Blackmailed Superheroines (Mutants and Masterminds 3rd, NC or Extreme)

Started by Jaded, December 02, 2014, 02:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExisD

A more full concept:

Oversight
Home City: New York, New York
Height: 5'1"  Weight: 90 lbs.
Hair: Black  Eyes: Violet

History: Katja had always been the smart girl in the back of the class that knew the answer to every question, but would only speak when spoken to. It wasn't due to a lack of interest though, she was watching everyone very intently. She simply preferred watching people and figuring out how they work over actually interacting with them.

This all changed when her powers started developing. She'd known that sometimes people simply got super powers, but never dreamed it would happen to her. It started with being able to feel the presence of minds around her. Soon after that she could tell what they were feeling, then what they were thinking. Then she pushed further. The teenage mind turned out to be a terribly easy thing to control. A slight tweak of emotion here, an inserted thought there, and they can be molded into whatever you desire.

For Katja, this power was too great and her self-control too low. She spent about a month as the hidden queen of her school. That all ended when she went too far. If any hero had realized she would have instantly been branded a heinous villain,

She ran away when she realized what happened, unwilling to believe that she let herself go that far. Katja had been planing to go to college for psychiatry, thinking her powers would help her. Instead she went out to fight crime, anything to atone for what she'd done. Thankfully, mind reading made it easy to both find and apprehend common criminals.

Personality: Katja is a quiet girl who spends a lot of her time planning out every action and trying to stop violence before it occurs, or if it's unavoidable ending the fight as quickly as she can. She wants to help people and understands many at a level they themselves don't, but has trouble with things like consent and letting people make choices she thinks are bad. While she realizes this and tries to compensate, in the heat of the moment it's hard.

Jaded

I was not expecting this much interest.   :o  Though I was willing to accept up to 8, and we appear to have 8.  ;)

The characters sound interesting so far. :-) 

Was everyone interested in playing heroes/heroines?  If so I'll probably look to divide the various characters into groups of 2-4.  Whether teams, sidekick type duos, or just 'friends.'  From there I will (at least some of the time) have them playing against each other to lighten my own workload. 

The characters would all have been blackmailed by the same villain, who has powers useful in that regard.  However few if any of them have met him directly.  The villain wouldn't be opposed to them battling other villains, as it helps remove his competition, so they would be allowed to continue their regular jobs at least some of the time.

I don't have a specific city or period in mind.  Do people prefer one from the rulebooks?  One that is basically today but with superheroes?  Or any other suggestions?

Also, what is everyone's preference in terms of content and what section this goes in?  NC-Human, NC-Exotic, or Extreme?

ExisD: Mind Control
Muse: Comic Book Girl
Foxy Oni: Speedster
D12: Outsider
Blinkin: Shadows
Chajesdad: Biomanipulator
Latooni Subota: ?
TFcommando: 'Batwoman' or Sorceress

Quote from: Blinkin on December 02, 2014, 03:27:29 PM
I could be interested, if it stays well away from cannon-look-a-likes, but I don't know a thing about the system. *sighs*

I'd prefer that characters are original, though I doubt I'd recognize most copies, and given the number created in various universes, it may be hard to entirely get away from comparisons.  I'm not sure I am up to helping a ton with the system, but if someone else can you are welcome to join.

Quote from: Muse on December 02, 2014, 10:44:34 PM
Name:         Mary Robinson
Build Points:      150/150
Concept:         Comic Book Girl
Faith:         Mormon
Origin:         Mary has no clue how or why it happened, but for 9 months now she has found herself responding to danger--especially threats to the innocent--by turning into characters from the racy comic books she writes.  She then retains the form, powers, and personality of these uninhibited character ‘til the next rising of the sun. 
   This has lead to a lot of blushing… 

Could she be effectively blackmailed long term if her personality shifts a lot?

D12

I am good with anywhere from the spectrum from NC-human to Extreme; I think I would probably favor more toward the Extreme if only because it allows for more options, though I will admit few of my interests would fall too far out NC-Exotic, I am flexible.

