A Hive of Scum and Villainy - Star Wars RP (Not currently recruiting)

Started by Metalzephyr, April 05, 2012, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aybara

Ah it's NC, well I'll likely pass too then, not my cup of tea and ye have a load of players interested, have fun everyone.

Metalzephyr

Well the NC isn't set in stone, as I tried to say. I'm open for whatever level people are comfortable with. Thus why I requested feedback from potential players!

But I appreciate you guys checked us out and all, good luck in your RP's!

fallensaviour

what level is "fisted by a rancor" and where do i buy a rancor other than drothmir

Metalzephyr

Extreme I suspect.

As for Rancor purchases, well, all depends, how much can you afford to spend?

KaraKres

Brandon

Quote from: Metalzephyr on April 09, 2012, 07:21:55 PM
Well the NC isn't set in stone, as I tried to say. I'm open for whatever level people are comfortable with. Thus why I requested feedback from potential players!

But I appreciate you guys checked us out and all, good luck in your RP's!

I think NC is fine on the condition taht everyones limits are kept in mind. I dont do NC play myself, but I dont care if other people want to play that way where I dont have to read it
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

KaraKres

Quote from: Brandon on April 09, 2012, 08:21:25 PM
I think NC is fine on the condition taht everyones limits are kept in mind. I dont do NC play myself, but I dont care if other people want to play that way where I dont have to read it

Why not go with Light, Exotic, Small Groups?  I'm not really into the non-con thing, which seems to be an emerging trend with the people who expressed an interest in this game.  If a non-con scene was absolutely required it could simply be a fade-to-black moment rather than explicit text.

Metalzephyr

It is looking to be a better bet for the Light Exotic, Small Groups.

Thinking about it, Non Con doesn't really fit the game, kicking ass and having fun is more the theme than fulfilling dark fantasies.

Also, trying to come to a decision about Captains, shouldn't be more than an hour now. I really appreciate all three of you that PM'ed me, and really did a good job of pitching yourselves! (Thus why I need up to an hour >_< )

Ember Star

But NC might also apply to fighting. Like my group, I put it in extreme not because I wanted extreme sex scenes, but because I thought some of the fighting might get extreme
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Brandon

Quote from: KaraKres on April 09, 2012, 08:29:28 PM
Why not go with Light, Exotic, Small Groups?  I'm not really into the non-con thing, which seems to be an emerging trend with the people who expressed an interest in this game.  If a non-con scene was absolutely required it could simply be a fade-to-black moment rather than explicit text.

The thing to keep in mind is the other areas like Extreme and NC allow for the listed content but it doesnt require it in a story. So generally its better to put it in more extreme cases to allow players to get rougher. As long as the understanding of limits is there and people use spoiler tags or make their own threads for such activities then everyone can play there
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

PhantomPistoleer

I think it would be best to keep it at exotic.

I don't think that forced sex among the crew would be good for morale--or particularly believable.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

fallensaviour

so does this mean i dont get a twi'lek slave girl to ride around and violate at my whim?

elfguy

Quote from: fallensaviour on April 09, 2012, 08:55:08 PM
so does this mean i dont get a twi'lek slave girl to ride around and violate at my whim?

You know how to make your offer enticing... :P
----

fallensaviour

i'm short...i need a hot chick to carry me while i feel her up :P

PhantomPistoleer

The trick is to get the twi'lek slave girl to WANT to be violated.  See?  Non-con non-necessary.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

fallensaviour

KaraKres

Just curious, would you all consider the following to be vanilla or extreme?

"Cass screamed in anger and pain.  As if a switch had been flipped, decades of frustration at her forced lifestyle and the blood of so many people on her hands, unleashed itself from her throat, a long drawn out atavistic primal scream.  Cass delivered a vicious backhand slash that sliced the werewolf’s throat wide open in a fountain of blood.  The werewolf gurgled helplessly as copious amounts of blood pumped through its now desperately clawing hands.  Cass pulled it forward by grabbing its shaggy mane of hair and thrust her blade downward, screeching in bloodlust as the metal drove down to the base of the neck, severing the spinal column.  The werewolf collapsed, twitched twice and then lay still.  The awesome fighting machine, specifically bred to hunt and kill for the military was now about as useful as a pile of wet cabbage."

