WrestleManiaXXVIII- Can you smell what's cooking?!

Started by The Golden Touch, April 03, 2011, 06:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

Yes, this is a WrestleMania chatter thread.  I am currently watching which is awesome.

So... As you probably figured out, The Rock is back.  It took twelve minutes or more for him to enter and rile up the crowd.

First match:  Rio v. Edge.

Winner? Edge. It was a brutal match, which ended in awesomeness. Christian and Edge took a tire iron and a crowbar to Rio's Rolls Royce. Not to be fucked with! <3

Second match: Mysterio v. Cody Rhodes

Surprise, surprise... Mysterio is dressed as Captain America. The correlation is not lost on me. <3 for Marvel references.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Geeklet

Hah! and all the internet sites were predicting del Rio to go over.

Surprised that match went on first.

Wish I could be watching it myself, though.

The Golden Touch

We were too, honestly. Though it would be a few in before that.

I will keep the thread updated, so all the match winners will be announced here. And some commentary to go along with it.

consortium11

Sad the Dragon match was cut.

Now that they're attempting to remove all references to "wrestling" from the product, are they going to have to change the name?

consortium11

Geeklet

He didn't.... did he?

Oh I'm so gonna have to find a video of that later.

The Golden Touch

Second Match
Ray Mysterio v. Cody Rhodes

Winner is Cody Rhodes by Pinfall

Mysterio had broken Rhodes' nose earlier on with his knee brace, and with Rhodes' face hidden behind a protective mask... It was pretty entertaining.  After prying the mask of Rhodes, Mysterio mocked him by putting it on himself. Rhodes countered with removing Ray's knee brace. The mask was legal for Rhodes to wear, but not for Mysterio. While the ref was getting the mask out of the ring, Rhodes hit Mysterio with his own knee brace.

Random insert of random WrestleMania weirdness....
Oh yes... Snoop Dogg is on WM. Wow. >>;;  I'm scared honestly. They're having additions for something... I think they're trying to do- Hold up Roddy Roddy Piper just appeared and smacked the person singing in the back of the head. Haha. There is now a midget... What the? Rapping midget. Win. And dancing girls... Oh yeah. I have no idea what just happen.

Next is...

A eight man tag match:
The Core v. Big Show& Kane & Santino Marella & Kofi Kingston

The Core is a well put together group by the way...

The Golden Touch

Third Match
Eight man Tag Match

The Core v. Big Show & Kane & Santino Marella & Kofi Kingston

Winner:  Big Show & Kane & Santino Marella & Kofi Kingston

Um... A two minute match. Big show with the pin on a Core member. Damn knocked the guy out with a straight huge right first into someone's temple.

And now... The Rock flirting with a Diva, the Champion I think.  I love how he refers to himself in third person. What is May doing here? hahaha... This is awesome.

"Other people's strudels... Like Moses!"
"Other childhood friends, like Adam and Eve."

consortium11

It shows modern WWE's inability to really exploit talent that pretty much the two most talented entertainers (Ryder and Masters) and their best in-ring worker (Dragon) are relegated to cameos or appearing on the off-tv portion.

The Golden Touch

I am inclined to agree with you, Consort. There are some good talent that gets overlooked, but it happens. ^ ^;;

Third Match:

CM Punk v. Randy Orton

consortium11

It's not that long ago that WWE was seriously pushing Sydal, Dragon, Punk, Ki, Henry and even some other decent new talents.

Now only one of them is even on the main Wrestlemania card... with Punk possibly going to get squashed and Dragon's bout with Shaemus put on the off-tv section in favour of a terrible 8 man where the intro's probably took longer than the bout itself.

The frustrating thing is that someone they seem to know what they're doing... Rhodes over Ray is perfect especially as Mistico is about to come along and blow Ray out the water. The slightly over-booked Del Rio but in general his push has been excellent, the Miz has stagnated for this feud because of the Cena/Rock tension (whoever booked it that way should be shot) but has otherwise been good.