As for a setting I think, basically today with supers, maybe a little toward to future would be my preference; but again I am flexible, since I'm playing a more 'alien' character I could probably fit her into whatever era we like. I don't need guns/super science or anything. Just magic :P

And since everyone else is posting character stuff, and I'm getting jealous here's a Heavy Beta Sheet. I'm still working through Powers, the the whole, Area, Modifiers, Effect, Descriptors thing took some getting used to again, but I'm pretty sure I've got everything where its supposed to be. (of course it never hurts to get a second pair of eyes to look at it :P)
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Foxy DeVille

I lean towards Extreme since that covers all bases and I'm personally a freak.  >:)

As for setting, today with supers work for me. My only thing is that there's arent too many so our characters are still special.

Chajesdad

A more refined character concept here.

Name:         Rebecca Harrigan
Build Points:      150/150
Concept:         Personal Bio-Manipulator
Faith:         Menonite
Origin:   Rebecca's powers first came to light as a youth of eight. She was on the family fishing vessel on the open seas. The waters had the most intriguing pink and white floating balloons and she jumped in to swim with them. They were jellyfish, and as her family raced to free her of the deadly waters, she just laughed at their caress and danced in the waters with them. She emerged unscathed, without any effects of the jellyfish poisons.

Race:         Human

Birthday:       11th of February
height:         6’3”
Weight:         225 lbs
Measures:       42”DD, 34”, 36”
Skin:         Fair and creamy. 
Hair:            Raven black, often kept loose or in exotic braidings.
Eyes:         Beautiful, vibrant green
Style: Born of children of the 90s, she likes the urban look, wearing a long black trench, hiking boots, and her ever-present walkman.

Becca has always had an interest in animals, and biology. This increased as her powers manifested and she became more able to manipulate her body to mimic their defenses and biological structures. She makes her money by using her bodies defense to refine and sell lab quality chemicals.

As for setting, now is fine or moderately in the future for setting is perfect for Rebecca as far as  time period. I would go with Extreme just to leave the options open, but personally am not into most of what fits that profile.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Latooni Subota

NC-Exotic is more my speed, but I can tolerate Extreme as long as people don't expect me to be doing much on the Extreme end of the spectrum.

Edit: As for a concept, I think I'm gonna go with a gadgeteer. A little bit of Forge, a little bit of Tony Stark, and in a much cuter package. Wee teleport belts and personal defense shields!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Muse

Quote from: Latooni Subota on December 03, 2014, 08:46:19 AM
NC-Exotic is more my speed, but I can tolerate Extreme as long as people don't expect me to be doing much on the Extreme end of the spectrum.

Ditto.  :) 

ooh, and I do like the concept, Latooni-chan. 

Quote from: Jaded on December 03, 2014, 01:05:51 AM
Could she be effectively blackmailed long term if her personality shifts a lot?

Hm...

Good question.  (Especialy sine the cave girl is a ditz and the gunslinger-girl is rather amoral...) 

I think the answer is yes.  As each of the characters is basicly a repressed aspect of Marry's personality taking charge, they still care about most of the things that she does--and their own continued existence. 

So, the best way to blackmail Marry and all her alternate forms would be with a threat to her family.  It would have to be an insidious one rather than just, "We've got your little sister hostage."  Like, something that would destroy  her father both financially and legally, plunging the rest of the family into poverty. 

Alternatively--and this one might fall apart as Mary matures--but a threat to reveal her 'secret identity.  While she would be very embarrassed if someone were to go public with the fact--and would consider it a threat to her family as well--when multiple characters by the same author come to life, ti would make sense to look into that authors connection to it.  but....   

Oooh, okay.  For that route, maybe Mary writes all these comics under a pen name to begin with?  This way she has a secret identity to protect both in and out of heroine i.D.s.  (Even gives her the option of showing up in a costume without changing.) 

But yes, the other identities will frequently work in ways that Mary wouldn't like, but they would still take a threat to reveal Mary seriously, both because--unconsciously at least--they care for Marry's family, for Mary, and their own continued ability to express themselves. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ExisD

Quote from: Foxy Oni on December 03, 2014, 01:34:18 AM
I lean towards Extreme since that covers all bases and I'm personally a freak.  >:)

As for setting, today with supers work for me. My only thing is that there's arent too many so our characters are still special.

