News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Diablo III xbox issue with battle.net

Started by Viper, May 05, 2015, 05:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viper

Quote from: The Dark Raven on May 06, 2015, 01:27:06 PM
It should be a name, followed by a poundsign and a 4 digit number.  It is set up in battle.net and should be attached to your Blizzard account.  If you log in in the forums or to your account on D3/WoW, etc., it should be there.

Example being:  Johndoe#1111

If you have not set up a RealID yet (which they have been pushing for at least 2 years now), that may be the root of your entire problem.  They had mentioned when they started pushing it that it would eventually be the preferred/only way to get into one's accounts.

I think I made one, but I never actually physically made a RealID, and I cant figure out how to get to it. Do you think you could help me figure out how to do that?

Verasaille

You make a battletag, which functions the same as a Real ID, by going to battlenet.com and following the instructions.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Viper

Okay so when my battle tag has the #number on is that means it has real ID on it already?

Verasaille

Yes that should work. If you are still having problems you need to call the support line and try to get an operator on the line. Or send them an email? I know tickets are a pain, but if you have the right account info and the connection on your internet is solid, you should be able to connect.

How are you connecting to the internet?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Viper

There is no phone number for battle.net (which blizzard goes through the same thing) and I cant find a email for tech support. I have tried to do a ticket, but it just sends me to helpful links. My internet is super badass so there is no issue with that. but if I need to I do connect through Ethernet. So I am not sure.

The only think I can think of is that my husband (Tristian Pontis) had bought a digital copy of diablo 3 on HIS xbox live account, not mine, so maybe because I didn't not buy it on my account. But I am not sure if that should matter.

Verasaille

Yes that might be the problem. You have to have your own account. Blizzard frowns on using other peoples accounts. And they do not care if you are married LOL. I do not have an xbox at all, so I am probably not the best person to ask.

I play on WOW, and on a pc. I don't even see a tech support for x box when I look at battlenet.

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Viper on May 07, 2015, 07:11:47 PM
Every time I try to submit a ticket, it sends me to this drop box thing where it tries to narrow down your issues with two questions and then says 'here are some helpful links that might have something pertaining to your issue' (not the exact words obviously) but I cant figure out how to submit one with my particular issue.

You pick the one that says "none of these help with my particular issue, submit a ticket anyway"

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Viper

I created a ticket after a bit of a fishing expedition, and thank you all for all your help, it really appreciate it!