[Pathfinder / Eberron] When in Windshire... (Recruiting - CLOSED)

Started by Chulanowa, November 30, 2016, 05:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Nestled into the forested hills of western Aundair, Windshire is a fairly small thorpe, dominated by rolling farmland carved from the Duskwood to the south, watered by the Wynarn river, and overseen by Windshire Keep. Distant from the Lightning Rail stations of Redleaf or Wyr, and without a single tower for House Lyrander's ships, you might call Windshire isolated. Backwater, even. The people here don't seem to mind, and neither does Count Tarnik ir'Weld. There's a downside to being far away from everywhere, though; help isn't close by. This might be why the notice has gone out in Windshire and its outlying villages and nearby towns that the Count is seeking hired hands with brave hearts and no fear of steel.

So! This is the recruitment thread for a Pathfinder game set in the Eberron D&D setting, as requested by Silver Phoenix. I'm going to be looking for four players in addition to him, to fill the roles of your every-day adventurers-for-hire. Though my plan is to kick this off with a dungeon crawl, I fully expect it to evolve into other avenues; being Eberron there ought to be plenty of room for intrigue, a little bit of horror, and hopefully more than a little two-fisted action. This is not going to be a scripted, on-rails adventure. While i have story ideas, I welcome the players deciding to hie off on something different if they want. It's an adventure, not a novel after all.

For anyone unfamiliar, I have a (wip) thread about the setting over on World-building.

Since there was plenty of interest on the request thread, I'm just going to dive headlong into character creation!

• Any (and only) Paizo-published sources. Material from 3.5's Eberron Campaign Setting, Races of Eberron, Five Nations, Faiths of Eberron, and Eberron Player's Guide is also allowed; If there's any questions about 3.5-to-Pathfinder conversion, just ask.
• 25-point buy
• 1st level, medium XP track.
• Max HP and gold per class; Rolled HP after 1st
• 2 Traits. One of these may be a campaign trait from any Adventure Path (except "Finding Haleen" - Haleen can stay lost.)
• All characters will receive and use 3.5-style Action Points.
• Eberron's alignment conventions are a little more "shades of grey" than typical fantasy settings. All nine are open for player characters. Except where noted, the usual class alignment restrictions still apply.
• All Paizo-published classes and archetypes are allowed. Yes, including Gunslingers, Samurai, Ninja, and Antipaladins. However, Barbarians, Rogues, and Summoners must use the Unchained version of the class; Monks can choose either the original or the Unchained version. Also, there is an updated version of Eberron's Artificer class on the world-building thread.
• All races mentioned here are acceptable, including those under the "other Races" spoiler. I leave it up to you to figure out what the heck a naked dark-elf savage from the lost jungle continent is doing in the pastoral countryside of Aundair.
• Speaking of Unchained; Background Skills, Variant Multiclassing, and Fractional Base Bonuses are a definite go, as is the Stamina / Combat Tricks system (You need to take the Combat Stamina feat for access, though)
• Systems from Horror Adventures and Ultimate Intrigue will also be used, where appropriate.

And some more info...
• Use Mythweavers character sheets, preferably, or formatted stat blocks here on E if you gotta.
• Smut will be player-driven if anything, and take place on a side-thread if necessary.
• I would much prefer that character images be non-anime artwork, and not photos of real persons.
• The Last War ended just five years ago - I want to know what your character did during wartime.  ;D Other than that, I don't need huge backgrounds, 2 or three paragraphs is fine (but if you want to do more, that's fine too)

Though I can't shake the feeling I'm forgetting something important, I'm pretty sure that's everything!

Rummy Tum Tum

Arsene

Also still interested! Will try to have my character sheet up ASAP.

Bibliophilia

Working on my Cacklebone.  I changed her to a Juju Oracle.

Arsene

Trying to decide between a gunslinger or an alchemist - do we have a healer-type in the group?

Elven Sex Goddess

Still looking for another?  If so I like to create a naked dark elf savage from a lost continent.   I can go with sorcerer, or barbarian.   Depending what is needed as class. 

Rummy Tum Tum

How's this for a changeling? Thinking she'd be of the Reality Seeker belief.

This'd be her most used form (when she needs it)

As for my CS; I would get started now, but I'm too tired. I'm most interested in monk, but could got rogue or ninja if needed. Or even something more frontline like a paladin.

Chulanowa

I'm not running first-come first-served. After a week (or, at least, several days with no new interest / pitches) I'll select four characters (Silver Phoenix gets a free fifth spot, since it was his request  ;) ) My criteria is basically whatever characters I like the best. I'm not real picky about "filling roles," I'll take five fighters if they're the five most interesting characters.

Rummy Tum Tum

Bibliophilia

Rummy Tum Tum

Arsene

me, two hours ago: Time to get cracking on my changeling rogue!
me, now, looking at my tiefling alchemist: Wait how did this happen

Chulanowa

Quote from: Arsene on November 30, 2016, 10:08:16 PM
me, two hours ago: Time to get cracking on my changeling rogue!
me, now, looking at my tiefling alchemist: Wait how did this happen

Could be worse, everything I make turns into a halfling bard.

Arsene

Bibliophilia

TFcommando

Would an airship-related character get a chance to use that aspect in time?  Former sailor/officer in the war, maybe with the transportation Dragonmark?

Or my blasty noble human sorceress type... one with a talent for destruction that doesn't fit into polite society and no longer has an outlet in the war... she might be dressing up wickedly and going out adventuring while "on a religious retreat" or the like.  Possibly a tantric sex user as well.

Love ESG's naked savage idea... wish I thought of it first! :)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Chulanowa

Quote from: TFcommando on November 30, 2016, 11:26:37 PM
Would an airship-related character get a chance to use that aspect in time?  Former sailor/officer in the war, maybe with the transportation Dragonmark?

It certainly could be, if reason comes up. Like I said, i'm going for an open-world thing here.

Also, I haven't really managed to get around to it on the worldbuilding htread, but since you brought up dragonmarks...

• Any humanoid can have an Aberrant dragonmark. Even the weirdo ones like warforged.
• There's a lot of overlap to be had as well; Half-elves can have Dragonmarks from the human and elf houses, elves and humans can have dragonmarks from the half-elf houses, half-orcs can have the mark of any human house, and orcs can, uh, have the Mark of Finding, but we already knew that I guess.
• The guideline goes by racial subtype - so a drow counts as an elf, a deurgar is a dwarf, etc.
• You do not have to actually be related by blood to have a particular dragonmark; however the Dragonmarked families are famously... persuasive when it comes to recruiting such "new blood."
• Other "hybrid" races like planetouched and Dhampir can have the appearance of standard dragonmarks. The only functional ones seem to be aberrant marks though (thus far...) Similarly, Changelings can mimic dragonmarks perfectly, but can't actually gain their powers.
• All of hte above rules my get blasted out the window for the sake of a plot twist or a really neat character or whatever else the GM regards as  worthy of blowing-out-windows  O8)

Ershin

Ooh, Eberron. I can't not show a bit of I interest here. I'll look into getting an application drawn up when I get home from work this evening and am not confinded to the tiny screen and typo enducing keyboard of my phone.