I'm seconding foxy's answer for these. As for time, I was imagining modern for my character, but she could fit into any period after group schooling became common.

TFcommando

Modern or near-future would seem to be the best as far as being familiar and easy to set up... plus cellphone cameras and the internet make blackmail easy and wide-ranging.  In times past, you could move somewhere else and change your name with comparative ease.  Though a late 60s/early 70s period could be fun... funky action during the sexual revolution! :)

Is there a glossary of terms around?  I'm not quite sure I get the difference between Exotic and Extreme yet... mostly-humanoid verses full anthros, tentacles and such? 

Darkling
Name:         Julie Chambers
Build Points:      150/150
Concept:         Sorceress
Faith:         Atheist (moving to demon worship?)
Origin:   A bookish, introverted library science student who discovered a cache of forbidden tomes stashed in the university archives... black magic!  But there was nothing inherently evil... it was the purpose the spells were put to that made it good or evil.  She wasn't putting them to any purpose, just learning for the challenge of it... until she stopped a violent crime in front of her with an arcane blast!  The incident started to break her out of shell and she liked it, designing a costume and starting a second life as a superhero!

Race:         Human

Birthday:       June 13
height:         5’7”
Weight:         140 lbs
Measures:      43-24-35 38G
Skin:         Pale
Hair:            Brown with bangs, falling to mid-back
Eyes:         Hazel
Style:         Modest, tending to heavy sweaters or sweatshirts and long skirts.

For blackmail, I'm picturing she had to make her first deal with a demon to get out of a bad situation, giving up a fragment of her soul to him/her/it.  There might be a crime lord with a demon serving him (or her) or else a demon has possessed a local crime lord to promote sin and vice and indulge in wicked appetites.  The fragment could serve as a ritual focus (and just having it in a demon's possession might be changing her body).  It could also be a summoning focus... so it's better that a demon on Earth has it than one on a lower plane, otherwise she could be summoned there. 

Costume-wise, she'd have a simple jumpsuit with a few magical accessories, bracelets, belt... but since that big slip-up, might be forced to have her suit unzipped in the front well past her navel.     
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Jaded

I've put it in Extreme, I'll ask for it to be moved if the rest of the votes skew towards NC-Exotic.

The thread is here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=218858.0

Please discuss any shared character backgrounds and teams there.  Thanks!

Okay, for setting I will probably go with our world, but 10 years in the future, and with superheroes having existed for as long as anyone can remember.  Probably rare, but with the world population boom, more focus on them (so fewer of them simply hide their powers and live a normal life), and so on, they are somewhat more common of late.  Still rare, but no longer unknown.  History would be more or less the same, but with the occasional inclusion of super powered people (who probably didn't influence history all that much for various reasons.). 

I will try to choose a city and write up at least a little on the last 10 years when I have time. 

Quote from: Latooni Subota on December 03, 2014, 08:46:19 AM

Edit: As for a concept, I think I'm gonna go with a gadgeteer. A little bit of Forge, a little bit of Tony Stark, and in a much cuter package. Wee teleport belts and personal defense shields!

I wouldn't expect a player to do anything they weren't interested in, it just may be in the threads is why I ask for votes.

Sounds good on the character front. :-)

Quote from: TFcommando on December 03, 2014, 08:15:18 PM
Is there a glossary of terms around?  I'm not quite sure I get the difference between Exotic and Extreme yet... mostly-humanoid verses full anthros, tentacles and such?   

If you hover over the names on the main page they show what the sections are for. 

Extreme is: involving elements that may squick out even non-con fans (such as bestiality, bathroom play, and gore)

NC-Human is: that involve non-consensual acts (e.g., rape or forced sex), are played with a rules system and feature characters who are human in form or very near (e.g., elves)

NC-Exotic is: that involve non-consensual acts (e.g., rape or forced sex), are played with a rules system and include hermaphrodites (futa) and/or nonhumans (such as furries, beasts, tentacle monsters, etc.)

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Jaded

Unfortunately we are full at the moment and I don't think I could handle anymore players :-(  If you'd like, I'll let you know if someone drops.