Wanted/Interest Check: Old World of Darkness game (NC Exotic?)

Started by Korbl, February 20, 2011, 12:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korbl

Oh... probably best to figure on this being NC Exotic, well, it's sure as hell exotic.

Who all would be interested in an Old World of Darkness game? I'm not thinking of running/moderating it, I really suck at that, especially online, but if someone were interested in running it, I'd definitely want to play.

So who'd be up for it? Would people want a specific game line or a multi-crossover game? Personally I think it'd be more interesting to have at least a few different game lines involved.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

AmbrosiaX

Hey Korbl! I'm new to these forums, but I explicitly joined so that I could see if anyone was interested in playing a Vampire the Masquerade chat-game. I'm more than willing to ST, but obviously we'd need to find about 3-5 more players. The game will be explicitly for Vampires and will not allow PCs of any other category, so no Kuei-Jin, Mages, Werewolves, Hunters, Mummies, etc. Further, I'd like to see game sessions happen in a variety of different mediums. Primarily amongst them will be a weekly, chat based game which will be responsible for moving the plot forward(roughly 3xp for attendance, 4xp for exceptional roleplaying.) However, I'd like for the players to be able to develop their neonates in a more robust fashion. As such I will reward posting in the forums with minor XP bumps(1 or 2, depending on relevance/quality) and for playing with individually with other players. The latter will require logged scenes to be submitted so I can also reward xp, but more importantly, so I can make sure everything is kosher and reward individual progression. Also, and perhaps most importantly, the game isnt going to focus on ERP. I'd like for the group sessions to play like any normal sessions. They will deal with mature themes, obviously, but the purpose of the weekly sessions isn't to mess around. Whatever happens in the play-by-post or individual sessions on the other hand... :D

The setting itself will take place in San Francisco during the late 1960's. I will not be relying on any of the supplements regarding San Francisco, so I will provide any and all of the relevant information. Some of the changes will cover leadership, the boundaries of leadership(the Prince of San Francisco controls the entire bay, not just one city), changes in the supernatural make-up of the bay, etc. The kind of vision I have for the game is one which explores the humanity of vampires and how it degrades over the decades. I also want the PCs to enjoy the transition from neonate to luminary, hence setting it in the 1960's.

Anyways, I hope you're interested in playing. Expect a full write-up in a few days okay?

RubySlippers

I'll play but not sure about chat-based if its a chat room typing, maybe if its easy to do like Yahoo Group site with the chat available but I like the game idea. It will depend.

Roo

I would also be interested in this, depending on the day/time for the chat. Do you have stipulations regarding character creation, etc., AmbrosiaX, or will this be in your full write up?
"Are you crazy, is that your problem?" -Jack Burton

Aragem

I might be interested.  Depending on day/time as well.

I have access to the books, so just let me know what is required as in creating characters and I can create my own.

BenedictWolfe

AmbrosiaX

Quote from: Roo on February 23, 2011, 10:30:09 PM
I would also be interested in this, depending on the day/time for the chat. Do you have stipulations regarding character creation, etc., AmbrosiaX, or will this be in your full write up?

Hey! I'll have a full write up completed by tomorrow or monday at the latest :D

The game itself will ideally follow your characters development from a fledgling to a powerful neonate(on par with most ancilla in terms of abilities, if not age.) So, it will be standard chargen with characters choosing from clans allied with the Camarilla. I will also allow players to choose Lasombra antitribu and Ravnos. For the most part, we'll keep the abilities/merits/backgrounds limited to those found in the corebook and the Guide to the Camarilla/Sabbat.

There will be some slight changes to chargen because of the setting, obviously. Starting in the 1970s means that Camarilla aligned Malkavians typically start with Dominate instead of Dementation, though I'm flexible on that. Other things like Computers will obviously have to be amended.

Time will move somewhat rapidly in the game world, as I'd like to progress through the decades and let you develop your characters into figures of importance for the Bay Area kindred. I imagine the main weekly scene to be a way for you to progress the metaplot forward. I'd like for the players to develop their own plots however, as they pursue their nightly schemes of accessing more power for themselves. This will ideally be expressed through play-by-post and more impromptu 1-on-1 scenes with other players or myself. Like I said above, the main sessions will not be erotic, though they will be adult-themed. Anything that happens on the side, on the other hand, is fair game. Depending on how the game goes, I'd be more than willing to open up the setting and run a number of different chronicles set in the bay during this time. But thats a thought for another day :D

Finally, to give you some idea of the initial plot. It is 1969 and the dream of the Golden State is dying. Weary of the dreams, sex, violence, drugs and social upheaval of the 60's, the people of California have begun to advocate for a dramatic shift in direction. The election of Ronald Reagan is the clearest sign of this and already he has started a brutal crackdown against the protestors based in Berkeley and San Francisco. More symbolic than lethal, the crackdown would herald the coming Conservative revolution which would dramatically alter the entire state. Amidst the political upheaval, fear of the Zodiac killer has ripped through the Bay Area, causing tensions as neighbors begin to suspect anyone who might seem "different." As waves of conservative and xenophobic sentiment begin to grip the Bay, the Malkavian Prince of San Francisco has reportedly met his final death. Whether or not the rumors are true, what is known is that power now rests uneasily in the hands of three members of the primogen. Each is unable to out-manuever the other or secure the entirety of the Bay and as their frustration mounts, kindred of all clans are forced to choose sides and prepare for the coming conflict.

Anyways, I hope this seems interesting. I'll post a more complete interest check soon enough :D

Bloody Rose

Roo

Woo! That all sounds interesting, AmbrosiaX. I look forward to the full write up.  :-)
"Are you crazy, is that your problem?" -Jack Burton

Korbl

Sorry, I'm not particularly interested in a vampire chat game, glad you have some people who are, though.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

BenedictWolfe