The Maiden Voyage of RMS Mystic (CLOSED for Recruiting)

Started by Zillah, March 03, 2013, 11:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nim

Hello Zillah,

I am very interested in playing in this very interesting concept of yours.  I still have some collaborating to do with my in game writing partner (Secretwriter) as far as plotting goes. So there may be more added to the Bio at some point. But I wanted to let you know about our interest before you closed the game to new applications.   

~grins~

Name: Jordan Cobblestone

Position: First Class Passenger

Sexual Preferences: Dominant, Straight

Appearance: 5'8" lean but fit. Dark brown hair almost black, side burns, wicked smile and expressive eyebrows

Personality: Top cat of his universe in full control of both his own and soon to be 'Trophy Wife's destiny.  (Future Trophy Wife to be played by Secretwriter)  Mr. Cobblestone is very possessive of his possession's including the future Mrs. Cobblestone. 

Background: 1st born son of a multimillionaire cattle rancher out of Texas Jordan's path was laid out before him even before he was born.  Three years after taking over his father's business oil was discovered in a little used portion of the ranch.  This discovery combined with Jordan's strong mind for business matters nearly tripled the family fortune seemingly overnight.

Mr. Cobblestone spent a great deal of time adding to the family fortune but he also took the time to enjoy all that life had to offer.  He absolutely loved going to the theater.  Whether it be for plays, opera's or to hear some new symphony play one could always count on seeing one of the towns most eligible bachelor arrive with some new young lady in tow.  When asked by his parents when he planned to settle down with one woman and get married he always replied, "Only if and when I find the most absolutely perfect woman for me will I consider settling down."  When asked about what this perfect woman would be like he would only smile and say, "I don't know yet but I'll know her when I see her."     

While many saw the tragic sinking of the RMS Titanic as the beginning of the end of the White Star Line.  Mr. Cobblestone saw it as a business opportunity of a life time.  And quickly set his shrewd business mind to the task of buying up as many shares of the shipping line as he could possibly get his hands on.  For this he had actually made the long trip to Liverpool where he privately and semi secretly set about making his purchases.  He had been living in Europe for nearly a year when his business there finally drew to a close. 

About a month before he was to set sail back to America he was given tickets to a new play along with a back stage pass to meet the cast and crew.  It was there he finally found the most absolutely perfect woman for him.  A Miss Mary Agnes Hawthorne who caught and held his attention from the very moment he first saw her walk on to the stage.  The whole month that he had spent with her had been by far the grandest month of his life up to that point.  It nearly broke his heart when it came time to leave but they vowed to keep in touch and it was a vow that both of them kept. 

A year later also keeping to his word he returned back to her loving embrace vowing never to leave her again.  Two weeks before the RMS Mystic was to leave on her maiden voyage Mr. Cobblestone had knelt down on one knee to propose to the one and only person he completely trusted and loved.

Chrystal

Zillah, Branwen and Haibain all in the same game? How could I resist!

Name: Mme Yvonne Chabat

Sexual Preferences: Switch, Lesbian but not above spanking the occasional naughty little boy!

Appearance: Short, at only 157cm, her hair is naturally curly. Her figure is somewhat full which due to her short stature makes her look plump. In fact she is very fit, weighs 61 Kilos and most of her curves are muscle. Her eyes are deep brown, her skin is bronzed by the Mediterranean sun. She likes to wear the latest flapper fashions, but only in black.

Personality: Yvonne is an outrageous flirt with the ladies. She is more than willing to chase after any woman that catches her eye, and is even happier to have women chase her. She is happy-go-lucky, rich, and adventurous. She can, to some, seem cold and unfeeling, and she is by no means ready to have any sort of permanent relationship. Rather, she is looking to play the field, see how many young women she can seduce to her bed. She may even be interested in seducing a young man or two if they were the right sort and didn't mind waking up the next morning with a lot of bruises...

Background: Yvonne was born in Marseilles to Katerine and Claude Orfèvre. At seventeen years old, she was married to Ernest Chabat, who was twice her age and owned a number of very successful businesses in Marseilles, including a bank, a fish canning plant, a number of theatres and one of the new-fangled moving image theatres. He also enjoyed a lucrative trade shipping guns across the Mediterranean to North Africa, for the Foreign Legion.

