Deception: Murdered in Hong Kong Second Running OOC

Started by Galactic Druid, March 07, 2016, 01:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

Welcome to Hong Kong!

Deception Rounds are short and fast, each one typically taking a little less than a week to play through with attentive players. Like last time, I'm looking to run three rounds. Just like before, on follow-up rounds, players already involved will be automatically included for the next, unless they wish to drop, in which case anyone else looking to join will be welcome. Signing up now does not commit you to all three rounds.

Because I want to keep LCS having one game at a time to avoid burnout, this game will not begin until Perse's game of Town of Salem is concluded, likely some time mid March.

Confirmed Players
looking for 5-10

1. Remiel
2. mia h
3 Madame Professor
4. yugi006
5. SunshineSparkle
6. Christa
7. NightOwl35
8. Rosemaryprincess

Rules and Roles
In deception, players take on the role of a team of investigators, trying to figure out who among them committed a murder by interpreting clues given to them by a forensic scientist as a team. Figuring out the culprit isn't enough on it's own, as the detectives also have to decipher how the murder was committed, and what key piece of evidence was left at the scene that ultimate got them caught.

At the beginning of the game, each player will receive a role, sent out randomly by the GM. The forensic scientist will be publicly revealed to the entire group, as their role is different than the other players. All other roles are kept hidden during the game. For the rest of the round, the only posts the forensic scientist can make is to reveal clue cards used, detailed below.

The remaining players will each receive 4 potential murder weapons (The 'means' cards, which was changed in murder weapon in the final translastion), as well as 4 pieces of 'key evidence' that potentially solved the case (originally just called clue cards, changed as well.). These cards as a whole represent the potential weapons and clues that could have been left behind, but only one of each is the actual evidence. Once this setup is complete, the game is ready to begin.

Step one; revealing the murder.
The GM will send out a group PM to the forensic scientist and murderer, asking the murder to select one of their weapons and one piece of key evidence from their own cards. The forensic scientist will learn this information, as well as the GM, as well as who the murderer is. This information is to be kept secret between them during the duration of the game.

Step two; Giving clues

The forensic scientist cannot openly communicate with the players. Instead, they have a series of clues they are able to give. They have one board (the pink one in the picture above) that shows how the victim died (Such as blood loss, severe injury, illness or poisoning, an accident. Many of these are vague by design.). The scientist picks one of those possibilities and declares that to be the clue they are giving. They also have 4 boards that show potential locations the crime took place. The scientist will pick one of those boards, and then announce one possibility from that board as their location clue. Once the first clue has been given, other players may begin to post and discuss their suspicions as well.

Example of play.

Scientist: The cause of death options are Suffocation, Severe Injury, Loss of Blood, Illness/Disease, Poisoning, and Accident. The victim died of Blood Loss.

Alice: Well, that rules out Mary's drowning card, but not much else.

Sam: It's too early to know much...

Scientist: The location board I'm putting into play has the Vacation House, Park, Supermarket, School, Woods, and Bank. This crime took place at the school.

Sam: Looks like I'm off the hook. I have a chainsaw, acid, axe, and blades. None of that fits in a school!

Alice: Nice try, Sam! Sulfuric Acid is super common in school labs.

Sam: But the victim died of Blood Loss! If it were acid, wouldn't Madame Professor told it was a severe injury, or maybe poisoning?

Alice: That's a good point... none of us has a weapon that would cause blood loss and fits in a school though....

Mary: Well, maybe the school is pointing to the key evidence rather than the weapon, like Sam's notebook....

Players are free to make as many posts as the like to discuss the game or their thoughts, though each player only gets one guess to solve the crime (explained later).

After the cause of death and location boards are player, the Forensic scientist is given 4 additional clue boards. Each board will contain a description of the type of clue, and 6 options to give players. Like ever other board, only one option may be picked. The scientist can play the 4 boards, one at a time, in any other they choose, allowing as much discussion as they like between each placed board.

Example:
Scientist: Noticed By Bystander - Sudden Sound, Prolonged Sound, Smell, Visual, Action, Nothing; The bystander noticed Nothing.

Alice: Well, that doesn't help us any.

Sam: Yeah...

Mary: Actually... what if there's a reason he noticed nothing. We're at the school, and the bystander didn't see anything, what if that's because they were wearing that drama mask card that Alice has? That certainly fits in a school...

In the interest of keeping the game moving, I will likely ask the scientist to play a new board every 48 to 72 hours, if necessary. This rule may change, I won't know the sweet spot for timing this game until we try it.

