Besm 3rd edition(slightly homebrewed) fate stay night game. interested?

Started by Saikotsu, August 02, 2012, 06:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikotsu

Hey all,
Just thought I'd throw the idea out there to see who would bite. I'll be back on a little later to provide more details, but feel free to express any comments or concerns in the meantime.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

AndyZ

I'm a big BESM 3E fan, and I know there are others out there who I can send towards your stuff when I get back tomorrow night, but I don't know too much about Fate/Stay Night. 

I'm also not personally a big fan of using canon characters for things, though a bunch of original characters in a particular setting can be fun if there aren't any spoilers to the main idea.

Hopefully not being too mean or anything there...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Saikotsu

Then you're in luck because i don't like playing canon characters. I always worry I'll play them improperly. When I say fate stay night, I'm referring more to a "grail war" setting. Essentially, 7 magii in the modern era summon epic heroes and villains from the past, present, and future to fight in a ritual to obtain the "holy grail" a magical phenomenon that can grant any wish to the winning master/servant team. I'll post more details throught the day, but feel free to look through the type moon wiki in the meantime. Just search Www.typemoon.wikia.com. look up grail war. Since I'm at work I'll only be able to post during breaks until later this evening, otherwise I'd provide more details. the below link should give you most of whatvyou need to know.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Fate/stay_night
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Saikotsu

In general, in the games I've gmed and played, the players are masters, and their servants are npc's. It actually works out pretty well. I've also played in games where some players are not masters. Each player will be given 150 character points to build their character. My friends and I have a house rule for stats: during character creation, to raise a point in body/mind/soul takes only one point up to rank 6. To raise it to 7 takes 10 points, 8 takes 20, 9 takes 30, 10 takes 40 and so forth, with 12 being the highest rank achievable.  After character creation, it costs 10 points up tp rank 7, then it increases as outlined above.
Furthermore, we'll be rolling for summoning order, servant class, and servant. of course, if you want a specific servant, we can discuss that.
- a friend

cmpuncle

Well guess I could give it a shot if you're still going to shoot for this one, maybe attempt to finish up with my guy from the previous one.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Saikotsu

this things been up for a while, though I'm willing to restart or start fresh.
- a friend

MelisaArtemis

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

MelisaArtemis

AndyZ

I don't think it ever fully started.

I've been learning Fate/Stay Night, though, so an original story based on the concept could lure me in if there's no spoilers beyond basic concept.

MelisaArtemis

Bloody Rose

MelisaArtemis

well, this thing seem to be in hiatus or just died. I can attempt to start up a new one with similar concept

Bloody Rose

yeah I think it died before I noticed it. Anyways it was good while it lasted lol

Tydorei

fate stay night? Yes please. I will respond more to this, when I am sober.... just wanted to show my interest. BTW, im pretty bad ass. I noticed i did not spell shit wrong. fuckng awesome.

Saikotsu

I'm surprised to see so much activity out of the blue!  I'm still willing to do this.
- a friend

MelisaArtemis

Kunoichi

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on October 25, 2012, 12:43:41 AM
Well, I call dibs on playing Servant Caster

Darn, and here I had a great idea for a Caster. ^^; Oh well.  Still, I'm certainly interested in a good Fate-inspired game, although I'm not all that familiar with BESM.  I'd certainly be interested in playing if this game is actually going to run.

AndyZ

Well, according to the OP, they'll be rolled, but he may allow people to pick specific ones.  I don't mind waiting to see what I get if we go the random route.

Kunoichi

Ah. ^^; Hmm.  Reading more closely over what's been written, I'm not quite sure I agree with the idea of the players just being the Masters in a Grail War game.  It's true that those are the characters the existing stories focus on, but in my experience, most people would rather be the Servants.  They're the ones who get to be the centerpieces of the action, after all.

Maybe we could just have NPC Masters, instead?

AndyZ

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Reading through the rules now, it looks like the Masters could be represented as Companions fairly easily.  And I'm definitely liking how well this system can model some of the powers I've got in mind for a Caster...

Saikotsu

Indeed it can.  We don't have to limit ourselves to only masters, I've decided that the players can be either Master Or Servant.  I'll play the partner, unless you specifically want to team up with another player. 
- a friend

cmpuncle

I'd probably stick with  just playing a master since i didn't get much chance to explore the one I plan on using, thre first time through.  Don't know if you'd want me to have the same servant as well....
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Saikotsu

we could do that. I've refined the previous storyline a bit, but it shouldn't affect your storyline that much. (though I did make a tiny mistake with your circumstances. I'll pm you the details later).

Before I start writing up a pseudo character sheet, there are some background details you should know. 
First, regarding me and where my knowledge base is from, I've watched the Fate Stay/Night show, and I've played through all three storylines of the Fate game.  (Stay/Night, Unlimited Bladeworks, and Heavens Feel). I've also played Unlimited Codes, and and I've gotten through Ciel's storyline in Tsukihime. I've started reading through the novel of Fate Zero as well. I've played through several Fate BESM games both as a gm and as a player. I've also read through a good deal of the typemoon wikia. I'll be pulling my inspiration from the above sources.

Secondly, related to the world itself.  It has been 15 years since the end of the Fuyuki City grail war. The Einzbern family has entered into a pact with two rival Magus Families, the McFarlanes and the McLeods, in order to re-create the ritual.  As with previous wars, a member from each family will be selected as a master. The remaining four masters can be anyone.  If you want your master to be from one of the two original families, send me a PM and I'll discuss details to you. If you want to be from the Einzberns or another canon family, send me a PM and we'll go over it as well.
- a friend