been a temple to the unconquered sun in the first age, and even today was still home to a solar cult that had managed to evade detection due to it's geographic obscurity.
The girl was an orphan and thus inducted into the temple at the age of 16 to be one of the sacred whores tending to the needs of the priesthood. Every day at noon she and the other girls would partake in a ritual orgy with the high priest, painted in gold to represent the unconquered sun.
Shine enjoyed this life, but when she was 18, the veil of secrecy sheltering her village was lifted. A circle of Dynasts on a hunting expedition 'stumbled'  across it and decided to have some fun punishing the locals for there heresy. The Dragon bloods tortured and raped the villagers until they swore devotion to the elemental dragons. The high priest who the girl so idolized, was one of the first to renounce his faith in a cowardly attempt to spare his life.
The girl however refused to stoop so low and deny her god. When everyone else had fallen, she was the last to meet the inquisition, and the only one to stand tall. Instead of bowing down to the elemental dragons, she stood up tall and drew her second breath as Shines Brightly.
The Dragon bloodeds were not ready to face an Anathema, and while Shine was not a warrior, they found themselves paralyzed with fear and doubt while the villagers hope was renewed. In addition, one of the dynast's number, a wood aspect named Cynis Lalewira, (the one on the right) who had already been harboring second thoughts about punishing the villagers to harshly just for ignorance, decided to take up arms against her brethren and defend the newly exalted shine.

In the aftermath of the battle, Shine took the position of high priestess and gave the Dynasts a proper burial before beginning to rebuild the village with the help of Lalewira and her surviving servants. Shine might have been content to remain in her village as it's spiritual leader, but after hearing of the state of the outside world from Lalewira, she decided to travel creation to learn how best to serve her god.
Now Shine is traveling disguised as one of Lalewira's personal pleasure slaves. Hiding in plain sight with her golden body paint and orachalum jewelery covered under a silken veil.

Re Z L

Quote from: Chajesdad on November 24, 2012, 10:57:19 AM
     I come from a disgraced House of the Realm, was raised connected to the wrong side of the law down Chiaroscuro way, have Connections with an underground loose organization. As for drinking, I was raised with Realm tastes. Iselsi Imara may have run in some of the circles you have, though I have been gone for several months recently, and there are rumors of my death, but nothing confirmed.

Sounds like Dusk's kinda guy!   ;D

I could see them sitting down remeniscing over their ill-deeds back in Chiaroscuro   ;)
Quote from: AK47 on November 24, 2012, 11:30:44 AM
Well I already have a backround, I'll Type it up all nice and PM you an outline of her stats.

The child who would become known as Shines Brightly from atop the altar at midday. (shine for short) was born in a village hidden deep in the jungles south of An Teng. The village had been a temple to the unconquered sun in the first age, and even today was still home to a solar cult that had managed to evade detection due to it's geographic obscurity.
The girl was an orphan and thus inducted into the temple at the age of 16 to be one of the sacred whores tending to the needs of the priesthood. Every day at noon she and the other girls would partake in a ritual orgy with the high priest, painted in gold to represent the unconquered sun.
Shine enjoyed this life, but when she was 18, the veil of secrecy sheltering her village was lifted. A circle of Dynasts on a hunting expedition 'stumbled'  across it and decided to have some fun punishing the locals for there heresy. The Dragon bloods tortured and raped the villagers until they swore devotion to the elemental dragons. The high priest who the girl so idolized, was one of the first to renounce his faith in a cowardly attempt to spare his life.
The girl however refused to stoop so low and deny her god. When everyone else had fallen, she was the last to meet the inquisition, and the only one to stand tall. Instead of bowing down to the elemental dragons, she stood up tall and drew her second breath as Shines Brightly.
The Dragon bloodeds were not ready to face an Anathema, and while Shine was not a warrior, they found themselves paralyzed with fear and doubt while the villagers hope was renewed. In addition, one of the dynast's number, a wood aspect named Cynis Lalewira, (the one on the right) who had already been harboring second thoughts about punishing the villagers to harshly just for ignorance, decided to take up arms against her brethren and defend the newly exalted shine.

In the aftermath of the battle, Shine took the position of high priestess and gave the Dynasts a proper burial before beginning to rebuild the village with the help of Lalewira and her surviving servants. Shine might have been content to remain in her village as it's spiritual leader, but after hearing of the state of the outside world from Lalewira, she decided to travel creation to learn how best to serve her god.
Now Shine is traveling disguised as one of Lalewira's personal pleasure slaves. Hiding in plain sight with her golden body paint and orachalum jewelery covered under a silken veil.

D'aww  Lalewira has a little monkey.
A&A

PaleEnchantress

And the final thing I needed to stat out and post...

A Hamlet for a Lustful Vassal (Coil Rank 4)

This massively muscled man stands nearly 7 ft tall and wears the ceremonial garments of great warriors of a bygone age. Hid red cape gives him a dramatic flair, but his movements are deliberate and his words few.

Str: 4 Dex: 1 Stam: 3 - Cha: 0  Manip: 0 App: 2 - Per: 2 Int: 1 Wits: 3

Abilities: Meele 4, Dodge 4, Resistance 2, Stealth 4, Athletics 2

Health: 0/0/0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-4/Incap (Without Seraphic Deviltry possessing it loses 0/0/-1/-1)

Soak: (Reinforced Buff Jacket) 11B/6L/5A, 6 Hardness, -3 Mobility

Attack: Wavecleave Daiklaive Speed 5, Acc 3, Damage +7L/3, Def +1, Rate 2, Attune 5, O

(Coil Rank 4) Big 2, Bleak Imitation of Normalcy 4, App 1, Sanatized 0, Only Mildly Unplesant 0,  2 Artifact Intigration 8 (Seraphic's wavecleave Daiklaive),2Str 2, Stam 1, Transcendant Revenant Vessel 1, Hard Plating 1

Note: I added an augmentation that doesn't exist: Apperance +1. I already paid for bleak imitation of normalcy so it's not automatically noticeable as an undead creature. This just means it's nor particularly ugly either.