Making Guesses
At any time after the first clue is given, players can make a guess as to who they feel the criminal was, and how the crime was committed. If they are correct, the investigators win the game! If they are incorrect, game play continues. Each player gets only one guess. Once you have incorrectly guessed, you can not try to solve the murder again. This does not mean you are eliminated. Deception has no player elimination. Players who guessed incorrectly are still able to discuss and play through the round, they just cannot guess again. They can, however, try to convince another player to use their guess on another hunch. A player will only ever learn if they are correct or incorrect. They might have the right person, they might have the right weapon, but if they don't have all three, the only response they will get is incorrect. They will not know if they are partially correct. If at any time the players run out of guesses between them and the murderer is not found, the murderer wins.

Sam: Alright, I think we've got this figured out. It was Alice, who did it with the Razor Wire, and the key evidence is the drama mask.

GM: That is incorrect.

Sam: Dangit, I was so sure! Her only other possibility is the box cuter and mask, Mary, you wanna try that for me?

Mary: I dunno Sam, how do I know you're not just trying to waste everyone's guesses so you can win?

Redacting Information
After the first 4 clue boards are placed, the Forensic scientist will be given two more. They can use these clues to cover up one of the clue boards that was already put into play. It's a good idea to use this to 'cancel' information that has been sending the players down the wrong path.

Sam: The trace left at the scene was a fingerprint! Doesn't it make more sense that Mark's broken bottle was used? That carries a way cleaner print than an axe.

Scientist: I am covering up the 'Trace at the scene' board with "Evidence Left Behind - Natural, Artistic, Written, Synthetic, Personal, Unrelated". The Evidence left behind was written.

Alice: Well, that kills your argument, Sam. And about that notebook...

The final word!
If the crime is not solved and players still have guesses after all 8 clue boards have been placed (the original 6, followed by the replacement 2), then the final round begins. Each player will get to make one post making their case. At any time, players can make their guesses. After the last guess is spent, or after 72 hours from the declaration of the final word, if the murderer has still not been found, they automatically win!

Mary: I've already used my guess, but I really feel like it has to be Sam at this point. His blades are the only thing that fits since I already guessed the axe, and I'm really sure about that notebook, especially after the written clue we got last.

Alice: You know what? I agree, I'm going to use my guess that Sam did it with the Blade, and left the notebook behind.

GM: Correct! The investigators win!

A note on Private Messaging

First and foremost, the ability to receive PMs is required to play. Apologies to unapproved members, but you'll need approval before you can join. When it comes to PMs, especially in social gaming, I don't like to restrict players from chatting with one another, but I do ask that you keep anything that has to do with the current investigation public.

Social PMs are always okay!

"Hey, it's great to be playing a game together again! Are you having fun?"

"I've enjoyed getting to meet you in deception. Man, guy is such an awesome GM. Anyway, you seem really cool, do you have any time for an RP?"

"Jeez, this round is getting crazy. If you end up being the murderer, I'm never trusting you again!"

Please don't do this!

"I didn't wanna say this to the whole group and make Sam suspicious of me, but I think that last clue MP gave was about his notebook. What do you think. Should we guess him?"

"Hey, do you think acid would be more likely to be shown as poisoning or severe injury?"

"Pssst, hey Forensic Scientist. Can you give me a hint? At least which player to look at?" This is straight up cheating. Please don't get caught doing this.

tl;dr

The game is played by guessing who committed a crime by guessing which cards were used in a crime. Everybody gets one guess to solve the murder.

The murderer wins if everyone uses their guesses incorrectly.

The investigators win if, at any time, they correctly guess the cards used in the crime.

Original Post
So this is something I played recently at a gaming convention and absolutely fell in love with. Those of you that live in the eastern continents may have already played it as "CS Files", but I've got a reprint named Deception coming in on the 20th that I'm interested in running here on E.

Until I get my copy and make sure I have everything correct, I'm not going to post any rules, but the basics of the game go something like this; I believe it runs anywhere from 4-10 players. 1 player is always going to play as the forensic investigator, who knows everything that happened, but is unable to communicate other than giving specific clues by placing markers on a series of boards that are played. Some of the board's may suggest the nature of the death (if it looked like an accident, or if it was clearly an attack, where it took place, etc.). Every other player is going to have a set of four cards in front of them; 4 potential weapons, and 4 potential items that were found at the crime scene (whether as a calling card, accidentally dropped, part of the scene, etc.) one of these players is the murderer; he'll reveal to the forensic scientist which of their cards they used as the weapon, and what was found. The scientist then uses the clues he can give to help the players figure out who among them holds the true murder weapon and evidence.