And then we have to sit through Hornswoggle being "entertaining"...

Geeklet

as bad as it is, though, its still much better than most things TNA has been doing lately. That's just gotten to be unwatchable for me.

SinXAzgard21

Its not just about the 'in the ring' performance... Its about the presence, how they get the crowd going and how they sell the company... Masters is one of my favorites mind you but its a business and Cena is one of the biggest money makers and all the superstars agree with it as well.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

consortium11

Of course I'm not putting Masters on the level of Cena... but Masters gets a better reaction than 90% of the other superstars... especially the likes of Big Show, Kane, Khali, anyone in the Corre/new Nexus who are all essentially getting X-Pac heat at this stage.

At one time Henry when he first came over from the collapsed ECW was the most over man in the company and arguably the smartes worker. Then they stuck him with Hornswoggle and no-one cared any more.

Big mark out for the turnbuckle figure four... always loved that move and can't remember it really being done since Bret Hart's heel WWF days.

And TNA's like a car crash... I watch (occasionally) for how stupid it can get and in the hope that there's normally one good match a card.

The Golden Touch

Third Match
CM Punk v. Randy Orton

Winner: Randy Orton by Pinfall

I love listening to the announcers in the back ground honestly. Their reactions are priceless. So far, the steel steps straight into Orton's injured knee... I winced. You know you're seeing brutality when they go straight for the knee again and again. For a grudge match, this is fairly one sided in the favor of CM Punk. Orton looks in favor to win, but who honestly knows?  This was a brutal match.  An RKO out of no where.  Down goes CM Punk.

SinXAzgard21

the core and nexus are heals, they are not supposed to get a good reaction lol.... big show and kane are out of their prime and i think should retire no offense to them... The other is Undertaker (everyone can hate me i don't care)  He has had a good run but I hope he goes 18-1 tonight.

and CM punk did the turnbuckle figure 4 on Randy Orton tonight.

SinXAzgard21

Aiden

Waiting for Taker and HHH match...I will be PISSED beyond belief if HHH breaks Taker's spree.

Geeklet

yeah, the corre and nexus are heels. I dont think anyone expects them to get cheered, but they don't even really get booed that much. People just don't care about 'em.

consortium11

Punk managed to drag a good match out of Orton even if getting somewhat squashed. Finish was telegraphed but otherwise solid. That said, Orton's been horrible for about the past 2 years now... they need to turn him back heel...

These Rock segments are doing nothing for me...

The Golden Touch

And now for the Hall of Fame! 

The Heartbreak Kid makes his appearance. So awesome. I miss watching this man wrestle. Anyone that knows about his retirement match will remember him losing to Undertaker. <3 And now he will become part of the Hall of Fame. That's good.

Geeklet

I read somewhere online the other day that Orton never wanted to go away from being a heel. The only reason he really switched in the first place was because the fans were starting to cheer him so much.

consortium11

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on April 03, 2011, 07:38:03 PM
the core and nexus are heals, they are not supposed to get a good reaction lol.... big show and kane are out of their prime and i think should retire no offense to them... The other is Undertaker (everyone can hate me i don't care)  He has had a good run but I hope he goes 18-1 tonight.

and CM punk did the turnbuckle figure 4 on Randy Orton tonight.

Hence the term "X Pac heat"... or "go home heat."

I basically agree on Undertaker. He's so injured now he apparently has difficulty actually functioning day to day... which means they can essentially drag him out for 2 matches a year. Give him the win over HHH and leave it at that.

Undertaker did give us Lay-Cool though and they are one of the best things on WWE TV so it's not all bad.

consortium11

Horrible Cole promo... they've jumped the Shark a little with this whole feud which was damn hot at one stage.

I'm not sure how they can bring Cole back after this... even if they return him to prick Come ala Diva NXT from all out heel Cole they have now.

The Golden Touch

Fourth Match:
Michael Cole v. Jerry 'The King' Lawler

Winner to be announced