Sumo Paint Q&A

Started by undisclosedtoyou, July 06, 2012, 06:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

My question to all of you is, how many people use Sumo paint on Google Chrome?  I've just DL'ed the web browser, and added Sumo, because I have been in need of a good, free, image editor that allows working with layers.  But my problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to make a pictures background transparent. 

What I have tried, is using the wand tool, clicking on the background, and inverting it, so that the background is the area that can be manipulated.  From there, I've tried changing the opacity, and it seems to work, until I click out of the wand tool, and the whole image just goes transparent.  I've tried just erasing the area, but it just goes white, and I can't find a transparent hex # on the color wheel to change it that way.  If anyone could possibly help me, I'd be forever grateful.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Saerrael

QuoteBut I've just tried all of that and it doesn't do anything Dx<<never mind, I had it on white.

When you first make a new image click background and choose 'transparent'.
It should work when you use the magic wand tool (:
Source

Does that help?

undisclosedtoyou

I wish it had helped.  There's no transparent option that I can find.  I tried the other way, where you delete the background, but couldn't find a delete option that seemed to work.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Saerrael

*pouts*
Sorry, love. Seems more people have this problem from what I've seen through my google hunt.

undisclosedtoyou

It's okay. :)  I'm still thinking up ways, and if I find the answer, I'll post it up here for everyone to see.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Saerrael

Good luck! I hope you find the answer sooner than later.

undisclosedtoyou

So I got an answer, kinda!  It had been so long since I've used layers with my graphics, that I completely forgot how they work.  Now that I have, I realize that you can just delete parts and it's transparent so you can see the layers beneath them.  Such an easy solution. <3
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's