Sha'ib: City of Mazes (Arabian Nights/Fantasy Sandbox LGBT Accepting Characters)

Started by Crash, February 22, 2015, 03:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Amarlo

I'd be surprised if the Nefasi didn't have dancers for a variety of ritualistic festivities and celebrations!

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

la dame en noir

Quote from: Amarlo on February 28, 2015, 01:11:01 AM
I'd be surprised if the Nefasi didn't have dancers for a variety of ritualistic festivities and celebrations!

I guess so! :3 I'm just trying to figure out what sort of background to give Oshun - so if I have the okay for that title then I have a character :D
A&A | FxF |

Sain

Amarlo and Sabre, that arrangement sounds quite nice. Zidir hasn't been that bad to his slaves in a while, but he could still certainly be annoying to trade with if you get on his bad side. Maybe him and [insert Sabre's characters name] had some small bad encounter even before he came to buy the slave and then it just escalated during negotiations later that night. Maybe he got N’ebthe for some ridiculous overprice or perhaps even failed to acquire it and is now planning on some other way to obtain said slave as Zidir refuses to make a reasonably priced offer for him for personal reasons.

Quote from: MdG on February 27, 2015, 08:12:58 PM
Sain Taytu and Zidir may be vaguely aware of each other's Ifrit 'taint', though they may fear each other because of it (that and Taytu cannot quite understand the concept of slavery and cannot understand why anyone would allow herself to be owned like a Basuro). Taytu certainly has an ambivalent relationship with the Ifrit who bound her and may be curious to know if Zidir knows anything that might help her.

That should be fun. Zidir could see some ways to exploit her curiosity and he could probably be pretty convincing at pretending to know something of value. Alternatively, if we want to add in some of the jinn stuff more into the game maybe his old family could have some useful records of efreeti. Zidir might not even know of it himself so could be a case of her having heard some rumor regarding the bright eyed men of Sha'ib knowing of their ancestors and then just finding that the current family head is utterly oblivious to any such thing.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Amarlo

Quote from: Sain on February 28, 2015, 05:02:27 AM
Amarlo and Sabre, that arrangement sounds quite nice. Zidir hasn't been that bad to his slaves in a while, but he could still certainly be annoying to trade with if you get on his bad side. Maybe him and [insert Sabre's characters name] had some small bad encounter even before he came to buy the slave and then it just escalated during negotiations later that night. Maybe he got N’ebthe for some ridiculous overprice or perhaps even failed to acquire it and is now planning on some other way to obtain said slave as Zidir refuses to make a reasonably priced offer for him for personal reasons.

That should be fun. Zidir could see some ways to exploit her curiosity and he could probably be pretty convincing at pretending to know something of value. Alternatively, if we want to add in some of the jinn stuff more into the game maybe his old family could have some useful records of efreeti. Zidir might not even know of it himself so could be a case of her having heard some rumor regarding the bright eyed men of Sha'ib knowing of their ancestors and then just finding that the current family head is utterly oblivious to any such thing.

Great! Either of you can feel free to message me if you want to plot. Maybe we can get some preestablished rp going. :)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Crash

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 28, 2015, 12:33:13 AM
Would it be okay to have Oshun be a dancer?

They wouldn't have a profession of dancer in Nafasi culture, but there are certainly tribal dances and she could be known as a wonderful tribal dancer or where you refer to her dancing in Sha'ib?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

la dame en noir

Quote from: Crash on February 28, 2015, 03:37:23 PM
They wouldn't have a profession of dancer in Nafasi culture, but there are certainly tribal dances and she could be known as a wonderful tribal dancer or where you refer to her dancing in Sha'ib?

Yes
A&A | FxF |

Crash

She could have easily taken a job as a dancer.  Andy Nafasi or Domadh would have to find a way to live in Sha'ib so it is possible that she is a dancer.  She could even learn some of the traditional Bedu belly dances.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

la dame en noir

Quote from: Crash on February 28, 2015, 04:28:05 PM
She could have easily taken a job as a dancer.  Andy Nafasi or Domadh would have to find a way to live in Sha'ib so it is possible that she is a dancer.  She could even learn some of the traditional Bedu belly dances.

Then it has been decided and I shall have the character finished tonight.
A&A | FxF |

Crash

More of an NPC but I am going to add him to the list of characters.

Name: Sifiso
Player: Crash
Concept:  Captain of the Ingonyame
Trouble:  Sifiso never expected to live into old age and as he enters his later life he finds his introspection can lead to depression.
Sex: Male
Orientation: Hetero
On’s: Players On’s
Off’s: Players Off’s
Race or People: Domadh

Appearance:
Hair: Light Brown/Dyed Red Mohawk
Eyes: Reflective Green
Height: 7’0”
Weight: 290 lbs

Description: Sifiso would be an elder of his Khan were his life not saved by the Sultan when he was young.  Age however has not slowed Sifiso.  He may be showing the slight gathering of weight that good food and old age brings, but there are few as strong, wily and tough as the veteran of the Ingonyame Guard.  His long limbs are as thick as cypress trunks and his skill with the scimitar is unmatched.  Like all of the guard he maintains the Domadh warrior Mohawk mane dyed red with his shaved scalp.  His age is shown by the white hair about his lips, and chin.  The fur on his belly has changed as well with white outnumbering the tan of youth.