Also

QuoteI leave it up to you to figure out what the heck a naked dark-elf savage from the lost jungle continent is doing in the pastoral countryside of Aundair.
Got King Kong'd by a bunch of Halflings. Either that or it was one hell of a  bender. ;D

Bibliophilia

Ebba Losho
Cacklebone Oracle 1 CN
HP 9 / 9 Speed 20 ft Init 2
AC 17 Fort 1 Ref 2 Will 2
CMB +2 BAB 0
Weighted Spear +2 (1d8+2/1d6+2, 3x/2x)
Light Crossbow +2 (1d8, 19-20/2x)
Str 14 (2) Dex 14 (2) Con 13 (1) Wis 10 (0) Int 14 (2) Cha 16 (3)

Background: WIP

Personality: WIP

Thorne

Interested.

... not sure quite what.. who? to pull out of the character files, though. Give me a few to think on it.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

CarnivalOfTheGoat

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Thorne

That would explain the handbasket. >.>

... and damnit, stop tempting me to pull Satriis out of the pile. That almost never ends well.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Rummy Tum Tum

Here goes.

Grisha Voermaldi

Name: Grisha Voermaldi
Race: Changeling
Class: Monk (Unchained)
Alignment: LN

Personality: As monks are wont to, Grisha holds a firm control over her emotions. She is not one to fly off in a fit of rage, which is a very good thing considering her tendency to display her true form for all the world to see. Many have deemed her appearance unsettling or even ugly. All the same, she is most comfortable in her own skin. She sees herself as a beautiful creature, and that belief more or less extends to all of her kind. She could hide herself. She could attempt to pretend to be some other being entirely. She has done those things, and hated it. So instead, she walks in the open, flaunting her nature for all to see.

While she has accepted that it is her burden to be mistrusted and ridiculed based on stereotype alone, she is capable and more than willing to mock the ignorant assholes who treat her poorly. One might say she's a stoic snarker; the kind of person who will attack with sarcastic jabs while maintaining the straightest face. She's not always rude, however, and can be quite cheerful and supportive when in the right company. She is always eager to test her skills, and is perhaps too quick to accept a challenge and too fond of showing off.

Grisha believes in equality above all else, and it is her hope that one day, her people will see it. She wishes to see them thrive, with a society and culture all their own. More so, she hopes they will accept the opportunity to live as their own race, as they are most accustomed to living false-- and all too often criminal-- lives. She is wise enough to know that it would not be an easy task, and that the result would likely not be so perfect as she envisions, but she keeps her hope all the same.

Background: Grisha was born in Karrnath, in the great metropolis of Korth. She has memories of her parents, but they are very faint. Like many, she was orphaned during the war. In order to survive a life on the cold streets of the Low District, she had to rely on the charity and discretion of others. There were some, certainly, who would look upon a starving Changeling urchin and be compelled to offer aid. Unfortunately, there were far more who would offer that same aid to a human. And so she did what came natural; what she can only be certain her parents taught her to do. She blended in. She fabricated and took on the life of a little human girl, and begged for the food she so desperately needed. In the end, she was given crowns, food, and eventually, even shelter.

Her newly adoptive parents were kind enough to her. They were military-minded, prideful, and ever insistent, but they treated her much the same as they did their flesh and blood daughter. She came to think of these people as family, and to trust them. This, as it turned out, was a mistake. At the age of eleven, just two years after being invited in, she decided to tell them to truth. She was met only with harsh words, threats, and disgust in response. They promptly disowned her, and chased her from the city to assure she would not darken anyone else's home with her presence.

After days of trying to get back into her home city, and taking not a single step through the gates, she gave up and resolved to wander elsewhere. She headed southward, and eventually came upon the hamlet of Vurgenslye. Tired, sick, starving, and afraid, she remained there for a time. In the day, she would beg in human form, and at night, she would steal what she had to. The residents put two and two together soon enough, and once more, she was forced to flee. She hid from her pursuers amongst the trees of the Nightwood, and soon became lost. Being stuck in that forest was a harrowing experience she barely survived. She had to scavenge for her food and water for nearly two days, and was at one point forced to flee monsters. Once she finally found her way out, she continued to wander aimlessly until her body gave out. She would wind up collapsed on a lonely road and waiting to die.

When she awoke, she found that a half-elf woman had been nudging at her shoulder. In a panic, she shifted into a human form as she shot up. Then, something happened that she finds life changing to this day. The woman, Astrea, smiled at her, and told her that there was no need to hide. Her natural form was lovely, and should be cherished. She then offered to bring Grisha on her journey to a monastery to the northeast, and the girl agreed without hesitation. The training that would follow was grueling and difficult, and tested her patience most notably, but she pulled through. Initially, she stayed because she had no place else to go, but in time she realized just how important the discipline and strength she worked toward really was. She began to understand the true meaning of balance, and inner power. For the first time, she felt like a force to be reckoned with, in mind and in body. Not some scared child hiding and thieving at the drop of a hat.

She was fifteen, a woman grown, when the monks of her cloister were conscripted to join in what would be the final battles of the war. She wished to join in the fight with those she regarded as family, but was told her training was not yet complete, and that she would be killed if she did. She was sheltered from the enlistment, a feat made all the easier by her previous transient lifestyle. The unfortunate truth, as it turned out, was that deaths were inevitable no matter how well-trained the monks who fought were. She lost good friends in those two years, and all while she stayed behind and followed her normal routines.

Her skills deemed competent enough, Grisha most recently set off to travel Khorvaire, to further hone her combat skills and knowledge in the real world. It was too bad that in the real world, she was judged for walking freely as a Changeling; jobs and adventures often weren't so noble; and she was far too poor to complain.

Elven Sex Goddess

Alright decided not to submit a naked dark elf/Drow.   I will submit a Human Savage barbarian.    The concept formulating is akin to a Spartan hoplite or Viking berserker shield maiden.   That wears no armor,  other then a helm, and fights with spear and shield.   

As work has been busy I finish off the character sheet and write up for possible selection tomorrow night (Friday).   

Chulanowa

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on December 01, 2016, 12:47:54 PM
You know where I'm going with this.

You KNOW.

I don't actually, but knowing you, I expect a character that is actually three kobolds in a coat.

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on December 01, 2016, 10:26:01 PM
Alright decided not to submit a naked dark elf/Drow.   I will submit a Human Savage barbarian.    The concept formulating is akin to a Spartan hoplite or Viking berserker shield maiden.   That wears no armor,  other then a helm, and fights with spear and shield.   

As work has been busy I finish off the character sheet and write up for possible selection tomorrow night (Friday).   

;D

Thorne

Wyveran are basically flying kobolds, yanno.