PaleEnchantress

Updated Character sheet, Added 4 more pictures (one of each ghost and one of the final necrotech)

Dracorion

Imara's a girl. Chajesdad's picture is a placeholder. Unless he's a secretly a male seahorse beastman. Anyway, sadly the underground organization Imara is connected with isn't exactly criminal. At least not in the traditional sense.

Players who need to fix their Craft ability to reflect the new houserule:
Muse (his character and his henchgirls)
Chajesdad
PaleEnchantress (character and henchghosts)

Enchantress: General notes about your Henchghosts: Heroic Ghosts don't normally get Favored abilities, but I'm allowing it anyway since that's dumb. They're heroic. Also, could you list their Essence ratings and Willpower? Also, your ghosts have the Age background, which means they get extra BP, which you didn't spend. And finally, can you list the artifacts that Seraphic Deviltry and Rule of Three have?

Seraphic Deviltry has only 24 ability dots, so he still needs to spend 1 more. Anyway, he's also got one too many backgrounds dots, it should be 8 without spending BP. As for your BP, can you list the BP spent on each? Also, what thaumaturgical art does he have? And how does he have it rated at 3 without having another specialty somewhere? Occult is favored, so that's give you 4 specialty dots, three of which you spent on Thaumaturgy and one which still needs to be spent.

Wicked Tongue has one too many charms. Ghosts get 6 at character generation and you only bought 3 with BP.

Rule of Three has one too many dots in his physical attributes. 7 instead of 6. He also has one too many passions, since Age 1 reduced it to 8 and he has 9.

The Tentacles of Rapture only have 19 points listed. Further, the ranged attack augmentation gives you a ranged attack in addition to your normal attack. And finally, augmentations for the natural attack and the ranged attack are two entirely different sets. As in, you buy augmentations for the ranged attack separately. Of course, the only real difference is that buying the speed decrease for the ranged attack costs 2 points instead of 1.

As for Hamlet for a Lustful Vassal, Artifact Integration doesn't let a necrotech creation use artifacts that have an attunement cost, unless you enhance it with a certain Labyrinth circle spell. But, unless I'm incorrect in assuming that Seraphic Devility still retains his Essence and mote pool when possessing it, we'll say Seraphic is the one who attunes to the Wavecleaver. When Seraphic isn't possessing it, Hamlet can only use it as an improvised weapon.

Finally, small problem with your sheet I must've missed before. You have Resources 4, but didn't buy it with BP.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Dracorion on November 24, 2012, 09:53:03 PM.

Finally, small problem with your sheet I must've missed before. You have Resources 4, but didn't buy it with BP.

Ah okay I thought I was able to buy a single point in resource as a normal background and then add 3 from the "gift" to it. I see the order is reversed, ill free or generate 2 BP for that.

I did spend the BP my henchghosts got from age, but i guess my bookkeeping system is really difficuly to make sense of or just plain wrong. I'll fix that. Seraphic Deviltry has two different arts (bought with bp) I wasn't aware favored ability gave free specialties. ANyway I'll fix all the ghosts up. (PS Rule of Three is a female)

I'm still a bit foggy on how the new craft houserule work. I thought it worked one way and then i read it again and it didn't seem to work that way. I'll just message you for clarification.

Tentacles of Rapture: YAAAAY I HAVE ANOTHER POINT TO SPEND! - I realize it has a melee attack but i didn't enhance it so it's weak to the point I doubt it will see play so I never listed it.

A Hamlet for a Lustful Vassal: You are correct on the artifact integration, it's Seraphic that's attuned to it so indeed it's only useable when he is possessing it. When looking at the entry for Yori Ogre and Pearl Apocalypse it seemed pretty apparent the ogre was using some of Pearl's abilities.

Dracorion

Well, having a favored ability doesn't give free specialties.

As for the Craft houserule, the way it works is, you buy Craft 1, and you have Craft (an elemental craft of your choosing, let's say Fire) 1. Buy Craft 2, and you can expand it to another Craft, so you get Craft (Fire, Water) 2. Buy Craft 3 and you can also add one esoteric Craft this way provided you meet its requirements, so you could get Craft (Fire, Water, Genesis) 3. And so on. Until you buy Craft 6, at which point you have Craft (Fire, Water, Genesis, Earth, Wood, Air) 6. You can still raise the ability afterward, but it won't give you more crafts.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Dracorion on November 24, 2012, 10:27:46 PM
Well, having a favored ability doesn't give free specialties.

As for the Craft houserule, the way it works is, you buy Craft 1, and you have Craft (an elemental craft of your choosing, let's say Fire) 1. Buy Craft 2, and you can expand it to another Craft, so you get Craft (Fire, Water) 2. Buy Craft 3 and you can also add one esoteric Craft this way provided you meet its requirements, so you could get Craft (Fire, Water, Genesis) 3. And so on. Until you buy Craft 6, at which point you have Craft (Fire, Water, Genesis, Earth, Wood, Air) 6. You can still raise the ability afterward, but it won't give you more crafts.

That's a  lot more versatile than what I had assumed. I can work with that easily.

The way i thought it worked was that for every point you invest in a craft you get one point to put in an other (basic element) craft. IE Buy fire 2, you can then get earth 2, or water 1 and earth 1, ect. You can't get esoteric crafts for free, but buying an esoteric craft does give the normal points in a basic element craft.

Dracorion

Yeah, I'm going to quote that little paragraph of mine in the second post to hopefully clarify it for people.