Metalzephyr

All right folks, big huge post time. I'll number things for easy sorting :D

If you have any objections, complaints, or comments about any of the things I have established here, please PM me. I am open to discussion on most things, but I think my reasons are laid out here fairly clearly.

1) The Category of the RP
RP Category

The rules state that NC is:
"Non-Con(sensual) - This is for roleplays and stories where one party does not give their explicit consent. This can be from quasi-consensual (where no really does mean yes) to outright rape."

As I want to allow player freedom I would like to make this an NC game. This is primarily to allow this quasi-consesual sort of action, but any time consent is in question, players should clear it with the potential partner first. This is not because it is a theme or focus of the RP, or even something I want to encourage, but I want it to be allowed for those who ARE interested.

As for the other elements of the classification:
"Human - The sexual participants in these stories and roleplays are either human, or close enough to it that there is little physical distinction - elves, nymphs, etc.
Exotic - Furries, tentacles, monsters, and so on."

Already with a potential Dug character, I'm fairly sure we would be walking a line between these two, if not outright into Exotic. Beastiality is not covered by this designation, rather by the 'Extreme' label, so that would not be on the table. If you were interested in that, PM's are fine, but not in the active game.
For the sake of following E's rules, I want to classify this as an Exotic RP as well, primarily to allow for some of the more outlandish races in the setting, rather than to encourage tentacles and anthros.

Classifying it as Light would likely be better to encourage more consensual RP, but as long as everyone understands to take player consent seriously, I think we will be fine, and everyone can get involved at the level they enjoy!

So in full that will be: NC:Exotic - Freeform Small Groups
Ultimately I want everyone to enjoy the RP, so if this is an issue for me, as I said, PM me!

2) The Captain
The Captain

I have decided that KaraKres will be the captain of the smuggling ship as her character, Zarva Kaskis . Looking over her posts from other games, posting frequency, extensive Star Wars knowledge, and other elements she presented via PM, she will do the most to encourage a fun Rp for everyone.

Thank you Ember Star and fallensaviour for submitting your applications, and I hope you both still want to stay and join the RP! I really like the characters you sent me, and I still think they will fit quite well (though dreams of their own ship are not discouraged!)

3) The Ship(s)
The Ship

Well, we're looking at having close to 8 players. Those who have already posted in this thread are prioritized first, so don't stress, there is a spot for you here!

To that end, I think I am going to stick to one ship. Non-mission action will be fairly individual, such as before or after missions, say on Nal Hutta, but on ship will be one major action. It might be a bit crowded, but a bigger crew lets you do jobs otherwise impractical, and have lots of cool characters interacting.
Hell, one or more of you may be independent agents (say, a Bounty Hunter) who helps out the crew on some jobs, but also takes their own in otherwise 'downtime' periods, using the ship as a sort of mobile apartment/base. Cheaper on rent and on security than an apartment, and more flexible for jobs (though would be encouraged to participate in big jobs).

Now what ship?
Well, I think we have a lot of cool suggestions out already, but me and  KaraKres will discuss it before I announce a decision.

So, in short:
NC:Exotic - Freeform Small Groups
Captain Zarva Kaskis (KaraKres)
One ship, big crew

I'll be going through everyone's posted characters in the next few hours, and list all those approved, and message those I need clarification on!

fallensaviour

well poop...hopefully there's room on this ship for a pod racer...

elfguy

Sounds fine to me. Can't wait to begin :P

And I'm fine with NC for my character ;)
----

KaraKres

Mr. GM it might be helpful if you did a post showing who's still in and who their characters are (perhaps modifying your first post so that it always stays at the top of the thread?) 

That way people who may be thinking of joining will know what kind of roles are lacking or have limited cover...