Hm. I'm thinkin' a rogue. I'm presently thinkin' a human rogue. Mebbe with katar.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Arsene

Finn Caldamus
CN Tiefling Alchemist 1

Appearance: Standing tall at around 6'1", Finn is a lanky tiefling with an easy, roguish smile and sharp, darting eyes. There's no hiding his origins - his skin is a deep red, with golden eyes and messy black hair. One of the horns on his head is cracked and broken, likely from an alchemy experiment gone wrong. Expressive, constantly moving hands have sharp black nails at the end of his slender fingers. His clothes are simple and sturdy, often covered in miscellaneous stains and soot marks. They're also absolutely riddled with secret pockets. Seriously, pockets in places you don't even want to know about. A bandoleer across his chest and a belt slung around his hips carry assorted potions, vials, and gods only know what else. His long devil-esque tail flicks lazily from side to side when he's irritated.

Personality: Finn is frighteningly intelligent, although it's tempered by his absolutely horrible impulse control. Rash, hedonistic, and quick to anger (or joy), once he puts his mind to something he will stop at nothing to figure out a solution that works out perfectly for him. While he's rarely openly antagonistic, he has a tendency to put people off - if not because of his fiendish heritage, then with his constantly racing thoughts and tendency to blurt out said thoughts without regard for propriety. He tends not to get too close to people, although it's not out of an active desire to drive others away - he takes very few things other than alchemy seriously, including relationships. But he's fiercely loyal and protective of the few people he does consider worthy of his emotional energy, and is always someone you'll be glad to have in your corner, if only to get him to throw his bombs at someone other than you.

Background: Finn grew up in an orphanage in Fairhaven, where he had a supernatural knack for finding new and exciting ways to get in trouble. He continually broke into mage's homes to steal books and reagents, fascinated by the art of alchemy. As soon as he was old enough, he ventured off to Arcanix to study at the Tower of Alchemy, refusing to leave and hellbent on making the professor's lives hell until they accepted him. He's been there ever since, and remained there during the war, refusing to get involved and bettering his craft instead. Finn has only recently left Arcanix in somewhat of a hurry, and seems pretty evasive when asked about his sudden departure.

[Full size image]
[Please don't save this image to use as your own - it's my own art!]

firepyre

Here's my concept. I haven't done up a sheet just yet, but first things first. I'm not particularly well versed with the Eberron setting, so if if I've stuffed anything up, let me know.

Darric Vold - Paladin?
Name: Darric Vold
Race: Merely Human
Class: Enlightened Paladin/Oracle (Oradin)
Alignment: LG

Concept in short:

It's not easy being the good guy. Sometimes, following the law, and doing good aren't the same. Knowing right from wrong, in a world filled with grey is a tricky business sometimes. Darric isn't your typical paladin, the naive rich kid, who has everything, including a stick up his ass, and an idiotically idealistic world view. Darric is just a man with his own problems and vices, trying to do the best he can. He's seen his fair share of ugly during his time in the city guard. You can't save everyone, and you can't just go beating up every beggar that steals a loaf of bread. It doesn't work like that. You just have to do what you can, and live with it. Drinking helps.

Darric is intended as a departure from the stereotypical paladin. He's still a good, law abiding person, but exposure to the dregs of society have soured his world view somewhat, turning him a bit cynical. He's not going to waste time on the small stuff like crooked allies. He's not entirely sure what drives him anymore, but he figures there must be something better out there.

Personality:

Though fundamentally good in nature, Darric is a bit rough around the edges, drinking and swearing with the worst of them. He's actually fairly charming, if you're into dark and brooding, and he's even a decent conversationalist, provided you steer clear of certain topics, like why he left the city.  He's no saint, but he makes a solid effort to do the right thing, something he doesn't tend to give himself nearly enough credit for. For him, his lack of power to make a difference frustrates him, causing him to see the world, and himself in a darker light. As far as people go, he's actually quite noble, not afraid to step in and say what needs said, and do what needs done. He holds himself to far higher standards than he expects from others,  and thus tends to view himself in an unflattering light when he fails to meet those standards.

Darric can usually be found in the thick of it. He is a man of action, rather than thought. To his mind, it is better to act, and make mistakes, than not to act, and never achieve anything. It is an ideology that he now finds himself questioning, given how little of an impact he feels his actions have had - like a drop in the ocean. He is the kind of guy that will gladly take an arrow for you, be you a king or a slave, though you'd never hear the end of it. Though he'd never admit it, at heart, he's lonely, he needs others to give him purpose, to protect. To make him feel like he matters.

Background:

Darric is of common station, born to an ordinary family in a major city. He grew up around the streets, and made and lost friends on them. As he came of age, around sixteen, he joined the city watch with the blessing of his family, helping keep order, a good fit for an earnest young lad. There, he trained with the oathkeepers, a minor order of paladins that aided the watch in keeping order.

For seven years, he served in the watch, seeing a darker side of the city, one that had been hidden to him as a child. He did what he could, but it was never enough, and so, like many others, he took to drinking to chase away his inner demons, and the ghosts of those he'd failed. But not all men are born equal, and the watch had its fair share of corrupt cops... who didn't much like someone as upstanding as Darric. A feud developed, and one night, after drinking a little too much, it came to blows in a back alley, leaving Darric with a few bruises and a bloody nose, and the other guy unconscious in the dirt with a few teeth missing. If that guy had just been a fellow officer, he might have gotten off with a slap on the wrist. But it wasn't. It was his captain. Darric was lucky not to be jailed, his side of the story be damned. He lost his badge, and was cast out of the force. Seven years gone in a moment's injustice.

Jobless, and disillusioned, Darric stepped onto the lightning rail, and left the city behind, looking to start anew somewhere else, somewhere he could make a difference. Fate has taken him to Windshire, a request for aid catching his attention - one that will hopefully refill his rapidly dwindling purse, and give him purpose once again.

Inspiration:

TFcommando

How do the Pathfinder firearms work with the Eberron setting, if at all, as far as price and availability?  I've also come up with a swashbuckler type and had some thoughts about a Picaroon for that stylish sword and gun look.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Chulanowa

Quote from: TFcommando on December 02, 2016, 12:33:24 AM
How do the Pathfinder firearms work with the Eberron setting, if at all, as far as price and availability?  I've also come up with a swashbuckler type and had some thoughts about a Picaroon for that stylish sword and gun look.

I'm going with "emerging guns." In a world like Eberron, they'd really be seen more like a novelty or some sort of toy, since magic is so commonplace.

Chulanowa

I have a bare-bones outline of the various churches in the setting in the works. Just reading through, he strikes me as a Silver Flame kind of guy.

Also, your pictures remind me - I house-rule that spears can be used one-handed, as a martial weapon. I mean they do the same damage as a longsword, and spear + Shield is a hugely common fighting style, so why not.

Quote from: firepyre on December 02, 2016, 12:18:01 AM
Here's my concept. I haven't done up a sheet just yet, but first things first. I'm not particularly well versed with the Eberron setting, so if if I've stuffed anything up, let me know.