Not surprisingly, Ernest Chabat was very rich, which was the only reason Yvonne agreed to marry him. Her parents had been delighted at such a wonderful match, but Yvonne had no interest in men whatever. The fact that a good Jewish man in good standing with his fellow man had asked for her hand was neither here nor there.

Ernest managed to stay out of the Great War by insisting that he was far more valuable to France running his gun factory. The word "profiteering" was an ugly one and he insisted he was not at every opportunity. After the war ended, Ernest and Yvonne stayed in Marseilles until the fateful day, just over a year ago when Ernest was driving his brand new Renault 40cv Tourer along a mountain road, lost control and crashed. The young woman in the motor car with him was later identified as Yvonne's social secretary. Both were killed instantly.

Of course, Yvonne inherited everything. She is on the ship to America to get away from the ugly rumours circulating around Marseilles that she had something to do with her husband's death, that the brakes on his car had been some how tampered with, and that she was jealous because he had stolen the girl from her.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Secretwriter

I'll have my bio up later this evening, but I might be pretty scarce for the next few days. *spanks Chrystal's tushie gently* It's her fault. *nods sagely but laughs*

In seriousness, I'm playing the cheese to Mr. Cobblestone's macaroni... Gotta do some plotting to figure out if she was his secretary or not. ;)  Miss Cheese will [lol that's not her name] be bisexual but leaning toward men.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Chrystal

Dayum. Secret, you are so mean! And why is it my fault? You're only in one other RP with me... ;-)

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Secretwriter

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

Zillah

Quote from: Nim on March 05, 2013, 04:50:58 PM
Hello Zillah,

I am very interested in playing in this very interesting concept of yours.  I still have some collaborating to do with my in game writing partner (Secretwriter) as far as plotting goes. So there may be more added to the Bio at some point. But I wanted to let you know about our interest before you closed the game to new applications.   

~grins~

Name: Jordan Cobblestone

Sexual Preferences: Dominant, Straight

Appearance: 5'8" lean but fit. Dark brown hair almost black, side burns, wicked smile and expressive eyebrows

Personality: Top cat of his universe in full control of both his own and soon to be 'Trophy Wife's destiny.  (Future Trophy Wife to be played by Secretwriter)  Mr. Cobblestone is very possessive of his possession's including the future Mrs. Cobblestone. 

Background: 1st born son of a multimillionaire cattle rancher out of Texas Jordan's path was laid out before him even before he was born.  Three years after taking over his father's business oil was discovered in a little used portion of the ranch.  This discovery combined with Jordan's strong mind for business matters nearly tripled the family fortune seemingly overnight.  And while much of the country floundered under an economic depression both the Oil and Cattle industry particularly the Oil industry thrived and prospered. 

While many saw the tragic sinking of the RMS Titanic as the beginning of the end of the White Star Line.  Mr. Cobblestone saw it as a business opportunity of a life time.  And quickly set his shrewd business mind to the task of buying up as many shares of the shipping line as he could possibly get his hands on.  Making a show of faith in his investment Mr. Jordan Cobblestone along with his 'Trophy Wife' to be embark on The Maiden Voyage of RMS Mystic.

Hey Nim,

Glad to have you here! Looking forward to seeing your character (& Secret's!) when they're completed. :)

One nitpick - during most of the Twenties, the economy was booming, particularly in the oil industry. The Great Depression didn't start until the fall of 1929 - two years after this RP takes place. So if you can remove the references to "economic depression", that works much better. Thanks!

Branwen

What a nice compliment to read, Chrystal.  Thank you so much.  :)  I am excited to be writing with you and all these wonderful people I haven't had the chance to do so with yet.

Nim

Quote from: Zillah on March 05, 2013, 05:30:42 PM

Hey Nim,

Glad to have you here! Looking forward to seeing your character (& Secret's!) when they're completed. :)

One nitpick - during most of the Twenties, the economy was booming, particularly in the oil industry. The Great Depression didn't start until the fall of 1929 - two years after this RP takes place. So if you can remove the references to "economic depression", that works much better. Thanks!

Thank you Zillah and I'm glad to be here.  This really looks like its shaping up to be a very fun game.

