-Closed-

Started by kasper, July 31, 2013, 02:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkRose15

Quote from: MzHyde on August 13, 2013, 12:23:36 PM
How about this?

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=1031194
Nice job finding that :D!

Also Octo and I will be taking care of the King and Queen of Nwydn. The chars will be posted soon! We still need rulers for Iredale and Wintershold.
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

TheBlackThrone

I think I'm going to put Prince Hector to rest. I'm tired of searching for a picture to fit him. There just aren't any out there.

After I resuscitate my muse, I'll see what I can come up with for another character.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

DarkRose15

We're sorry to see you go but feel free to come back later and create another character :) Muses can be fickle, I know exactly what you're going through.

TheHangedOne

My own muse is fairly fickle, too. It's their nature.  Good luck, Throne.

Hey, Dark, Octo, maybe I missed it, but did either of you give the 'yay' or 'nay' on "Stalker"?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Drake Valentine

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 13, 2013, 07:26:06 PM
I think I'm going to put Prince Hector to rest. I'm tired of searching for a picture to fit him. There just aren't any out there.

After I resuscitate my muse, I'll see what I can come up with for another character.

The problem is, there isn't many male artwork as there is female. It is easier finding female images.

I found a few male ones.

Not sure if they are what you were looking for, but is best I can do.

http://safebooru.org//images/838/b3ea97f6e32bcb51b8122446bbb2df204c4aa1f0.jpg?844109

http://safebooru.org//images/838/4bd16f6148e6535da96430aa07c53d8bbe2e6d49.jpg?844110

http://safebooru.org//images/68/3623098c5ec6c751574c9494d40c81d47eb8fedc.jpg?67378

http://safebooru.org//images/567/2645cdfc552297e4742aac73be1d2291d8fe7f97.jpg?569894

Edit: http://safebooru.org//samples/427/sample_4110bf7fdcd9206c965c258c5519852e8479bbdc.jpg?427165 And one more

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

kasper

Quote from: CAO on August 13, 2013, 04:24:49 PM
I'm willing to work on this some more, but this is my idea for now.

Andre
Name: Andre
Played By: CAO
Orientation: Straight

Role: A Prince of House Iredale, an active captain in its Navy, and when occasion warrants it, politician and ambassador.
Hight: 6’3
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Body Type: Muscular

Likes: Andre likes hunting, fishing, and reading in his spare time reading. Andre also likes personal one on one time with people in his family and a significant other, when he has such a person in his life. Andre is passionate about his service in the navy as well.
Dislikes: Andre does not like, large crowds, parties, snakes, the Naga.

Bio:  Andre is among the older princes in house Iredale, he is passionate about his service in the navy, and Captain’s the ship the Iredale Victore. Andre likes the solitary nature of the sea, but more than that he likes the aspect that it gives him for trading and traveling, seeing the world around him. This Prince is ambitious though, and he has not gotten where he was by favoritism, his goal is to be Admiral of the Navy. Lastly, the navy provides Andre a brief respite from the services of politics which is sometimes required of him when he is home.

When Andre is home, he enjoys more solitary activates, such as hunting, fishing and spending time with members of his family. While he is not shy by any stretch, he does not like large crowds and he hates parties. Not for the party itself, but rather all the favors and politicking that goes on in them, within that social setting.

Because he knows of their past, Andre does not like the Naga, he cannot bring himself to trust them. Andre would rather fight them, than to have peace with them, and this can put him at odds with others in his family. However, Andre is loyal to his family and his kingdom, and when called upon, fills for various political roles that are at times required by him. This at times includes mediating disputes between various ministers, acting as an ambassador for the royal house, and brokering trade deals for Iredale.

I really like your skeleton the only problem we saw is that the image seems to appear a lot older than 25. He looks to me to be in his 40s. Changing the age of the character would be fine or, if you do want him younger, then changing the image. As always, we are happy to help find an image if you would like.

As for the rest of you- we're looking at skeletons now~

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

TheBlackThrone

So after I cleared my brain a bit, and had some dinner. I found a picture that was going along with what I envisioned. That is my last attempt because there honestly isn't anything else. I got really lucky finding that one. So I edited the profile to add it, I'm going to edit it again to change his features to meet the image a little.