I'll need to go over the rules when I get it and figure out a fair way to run/time the game on a forum, but if we've managed it with One Night and Resistance, I'm sure we can for Deception as well.

Anyway, I'd like to get a general interest lost for when I run the game. I'm looking for anywhere between 5 and 10 players.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

mia h

Sounds like it could be fun.
Just one question is a Box of Cornflakes one of the means? Want to know if there's a possibility of there being a cereal killer  :P
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Galactic Druid

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Remiel on March 08, 2016, 02:04:43 PM
Oh FUCK yes.   Me me me me me!!!

<3

Quote from: mia h on March 07, 2016, 02:51:12 PM
Sounds like it could be fun.
Just one question is a Box of Cornflakes one of the means? Want to know if there's a possibility of there being a cereal killer  :P

Btw, did you want me to add you to the player roster, miss mia?

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

mia h

yugi006

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

Galactic Druid

Clio

Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Galactic Druid

NightOwl35

Gonna drop my name in here, to help the investigations!

Mintprincess

Galactic Druid

Got room for 2 more! Since I'm already dead, I'll be starting this up soon.

Mintprincess

Hoooooow come my name and nights names are all codified but no one else is?

Galactic Druid

I have no idea why my phone changed "35" to " 37", but yours I was just goofing around with. =p

NightOwl35

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 20, 2016, 09:52:19 PM
I have no idea why my phone changed "35" to " 37", but yours I was just goofing around with. =p

Sure, blame the phone  ;D.

Galactic Druid

I'm sending out roles during my lunch after I catch up on a few posts. Would anybody like to volunteer for Forensic Scientist? Remember, being FS means having limited ways to communicate in the game thread, but is a very fun role to play.

If we have multiple volunteers, I'll roll a dice between them when I pass out roles. Also, those who haven't had a chance at the role in the last set of rounds I ran here will have first priority.

Galactic Druid

Since no one claimed it, I rolled a die for everyone;

Test Roll: ThatRPGuy rolled: 1d8
Comment:
Result: 7,
Total: 7
Note that this is a test roll and not saved.

NightOwl35, you're up for Forensics!

Mintprincess

I didn't claim it because you know I need my communication!!

NightOwl35

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 21, 2016, 11:42:28 AM
Since no one claimed it, I rolled a die for everyone;

Test Roll: ThatRPGuy rolled: 1d8
Comment:
Result: 7,
Total: 7
Note that this is a test roll and not saved.

NightOwl35, you're up for Forensics!

Funny thing, I was gonna volunteer haha :P!

Galactic Druid

Role PMs are out and game thread is up. As soon as I finish gathering some information, we can get started! In the meantime, feel free to look over the game thread to get a feel for what's out there and decide what you might want to use in the event you end up the murderer. Good luck!

Galactic Druid

Promise you guys haven't been forgotten. I'm still waiting on something before we can start.

Galactic Druid

Galactic Druid

Scratch that, still gathering a bit more information. Please hold.

mia h

mia h

Quick question is Minty's first murder card supposed to be a Venomous Snake? Because Venomous Rice Wine would be a strange way to go  ;D

Galactic Druid

That would indeed be a typo. Slightly appropriate one, given the setting, but a typo. The game has started for real mow, by the way. You guys are free to accuse one another wildly.

Galactic Druid

I always wanna play this game when I run it, but I could only be the FS since I know everything from setting up, and I don't wanna take that from anyone. If I set up a special invitational round that I'm running as FS, aside from the main game thread, would anyone be interested in indulging me?

Ryven

mia h

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 25, 2016, 09:30:01 AM
I always wanna play this game when I run it, but I could only be the FS since I know everything from setting up, and I don't wanna take that from anyone. If I set up a special invitational round that I'm running as FS, aside from the main game thread, would anyone be interested in indulging me?
I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Mintprincess

Madame Professor

I would happily run it, also, if you wish to play, Guy.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

yugi006

I'm game.

Madame Professor

Also, in case it wasn't obvious, I'm up for it.

Galactic Druid

I'd like to start round 2 on Friday, just as this one wraps up. Who all is in?

Mintprincess

Wouldn't it be the same people ? Consider me in for all three. 