Darric Vold - Paladin?
Name: Darric Vold
Race: Merely Human
Class: Enlightened Paladin/Oracle (Oradin)
Alignment: LG

Concept in short:

It's not easy being the good guy. Sometimes, following the law, and doing good aren't the same. Knowing right from wrong, in a world filled with grey is a tricky business sometimes. Darric isn't your typical paladin, the naive rich kid, who has everything, including a stick up his ass, and an idiotically idealistic world view. Darric is just a man with his own problems and vices, trying to do the best he can. He's seen his fair share of ugly during his time in the city guard. You can't save everyone, and you can't just go beating up every beggar that steals a loaf of bread. It doesn't work like that. You just have to do what you can, and live with it. Drinking helps.

Darric is intended as a departure from the stereotypical paladin. He's still a good, law abiding person, but exposure to the dregs of society have soured his world view somewhat, turning him a bit cynical. He's not going to waste time on the small stuff like crooked allies. He's not entirely sure what drives him anymore, but he figures there must be something better out there.

Personality:

Though fundamentally good in nature, Darric is a bit rough around the edges, drinking and swearing with the worst of them. He's actually fairly charming, if you're into dark and brooding, and he's even a decent conversationalist, provided you steer clear of certain topics, like why he left the city.  He's no saint, but he makes a solid effort to do the right thing, something he doesn't tend to give himself nearly enough credit for. For him, his lack of power to make a difference frustrates him, causing him to see the world, and himself in a darker light. As far as people go, he's actually quite noble, not afraid to step in and say what needs said, and do what needs done. He holds himself to far higher standards than he expects from others,  and thus tends to view himself in an unflattering light when he fails to meet those standards.

Darric can usually be found in the thick of it. He is a man of action, rather than thought. To his mind, it is better to act, and make mistakes, than not to act, and never achieve anything. It is an ideology that he now finds himself questioning, given how little of an impact he feels his actions have had - like a drop in the ocean. He is the kind of guy that will gladly take an arrow for you, be you a king or a slave, though you'd never hear the end of it. Though he'd never admit it, at heart, he's lonely, he needs others to give him purpose, to protect. To make him feel like he matters.

Background:

Darric is of common station, born to an ordinary family in a major city. He grew up around the streets, and made and lost friends on them. As he came of age, around sixteen, he joined the city watch with the blessing of his family, helping keep order, a good fit for an earnest young lad. There, he trained with the oathkeepers, a minor order of paladins that aided the watch in keeping order.

For seven years, he served in the watch, seeing a darker side of the city, one that had been hidden to him as a child. He did what he could, but it was never enough, and so, like many others, he took to drinking to chase away his inner demons, and the ghosts of those he'd failed. But not all men are born equal, and the watch had its fair share of corrupt cops... who didn't much like someone as upstanding as Darric. A feud developed, and one night, after drinking a little too much, it came to blows in a back alley, leaving Darric with a few bruises and a bloody nose, and the other guy unconscious in the dirt with a few teeth missing. If that guy had just been a fellow officer, he might have gotten off with a slap on the wrist. But it wasn't. It was his captain. Darric was lucky not to be jailed, his side of the story be damned. He lost his badge, and was cast out of the force. Seven years gone in a moment's injustice.

Jobless, and disillusioned, Darric stepped onto the lightning rail, and left the city behind, looking to start anew somewhere else, somewhere he could make a difference. Fate has taken him to Windshire, a request for aid catching his attention - one that will hopefully refill his rapidly dwindling purse, and give him purpose once again.

Inspiration:

firepyre

After doing a bit of reading, I actually think he'd suit the Blood of Vol better. They seem more tolerant, if misunderstood. But maybe he could have been Silver Flame, and grown disillusioned with their methods, leading to his current state of mind. Perhaps another PC could even persuade him to convert as the game progresses. In any case I'd be happy to rework his backstory.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 01, 2016, 10:58:47 PM
I don't actually, but knowing you, I expect a character that is actually three kobolds in a coat.

Nah, I already did the three lesbian kobolds in a coat. That trick never works. They're too easily distracted.

Eberron. HALFLING DINOSAUR CAVALRY.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Chulanowa

Quote from: firepyre on December 02, 2016, 01:27:25 AM
After doing a bit of reading, I actually think he'd suit the Blood of Vol better. They seem more tolerant, if misunderstood. But maybe he could have been Silver Flame, and grown disillusioned with their methods, leading to his current state of mind. Perhaps another PC could even persuade him to convert as the game progresses. In any case I'd be happy to rework his backstory.

The Blood of Vol would be a pretty difficult religion for a Paladin to work with. I mean technically possible in Eberron, but, well, they're kind of evil, kinda obsessed with necromancy and the undead, and Paladins still have to be Lawful Good and follow their code of ethics.

Silver Phoenix

Egads!  Somehow, I find myself late to the party, I suggested get started! lol

On the plus side, I've sort of already decided on a Kalashtar Kineticist (Kinetic Fist archetype; so kind of a monkish kineticist), though the desire for an Unchained Monk still is gnawing at me, though since I've started a character sheet for the former it is more likely I'll have that one incarnated.
My O/Os: Elliquiy, F-List

Current Game Capacity: 11/11; Full

firepyre

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 02, 2016, 03:11:12 AM
The Blood of Vol would be a pretty difficult religion for a Paladin to work with. I mean technically possible in Eberron, but, well, they're kind of evil, kinda obsessed with necromancy and the undead, and Paladins still have to be Lawful Good and follow their code of ethics.

The way I read it, their core belief is unaligned, abiet widely misunderstood, even if it was started by an evil lich. They believe power lies within, in the blood, but I can't see anything that suggests it must be used for evil. The idea that the power is there, but he's just not good enough to use it fits what I had in mind perfectly.  Drinking each other's blood is probably a little more traditionally evil, but it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me to sell it as a kind of bonding ritual. It probably depends on how it's preached to him. I can even see him partaking in the blood of his slain foes, as a kind of mark of respect to the dead. It'd be more ritualistic, a drop from a silver dagger, than bloodbath though. If it creeps everyone else out, well that could be fun to RP too, as would crossing paths with a more stereotypical evil follower.

Maybe it was his beliefs, and the prejudice surrounding them that alienated him and got him cast out in the first place?

EDIT: Just to clarify, The silver legion's core tennet is destroy all evil. They come across as "good" guys with questionable methods/morality. I want to play the inverse, a character whose heart is in the right place(firmly LG), but who has some questionable habits/vices, mostly to cope with trauma from when things inevitably go wrong. Someone who believes in tolerance and understanding over hate and prejudice, and rehabilitation versus punishment. I expect he'll spend a lot of time atoning. Probably in a bar, staring into a tankard.

Thorne

It's Eberron; 'good' and 'evil' don't always wear the hats they're supposed to wear anyway. I've seen the Silver Flame portrayed as wildly evil, and Kaarnish necromancers described as 'good'. So I'd say there's wiggle-room.