Thank you everyone for even bothering to help me. Your hard work wasn't in vain. As I said, I always look for a specific look and a picture that comes very close to matching what I wrote. If this guy gets accepted, then all I'll have left is finding a king for one of the houses. I think I decided to go with Queen rather than princess. I don't mind playing the father and mother figure. It's quite enjoyable so feel free to have your character reflect their relations towards their parents. We'll see what kind of attitudes their parents are going to have lol.
The gates are open

kasper

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 13, 2013, 12:19:35 AM
Stalker
Name: Erik "Stalker" Karlstad
Played By: TheHangedMan
Orientation: Straight
Role: Pinelopy's friend/self-appointed guardian

Height: 5'10
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Green
Body Type: Stout

Likes: The forest, the sound of flowing rivers, swimming, animals, Pinelopy
Dislikes: Other humans, those who despoil the forest, those who do not show reverence to the forest and its true inhabitants.

Skills/Strengths: Savage fighting style, trapping, stalking, stealth, orientation,  foraging, animal handling, physical resiliency, improvised clothing.
Weaknesses: Socially awkward, frightened of crowds/open areas, arachnophobia, overprotective, self-sacrificing.

Bio: Legends tell of a man, half human and half beast, that stalks the forests, ancient and new alike. A sentinel of the land, a guardian of the creatures that call it home. The Stalker, as they call him (though some stories call it a 'she' and others insist spirits of the land have no true gender), is a silent sentinel of the woodland creatures and the land itself. It brings death to those who desecrate it, to those who disrespect it; a warning often given to those whom go out lumberjacking, hunting, or harvesting, is "Don't be greedy, and make sure you offer your thanks, otherwise the Stalker will be the one hunting you."

Still, others tell stories of the man clad in a cloak of leaves, who guides those who have become lost to the safety and refuge of civilization. Others, still, have said that they suffered injuries, and were weakened; yet something tended to them, gave them food, and water. There are those who had been led to shelter in inclement weather, and always the stories seem to involve this same entity, whatever it is, making it seemingly both a saver and taker of lives.

In truth, these stories have been greatly exaggerated by the peasantry. There is a truth to it all, though.

The Truth
The truth of the matter is, there once was a young teen who fancied himself an adventurer and explorer, a conqueror of the wilderness and its treasures; and really, what child has never played pretend before?

But one day, whilst playing, and perhaps not truly understanding the very real dangers that did lurk in the forest, the teen stuck his hand into a hole, half expecting to find, perhaps, a golden acorn! Or some other bit of 'treasure'. Instead, what he got, for his troubles, was being bitten by a venomous spider.

Because of his panic, the venom quickly began to race through his body. Blinded by tears of pain and hysteria, he ran about at random, lost within the forest he foolishly thought he knew. But, just as the venom was sapping his strength, making him weaker and sick, slowing him down... She came.

Pinelopy came to him. Undoubtedly she had seen him, over the years; and most certainly, she must have heard the screaming, running, and wild pleading. She took the teen, and with her tears, purged the venom from his body, and saved the youths life.

Once he had calmed, and the reality of the situation sank in, he underwent a change. For sure, it was gradual; a maturation of his thoughts, of his thinking. A shift in his attitude. For the youth, there was no more pretending. Awkward in his own village, considering his family even to be something akin to strangers, he one day decided to 'disappear' into the forest, and never come back.

Instead, he learned; well and truly learned. He learned some from Pinelopy, from other Nwydn; but a lot, too, he learned on his own. And he has come to respect and care for the forest, and its inhabitants, for he has always been a passionate fellow.

All is well except we would have you explain a little more by what you mean by orientation listed in skills. We came up with our own theories but thought it best to ask you! Also, as far as trapping, does he have skill trapping all living beings or woodlands creatures?

kasper

Quote from: Snapespersephone on August 11, 2013, 10:46:09 PM

Name:Lillyandra Nwydn
Played By: Snapespersephone
Orientation:Bisexual (has no preference
Role: Princess
Dislikes: hunters, politics, being confined 
Distinguishing Traits: She is for the most part all green, Her hair is dark green almost like the moss on water, her eyes are the green of granny smith apples, and her skin the palest green of all. Even the blood in her veins for some odd reason is green
About: Lillyandra was raised from a young age to be a proper young lady and princess in the court of her parents. She has been kept from most forms of politics by her father's wish to keep his daughter(s) pure from all plights such as war, or really any fighting of any kind. She spends most of her time learning to control the natural gifts for nature she got form her parents and ancestors, as well as sneaking off for a swim in one of the forest streams.
Skills: she has a natural ability to control nature and use it to her advantage, Camouflaging herself among the Flora and Fauna around her, slight ability to control bees

Alright, now that we have a King and Queen in mind- the Nwydn don't really raise proper ladies, they don't have a typical "court." The children of the Nwydn are not raised in fashion. That is the only bit that I have issue with, the rest is fine by Rose and I.

