Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AffablyEvil

"I dunno anymore. I'm going for BAMF too. Might as well."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

KatKwik

In the interests of self preservation and saving another villager she changes her vote to BAMF and wonders if the bodyguard might intervene or reveal...

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

BAMF

Sighing, he tossed his hands up in defeat, "At this point there's no hope in swinging any votes."

Muttering under his breath, "Bandwagonners," a bit louder - "Since there seems to be no rhyme or reason to how this town deals with its problems, I will vote for he who cast the first stone - I vote to lynch Rafiki."
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

KatKwik

She wondered what Sunshine's reason for lynching BAMF was?

The others had a reason, so that was suspicious.

Her own reasons were to save the village and herself, so that she lived to fight for them again. So again she implored special villagers to come forth, to intervene on behalf of the town...

Strangefate

“I’ve joined with the crowd the last two days and ended up helping to hang a villager both times.  I’m not going to do that again when I see very little reason to lynch BAMF.  Some of us were voting to make him sheriff just yesterday!  I vote Rafiki as the person who started this random finger pointing business.   That seems like something that benefits the monsters far more than the village so maybe he is one after all.  Plus he admitted he would kill Queenie, the Shaman, if still alive, placing his own interests above the village.  It doesn’t matter how many of us die as long as we stop the monsters before it’s too late.  We have to think in terms of the greater good, not self-preservation.”

A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

AffablyEvil

"The truth of this sad matter is we have nothing to go on. We seem to have no special villagers who can investigate and find out what we need, we have no concrete bad voting, no even shred of suspicion that is anything more than mere happenstance. Rafiki or BAMF, either way, whoever goes to the gallows tonight goes by mere gut-feeling. However, mine says Rafiki, so lets do this and see what we find."
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

Galactic Druid

Voting has ended!

In the end, the village simply couldn't make up their mind. The vote was split between BAMF and Rafiki. It fell to the sheriff, KatKwik, to decide which of the two would face the gallows...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

KatKwik

With a troubled mind she made her choice. Leaving a few thoughts behind as she wondered about special villagers? To her knowledge there was still the bodyguard out there and possibly a diseased villager and a seer, unless the latter two had died.

Rafiki sounded guilty but Strangefate worried her? That made her choose the way she did. She wasn't sure but if she could hang both choices she would.

She knew that her time was up and night drew near, so she hoped that there would be a chance for the village and chose to lynch BAMF

Galactic Druid

It was never an easy choice to make, but Kat had made her decision. Rafiki, likely feeling rather lucky, was turned loose as BAMF was drug to the gallows, kicking, screaming, and protesting until the very moment they were kicked from the stand. As they thrashed and went limp, the village was expecting, maybe even praying for a reaction, but nothing happened. A regular villager, BAMF simply went limp on the rope. One again, the remaining villagers slunk home with the weight of one of their own on their shoulders.

The Night Phase Has Begun!
As always , the next day phase will begin as soon as I have replies to the night PMs.

Galactic Druid

No doubt, the village was expecting another gruesome scene when they awoke. This time, however, was a little different. Many of them were shocked, if not relieved, to discover they were all still accounted for as they emerged from their homes. Somehow, there had been no kills the previous night! Somehow, no one could shake the feeling that they weren't safe yet, but at the very least, fate had given them a break.

Day 8 Has Begun!
From here on out, rounds are going to have a time limit. After 84 hours, Saturday Evening , collected votes will be tallied. Please have them in by then!

Players

• Remiel
  • Blythe
  • James M
  • Silver
  • Moirae
  • persephone325
  • SunshineSparkle
  • yugi006
  • Leorobin
  • BAMF
  • Verasaille
  • LunaLilith22
  • Madame Professor
  • KatKwik
  • Strangefate
  • Queenie
  • Rafiki23
  • Lady Lunarius
  • EmyKat
  • AffablyEvil
  • Ceralilly

Potential roles remaining.

• 0-2 Werewolf players
  • 1 Vampire
  • The Seer
  • The Bodyguard
  • The Priest
  • The Shaman
  • The Diseased Villager
  • The Lycan
  • 5-6 Villagers

AffablyEvil

"With our last target proving innocent, I suggest going for the man not chosen. I vote for Rafiki. again."

AffablyEvil

Evil hesitated before she walked into the circle of the town after her vote. "Before we continue, I would like to reveal what I know, and here is what that is. Someone attacked KatKwik tonight. However, she did not die, as I had decided to protect her, as is my job as the bodyguard. However, since Ms. KatKwik did not die, we can reasonably conclude that either the remaining Werewolf did not attack anyone which I found highly unlikely, or that there are only vampires left among us. Now, I also know that the Werewolf AND the Vampire cannot possibly have attacked Ms. KatKwik, as in that case I would have been unable to stop them both and as you all can clearly see, she is alive. This confirms to us that Ms. KatKwik is not a vampire, as if she had been she would have merely ignored my watch and gone out to kill, and it confirms to us that from now on, we only have to worry about one kill per night. So please, I do implore you, do NOT hang this Sheriff. It seems she is actually good this time. Everybody got that? Okay. Good." With that she walked out again, awaiting comment from the others.