Also, is character death due to random blaster fire a reality or only if you do something really stupid that deserves nothing less than a dead character?

Metalzephyr

I was going to setup a Character Page topic once I started approving people, and getting them to post over there.

Though with this many characters looking to be on the table, I'm not sure I'll be recruiting many others, though I should definitely be altering that on the front page.

Character death is not going to be done casually. If players attempt a frontal assault on an Imperial Star Destroyer, SOMEONE on board is going to die, if not everyone. Injuries are fair game, but death is highly unlikely. Though there are lots of reasons that risk is still an issue (screwing up a job for a particularly nasty and powerful client, like say, a Hutt, might not go well, even if it isn't lethal).

As for your question about vanilla vs extreme, I would say somewhat extreme. But the players will matter more on that than I will!

fallensaviour

as brandon said earlier if content is in question its better to go higher and not use it than use it and get in trouble, perhaps we should go to extreme...in case we need it for combat stuffs?

Ember Star

Okay here's my edited character. Sorry if it seems a bit rambling or just off in places. I'm tired and I tend to screw up when I'm tired

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Eufaula (U-fall-la) Zemzee.
Race: Human.

Appearance: (she does not actually have an light saber)

Sexual Preference: Bisexual.

Crew Position: Bounty Hunter, Assassin, Thief, and part-time Healer.

Skills: Breaking into things, stealing things, killing people, capturing people, making deals with people, engineering, piloting, and healing with natural remedies (such as herbs)

Weapon of Choice: Blaster Pistols, she also like small easily counseled blades like daggers.

Personality: Efficient, fierce, beautiful, and slit throat. She's not hard to get along with if you know how to get along with her, but she's easy to piss off.  However her relentless personality is part of what makes her so good at what she does.  If she wants it, she takes it, if she doesn't like you she kills you, or at least threatens to kill you depending on what use you could be.

Bio: When Eufaula was a mire 6 months old, she was on a ship with her parents. The ship was attacked, causing it to crash on the forest moon of Endor. When a tribe of Ewoks found the fallen vessel, there was only one survivor, a baby. The Ewoks took the little babe to raise as their own. She lived amongst the furballs as one of them, they taught her how to fight, how to find food and which herbs could heal.

She was happy there, but when she was approximately 11 years old a strange thing happened. A ship of mercs landed on the moon to hide out from empire ships hunting them. Being very curious, she snuck on the ship and hide in a supply closet. But what she didn't mean to happen was to go with the ship when it left, but by the time the ship's engines flared it was too late. The mercs found the wildchild soon after, and after some debate on rather to kill her, dumb her, or keep her after she attacked them and actually managed to injure one of the big men. They decided to keep her because the captain had a soft spot for her.

So she entered into an entirely new life, the ship's captain took her as his adopted daughter. He taught her common languages, how to fight with modern weapons, engineering, piloting, all the secrets of the trade of black markets and smuggling, and so much more. Her adopted father was already extremely well known for what he did, and soon his fierce and beautiful daughter got just as much of a reputation.

But three years ago his ship was attacked, killing everybody on it. Eufaula survived because she was on a nearby planet, running an errand for her adopted father. She has sometimes since wondered if her father knew he was going to be attacked and sent her on that errand to protect her.

Since then she has been a freelance merc, specializing in thievery and bounties. She's just out for herself and her own interest, not really caring about anybody who dares get in her way. But awhile back she ran across this little ragtag crew of smugglers and upon an offer of the captain who had heard of Eufaula'd skills, joined the crew. Still able to carry out bounties and thievery only in a more mobile fashion, she was able to help keep the ship running with repairs as well as have an keen eye for weapons. Her skills have proved very useful to the crew on many occasions, rather it's been breaking them out of a tight spot, fighting them out of a tight spot, or simply doing something with the ship in a tight spot. Plus her ability to heal without the use of technology had proved very useful, as being in the business they are, they tend to get injured more than they'd like.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

elfguy

----