TheHangedOne

Perhaps "Orienteering" would have been a better choice of words. Basically, he's able to intuitively deduce which direction is true north, and otherwise navigate through wilderness conditions without much difficulty, or the need for maps or other tools. However, I should also say that only really works in the forest for him; put him in any other environment, especially an urban one, and he won't have a clue what to look for.

Trapping is is more about all living beings. Some times he catches small animals, but generally, he actually sets traps up as a way of getting at some humans; to kill poachers, for instance, or even just to put a scare into some lumberjacks that are taking way more wood than he thinks they need. He's also pretty good about spotting traps, too; but again, it's pretty circumstantial.  Outside the forest, I could see him having a hard time setting traps (unless he had the vines and other things he was used to working with), and a mechanical trap would likely go entirely unnoticed until it was too late.
Check out my poet tree!

kasper

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 12, 2013, 12:21:30 AM
Hector Octavius

Prince Hector Octavius Iredale
Played By: TheBlackThrone
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Prince of Iredale

Distinguishing Traits: When the prince is being a prince, he can be seen wearing the finest tunics, clean-shaven—usually when forced—and donning the crest of the Iredale family on his ring finger. He carries himself with his shoulders high and chin up with confidence and his crisp, blue eyes shine with wit. He is never without his long sword, which he keeps at his hip within a decorative hilt of gold, iron and ivory. A decoration—the old thing—he prefers his knives.

In the city, the prince maintains a low profile. He will wear cloaks and the clothes of a common man. He will be without his ring and he will wait until his hair and beard has grown out.

Likes: Beautiful women, sex, drinking, a challenge, outwitting his enemies, getting his way, and staying one step ahead.
Dislikes: People who think they’re more clever than he, being outwitted, not getting his way, and his father’s niece.

About: Prince Hector knows how to get under one’s skin and the amount of information he knows about someone or some place can be rather daunting. Information is what he deals in. Having a silver tongue has not only won him battles without the need of him lifting a finger, but it has also teased the hearts of many women into sleeping with him. When in the city, the prince is who he wants to be and he has woven many tales about his numerous false-occupations: pirate, mercenary, merchant, sailor...he is quite educated and knows his kingdom like the back of his hand. When in a hostile situation, Hector is a professional at keeping calm. He will attempt to use his wit to get out of a situation, and then if provoked, he will use any means necessary to take down his enemy or escape. He has keen perception. His mind immediately will begin plotting a backdoor escape if a situation becomes overwhelming. However, like a beast, if he senses that he can take down his opponent, he will do so swiftly. His sharp eyes are always probing for a weakness in his adversaries and it doesn’t have to be just in combat. Being a prince, his words are often sharp enough to silence other royals or wound their pride.

Unlike most princes, Hector can’t stand the royal etiquette of his home. Nibbling at his food so he doesn’t seem like a slob, sipping at his drinks, and barely taking in enough sustenance that his stomach would finally stop bitching. He has mastered the speech of Poms: frou-frou and fra-fra. He has also mastered the speech of L, L standing for “Lust.” His family often meets with some mighty fine noblewomen, and the prince isn’t afraid to get them alone.

Habits: Bedding women either noble, maids, or prostitutes, venturing out into the city to gather information, drink, eat, and party, practicing his knife skills, reading, and standing around looking pretty for his father’s and mother’s satisfaction.

Skills: Prince Hector is quite skilled with his mouth and sword. He underwent training as a swordsman though he realized that he was more adept with knives. They are easy to conceal and the speed at which he can throw them often catch his enemies off guard. Having mastered the art of deception, the prince is like a gifted assassin, lulling his victims into a state of comfort before taking them out. He can navigate using the stars and sail a ship if need be, though his interest isn’t in sailing. The prince is a natural at gathering information about people and making reliable acquaintances who can grant him many favors. His wit has made him rather infamous among the other houses. He is perhaps too smart for his own good.

Only small issue is that the family name is actually Iredale, perhaps Octavius can be a middle name because Hector Octavius does have a ring to it. Also, with the "lulling victims into a state of comfort" I'm certain you're aware that some will not trust so easily - especially the Wintershold family, they are quite weary of all outsiders. Other than that, it looks good.

Snapespersephone

updated, hope this fits your ideas better
A&A: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=191520.new#new updated 12/24/15
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=168435.0
Ideas: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=177456.msg8429651#msg8429651
Fort: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169154.0
There is something wrong in life when my most dominate side is my muse, and she doesn't listen to me. She skips around doing her own thing and ignoring me.

kasper

Quote from: Wicked Vixen on August 12, 2013, 03:05:33 AM
I am interested in this rp please let me know if this is ok or not.

