News:

Main Menu

Round numbers

Started by Bliss, June 04, 2007, 09:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalen

My part in the 'post race' is because I like to tease Bliss about her fanatical speed.. we're having fun. 

As for my comment a moment ago, about 'getting out there'?  I stand by that.  I think that everyone who joins this site should WRITE.

One post a month.. one post a minute.. who cares?  Just bring your writing, share with the community. 

I've always seen this thread as good, harmless fun.. and if anyone sees it as something more, than I think they missed the intent.

kongming

The reason why I said I need to hurry up is that these days I have people waiting on me for posts. I'll open Elliquiy up, then feel as though I can't contribute anything large, so only do a few posts on the word games and things, then go and do something else.

I used to be fanatical about keeping my rate at 20/day+, but then just went "Meh", and figured as long as I have fun and don't get "I'm waiting..." complaints, it's all good.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Bliss

I never meant this thread to make post rates into a competition or measuring stick... I mostly just have this weird thing for numbers, and wanted a place to post my weird enjoyment about them when I hit things that felt like any kind of milestone. I got all squee this weekend because my number of incoming PMs was the same digit all the way across. I just like the way that looks.

God forbid I ever turn my attention to numerology, I may lose myself!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Cherri Tart

*nods*  hey, if someone is only in one game, and they post once a week and their partner and themselve is having a wonderful time creating a story, it's just as valid.  This was, at least to me, just a fun bit of nonsense, never to be taken seriously. :)  my only meter on my own posting is trying not to make my partner wait too long between posts. 
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Nell

Yes, that goes without saying. I'd be more satisfied creating one dazzling piece of writing that I could claim 'perfect' or close enough than 1000 worthless rambles. Not that that'll ever happen. I'm just a little nervous about whether it means I've been rejected since I haven't been accepted yet...I can be a little impatient sometimes  :-\

Elvi

If you had actually looked Cloud, you will see that some are accepted on only one or two posts, as I was Oh so long ago, some take a little more time....

As, I believe has been stated in your thread, Lilac, the site owner is away and there is some delay in getting people into full membership.
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Nell

I guess I should have noticed that.

Sry, didn't realize it had to be through Lilac.

Elandra

~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Apple of Eris

Like, oh my god! It's 1K! It only took a year and a half!  ;D
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

land mark number!  Roar hit -50! yay me! *giggles*

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Swedish Steel

11000 PMs. Congratulation, Bliss. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Bliss

Eeee! Now I feel like I should go back through my posts to see who gave me number 9000!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Bliss

Post 9000 was made this morning to Archangel in A Camping Nightmare!
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Cherri Tart

you owe Angel a kiss :)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Hunter

Okay, how did people get ahead of me.  I used to be highest poster around here (but then again, that was before Elvi wandered in).

Bliss

I can't explain anybody else, but if you dig back through the sb archives I clearly called myself a freak of nature as pertains to postrate.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

kongming

Vegeta! What does the scouter say about her post number?
IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!
What, nine thousand!?!
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Bliss

I've been waiting for that. *grin*

And now that I've hit it... please essplain?
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

kongming

It's an internet meme, starting with the children's anime, Dragonball Z. I'm going to do some guesswork here, as I don't actually watch it. At any rate, I believe everyone has a "power level", which changes based on how psyched up they are. Or something. So at some point the hero, probably Goku, gets really pumped.

"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?"

Vegeta then tears the little device off his head (it's one of those robotic eye lens things) and smashes it for no apparent reason.

"IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!"

"WHAT, nine thousand!?!"

Someone recorded that, repeated it a gajillion times, played with the speed of it and uploaded it to Youtube. Hilarity ensues.

4chan decided it was awesome and spread it all over the place. Instant win. Furthermore, it features in "Yu-gi-oh: The Abridged Series". One card gets more than 9,000 attack points, and so they use that sound clip, placing it over the two other guys talking.

Ons/Offs:

Bliss

Quote from: Cherri Tart on October 12, 2007, 02:25:34 PM
you owe Angel a kiss :)

Sloppy pirate kisses?

So now I've got 9,300. At this rate not only will I hit 20K by Halloween, I might even hit it by the 25th. Almost a week to spare.

Heh. I don't know, that's probably a biiiit of a stretch.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

I think that you'll hit it sometime around.. the 26th.  Oh, look.. that's today. 

Premature Congrats to Bliss on her 10k!  (hey, she's 8 posts away.. and it's RARE for a guy to be HAPPY when he's premature)

And I'd like to point out that I just hit 1K, myself.. big day for round numbers!

Bliss

*high five* Good on you! Milestones are such fun, aren't they? :D
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

I had a lot of fun with my 1k post, as you can tell  ;D

Bliss

Post 10,000 has been made!

*stares at all those lovely zeroes, and then watches as this one changes the last 0 into a 1, turning it into a perfect little palindrome.*
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

*gives you a standing O... and claps for you, too*