firefox videos and games dont work.

Started by Nitro, June 27, 2012, 04:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro

I have firefox and I have had it for years I just updated to the newest version of firefox and no videos are working be it youtube or any where else, my facebook games won't come up either and I have tried everything. Could it be something wrong with the newest version of firefox? Or has anyone else had this problem ? I really don't know what else I can do I am so used to mozilla that I really don't want to change browsers if I don't have to. Any help you can givewould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

~Syanyte~

Vekseid

Most likely situation is you had an older version of flash that Mozilla disabled for security reasons.

I have some basic advice in the sticky at the top of this forum: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=94202.0 'Security for all systems' is relevant.

despickable

The new version froze constantly and had lag times that were long and frustrating. I finally had enough and deleted it and use Google Chrome now. It saved all my Firefox bookmarks etc so I lost nothing but I did like Firefox it might be a problem that Veks mentioned I found last time that it happened it Firefox provided an update and it fixed itself but I ran out of patience with it  I hope you have better luck than I did Syanyte

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Nitro

Thanks Veks I tried to do all that it said but it still is not working, though I have noticed that a lot of people with the new version of Firefox are having the same problem. Some said to download an older version of Firefox and just use that till they fix the problem but I have no clue on how to go about doing that. Or where I would even find an older version I have used Firefox for so long that I am just so used to it and I would hate to have to get rid of it completely.

Despickable Thanks I would use google chrome but to me it seems more complicated the Firefox and well I have this bar on it that I cant get rid of no matter what I do and if I could I would use it but I would hate to use something other then Firefox. I am running out of patience fast and I have tried just about everything but I have no clue what to do now I am about ready to just give it. Thanks though I hope so too though it is not looking like it. ^_^

Lilias

Usually, every time Firefox updates, I get prompted by Adobe to upgrade Flash as well, so I don't have issues, although I run the latest FF version. Try here for older ones.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

Mr. Oniya was having some Flash-based issues recently, and I walked him through upgrading - for some reason, the usual auto-update had 'issues' as well.  If you haven't tried it already, uninstall any and all versions of Flash, then go to Adobe's site and snag the latest one. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Serephino

There are only a few things I can think of.  You can try going here- http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html and clearing your flash cookie thingies.  You can also check to see if all your plug-ins are up to date.  It probably is a compatibility issue.