Slasher! [WoD, Ex]

Started by The Great Triangle, May 29, 2009, 03:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

I'm interested in starting a system based game about a group of serial killers who conincedentally band together and end up protecting the world.  On another note, I'll also need some people to play victims.  :-)

There are two main types of serial killers in my game:  Rippers, and Scourges.  Rippers are people with extraordinary skill at killing, while scourges are supernatural beings who punish humanity for its sins. 

There are five types of rippers and five types of scourges.  A scourge gains the powers of a ripper in addition to the powers of its scourge type. 

The Rippers:

Avenger: Avengers exist to right a wrong.  They're psychotic vigilantes, and seekers of revenge.

Brute: Brutes are people who simply watn to kill those weaker than them.  They're insanely strong, and good at turning random objects into murder weapons.

Charmer: Charmers are good at convincing people that they're not just out to kill them.  Which is quite good for getting victims somewhere private.

Freak: Freaks simply don't fit in, but they're masters of keeping control of their territory. 

Genius: Geniuses are incredibly smart, but they need to defeat their prey mentally in the process of killing them.  They favor traps, and making killings look like suicide.

The Scourges:

Legend: Freddy Kreuger style beings who gain power through following their particular idiom.  They have specific weaknesses which render them powerless.

Mask: Almost unkillable monsters who lack the power of speech.  They're filled with hate and malice.

Psycho: Charismatic killers who can keep people from realizing what they are until it's too late.

Mutant: Horribly deformed monsters with strange forms.

Maniac: Psychotic monsters who strive to promote their own version of morality at the expense of others.

Rippers are created with 100xp, while Scourges are created with 35xp.  I'm interested in taking on up to four slasher players. 

Characters can be created with merits and options from the books Second Sight, Armory, Armory Reloaded, Reliquary, Book of Spirits, Hunter: the Vigil, and Witch Hunters. 

If you're not familiar with the mechanics but have a strong concept, I can help create a character.   :-)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Crovonovin

I'd just like to pledge my interest here.  I'd like to ask a bit more about the actual story you have in mind here, specifically how the homicidal (supernatural or otherwise) could possibly save the world.  Presumably potential players would be working under the assumption that their respective characters would want to save the world in the first place.

The Great Triangle

The situation:

The town of Heaven, Georgia, is a fairly ordinary town on the coast, with a sulfate mine just outside of town that drives the economy.  Unfortunately, the entire existance of the town is part of a dark ritual to return horrible cthonic monstrosities into the world.

Enter Morningstar, a rather flexible woman, who knows the truth behind the town of Heaven, and knows that the only way to stop it is wholesale slaughter. 

Hence the gathering of a "dream team" of sadistic killers, each offered their greatest desire.  Some are receiving a special place in hell.  Some have been summoned.  Some simply crave the opportunity to kill.  Either way, the world won't be safe until the entire town is driven into the ground. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Atlus

Sounds intriguing. Since I don't recognize the book names can I assume that this nWoD? I'm interested if you don't mind a slow poster (about once a day give or take).
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Atlus on June 02, 2009, 07:42:26 PM
Sounds intriguing. Since I don't recognize the book names can I assume that this nWoD? I'm interested if you don't mind a slow poster (about once a day give or take).

Yeah. Slasher's a supplement for the Hunter: The Vigil lineup, which is an nWoD game.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Atlus

I just went through my books again and I have Armory and nWoD core book. I'm still interested, I just have no idea what the system looks like.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>