Quick Future Games Poll - Werewolf Variants

Started by Galactic Druid, May 18, 2015, 10:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

I'm starting to get all my stuff written up for summer werewolves; events, roles and write ups. One thing I'd like to know from prospective players is which version of the game sounds most fun to everyone;

We have deception, which features roles that switch, as well as roles that appear to be the other team's to the seer and upon death.

There's the lone wolf, which adds a little uncertainty to the werewolf team, the lone wolf wins only by being the last wolf standing.

We also have the Gemini, a pair working together to be the last ones standing. One is a werewolf, the other a villager. Together, they have to control the votes and kills to keep themselves alive. If one dies, so does the other.

Lastly, there's classic werewolf, in which there's no special twists, just a team of wolves against the world. We could also do an "expert mode" version, which features no traditional seer, but other information gathering roles, and more ways to keep villagers alive.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

I'm actually fine with any variation of the above listed. I'd click that option if it were listed. ^^
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Blythe

Ack, I voted but forgot to post here. I voted for Lone Wolf because I'm most intrigued by it at the moment, but roughly the order I like the options is:

1) Lone Wolf
2) Deception
3) Gemini (I like it, but to me, it's a bit difficult)
4) Classic (expert mode)
5) Classic (normal)

I'd be happy to play any of them, but this is my rough order of preference! ^^

Galactic Druid

I wanna know who did the "just clicking so I don't have to keep rechecking" button.

Assassini

I'm one of the ones who voted for "just clicking so I don't have to keep rechecking".

My experience with Mafia and/or Werewolves is extremely limited and while I understand the idea of it, (although I will need help learning the specific roles if we are doing a version with more than just "innocent" and "werewolf") I don't know enough about it to be able to make a judgement call on which variation I want to play.

I DO like the sounds of all the variations though, they sound like neat twists to the game and so would be happy to play any one, but I also don't know enough about the base game to have a preference.

Galactic Druid

Lone wolf is winning, which will easily fit the summer beach party aesthetic perfectly. I may throw in the braggart/teen wolf as well.

EmyKat

I picked the last one because I don't have much experience with this kind of game so I just want to try everything a bit :3 Whatever everyone else wants I can try ^^
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629