One Unique Thing: Sifiso was rescued by the Sultan when they were both young men and Sifiso gave the young Sultan a life debt in return.  He served as a guide and bodyguard to the Sultan for many years. 

Personality: Sifiso is dedicated to the safety of Sha’ib and the current Sultan.  He is serious and severe when dealing with his own soldiers as befitting a Chief of the Khans, though he has no royal blood.  Away from work he is introspective, even philosophical.  Sifiso does enjoy his drink be it coffee or the strong, gruel-like alcohol urwaga that is brewed by he and his men.  Sifiso can surprise others with his intelligence in council and his kindness around children despite his fierce look.

Skills: Scimitar (Two-Handed) combat,  Unarmed Combat, Military Tactics, Drinking, Tracking

Residence: Ingonyame Guard barracks near the Trail of Sighs.

History: When Sifiso was a young warrior he found himself separated from his Khan on a scouting mission against a tribe of Gnolls.  He was ambushed by a group of warriors and rescued by a caravan lead by the young Sultan of Sha’ib.  Thankful and ashamed Sifiso granted the Sultan a life debt. 

Since that time Sifiso has served as a scout in the Sultan’s army, his personal body guard and a captain of the city guard.  As more young Domadh came to Sha’ib, Sifiso gathered them and trained them in the arts of Hadaree warfare and technology.  The Sultan formed the Ingonyame Guard from these lone Domadh and placed Sifiso in charge of their training.  The Ingonyame Guard is known and feared by the enemies of Sha’ib.  They have fought off Bedu raiders, Domadh Khans and even an invasion of Undead from Hekata.  They are highly decorated servants and warriors.

All of the Ingonyame Guard have converted to the worship of Asaheem, though their worship would be looked upon as heresy by the clerics if not for the Sultan’s protection as they incorporate the rites of their ancestors into the worship of the Jann of Light and Air.

Equipment:
Scimitar (Two Handed)
Curved Daggers
Lacquered Armor
Supplies as needed from Armory.

yesiroleplay

Crash

la dame en noir

same! I should've had the profile done last night, but I will make an effort to put some work into it today.
A&A | FxF |

Kuroneko

My sheet is finally starting to come together, but I'm about to head out to see Gabriel Iglesias. FLUFFY! So, I'll have to finish it when I get back ;).

Oh, I did have one question though. Did I read earlier that there weren't going to be any brothels? I was just curious as to why, because a history program I'm watching just referred to them as the hotels of the ancient world, lol. It made me laugh.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Crash

The Sultan is a follower of Asaheem.  The Clerics of Asaheem forbid prostitution.  Prostitution exists but it is just hidden.

Kuroneko

Revelation

Sorry, been a crazy weekend. Will try to wrap up character tonight or tomorrow.

MdG

Quote from: Crash on March 01, 2015, 06:07:08 PM
The Sultan is a follower of Asaheem.  The Clerics of Asaheem forbid prostitution.  Prostitution exists but it is just hidden.

I recall reading that under the Ottomans, both male and female prostitution could most safely take place in the public baths, where sex workers would at least nominally be 'bath attendants'.  Because baths were sex-segregated, the focus for these forms of prostitution was men selling sex to other men. Even in the 19th century, Victorian travelers to the Ottoman Empire reported boys and young men performing for male audiences in a bath / tavern context.  In practice, entertainment and hospitality establishments would often double as brothels.  That isn't to say they were 'fronts' in the modern sense, but genuinely offered a variety of services.

Crash

Sain

How illegal is renting slaves, or allowing possibly buyers samples for smaller payments?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Crash

Only illegal to have followers of Asaheem as slaves.  All others are fair game in Sha'ib.

Crash

Quote from: MdG on March 02, 2015, 08:43:51 AM
I recall reading that under the Ottomans, both male and female prostitution could most safely take place in the public baths, where sex workers would at least nominally be 'bath attendants'.  Because baths were sex-segregated, the focus for these forms of prostitution was men selling sex to other men. Even in the 19th century, Victorian travelers to the Ottoman Empire reported boys and young men performing for male audiences in a bath / tavern context.  In practice, entertainment and hospitality establishments would often double as brothels.  That isn't to say they were 'fronts' in the modern sense, but genuinely offered a variety of services.

I kind of like this idea though.  I am going to say there are a couple of Djaffir Baths in the city with special allowances for this.  Gives me a wonderful idea for another lovely lady too.

Crash

Sain - I may have a link for your character to this Djaffir Bath I am going to write up.  I will let you know more when I get it finished.

Crash

Stil accepting new players.  I hope to have IC threads up this weekend.

Have I missed anyone waiting for approval?

Kuroneko

I just have a few tweaks to do on my sheet, and then I can send it to you ;).