Pinelopy

Name: Pinelopy Sage Nwydn

Played By: Wicked Vixen

Appearance/Body Type: Picture above

Height: 5'8"

Orientation: Bisexual (has no preference)

Role: Princess of the Nwydn

Likes: The forest, animals, nature, fresh air, humans, the sun, water

Dislikes: Closed spaces, fire and cruelty   

Distinguishing Traits: Her eyes and blood are green like Chlorophyll. She always smells like a field of flowers. Her tears act as an antidote to snake and spider venom.

About: Pinelopy at a young age was taught to respect and protect the forests and nature. Though she always respected the boundaries of the human realm she couldn't help but watch the humans from afar. Always she was curious about how they lived and what their cities looked like. Still her love of the forest and her fear of their use of fire caused her keep her distance. While she was taught court manners and to behave as a lady Pinelopy has always had a rebellious streak and is warned over and over to not get so close to the roads and trade routes of the non forest dwellers but despite their warnings she is too intrigued to care. She takes care of and befriends the animals of the forests and honing her ability to control nature. She is no dainty push over her dedication to preserving and protecting nature has her training her body. When she was a teenager she watched over a curious human boy who loved to explore the forest. Day after day she would secretly watch him, he was the first human she had ever seen before. One day she was practicing her archery when she heard the cries of the young boy. As he ran blindly through the forest she found him near death. A few of the animals told her that he had been bitten by a poisonous spider. With her tears she cured him and from then on their friendship began. It took a long time for her family to accept the human boy into their realm but after seeing his respect for nature and Pinelopy's insistence that he was a good person they eventually grew accustomed to his presence. She wants to create or discover the most beautiful flower in existence.

Skills: Natural ability to control nature, can communicate with animals, an excellent climber (dexterity, reflexes) , can blend into the forest, can heal nature (enhance or make stronger), skilled a bow and knife, learned to be stealthy (for her hobby to spy on humans), Immune to poisons, Extensive knowledge of herblore.

Nothing needs be changed here, you will added to the thread soon!

kasper

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on August 12, 2013, 06:05:31 PM
How does this look? I may add to it, but right now I'm just a bit stumped on what else to include ;-; Let me know what you think! Any feedback would be appreciated.

- Rainbow ♥

Narissa
Name: Narissa Clytie Nwydn.
Played By: xSnorkleRainbow
Orientation: Bisexual with a preference for men.
Role: Princess of the Nwyden family.

Height: 5'3".
Hair: Light blond, almost white.
Eyes: A unusual, strange mix of crimson and violet.
Body Type: Narissa has what would be refereed to as an hourglass figure, with a cinched in, small waist causing her hips and chest to appear larger. Although she is short and her body type would sometimes look strange on others, she is proportionate to her size. Her height only makes her appear more petite and dainty.

Likes: Nature, Water, Animals, Dance, Singing, Intimacy, Drinking, People who know what they want, Shiny things, Humans.
Dislikes: Indecisive people, Fire, Timid Characters, Clothing, Pointless Fighting, Feeling like a Captive.

Skills/Strengths: Narissa has been trained since birth with the ways of the Mother. She is a great animal and nature whisperer and can connect with almost anything, including humans. Known as a form of Dryad, Narissa can take the nutrients from plant life when she needs to and is usually replenished by simply standing in water. While she does not enjoy fighting, Narissa can hold her own with her speed and flexibility and has also been trained with daggers.

Weaknesses: Narissa is not versed in human ways, including their laws, their houses and status's and their script. She is always curious and eager to learn, which can sometimes cause her to irritate others. She can also be very stuck in her ways and it takes her longer than most to pick things up. Narissa also has a hot temper and isn't afraid to let her emotions get the better of her. She is quite brash and speaks her mind without much thought to others or the consequences she may face.

Short Bio: Narissa was born into the glorious world apart of the royal Nwydn family. One may think that because of this, her upbringing might have been strict and tailored for her to rule, but it wasn't. Her mother and father taught her the teachings of the Earth Mother from an early age and that is all she can remember throughout her life; she loves her ways and struggles to understand others because of this. It could also have something to do with her slight stubbornness. As a Princess, things were expected of her, but rather then seeming like a chore, she revealed in her duties and enjoyed her life. Considering her status, Narissa had a lot of freedom as a child and that relates to her later life as well. She finds it hard to understand war and considers it childish and unnecessary. Her life is devoted to nature and she considers it her only life partner, which can often cause men and women to be put off by her; she doesn't understand love and has never been in it with another person.