KatKwik

It seems she had to thank Evil for her protection and is glad she managed to protect another villager after her own diabolical mistake. So with two villagers revealed, this leaves open the field of opportunity.

She agreed with Evil and until further evidence comes to light, she would hold off on a vote...

EmyKat

Emy sighed, feeling that the endless lynchings were proving to show nothing. "How do we know for sure that these "Innocent" villagers were all that way? We didn't use holy water or any silver to be sure... Part of me feels that these lynchings without proper preparation aren't getting us very far. Maybe we should try to find a new Priest or some such." Emy wasn't sure if she was making much sense but she had a gut feeling that something had to be changed about the current process, the villagers were all nearly gone now.
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629

AffablyEvil

"Unfortunately that is not an option Emy." Evil said and sighed deeply. "As it is right now, all we can do is keep trying and go on what tiny tiny leads we have until we simply get lucky. We know now that there are only vampires left, and I suspect there are not many of them - one or two at most, meaning that we can lynch wrong for at least one or two more days before we are in real trouble. It's a shame to see human life that way, but this situation leaves us with simply no choice regarding the matter."

Strangefate

“In the absence of any other theories, I’m going to vote to lynch Rafiki again and hope that everyone’s suspicions about him are right.  To be entirely honest I was going to suggest KatKwik might be the vampire after what happened last round, but, assuming AffablyEvil is telling the truth about being the bodyguard and there only being one type of monster left alive, then she must be a villager after all.  I’d be happy to listen to other arguments but it seems like everyone is out of ideas at this point, including myself.  So among those remaining Rafiki still seems like the best choice to me.”     
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

KatKwik

Looking around, she noted that apart from those who had spoken up, there were no other claims to villagers. She wasn't finding clues along this search and wondered if there was a better person out there to be Sherrif?

The town had been divided between Rafiki and BAMF so she could go on that information or wait till everyone had said their piece.

Galactic Druid

Since we only have two votes so far, I am extending the deadline to tomorrow, Sunday evening. this will be the last extension for this round.

Zelric Miras

He mused about the request of not lynching the sheriff. It might as well be the enemies decided to give them some slack, but it was unlikely. "Very well, let's keep this sheriff for another day. -Let's lynch Rafiki then.-" He crossed his arm and got closer, if he had to cast his vote at least he wouldn't vote alone.

Rafiki23

Rafiki stood there mouth agape. He had given up his life to come here and lost his beloved in the process, and now the people turned savages were pointing their fingers at him. The slightest sign of danger and they are lynching people left and right. Yet most of their convictions have been false, leading to the death of many innocent people. All the while the true beasts... the beasts that stripped the light from his very soul, walk freely unnoticed. Rafiki had had enough, the sheriffs were useless to protect us, the "villagers" even lynched a few of them! Rafiki in his ill tempered state could take no more of this.

"You want another lynching?!" he screamed at the people around him. "And you want to blame me?! The one who has lost everything in this got forsaken town!" His voice caught in his throat, once more being reminded of the love he had lost just nights before.

"Well then why don't you look around to the one's truly pointing fingers here. No one has a clue as to who the real monster is here. We are all just guessing dependent on the guesses of the person before us." He took in a deep breath and let the wind touch his face once more before opening his eyes and speaking.

"Until we come up with some real reason why we should suspect someone, I am choosing not to vote. Too many innocent lives have been lost already, and I for one am no longer going to be a part of it." "I vote to wait"

With that, Rafiki turned and began to walk away... awaiting the towns judgement.

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

SunshineSparkle

O&O    A&A    Avatars

AffablyEvil

Evil grabbed Rafiki by the collar, dragging him back into the town square. "Oh no you don't." She said and pointed her finger at him. "You must vote like everyone else Rafiki, you can't just walk away and not take responsibility like that."

KatKwik

She had listened to the town and it seems that they had spoken. Many were reluctant but the majority asked for a lynching.

So she voted as they wished...Lynching Rafiki

EmyKat

Emy didn't know who to believe, but she trusted her sheriff's vote and voted likewise. Lynching Rafiki might help the town, though Emy still felt the erie presence of danger. The town's population was severely shrinking. "I vote to lynch Rafiki since it seems I cannot go without a vote. I am sorry," she said softly, looking shyly at Rafiki as Evil dragged him back to the square.
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629