Clio

yugi006

mia h

I wouldn't mind having a go at the Forensic Scientist

Galactic Druid

Quote from: mia h on March 31, 2016, 10:50:27 AM
I wouldn't mind having a go at the Forensic Scientist

I called dubs on this bonus round!

I may run both rounds at once, but I'm worried two at once would be too much.

NightOwl35

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 31, 2016, 07:16:28 AM
I'd like to start round 2 on Friday, just as this one wraps up. Who all is in?

I'm going to have to unfortunately say I'm out, due to some things going on.

Galactic Druid

Madame Professor

Galactic Druid

Confirmed;

Ryven, mia h, Mint, MP, yugi006, Christa, Remi, Guy

That's 8! We have room for two more before we're full.

Galactic Druid

The bonus thread is up, but I'm too exhausted to get everything else started tonight, so we'll officially get started soon... after rest. Night all!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=246825.0

Galactic Druid

I have a good feeling this round will wrap up soon, so I'd like to see who'se interested for the next one? It'll be back to normal FS rotation, volunteers first, die roll among them or the full group.

mia h

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 04, 2016, 01:12:41 PM
I have a good feeling this round will wrap up soon, so I'd like to see who'se interested for the next one? It'll be back to normal FS rotation, volunteers first, die roll among them or the full group.

I'd like to be FS as well sometime.

Clio

I'm in, and I'd like to put my name in the line as well.

Galactic Druid

So far it's between you three for the next FS. That's the nice thing about the role;s8nce it's public, people can volunteer as tribute to try it without breaking the game.

Mintprincess

I will let you guys try since I did it game night. <3

Galactic Druid

Hey everyone;

I hate to say it, but it looks like I made a bad call with my April Fool's joke this round. I did something similar in another game last year, and it was a big hit, and I really thought everyone was going to enjoy the joke here. From what I've gathered, that was not the case.

Anyway, I would never have run it if I didn't think everyone would have a good time and a laugh at the end, and since that's not how it went, I owe you all an apology. To those of you who didn't enjoy it, I am sorry. Next year, I'll leave the jokes out of the games I run.

Galactic Druid

Oh, and for those of you who still want to play (real round this time, promise), I'll get one started as soon as I have enough interest to run. As of now, we'd need 3 more for a game.

Galactic Druid

So I have Ryven, mia h, Christa, and Mint so far. Anybody else interested,

Madame Professor

Ryven

Mintprincess

Ryven

mia h

But look at it this way, if it's a double homicide we'll all know it's Ryven  ;D

yugi006

Ryven

Quote from: mia h on April 05, 2016, 06:16:53 PM
But look at it this way, if it's a double homicide we'll all know it's Ryven  ;D

You gotta guess both means of murder though. ;)

mia h

Quote from: Ryven on April 05, 2016, 06:35:51 PM
You gotta guess both means of murder though. ;)
Shotgun, one barrel a piece.  :P

Ryven

Galactic Druid

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 05, 2016, 02:58:54 PM
So I have Ryven, mia h, Christa, and Mint so far. Anybody else interested,

Plus MP, Remi, yugi, and an extra Ryven. That's technically 7!

Ryven

Extra Ryven is my favorite addition to my pizza orders.

Clio

Quote from: Ryven on April 05, 2016, 08:45:14 PM
Extra Ryven is my favorite addition to my pizza orders.

That has to be a porn reference...

Phoenixrisen

~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Ryven

Bruja

Galactic Druid

That's a full game! I'll start drafting roles soon, and make the board tonight.

Galactic Druid

It looks like the die roll for FS is between Ryven, mia, and Christa, unless anyone else chimes in before lunch.

Galactic Druid

Okay, question for everyone. I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it's a good one...

With this many players, the investigators have a lot of guesses, and plenty of chances for the witness to hide behind someone. In the interest of giving the criminal team a bit more of a fighting chance, I was thinking of trying this rule, which I couldn't pull off in a tabletop setting;

Instead of rolling the dice and assigning the roles of murderer and accomplice to individual players, I'd instead roll 2 players that would be the Criminal Team. They'd get the same group PM along with the FS, but instead of me naming the murderer and asking them to pick, the criminal team would decide which of the two of them would get to be the murderer and the accomplice. The murderer would still pick only from their own set of cards and gameplay would continue from there as normal, it would basically just give the evil team a little bit more options during the setup.