Also, it's entirely too early and my brain is operating on not enough sleep because .. I don't even know. So, yanno.

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on December 02, 2016, 01:52:55 AM
Nah, I already did the three lesbian kobolds in a coat. That trick never works. They're too easily distracted.

Eberron. HALFLING DINOSAUR CAVALRY.

Naturally. Because, if it doesn't involve a Halfling on a giant velociraptor, someone isn't doing something right. *sage nod*

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Rummy Tum Tum

I thought of my character being from the Blood of Vol cult religion as well, but I was pretty sure they don't train monks in that particularly badass monastery, so I tossed the idea. Would've been interesting though, with her being a bit obsessed with the power of her Changeling blood.

Elven Sex Goddess

Delhasha the Pale

Personality:  Strong willed young woman.  Fierce prideful and dutiful.  Her word is her bond.  Trust though is earned in her eyes by deeds and not words.   For in deeds and actions can one see ones true measure of one's self.   With Delhasha is first met she may come off as a bit introverted as she takes a measure of said individual.   Once known and trusted,  she opens to a genial disposition.   

Background:  Delhasha the Pale is a young woman of the Seren Islands.   Through she is not native of the said islands.    Adopted from a young age of one years old.    The lone survivor of a ship that had gone off course and had run afoul of Seren raiders upon the sea.   Taken and raised among the Seren tribe; 'The Frostblades were founded by a lawful good white dragon. While they ruthlessly defend the land from outsiders, they also seek to preserve weaker tribes from the depredations of more violent clans such as the Bringers of Fire. Frostblade dragonspeakers know the secret of alchemist's frost and sometimes use this as a weapon in battle.'

She stands out in Seren society as most Seren's are of dark skin.   Delhasha is tall beauty with pale blonde hair and pale pink skin.   As Serens do not have last names in their cultures.    She is known as Delhasha the Pale.   Raised as a native born Seren.  Delhasha speaks only Draconic.   She is in every way a Seren except by birth.   

Delhasha is of strong sturdy physical abilities.   She has become a stout barbarian warrior of the clans.   She has heirlooms that were her real father's a spear, longsword, shield and helmet. Which the the warrior and his mate that raised her would give to her when she came of age to partake in battles.   

Life seem set,  looking forward to a life with finding a mate among the tribe.  Several suitors from her to choose.    Already having gone on serveral raiding expeditions.    When tragedy would over take the raiding party and the Seren longboat would be broken apart as it is tossed around.    Delhasha survives and ends up on the continent of her birth.    She has been a month on the continent now and has made her way to where the others are.   Her heart thou longs to one day return to her people the Seren and her tribe.   May the great white dragon watch over her.   

Thorne

Alright. As promised, one rogue.

Cinnabar Umbrae
Female daemon-spawn tiefling (Breland) rogue (unchained) 1
CN Medium outsider (native)

Wearing out your welcome in too many towns to count does tend to get a girl to take chances. Maybe this time she can get it right.

Cinnabar is a tall, lithe specimen, a little too thin for her height and build, but generally fit and, despite appearances to the contrary, quite healthy. In normal light, she appears more or less normal, other than the tail that coils around about ... well, everything. Turn the lights out, and she fades into the shadows easily enough.. all but her eyes, which show up with a faint, eerie yellow glow.

Crunchy sheet

Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft., see in darkness; Perception +3
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +0, Ref +6, Will -1
Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee punching dagger +4 (1d4+2/×3)
Ranged shortbow +4 (1d6/×3)
Special Attacks sneak attack (unchained) +1d6
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 15, Dex 19, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 9, Cha 12
Base Atk +0.75; CMB +2; CMD 16
Feats Grasping Tail[ARG], Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +6, Bluff +5, Climb +4, Craft (mapmaking) +6, Diplomacy +5, Disable Device +9, Disguise +5, Knowledge (local) +6, Perception +3, Sense Motive +3, Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +6; Racial Modifiers +2 Disable Device, +2 Sleight of Hand
Languages Common, Goblin, Halfling, Infernal
SQ prehensile tail, trapfinding +1

Gear
Equipped: chain shirt, belt pouch, masterwork backpack [APG], punching dagger, hip flask[UE], waterskin.
Carried
Quiver: arrows (20), shortbow
Backpack : bedroll, chalk (10), identification papers, standard, mess kit[UE], mirror, pot, silk rope (50 ft.), soap,  torch (5), trail rations (5),
Belt Pouch: 5 cp, flint and steel, thieves' tools,
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Energy Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Energy Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Energy Resistance against Fire attacks.
Grasping Tail Your tail can retrieve small objects on your person as a swift action.
Prehensile Tail Your tail can retrieve small objects on your person as a swift action.
See in Darkness See perfectly in darkness of any kind, including magical darkness.
Sneak Attack (Unchained) +1d6 Attacks deal extra dam if flank foe or if foe is flat-footed.
Trapfinding +1 Gain a bonus to find or disable traps, including magical ones.
--------------------

(Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of Fiends 19, Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 264, Pathfinder Unchained 20)

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

TFcommando

I combined the two ideas, a human Elemental Air Sorceress with the Mark of Storm from House Lysander or a cadet branch who was maintaining the elemental ring during the war... the close contact with it might by why she's a sorceress... the power erupting in some crisis, or after the war.  Tired of being confined and channeled into a narrow role, she's adventuring under an assumed name, working out all her pent-up urges.

My question is: What Pathfinder Dragonmark rules are in use, and where are they?  Is it a feat, a trait, a background detail?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Chulanowa

Quote from: TFcommando on December 03, 2016, 12:47:04 AM
I combined the two ideas, a human Elemental Air Sorceress with the Mark of Storm from House Lysander or a cadet branch who was maintaining the elemental ring during the war... the close contact with it might by why she's a sorceress... the power erupting in some crisis, or after the war.  Tired of being confined and channeled into a narrow role, she's adventuring under an assumed name, working out all her pent-up urges.

My question is: What Pathfinder Dragonmark rules are in use, and where are they?  Is it a feat, a trait, a background detail?

Just like as you find in the Eberron Campaign Setting; they're still feats, and function as written. Like I said, I'm allowing the use of Eberron sourcebooks as a source  :-) Do keep in mind that any skill prerequisites are three lower than those listed in 3.5.

The only alterations I've made is to what races can get what marks

• Any humanoid can have a functioning Aberrant mark
• There's a bit of "blending" - Half-elves can have human or elf Dragonmarks, half-orcs can have any human dragonmark, humans and Elves can have half-elven dragonmarks, and orcs can have the Mark of Finding.
• Racial prerequisites go by subtype - a Drow counts as an elf for the Mark of Shadow (or Mark of Storms, for that matter) while a Svirfneblin counts as a gnome for the Mark of Scribing, etc.
• Other races can have the appearance of a standard dragonmark, though it doesn't actually function as a dragonmark, it's just a really intricate birthmark or whatever.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

It's 4AM, I'm staring sleepily at Pathfinder books trying to figure out a reasonably optimal way to do my halfling dino-rider...