~Laughs and pokes Secret... it was the macaroni's Cheese's idea but yeah I'll remove it.~

Zillah

Quote from: Chrystal on March 05, 2013, 04:56:29 PM
Zillah, Branwen and Haibain all in the same game? How could I resist!

Name: Mme Yvonne Chabat

Sexual Preferences: Switch, Lesbian but not above spanking the occasional naughty little boy!

Appearance: Short, at only 157cm, her hair is naturally curly. Her figure is somewhat full which due to her short stature makes her look plump. In fact she is very fit, weighs 61 Kilos and most of her curves are muscle. Her eyes are deep brown, her skin is bronzed by the Mediterranean sun. She likes to wear the latest flapper fashions, but only in black.

Personality: Yvonne is an outrageous flirt with the ladies. She is more than willing to chase after any woman that catches her eye, and is even happier to have women chase her. She is happy-go-lucky, rich, and adventurous. She can, to some, seem cold and unfeeling, and she is by no means ready to have any sort of permanent relationship. Rather, she is looking to play the field, see how many young women she can seduce to her bed. She may even be interested in seducing a young man or two if they were the right sort and didn't mind waking up the next morning with a lot of bruises...

Background: Yvonne was born in Marseilles to Katerine and Claude Orfèvre. At seventeen years old, she was married to Ernest Chabat, who was twice her age and owned a number of very successful businesses in Marseilles, including a bank, a fish canning plant, a number of theatres and one of the new-fangled moving image theatres. He also enjoyed a lucrative trade shipping guns across the Mediterranean to North Africa, for the Foreign Legion.

Not surprisingly, Ernest Chabat was very rich, which was the only reason Yvonne agreed to marry him. Her parents had been delighted at such a wonderful match, but Yvonne had no interest in men whatever. The fact that a good Jewish man in good standing with his fellow man had asked for her hand was neither here nor there.

Ernest managed to stay out of the Great War by insisting that he was far more valuable to France running his gun factory. The word "profiteering" was an ugly one and he insisted he was not at every opportunity. After the war ended, Ernest and Yvonne stayed in Marseilles until the fateful day, just over a year ago when Ernest was driving his brand new Renault 40cv Tourer along a mountain road, lost control and crashed. The young woman in the motor car with him was later identified as Yvonne's social secretary. Both were killed instantly.

Of course, Yvonne inherited everything. She is on the ship to America to get away from the ugly rumours circulating around Marseilles that she had something to do with her husband's death, that the brakes on his car had been some how tampered with, and that she was jealous because he had stolen the girl from her.

Ha! Oh, I can tell she's going to be lots of fun, Chrystal ... approved, approved, approved!

Secretwriter

Oh Snap, Zils! I was thinking that the economic decline began a few years before the depression. That's why I told him to add in the bit about some of the companies being a bit under the weather.  Sorry, babes!<3

Zillah

Alysanthia

Man... Abigail might be tempted to be pretty unladylike like with all these men around. lol

Secretwriter

Name: Mary Agnes Hawthorne

Sexual Preferences: Bisexual leaning toward men, submissive to men, but not to women.

Personality: Fun, brash, and a little bit lewd, Mary Agnes grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, lower middle class with lots of siblings. She's used to having to share everything that she's ever possessed and only has one thing that has ever been entirely hers, which is a locket that was given to her by her namesake, Mary Agnes Bennett, her maternal great-grandmother.  Always just a bit on the wild side, she has spent more time pretending to be a bad ass than truly being one, as her goals are to become a silver screen starlet, she acts in a small stage troupe that does a lot of classical plays such as Shakespeare, though she doesn't find the man to be so very bloody brilliant. 

She has had only a hand full of male lovers though she pretends or alludes to the possibility of having more, though she neither confirms nor denies this.  She has been fairly chaste due to the fact that she doesn't want to have a child and get her career derailed before it truly got started. She has spent more of her sexual time with women for that reason.

Though she has always found being a lady to be overrated, she tries to display her manners everywhere but the bedroom with her fiancé, one Mr. Jordan Cobblestone, whom she loves to pieces. She prays that he never thinks that she's a gold digger because she loves him with all of her heart.

She is submissive to her fiancé though she does find that to be hard sometimes. Mary Agnes is rather sentimental.

Background: Mary Agnes was born to poor parents in Central London, who were a baker and a seamstress respectively. She has two older sisters, an older brother, and a younger sister and brother.

