Space crash - interest [EX, NC]

Started by kaz, April 23, 2013, 08:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaz

I've always been a fan of the whole 'crash on a strange planet' scenario.  So I thought why not, lets see what we can do.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING THOROUGHLY

So here's the basic idea.  The 'Galileo' is a colony ship, taking 500 colonists to start a new life on a far distant planet.  They have left everything they had on Earth, on the ship with them is everything they need to begin a new life.  Building materials can be stripped from the ship, there are seeds and animal embryos in a state of deep freeze.  There are food rations and medical supplies, everything that could be needed until they can support themselves, enough to last about five years.

The colonists have been selected from all walks of life,  standards are high, only people who pass a strict selection process will have been selected.  There are singles, couples and families.  There is a small security force made up of military personal and a small medical department.  The trip is a long one, fifty-three years.  The colonists are in deep sleep, a skeleton crew are on a ten year rotation, five crews that serve ten years each, waking the next crew, handing over and then sleeping.  Once they make orbit the colonists will be awoken, the move to the planet will take about six months all together.

But that doesn't happen.  About half way to the planet the ship encounters an asteroid field.  The asteroids are unpredictable and the ship is severely damaged, systems begin to fail and they manage to limp to the nearest habitable planet.  There seems to be no intelligent life, at least to their limited scanners and sensors.  As they approach the planet, the systems fail, the ship crashes through the atmosphere.  The crash is terrible, many of the colonists are already dead, killed by systems failures after the asteroid strike, those who are in a bad way.  The survivors have to try and make a new life for themselves, but the planet isn't as friendly as they had first thought.

Now I have a lot of ideas floating around, but first I would like to see what interest there is.  I'm also looking for people who enjoy playing aggressors and baddies, no game is complete without the resident bad guys (either aliens or colony folk once their situation has got to them. To begin with everyone is pretty normal, scared, lost etc)

This is probably going into extreme, so bear that in mind when replying.  So for now I would like to see what interest we have and any basic ideas you might have regarding characters and plots.

Bear in mind life does hit me hard at times and I don't have much warning, all the time I'm here I will write, when life strikes, I tend to disappear.  This is just a heads up.

So interested?

Interested parties so far:
Magical Pen
Undisclosed to you
Phantompistoleer
BigBuckBob ?
Karma Sinclair

CHARACTER SHEET
Name:
Sexuality:

Character's position on ship:

Basic personality:

Basic Sexual information:

Basic History:

Anything else:

What would you like to see happen to your character in this story:

[b]CHARACTER SHEET[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Character's position on ship:[/b]

[b]Basic personality:[/b]

[b]Basic Sexual information:[/b]

[b]Basic History:[/b]

[b]Anything else:[/b]

[b]What would you like to see happen to your character in this story:[/b]
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

MagicalPen

Color me interested as my space idea seems to have gone flat now that its been started.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

undisclosedtoyou

I can definitely be interested in this.  Are you looking to have any sentient inhabitants on this planet?  If yes, are you planning on making them playable? 
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kaz

Good to see some interest :)

MP I will certainly be glad to have you with us.

UDTY: I am thinking there will be sentient inhabitants, and they arent going to like having these strangers on their planet.  Ideas and suggestions are all welcome :)
Looking to write.  Sometimes life catches up with me.  If it does I will be back...

PhantomPistoleer

I am interested in playing a dangerous prisoner sort of survivor. 
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

undisclosedtoyou

Hmmm, so you can count me interested.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kaz

I love the idea of having tension in the group.  We'll obviously have the resident psycho who wants control.  He might even end up getting it.  I would love to hear you thoughts and ideas on this, I see it as being a group effort with everyone throwing ideas in for discussion.

I was thinking about characters that you might wanna play, heres some suggestions:

Members of the crew: one or two of the crew will have survived, the Captain wont survive, he will be killed in the crash.

Security: we will need a couple of security, tough types who can be either headstrong and want to lead or be more concerned about the group as a whole.

Medical personnel: We need a Doctor and possibly a nurse, there isn't going to be much in the way of medical supplies but we will need some medical personnel. 

Colonists: from the ages of 18 up wards, there can be children, but they will be NPCs and not in the sexual content of the game. 

I was thinking about 20 - 30 survivors, any more would be hard to manage, but this is a good number. 

BigBuckBob

Space Madness

Surely there would also be security personnel in the event the pressures of such a long isolated journey got into someones head and they snapped. Anyone coud become dangerous under the right circumstances, and would need to be imprisoned.

And under other circumstances the security director might start to turn too. For example if the chain of command was broken in a tragic crash. And then hostiles were found on the surface, requiring drastic action for the protection of the survivors.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Karma Sinclair

I'd love to play a Crew Member, Colonist or one of the Inhabitants in this ides.

undisclosedtoyou

I'd play a colonist, maybe an inhabitant, depending on my mood.  Also, this is reminding me of that space movie Dennis Quade was in.  Not promethius, but um....gah I can't remember the name of that movie!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

PhantomPistoleer

My character would be a very dangerous man.  A killer, a mercenary, a smuggler.  He was aboard the ship because he was being transferred from one maximum security prison to another.  His containment was excellent:  no way to escape.  But it was also probably the safest place aboard the ship.  He emerged from the ship with very little injury.

The character is into non-con, at least at first.  He has been deprived of the pleasure during his incarceration.

Regardless, he's a tough guy.  He's a survivor, too.

