User-Friendly Wanted Ads

Started by Greenthorn, April 19, 2011, 07:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

I know that I asked/mentioned this before, but any possibility of making the Wanted threads a bit more user-friendly? Female Wanted/Male Wanted/Other Wanted would be great. Or even a further breakdown of sorts… anything to make looking for a new writing partner easier.

Whenever I check the wanted threads, I’m stuck opening many to read the contents since some people do not specify in their titles what they are looking for. Another option would be the added ability to add a hover-over summary (which I THINK is a forum add on)… when you place your pointer over the title a small blurb pops up.

Trieste

I believe that one of Veks' goals with the new CMS is to make searching for writing partners easier. :)

Oniya

Not sure if you were on break when it got put together, but there's a Players button that you can use to search for people based on interests.  I know it's not quite the same thing, but it could be useful.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Greenthorn

Quote from: Trieste on April 19, 2011, 08:37:05 AM
I believe that one of Veks' goals with the new CMS is to make searching for writing partners easier. :)

Thanks.

Quote from: Oniya on April 19, 2011, 09:34:52 AM
Not sure if you were on break when it got put together, but there's a Players button that you can use to search for people based on interests.  I know it's not quite the same thing, but it could be useful.

Yeah, the search feature is a bit clunky in my opinion... not very user-friendly. Additionally, I'm not interested in interests, but more so just finding someone who is looking for females, and using the search function for that would give me entirely too many results  ;)

Oreo

I don't know how you feel about add-ons, but in the interim Interclue will allow you to see the page without actually opening it.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

rahatngt

Quote from: Trieste on April 19, 2011, 08:37:05 AM

Do a little jump up and down.