She grew up with a gift for acting and quit school in the eighth grade to work so she could take acting courses. She held various jobs as a shop girl and waitressing positions to work her way through and was still waiting tables when she met Jordan. 

The pair met back stage at one of her plays; he had passes that allowed him to meet the cast and the pair hit it off and dated for two years, the first year was long distance and he had moved to London for the second year.  She has every one of the letters he wrote to her and plans to keep them forever.

Ryven

Chreestafer

Name: Clyde Bishop, Bishop as a nickname

Position: Crew Member (loading and unloading of supplies / Ship hand)

Sexual Preferences: Bi-curious, Leans towards females but has had thoughts

Personality: He is very shift of authority figures but otherwise he is easy going and self sustaining.  Has a slight interest in the unknown and wears a golden cross around his neck as a protection to the evils of the world.

Background: His birth is unknown as he was an orphan boy.  He grew up in the streets doing what he could to survive and make his life better.   He was a trouble maker at a young age starting fights, stealing things, always running into the law in bad ways.  Yet he was lucky in the aspect that he always had the church ran orphanage to run back to.  (The church would explain his beliefs and fears in supernatural things) The sisters of the orphanage taught him subtle life lessons making him a deeper more spiritual person, which would later, as he grew up, make him a more rounded citizen and human being.

All was OK until the orphanage fire.

When people died the police needed a cause, a scapegoat,  and he was it.  Since his troubled past as a youngster it would be easy to pin the fire on him as a accidental murder.  So to evade the police he ran and ran and ran,  2 months later he found himself working the shipyards loading supply at point a and unloading at point b and so forth.  (Reasoning for being on ship)

alternate images

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Secretwriter

I know this is a huge request, but I have dial up, so if you have really big images can you size them down, pretty, pretty please?

Alysanthia

Quote from: Chreestafer on March 05, 2013, 06:37:33 PM
Appearance: (still searching, can use suggestion where to look for good photos)

I use tumblr or plain'ol google image search with keywords I'm looking for.

Secretwriter

I tend to use celebs... so... lol there's always plenty of pics. 

IrishWolf

Quote from: Secretwriter on March 05, 2013, 07:00:43 PM
I know this is a huge request, but I have dial up, so if you have really big images can you size them down, pretty, pretty please?

Dial up? People still use that? Does your computer run on steam power too?

Just kidding, I'll go throw some spoilers around my character pics for you.

Branwen

Zillah,

Would something like this help organize things for you and everyone else?  Or is it not necessary or not useful?

PlayerCharacterPortraitStatusRoleSexual Preference
ZillahGareth SinclairCrewCaptain, RMS Mystic  Straight
ZillahMaggie DelaneyFirst Class Passenger  Magician's AssistantBisexual, submissive
EbbClifford ThomsonFirst Class PassengerFBI AgentStraight
xSnorkleRainbow  Catherine Evelyn Porter  First Class PassengerActressBisexual, preference for men, submissive / switch 

Alysanthia

Branwen

Quote from: Ryven on March 05, 2013, 06:23:58 PM
Look at all these wonderful bios.  *has bio envy*

I've read some of your more recent posts.  If anyone has envy, it's going to be of your descriptive writing and how you seamlessly embed dialogue into the middle of it.

Lavishly decorated pants indeed.

Secretwriter

Quote from: IrishWolf on March 05, 2013, 08:15:08 PM
Dial up? People still use that? Does your computer run on steam power too?

Just kidding, I'll go throw some spoilers around my character pics for you.

Spoilers do nothing to slow that down, everyone seems to think that it does, but the full pic still loads inside the spoiler. 

[img height=300]IMGLINK[/img]

That does. and the image expands when clicked on. But it loads faster.

Ryven

Quote from: Branwen on March 05, 2013, 08:29:13 PM
I've read some of your more recent posts.  If anyone has envy, it's going to be of your descriptive writing and how you seamlessly embed dialogue into the middle of it.

D:

You flatter me!

Branwen

Quote from: Ryven on March 05, 2013, 08:33:32 PM
You flatter me!
You misspelled compliment.  :)

Secretwriter, I made sure mine was resized inside the spoiler.  I hope that little bit helps you out.