And thank to Chulanowa my half-awake brain keeps considering what sorts of hilarity could be achieved by putting "Three kobolds in a big coat" up on the seeking solo roleplay forum.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Chulanowa

Books? Really Carny, it's 2016, we have resources beyond embalmed and tattooed tree corpses.

firepyre

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on December 03, 2016, 06:04:15 AM
It's 4AM, I'm staring sleepily at Pathfinder books trying to figure out a reasonably optimal way to do my halfling dino-rider...

And thank to Chulanowa my half-awake brain keeps considering what sorts of hilarity could be achieved by putting "Three kobolds in a big coat" up on the seeking solo roleplay forum.

Anything involving a lance and spirited charge? 3x damage charges is pretty crazy. The cavalier has a charging specialized archetype... the Gendarme, I think. Maybe a mounted caster of some kind? Either a druid, or a sorcerer(sylvan bloodline) can get one pretty easy. There's a feat path too, if you'd rather play something else.

I'd just make the character and then build something to fit. Optimization isn't really terribly important when you only have 10hp

Silver Phoenix

Eventually went with something completely different; was spending way too long on the Kalashtar idea.  Instead, I went ahead and made a Android Magus (originally going to be an unchain monk before I saw there was already one such concept);  I'll take it as a sign that as soon as I went picture hunting for a portrait, I found one I felt was suitable :P

SERAPH XIII (W.I.P.)

Race: Male Android
Age: 2 since awakened (early 20's appearance); Height: 5' 10"

Personality: Seraph has an inquisitive nature befitting his agile mind.  His time among mercenaries, however, has not left him with many social graces and he tends to be somewhat blunt in his interactions with others, more often than not, avoiding conversation altogether.  When he does talk, it is mostly of factual and quantitative matters.  At his core, Seraph is a sensate, and wants to experience the world and everything it has to offer.

Physical: Seraph has the appearance of well-built, athletic young man.  Whilst his features are general handsome in an elfin sort of way, there does appear to be something slightly off about his appearance, almost bordering on artificial - as though every aspect of his appearance was an act of design and deliberation rather than natural growth - a person of exact measurements and matching symmetry.  Numerous blue tattoos cover him intermittently from head to toe; azure and seemingly metallic in hue.

Background: The first memory Seraph has is of a tugging sensation in his hand and taking a swipe at a wide eyed man who suddenly leaped back.  For whatever reason, he had been standing naked and insensate in the middle of a wasteland surrounded by corpses of all kinds, a black sword gripped tightly in hand.  A band of passing mercenaries, skirting the edges of the Mournland had discovered him, but had little idea of what to make of him - he had apparently not responded to anything they did until they tried to pry the blade from his hand.  Before his bewilderment could get the better of him, the leader of the group came forward and managed to settle things down, inviting him to join her group.

For the two years after, his employment was less mercenary and more that of a sex toy - the leader had correctly identified him as an android and, with functional parts, but sterile, he proved useful for her purposes despite being an oddity.  Whilst he learned some of the ways of the sword, he was usually confined to the her tent, where he spent much of his time riffling through her spell books from which he began to pick up on her craft.  Whilst it was an almost luxurious existence, it didn't not prove a satisfying one as Seraph began to seek answers of himself - such as his name and the number tattooed under his neck; why was he found in the place he was; was he the last of his kind; what role, if any, had he had in this war that had just so recently ended?  The answers to these and many other questions weren't about to be found among the mercenaries, the pavilion, or between the silk sheets of his employer.

After a particularly exhaustive night, Seraph left his employer curled up in sleep on her bed, leaving a single blue rose she had once favourably compared to the colour of the tattoo-circuitry on his body.  Picking up a backpack he had prepared over several weeks, he walked out of camp on pretext of going to pick up a few things for captain in the nearby town they had settled near.  Seraph has not looked back since.

Chulanowa

Took me a second to figure out you went Kensai  :-) Just one thing; Weapon finesse doesn't work with a katana.

Silver Phoenix

Oh right!  Forgot to take away the Dex bonus from an earlier build I was working on.  Eventually will be going for Slashing Grace.  My bad.

Thorne

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 03, 2016, 06:28:06 AM
Books? Really Carny, it's 2016, we have resources beyond embalmed and tattooed tree corpses.

Ppffft. See, this is why I use Hero Labs. :p

(not that the Archives aren't a good source).

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

Arsene

I updated Finn's post with a sketch and more about his personality. I'm loving seeing everyone else's characters so far, such great ideas all around!

Bibliophilia

Oh my god, Arsene, Finn's sketch is fucking awesome.  I'm so jealous.  I love that you went more goofy young-adult tiefling with it, and not the typical broody, hyper-masculine dark and sinister vibe.  It is perfect for then personality you described.

-grins.-

Arsene

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 03, 2016, 11:09:35 PM
Oh my god, Arsene, Finn's sketch is fucking awesome.  I'm so jealous.  I love that you went more goofy young-adult tiefling with it, and not the typical broody, hyper-masculine dark and sinister vibe.  It is perfect for then personality you described.

-grins.-

Thank you so much!  ;D  I can appreciate a good broody demon boy like anyone else but I thought a slightly unhinged mad alchemist would be a lot more fun to play and interact with. I'm really happy his personality shows through!

EndofDivine

Thought about giving this one a pass since I applied in the other one but I got an idea in my head that needed to be let out. Being a war obsessed horse archer that throws out magical arrows sounds like a blast.

Valindra
Valenar Elf Eldritch Archer Magus

Background: The Valenar have little use for weak or unproven warriors. Valindra is no exception. A young elven woman of only a few decades, Valindra isn't of an age to have seen the fighting that put traditional elven lands back into the rightful hands of the elves. Without the experience of the Last War to lean on and with Valenar gearing up for expansion, the youngest generation has been sent abroad to tackle challenges worthy of themselves, the Valenar, and their ancestors.

Valindra is one such elven youth given this quest whose conditions are simple: succeed or don't come home. With her horse, Shandrydan, at her side and bow in hand, Valindra wants nothing more than to prove herself upon foreign lands. When she returns to Valenar, she wants to do so a hero - a warrior whose name will live forever. Then, her training can be properly put to use when Valenar goes to war.

Description: Despite being of average height (for an elf) and slender build, Valindra is still an imposing figure even for those that might not be aware of her warrior heritage. Her gaze is the cold stare of a killer, not the cheerful, gentle look of a young woman. Underneath the vibrant and airy fabric of her desert garb and her worn leather armor is the body of one who spent their life in training - the defined and carefully crafted muscle of a fighter.

