Why I think I am actually a 'nice guy'.

Started by Chris Brady, February 08, 2010, 02:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

Now, a few weeks or so back, there was a thread from a very nice lady thanking all 'us' nice guys for putting up with women who effectively walk all over us.  And this sorta stuck in my craw because it seemed that the impression that 'we' nice guys are actually doing it for some sort of reward, and not getting our due.  Or whatever.  And this got me thinking.

And I came to this conclusion.  I really am a 'nice guy', doomed to never really getting 'any' because of one major factor.  When I do the things that the aforementioned letter to the Nice Guys listed (Listening, Going Shopping or otherwise entertaining the member of the opposite sex) I do it because I want to.  I do it because it's FUN, it's nice to be the center of attention for someone else for a little while.

I used to talk to this girl on-line and she had a boyfriend and everything, and every so often she'd want to play the Yahoo Scrabble game, or an MSN game or something.  And I would jump at it, because it was fun to play against her (Despite winning most of the time, she did however put up a hell of a fight), and all the time, I wasn't really trying to score brownie points with her, because it never occured to me to even try.  I just played the game and when she was done, or had to go, that was that.

And that's just one instance of it, I've done things like all my life.  Oh, sure I do wish that some of these girls would have looked a little further, usually after the fact, but in the end, I enjoyed what little time I got to play.

But at the same time, does that make me a nice guy, or just an ignorant sap that'll be ignored for the rest of his life?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Paladin

I don't think so man. I do the nice things because I want too also.