I wouldn't mind being paired up with a female partner who is equally as devious (who enjoys watching the character have his fun).  This can be toned down though.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Frelance

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on April 23, 2013, 07:33:21 PM
I'd play a colonist, maybe an inhabitant, depending on my mood.  Also, this is reminding me of that space movie Dennis Quade was in.  Not promethius, but um....gah I can't remember the name of that movie!

The movie that came to mind for me was Pandorum but you could be thinking of Battle for Terra. I have not seen the second movie but it could be what your thinking of.

Anyway I am interested in this either as a colonist or maybe a native of the planet.
Evolution is an arms race

Karma Sinclair

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on April 23, 2013, 07:33:41 PM

My character would be a very dangerous man.  A killer, a mercenary, a smuggler.  He was aboard the ship because he was being transferred from one maximum security prison to another.  His containment was excellent:  no way to escape.  But it was also probably the safest place aboard the ship.  He emerged from the ship with very little injury.

The character is into non-con, at least at first.  He has been deprived of the pleasure during his incarceration.

Regardless, he's a tough guy.  He's a survivor, too.

I wouldn't mind being paired up with a female partner who is equally as devious (who enjoys watching the character have his fun).  This can be toned down though.

Would someone like that really be on a colony ship sent to populate a new planet?

kaz

No, I was just about to answer.  This is a colony ship, the people on board have been selected to start a new colony, they wouldnt be in  transit to a prison, especially not on a fifty year journey.  He could turn crazy during the game, but to begin with he is a normal man, he wouldnt have been selected if he was a crazed manic lol.

PhantomPistoleer

What if he had absconded unto the ship to escape a prison sentence, and got caught half-way through?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

MagicalPen

Doesn't sound very feasible. A Colony ship would be under tight security at all times - wouldn't want undersirables to board the ship - along with having a rather thorough selection process in regards to who gets to go. You'd want people who can contribute to society to colonize a planet, especially on such a long journey.

Would most people be in Cyro-sleep for the journey?

I am thinking I will play some sort of former-military type, perhaps working Security.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

kaz

He wouldn't have been able to, the ship would have been locked down and only those with passes would have been allowed in, plus they have been in transit for over twenty years with only a skeleton crew manning the ship.  Supplies would have been impossible to get hold of. 

I dont see that angle working in this story, sorry

Yup cryo sleep, heres the paragraph in the write up about it:

The colonists have been selected from all walks of life, standards are high, only people who pass a strict selection process will have been selected.  There are singles, couples and families.  There is a small security force made up of military personal and a small medical department.  The trip is a long one, fifty-three years.  The colonists are in deep sleep, a skeleton crew are on a ten year rotation, five crews that serve ten years each, waking the next crew, handing over and then sleeping.  Once they make orbit the colonists will be awoken, the move to the planet will take about six months all together.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Frelance on April 23, 2013, 07:38:25 PM
The movie that came to mind for me was Pandorum but you could be thinking of Battle for Terra. I have not seen the second movie but it could be what your thinking of.

Anyway I am interested in this either as a colonist or maybe a native of the planet.

Yes, Pandorum, that's the movie I was thinking of!  Lol.  Awesome movie, btw.

Let's see, My character would need to be good at something to be of value.  Hmmmm, I'll think up something.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Frelance

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on April 23, 2013, 08:07:12 PM
Yes, Pandorum, that's the movie I was thinking of!  Lol.  Awesome movie, btw.

Let's see, My character would need to be good at something to be of value.  Hmmmm, I'll think up something.

Ya I love Pandorum!
Evolution is an arms race

eiselmann

Be up for a security officer depending on what works for the group I'd want him to be ex SAS calm cool professional  so he'll be at odds with any hot heads particularly amongst any surviving security personnel.
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

MagicalPen

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Peter Simon
Sexuality: Hetero

Character's position on ship: Captain of the Security Division

Basic personality: Peter is old-school and very by the book. He expects a high level of discipline and maturity from his crew and can be very hard nosed about many matters. He occasionally lets his guard down around certain people but is otherwise very cold-faced.

Basic Sexual information: Enjoys having sex though does not get attached.

Basic History: Peter grew up on Sepik Colony. His parents were both Federation Military so it was only natural for him to emulate their own careers and start his own. Once he came of age, he quickly signed up with the Federation Corps and began to see the galaxy - albeit down the barrel of his Armalite Rifle. He quickly took to the Military life, something his father had been preparing him for his entire life, and focused his attentions purely on advancement.

But not everything was peachy in the Federation Corps. There was a lack of discipline in various bases and the pay really wasn't all that good. Peter also had a hard time meeting women and making connections with them. Having attained rank and personal fame on various Campaigns, Peter decided it was time to start thinking about his future. The prospect of being the head of Security on a mission to Colonize a planet held great interest to Peter. He could start over fresh, lay the basic groundwork for Discipline and Order, and perhaps find himself a wife if he was lucky.

Anything else: That covers it.

What would you like to see happen to your character in this story: Depends on where the plot goes.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

TheHangedOne

Hmm, I have an idea for a character. It's a sentient inhabitant, more curious than anything else about the strange things that have shown up. I'd be going for a sort of Xenomorphs-esque vibe to the physical appearance to the creature; but as I mentioned, it would be fairly docile and curious.

Is that cool?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

BigBuckBob

My post was an expression of interest if that is why I have a question mark.

Seems I need a new character concept tho... maybe  a behaviorist researching the effects of the travel on those that stay awake.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

kaz

I'm gonna put this on Hold for a while.  My other games have taken off and I cant take on too many.  so this one draws the short straw for the moment.  if you want to join my trek game please do.  I will come back to this at a later date.

Thanks for the interest.