I'll put it up shortly.

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: octopusdreams on August 13, 2013, 09:10:30 PM
Only small issue is that the family name is actually Iredale, perhaps Octavius can be a middle name because Hector Octavius does have a ring to it. Also, with the "lulling victims into a state of comfort" I'm certain you're aware that some will not trust so easily - especially the Wintershold family, they are quite weary of all outsiders. Other than that, it looks good.

Octavius is his middle name lol.  :P I can imagine if he ever got in trouble, his mother or someone who wants to get a glare would dare address him as, "Hector Octavius!" Yes, I am aware about the deception thing. People should play their characters true to their personalities around him. If ever they think he deserves a slap, then don't be afraid to make the attempt. Players can even have their characters just swing at him, I will oblige and I'm not afraid of my character getting injured or even dying. It just adds more drama to the story and the relations between characters with the Iredale house and others.

The King and Queen I plan to place in random houses so I'm not hogging both parents in one house. I didn't know if I could do that any way and thinking about it seems kind of mean, but if that is okay with everyone, I can do that just let me know (just to help fill some empty slots).  :-)

Quick Edit: Oh and if any of the Iredale royal family members want to build some relations, let me know. We can talk about how our characters would fair toward each other.
The gates are open

CAO

Quote from: octopusdreams on August 13, 2013, 08:45:57 PM
I really like your skeleton the only problem we saw is that the image seems to appear a lot older than 25. He looks to me to be in his 40s. Changing the age of the character would be fine or, if you do want him younger, then changing the image. As always, we are happy to help find an image if you would like.

As for the rest of you- we're looking at skeletons now~

I don't mind making him older, say 35? But that would make him the Eldest Prince probably. How do you guys feel about that?

DarkRose15

kasper

Quote from: CAO on August 13, 2013, 09:47:35 PM
I don't mind making him older, say 35? But that would make him the Eldest Prince probably. How do you guys feel about that?

Fine by me!

kasper

Alright. Everybody make sure that you answer what I have addressed as to your characters, even though I have placed all characters up in the thread (as a placeholder) and I will go back and change it.

We need more: Sheikah (any), King/Queen of Iredale, King/Queen of Naga-slayers.

Also, if there are any mistakes I have made in the thread then just give me a heads-up and I will fix it soon as I can.

P.S. Editing the forum is a bastard and a half so it takes me a bit to make sense of the mess!

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: octopusdreams on August 13, 2013, 10:07:15 PM
Alright. Everybody make sure that you answer what I have addressed as to your characters, even though I have placed all characters up in the thread (as a placeholder) and I will go back and change it.

We need more: Sheikah (any), King/Queen of Iredale, King/Queen of Naga-slayers.

Also, if there are any mistakes I have made in the thread then just give me a heads-up and I will fix it soon as I can.

P.S. Editing the forum is a bastard and a half so it takes me a bit to make sense of the mess!

I could make characters for both the King and Queen of Iredale if you want or one King Iredale, One Queen Naga-slayer or vice versa. Just let me know what you'd prefer.

CAO: Expect Hector to be bumming off Andre's boat (meaning stopping by every now and then to chat and laze around deck).  :-)
The gates are open

CAO

That's fine, but if he lazes to much Andre will likely try and put him to work. :P

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: CAO on August 13, 2013, 10:20:24 PM
That's fine, but if he lazes to much Andre will likely try and put him to work. :P

Expect him to then take his leave lol.  ;D

They can always go hunting together though I don't think Hector will care much for it. Be interesting if that's how they run into some Nwydn.
The gates are open

TheHangedOne

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on August 13, 2013, 10:24:32 PM
They can always go hunting together though I don't think Hector will care much for it. Be interesting if that's how they run into some Nwydn.
Or the legendary Stalker.  8-)
Check out my poet tree!

CAO

LOL I expected as much, but yes they can always go hunting together. Or find a few parties to crash in Iredale, you know the ones where your expected to make nice and play politics. How about actually making them fun, instead of a suck up fest eh? Just an idea.

BTW is the thread actually up yet, or are we waiting for a few more people to join?

TheBlackThrone

Quote from: TheHangedMan on August 13, 2013, 10:36:09 PM
Or the legendary Stalker.  8-)

lol Hector's reaction to that thing will be hilarious. I'll keep it a secret.  ::)
The gates are open