It is rare for anyone to gaze upon Valindra's facial features. The young elf always wears the veils her people are known for and will flatly refuse to remove it in any sort of public setting. Her somewhat lengthy blonde hair is typically braided or otherwise tied beneath her headwraps and kept out of sight.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Arsene on December 03, 2016, 11:25:12 PM
Thank you so much!  ;D  I can appreciate a good broody demon boy like anyone else but I thought a slightly unhinged mad alchemist would be a lot more fun to play and interact with. I'm really happy his personality shows through!
Gotta say, I also love your sketch and character personality. Seems like a fun character all 'round :D

Quote from: EndofDivine on December 03, 2016, 11:55:27 PM
-snip-
Eldritch Archer Magus...holy shit, that sounds as badass as she looks and is described to be.

Andi

Andi

Steelclaw

Class: Fighter
Race: Warforged
Height: 7'

Description: In the absence of non-generic Warforged art (that I can find): Steelclaw is, even as Warforged go, massive. Standing at attention, his crest reaches seven feet, his frame is almost three feet across the shoulders, his eyes a deep scarlet that matches the purplish-black of his armor plating. Attachment points for rank insignia are visible on his shoulders, revealing that Steelclaw was, at one point, designed to be a Warforged officer - the rank and file tend to carry the etchings suitable for a private or corporal. Empty channels criss-cross his armor, clearly intended for traceries of some sort that were never completed, and multiple sockets in strategic locations demonstrate that Steelclaw was designed to be outfitted with armor spikes. His voice is a deep bellow, easily audible across a room even when he is not yelling; at full volume, there is no doubt he could make himself heard and understood over the noise of a major battle.

History: Steelclaw was built to lead an Aundairan unit of Warforged assault trrops - a unit of juggernauts. Steelclaw was brought online early to ensure his personality would be suitable before final modifications to his body were made; he spent much of the following years in various construction facilities, honing his skills while awaiting install of his remaining components. Other than his jaw, they were never completed, and Steelclaw was released into the dubious freedom of the Treaty of Thronehold in the half-complete state he is currently in. Despite these shortcomings of construction, Steelclaw is a fierce combattant and has spent the past five years serving the Aundairan forces off the officlal books as a mercenary.

Personality: Designed as an officer, built as a prospective Juggernaut, and without an expectation he would need to function in society, Steelclaw's personality is as unpolished as his body. He possesses a soldier's notion of hierarchy and the need of deference to someone of rank, but lacks a human's comprehension of the finer points of the social web. As a result, he generally functions well in any organization with strict hierarchies, but implied ones confuse him and tend to result in him addressing anyone and everyone as an equal - or a subordinate, if he decides he is the most qualified to give orders at that moment. Steelclaw is also convinced that, having created Warforged to do their fighting for them, the organic races of Eberron have no business fighting in their own wars. Why risk their skins, when easily rebuilt and replaced Warforged can engage in the fighting? Why waste training, when one can be literally /built/ for war? Despite his inability to comprehend a decision to do so, however, Steelclaw has great respect for anyone who chooses to engage in warfare: after all, unless he assumes that individual to be insane to willingly subject himself to those conditions, there must be an excellent reason and thus the person deserves respect.
Sheet

Steelclaw
Male warforged fighter 1
LN Medium humanoid
Init +1; Senses Perception +2
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 19, touch 11, flat-footed 18 (+6 armor, +1 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 12 (1d10+2)
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1; Situational Text, Situational Text
DR 1/—
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft.
Melee bite +5 (1d6+4), slam +5 (1d4+4)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 17, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 10
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 15
Feats Jaws Of Death, Power Attack
Traits honeyed tongue, rich parents
Skills Acrobatics -2 (-6 to jump), Craft (armor) +7, Diplomacy +5, Intimidate +4, Perception +2, Profession (soldier) +5, Sense Motive +2
Languages Aundairan, Brelish, Common
Other Gear mwk breastplate, candle (2), chalk, everburning torch, hammer, masterwork artisan's tools, piton (4), sack (2), silk rope (50 ft.), sunrod (3), tindertwig (4), 365 gp
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Damage Reduction (1/-) You have Damage Reduction against all attacks.
Power Attack -1/+2 You can subtract from your attack roll to add to your damage.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.

TFcommando

Gwen Stormlady

Gwen Lyrander-Karch was a member of a human cadet branch of House Lysander, lesser nobility trading on a great name from a connection generations past, supporting the great house with an above-average number of magical adepts.  Gwen was one such, groomed and educated in the arcane arts, though lacking the spark of true wizardry or a Dragonmark.  Duty was everything for the house, stifling, overbearing but necessary with the war.  She finished her apprenticeship and was sent to the front lines serving on a frigate in the years of the war., keeping the systems running smoothly, burying any thought of doing something else. 

Then something strange happened… perhaps it was a touch of the elements in her bloodline or working around the elemental ring for so long, but she erupted… not with a dragon mark, but with destructive arcane might, right in the middle of a boarding action!  The smoke cleared and she had helped press back the attackers…. at which time something stranger happened.  The war ended! 

With airship production curtailed, there was less of a need for crew and nothing waiting for her back home but eventually finding an arranged marriage.  Gwen instead set off on a sabbatical to learn about and test her newfound power… and to indulge in other things she was denied due to her service and role.  The first thing she did was cast away her uniform, even though she had nothing else to wear!

Adopting the guise of a scantily-clad wicked sorceress straight from a melodrama, she adopted the alias of Gwen Stormlady and set out as a hedonistic wandering adventurer, following her impulses, as changeable as the weather.  She stops by the family manor every year or two, where she’s become quite the black sheep just by being away.  If they only knew what she was up to…

Female Human Sorcerer 1
CG Medium Humanoid
Init +2 Perception +1

AC 12, Touch 12, Flatfooted 10 (+4 for Mage Armor
HP 9
Saves Fort +2 Ref. +2 Will +3

Speed 30 feet
BAB 0
Melee -1
Ranged +2

Sorcerer Spells Known

1st  Mage Armor, Magic Missile
0th Read Magic, Ray of Frost, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic

Stats

-2 Str 8 -1
5 Dex 14 +2
5 Con 14 +2
5 Int 14 +2
2 Wis 12 +1
10 Cha 18 +4

Base Atk +0
CMB +0
CMD

Feats:
Eschew Materials
Spell Focus Evocation
Spell Specialization Magic Missile

Adventuring Skills
Knowledge (Arcana) +6
Diplomacy +9
Intimidate +9
Spellcraft +6
Use Magic Device +8

Background Skills
Knowledge (Nobility) +6
Profession (Sail) +6

Languages
Common
Auran
Draconic
Elven

Traits
Social - Princess Diplomacy Class Skill, +1 Diplomacy & Intimidate bonus
Magic - Havoc of the Society +1 trait damage to every spell, considered Force.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

TFcommando

Will be updating with expanded background stuff, Mythweavers sheet and things I missed, like equipment.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Chulanowa

Alright, closing interest for now; If you've posted interest but haven't gotten a character in, go ahead and put it in. I'll be drawing names out of a hat or something on Friday evening.