As always, the witness would learn that those two individuals were seen at the crime scene, but since they never learned who was the murderer and who was accomplice anyway, it wouldn't have any impact on their role either.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Try the criminal team rule, or stick to passing out specific roles?

Mintprincess

Bruja

mia h

Galactic Druid

mia, I promise I'm never trying anything like that again. I learned my lesson...

Clio

Galactic Druid

And I'm still really sorry guys. I feel like such an ass since that round...

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 06, 2016, 12:35:34 PM
Okay, question for everyone. I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it's a good one...

With this many players, the investigators have a lot of guesses, and plenty of chances for the witness to hide behind someone. In the interest of giving the criminal team a bit more of a fighting chance, I was thinking of trying this rule, which I couldn't pull off in a tabletop setting;

Instead of rolling the dice and assigning the roles of murderer and accomplice to individual players, I'd instead roll 2 players that would be the Criminal Team. They'd get the same group PM along with the FS, but instead of me naming the murderer and asking them to pick, the criminal team would decide which of the two of them would get to be the murderer and the accomplice. The murderer would still pick only from their own set of cards and gameplay would continue from there as normal, it would basically just give the evil team a little bit more options during the setup.

As always, the witness would learn that those two individuals were seen at the crime scene, but since they never learned who was the murderer and who was accomplice anyway, it wouldn't have any impact on their role either.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Try the criminal team rule, or stick to passing out specific roles?

I don't see this affecting the rules, so let's do it.

yugi006

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 06, 2016, 12:35:34 PM

I'm up for it.

Galactic Druid

Remi, mia h,MP, yugi,  Rapt, Christa, Mint, and pheonix w/Ryven

Galactic Druid

Oh my god, I just spent several minutes trying to figure out why I had too many players when I was careful with my invites.

* ThatRPGuy boots the second Ryven.

There we go.

Galactic Druid

The dice has chosen Ryven to be the next scientist!

Galactic Druid

Roles are out, and now I collect information before we begin. I think I may have forgotten to put a subject for a few of the role PMs a sent, so please before sure to check for any (No Subject) PMs from me.

Ryven

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Galactic Druid

Ryven

Are we not started yet?  I'm dying to get this shindig kickin'.

mia h

Quote from: Ryven on April 07, 2016, 03:35:37 PM
Are we not started yet?  I'm dying to get this shindig kickin'.

No we have to wait until Minty has killed someone in the Dining Room with the Lead Pipe.

Dammit, wrong game again!

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Ryven

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on April 07, 2016, 03:51:50 PM
Someone is bound to own Clue...

There needs to be a "Board Game" key evidence card with the image of Clue on it.

Phoenixrisen

Quote from: Ryven on April 07, 2016, 04:06:05 PM
There needs to be a "Board Game" key evidence card with the image of Clue on it.

That would be adorable.
New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Mintprincess

Quote from: mia h on April 07, 2016, 03:37:27 PM
No we have to wait until Minty has killed someone in the Dining Room with the Lead Pipe.

Dammit, wrong game again!
oh darling if I'm going to kill someone it won't be in the dining room .....

yugi006

Quote from: Mintprincess on April 07, 2016, 06:12:24 PM
oh darling if I'm going to kill someone it won't be in the dining room .....

Your weapon of choice would be your wolf angs instead of a lead pipe. ;)

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on April 07, 2016, 03:51:50 PM
Someone is bound to own Clue...

You suggesting someone run it on here? :)

Galactic Druid

Alright, I think I'm going to do one more round, then take a break for a bit, as I want to make sure no one gets burnt out, as well as have a cooldown period before the VtM mafia game starts next month. So, who'se in?

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

yugi006

Ryven

Madame Professor

Galactic Druid

I'm going to go ahead and note Rel Mayar's interest here, I promised her I'd make sure she was in the next round.

Bruja

Blythe

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 16, 2016, 11:55:13 PM
Alright, I think I'm going to do one more round, then take a break for a bit, as I want to make sure no one gets burnt out, as well as have a cooldown period before the VtM mafia game starts next month. So, who'se in?

I'm in.  :-) Also interested in having a go at trying to be the FS, just to toss my name in the hat for that.

Galactic Druid

Players:

Phoenix
yugi
Ryven
Rapt
MP
Blythe
Remi
Christa
NightOwl
TheLeslie

FS Candidates:
Blythe
MP
Christa

I'll probably start this Monday or Tuesday, depending on how quickly we fill up. Please let me know if you want to be added to the possible FS pool.

Galactic Druid

Madame Professor

Clio

Also in...and would be interested in FS as well.

