Started by Nico, April 29, 2015, 09:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaverickKane

Jobs for women in the roaring 20's

Teachers
Social Workers
Nurses
Librarians
Receptionists - The Plaza Hotel (Answer Phones and check in guests and handle minor paper work) and the Hudson's Eight could both use one (Answer phones and handle some minor paper work)
Textile mill
Typists
File Clerks
Stenopgraphers
Dancers
Actors
Artists
Journalists
Singers
Women Activists
Authurs
Maids
Nanny
Home maker/House wives

MaverickKane

Nico

Quote from: Faustus on May 27, 2015, 10:35:09 PM
A medium character is desired, hm? I might be able to work out something for that!
Sounds good! Just... no real ghosts or something.

MaverickKane

RubySlippers

Quote from: MaverickKane on May 28, 2015, 06:51:47 AM
Jobs for women in the roaring 20's

Teachers
Social Workers
Nurses
Librarians
Receptionists - The Plaza Hotel (Answer Phones and check in guests and handle minor paper work) and the Hudson's Eight could both use one (Answer phones and handle some minor paper work)
Textile mill
Typists
File Clerks
Stenopgraphers
Dancers
Actors
Artists
Journalists
Singers
Women Activists
Authurs
Maids
Nanny
Home maker/House wives

The also had medical providers, professors and scientists as other examples but not a common set of professions but not unheard of nurses were women of course but also medical doctors (practices more limited to the poor, minorities, women and children usually at a charity or public hospital which would be most likely and private practices in say women and children's care).

My Author will be done today she's not Middle Class but not starving likely upper lower class until she writes her first great novel.  ;)

Nico

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 28, 2015, 02:35:39 PM
The also had medical providers, professors and scientists as other examples but not a common set of professions but not unheard of nurses were women of course but also medical doctors (practices more limited to the poor, minorities, women and children usually at a charity or public hospital which would be most likely and private practices in say women and children's care).

My Author will be done today she's not Middle Class but not starving likely upper lower class until she writes her first great novel.  ;)
As long as she's not wealthy and upper class, it's fine. We're not approving wealthy characters at the moment.

RubySlippers

What fun is a rich Author?   ;)

Anyway the poor can get away with more in many cases as can the rich, most poor don't care what you do if your a decent person with common sense to not be open about things and the rich can buy discretion.

Madame Professor

Finishing up the history today and will get Marcus submitted for approval.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Nico

Madame Professor

The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

MaverickKane

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 28, 2015, 02:35:39 PM

Indeed there are other professions women could have had back then. I was trying to show a general list of things that came off the top of my head to help potential players. But it is by no means limited to that.

GnothiSeauton

Does anyone have a female character role they need filled for their character?  A relation, an employee, an accomplice, etc?
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

RubySlippers

Wish I knew sooner my character has an NPC girlfriend/lover as in discrete about it living together in a one-bedroom apartment to save money but she would make a good PC or I can change that before the character is approved. The NPC works in the city secretary pool a decent civil service job.

Nico

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on May 28, 2015, 03:56:17 PM
Does anyone have a female character role they need filled for their character?  A relation, an employee, an accomplice, etc?
Well, there would be my character Rosario's wife. She's NPC right now (the picture I use is just that. If someone wants to write her, pic can be changed of course). There just wouldn't be any sex written out because I don't do m/f.

MomoPeach

Are you all still looking for female characters? I kind of want to play a female reporter.

Nico

Quote from: MomoPeach on June 03, 2015, 02:21:39 AM
Are you all still looking for female characters? I kind of want to play a female reporter.
Hello! Yes we're still accepting characters. :-)

Loves

Hi there!

I would love to make two fresh face young ladies (secretaries possibly in a typing pool) that live together to share costs, possibly in a building that isn't in the best area of town...  :D

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Heartsink

Hey :-) There's currently two apartment threads in Brooklyn: S. 8th Street and Pitkin Avenue with similar prices.

Nico

Quote from: Loves on June 05, 2015, 07:29:25 AM
Hi there!

I would love to make two fresh face young ladies (secretaries possibly in a typing pool) that live together to share costs, possibly in a building that isn't in the best area of town...  :D
Hello! Sounds good! ;D

And..what Heartsink said!

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Nico

Quote from: Loves on June 05, 2015, 08:55:30 AM
Awesome!  I'll work on the cs then :)
~thumbs up~ No stress. If you need anything, ask away!

Loves

Faceclaim for Faye Henderson is Jennifer Lawrence

Faceclaim for Audrey Rose Thomas is Scarlett Johansson
ON HIATUS AGAIN

MaverickKane

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN