Favorite Fruit, and Why?

Started by LilySnape, September 02, 2011, 08:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

If I were to name just one, I'd say nectarines. It's hard to get good ones where I live, but if you can get one that's just sweet and juicy, it's so delicious!

TheAnimeFanGirl

I don't have one favorite, but I do like bananas, strawberries (usually chocolate-dipped), grapes and mandarin oranges (the kind in the little cups). I just love the way they taste. Most other fruit just doesn't appeal to my taste buds or won't go down right (as in they end up in clumps in my mouth that I can't swallow. I know, I'm weird like that).
Cid the Lilty ♥ Viraveth the Selkie

(PM me if you'd like to rp with me in instant messengers)

Characters I'd like others to rp as

Sensual Animation, my forum dedicated to the sensual side of animation. Feel free to join.

Beguile's Mistress

Strawberries can go with so many things and be used in so many ways.  But peaches can be very versatile, also.

Vergil Tanner

I agree; Strawberries are very versatile...and they taste good too. :D Especially with cream or chocolate or something like that. :D
Yeah, I'm new here. Hiya guys :D
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Beguile's Mistress

Welcome, Vergil Tanner, and good luck with your approval. :-)

Strawberries are fantastic in desserts or alone but I like them in salads and cooked dishes, too.  A chicken salad with spinach, sliced strawberries and thinly sliced shallots served with a warm bacon dressing is one of my favorites.  I'll toss some strawberries, blackberries and blueberries into the pan with braised meat and add a little broth or wine for a sauce.

Vergil Tanner

Oh, I prefer strawberries on their own...although having them alongside some cooked food is very nice. I once bought a pack of strawberries, and they were- no jokes- as big as my fist. I picked one up and thought "Jesus, have I picked up The Strawberry Triffid?" So I ate it before it could eat me. :D

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Beguile's Mistress

Those sound luscious.  I needed a dish for a bridal shower once and found some strawberries the size of golf balls.  After hulling them and using the small end of a melon baller to open the center I stuffed them with a peach flavored cream cheese and dipped them in dark chocolate.  One of those goes a loooooong way.

Vergil Tanner

Lol, I can imagine! Have you ever tried hollowing out some large strawberries, filling them with a red or white wine of your choice before reattaching the bottom (using a layer of fast-dry chocolate sauce)? :O :O :O They are luscious!

Izzie Aditi

Raspberries...blueberries (especially when freshly picked omnomnomnom)..I can't decide!
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

NotoriusBEN

Peaches and strawberries are my favs. It takes a while, but with berries I like to put them in the freezer until they are hard then thaw them out. The cell walls get damaged from the freezing so they sag and drip juice everywhere but it seems like I get a super concentrated burst of flavor when I eat them that way over completely fresh. A nice windfall peach is the best though. :P

Jag

I can only eat peaches if I cut them up and spear them with a toothpick or fork. I don't want the juice on my face or hands. I just don't like the way it feels. It makes me shudder. So I spend a lot of time cutting them into the perfect size so that no juice touches anything but the inside of my mouth.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Vergil Tanner

XD I just eat everything whole. Can't get any juice on your hands then, can you? XD

Medeira

Grapes. Oh, I love grapes. They are by far my favorite fruit, I can just pick a small bundle from the bunch and snack on them. Green, red, black...but the sweeter the better.
Ons & Offs || Search & Ideas ||Apologies & Absences
Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

Oniya

Medeira - I like to toss a bunch in the freezer and use it as a quick dessert/snack.  Like tiny individually wrapped slushies :-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Medeira

Oniya - ...I've never thought of that.  :o What a great idea! Hehe, I'll now have to use that in the future.  ;D
Ons & Offs || Search & Ideas ||Apologies & Absences
Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

Type70item

Red Raspberries, but they're very expensive where I live so its only a once a month or so treat

Andalon

Simple as is, grapes.

Not just because I make my living from them, but also because they're yummy and healthy, especially the red ones. During harvest, I gain about 2kg weight, just from nomming grapes.

Otherwise, strawberries and cherries are also very good. Oh, and did I mention apples?

Caeli

I've never met a fruit that I didn't like.

I LOVE lychees and longans (lit. dragon's eyes)! They're so sweet and delicious and juicy, not too sweet and so satisfying as you rip off their exteriors to get to the fleshy insides.

I'm also partial to starfruit, strawberries, peaches, plums, apricots, Korean pears.

If you asked me to pick only one, though, I couldn't. :P My only answer would be FRUIT.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Fairehawke

Cuties, the small navel oranges, or I guess they are tangerines. They are super sweet, perfect snack size and the whole peel comes off. Yes I love cuties.

ambrosial

Oh, this is a hard question. I'm friends with so many fruits!

To name my favorites: strawberries, kiwi (especially with a dash of salt!), and any sort of berry.

Basically, anything that is not honeydew melon or a citrus (except lemons. I'll eat a raw lemon. <,< But the rest of you can have all of the oranges and their assorted friends to yourselves!)
We'll make the honeysuckle jealous.

Ambrosial's Wine Tasting - Original and Fandom Plots (Updated May 2014)
Ons and Offs and Current RP - Updated Sept. 12, 2014
Avatars- For a visual sampler (Updated June 2, 2013!)
Absences - Semi-Absent Through 01/20/15. Please read!

Heartland

I would have to say plump blueberries because they are full of flavour and go with pretty much anything! I also like bite sized fruits as an alternative to things like chips.  O8)
♥Heartland-xoxox♥

grdell

Pineapple. Because fresh pineapple is just plain awesome.
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Caeli

Pineapples are one of the fruits that I do enjoy eating in savory dishes. I love me some pineapple fried rice.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Story Tale

Mmm, pineapples might be one of my favorite fruits to cook with. A nice, ripe avocado is also delicious in almost anything fresh... salad, sandwiches, by itself. I love any berry I have ever met, and most melons... mmm.. now I want some fruit salad. Are we talking about only fruit fruits here, or can I add in squash, tomatoes, and cucumbers? I could eat squash almost anyway you can cook it. Grilled, sauteed, stewed, fried.

Alright, now I'm hungry... *runs off to make breakfast, wishing I had some acorn squash and sausage*

Caeli

Mm. Avocado. Even if it costs more, I usually get it added into whatever food I'm at (dining halls on campus, when I was forced to live off their food; or at places like Chipotle).

And home-made guac?

* Caeli salivates. ♥

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