Galactic Druid

Rel Mayer

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 17, 2016, 10:14:02 AM
I'm going to go ahead and note Rel Mayar's interest here, I promised her I'd make sure she was in the next round.

This! I'll also bookmark this thread now.

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Galactic Druid

Everyone I've invited has responded. If any of you would like to invite a friend, I won't have time to sit down in front of an actual computer and start the round until tomorrow evening. There's room for 2 more, so feel free to drag a friend in here.

NightOwl35

Welp you've poked me here, and after my disaster as a FS I'm ready to start doing some investigative work on my own  C:)!

Galactic Druid

theLeslie

Sign me up. =P  Maybe I can beat Yugi while we're both still new! xD

Galactic Druid

That's all my invites! Tomorrow, We'll kick this pig!

yugi006

Quote from: theLeslie on April 20, 2016, 10:48:05 PM
Sign me up. =P  Maybe I can beat Yugi while we're both still new! xD

I've never even been the murderer yet. I thought we were going to work together.  :P

Galactic Druid

Well, of our tributes volunteers, it would appear that our last FS is Blythe!!

Blythe

Galactic Druid

Also, apol9goes for my tardiness, this has been a busy week and weekend. In a couple hours, I should have the game up.

Galactic Druid

Alright, everything is set up and sent out. Now I just need to gather some information, and we can begin!

Phoenixrisen

New folks friendly.

Updated 9/21

Galactic Druid

We have everything we need! Blythe, you may play your first clue whenever you want! Remember, you can play the first two in either order!

Rel Mayer

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 30, 2016, 01:03:06 AM
We have everything we need! Blythe, you may play your first clue whenever you want! Remember, you can play the first two in either order!

I think you forgot I was playing, RPguy!

Edit: well, I don't see my name on the sign up list anymore. Weird, I thought I saw it before.

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 17, 2016, 10:14:02 AM

He did.  See above quote.

Galactic Druid

Why didn't you mention that a week ago? I just forgot to copy/paste your setup sheet from Docs. I believe you have your role PM, I just need to cart the rest of your info over.

Edit: Done, looks like I just scrolled down too far during copy/paste.

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 30, 2016, 10:06:18 AM
Why didn't you mention that a week ago? I just forgot to copy/paste your setup sheet from Docs. I believe you have your role PM, I just need to cart the rest of your info over.

Edit: Done, looks like I just scrolled down too far during copy/paste.

Do we have to start the game over now?  If Rel was not included in the initial players, it's kind of obvious she's not the murderer.

Rel Mayer

Ryven

Quote from: Rel Mayer on April 30, 2016, 11:42:33 AM
My bad for posting in the OOC. >.>

It's all good.  I'm pretty sure someone would have noticed eventually.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Ryven on April 30, 2016, 11:40:25 AM
Do we have to start the game over now?  If Rel was not included in the initial players, it's kind of obvious she's not the murderer.

Well... shoot. I was hoping I could slip that in discretely, but yeah, I guess it's a little late for that.

Galactic Druid

Rebooting now, but I'm keeping the same evidence and weapon cards. They haven't been used yet, after all.

Galactic Druid

Alright, rolls are reshuffled, now we just need to gather information and we can begin.

Galactic Druid

I hate to say this, but I just made a huge mistake with the roles. In my rush to fix the game, I accidentally gave a player more information than they should have. I'm going to reroll one more time to make sure the game is fair for everyone. I'm very sorry about the mistake, everyone.

Galactic Druid

Galactic Druid

I'd like to take a moment and thank everyone who played and made this game so much fun. This last round was especially fun! It was great to see all the fun discussion, especially near the end there. Thank yo all for playing, and putting up with both of the reboots.

As I mentioned before, that was the last round for a little while. I like to try and have a cooldown between game sessions on LCS to ensure no one gets burn out between some of the larger games that happen here. Those of you who haven't had your fill yet of lying, cheating, and stealing, I'd strongly encourage you all to check out Blythe's Vampire: Masquerade themed mafia game that starts sometime around a week from now. I know he's put a lot of effort into it, and I'm excited to be playing in it myself!

Any feedback on Deception, how you enjoyed it, or what you'd like to see be done differently is welcome and appreciated, and thank you all again for playing!

Remiel

I always make the Fundamental Attribution Error:  I always assume that the Forensic Scientist would pick the same clues that I would.

But thank you for running this, Guy!  It was a lot of fun!