TFcommando

A hat?!  Surely writing up a random table and rolling on it would be more appropriate! :)
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in

Thorne

Nah. Big piece of corkboard, with all our character images tacked to it. Blindfolded, of course.  ^.~

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

firepyre

Quickly goes back and enlarges his image as much as possible... XD

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 06, 2016, 11:52:01 PM
Alright, closing interest for now; If you've posted interest but haven't gotten a character in, go ahead and put it in. I'll be drawing names out of a hat or something on Friday evening.

My week has been awful, but it's all DONE now. Hopefully this isn't too late. It's still Friday somewhere, right?

Myranya

Myranya is a Talenta hunting-shaman turned battle-shaman (there's some comment somewhere in the Eberron books about Tallenta halfling shamans with "Druids" in parentheses after it, I've been looking for it, I'm sure it's there, just need to find it!).
She was originally a member of the Shortfang tribe, but married into the rather small Bloodstripe tribe eighteen years ago. Her husband, Halthan, was a hunter/warrior, and while she did some scouting and was combat trained, she was really more of a minor "medicine-woman" type...This was not a matter of sexism, the Tallenta halflings are notedly egalitarian...There were simply more powerful druids in the small tribe and she wanted to have children and participate in raising them. She participated in important hunts, particularly defensive ones (entangle would be darned useful to put a sudden stop to something threatening one's herds) and did blessings and healing when needed.
This was a little unusual among the Bloodstripe, as (like several RL tribal societies) the husband's sister or aunt tended to be more the 'custodian' of the children. Not bad or tabu, just unusual.
She had twin sons two decades ago. They've officially been grown men for almost six years and have married into two other tribes.
During the early part of the war, House Deneith recruited about a third of the Bloodstripe tribe to act as mercenary light cavalry, which were hired out to Cyre. Since the Bloodstripes largely roamed the southeast Tallenta Plains, there was little chance they would conflict with their own. The mercenary group was not just warriors, but also a chunk of their herds, families and support (lots of mercenary companies aggregate 'campaign wives' and families...This one started with them!). Myranya and her husband went along as part of this group.
While Cyre was not their homeland, it was certainly spectacular, but it was crumbling and being destroyed day by day. One of the lessons the Bloodstripes took away from this was that all the precious knowledges and toys and trifles of 'civilization' vanished quickly...And those who succumbed to them and took them for granted were ill-prepared to move out at a moment, with spear in hand and herds beside them as the Tallenta tribes could. In a peculiar way, without being rude, Myranya (and others of her tribe if they turn up) are more likely to regard those who flaunt their civilization with pity than awe...Because when it all falls apart, someone will have to take care of these people.
The Bloodstripes primarily acted as scouts/skirmishers for Cyre. Skirmishers don't always get away cleanly. In an incident during the last year of the war, her husband didn't return from a charge. No more detail than that in the heat and dust and confusion of battle, and he was hardly the only one. She mourned for about a half year as tradition required, but rather than taking the opportunity of adopting the role of an honored widow, with her sons grown and married off she instead looked to take his place in the line. She called a good hunting dinosaur, an allosaur, and trained it in the Tallenta fashion for combat. "Little Glutton" is something of a mischievous brute, and has a mild propensity for trouble and curiousity, but the two of them are as well-linked as any rider could ask. His own inquisitiveness is a good counterbalance for her mature reserve.
During the half year that followed, Myranya was in several minor battles, but mostly acted as a healer or support rather than a warrior, though her mount's own aggression got her out of a few scrapes.
On the Day of Mourning, the Bloodstripe were encamped at the western flank of the Cyrean forces. When the grey mist approached, it was from the east...Between the tribe and the Tallenta Plains. The tribe fled West from what is now the Field of Ruins, ending up in Kennrun escorting a contingent of Cyran refugees.
By the time they reached Breland, there really wasn't a "Cyrean army." The implacable mist made a rout of maneuvering larger formations. As a small mercenary unit, the Tribe acted in a fairly self-sufficient manner. They encountered other House Deneith mercenaries along the way, and an aggregate surrender/repatriation was agreed upon through House Deneith representatives in Breland.
This agreement was almost immediately revised into a new contract: some elements of the routed armies had turned bandit, and despite the generosity of the Brelish king there were issues and worries about safely handling the massive influx of refugees, some of whom undoubtedly included loyal Cyran military that (in the great confusion) continued to blame Breland for the mist or otherwise tried to take advantage of the chaos to redress old grievances. The tribe found itself acting as escorts and support for movements of refugee groups, and occasionally put to tracking small groups of Cyran and other deserters who seemed to be moving from the newly created Mournlands into Breland.
Two years later, with New Cyre well-established and the majority of the deserter problems solved one way or another, the tribe was told their contract was concluded, and the halflings elected to inform House Deneith that they were returning to the Plains...Albeit by a rather long detour to the North.
Myranya and a few others (mostly those who had married into the tribe, or who had lost those friends who most tied them into the tribe's society) stayed behind, continuing to work for House Deneith individually or in small groups, and to fulfill their own curiousity about the strange (and becoming stranger) place in which they have found themselves. It is a result of this curiousity which has led her northward and into Aundair.
While the Talenta are reputed to be rather aggressive, and Myranya might at first glance seem somewhat dour for a halfling, a faint hint of a smile usually does linger on her face for the world around her. She manifests a peculiarly maternal role with regard to the Cyran refugees and others who have been displaced or injured by the last war...I.E., a majority of the people she meets. She saw the desolation of the Mournland as it was born and the destruction of several populations and families. While she is still a druid, what she serves at this time has slowly spread to encompass not simply the idea of 'nature,' but that of 'life.' A fool human with his odd widgets and little magical toys and marked-leaves with trapped powers may be a fool, but is still just as potentially worthy of preservation as a young oak sapling. In time, the young oak may grow old, and the fool may learn better to embrace the flows of power in the world itself rather than working so hard trying to contain and control them...and who knows? An elder human could be as important to those around it as an elder oak.
Her sense of humor best manifests itself with a little drink and a lot of good company. She's surprisingly burly for her size, but without a beard there's no chance of her being mistaken for a dwarven girl. Even so, you don't want to get into an arm-wrestling match with her. Between the geometry of longer arms at lower angles and her own dense biceps, she gets quite a lot of free drinks from people who try.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Chulanowa

Alright so, final selections are...

Silver Phoenix - Seraph - Android Kensai Magus
Andi - Steelclaw - Warforged Fighter
Bibliophilia - Ebba Losho - Shifter Juju Oracle
EndofDivine - Valindra - Elf Eldritch archer magus
CarnivalOfTheGoat - Myrabya - Halfling Saurian Shaman Druid

Thanks to everyone for your interest and interesting characters. if you missed this run, well, I have plans to run another pathfinder game in the very near future.

I will have an OOC thread up tomorrow, and will hopefully get an IC thread warmed up by the end of the weekend, maybe sooner..

Rummy Tum Tum

Chulanowa

Alright everyone, sorry for the delay. I got commandeered by... Stuff... thaaaaangs...  -_-

So, here's the OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259968.0