The Fallen Knight - Explore Gotham post-Batman! (Still Seeking!) (LGBTQA+)

Started by Doomsday, January 22, 2016, 11:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesSureWould

Quote from: wander on January 23, 2016, 12:50:21 PM
Please do PM me the link and I'll see if I can pull him off. ^__^

I'm worried about filling the character sheet in though, because I tend to make quite crappy sheets, but on the plus side my characters usually far outshine their bios when I get going ^^'
Well we do look at past post history when we review applications. So hopefully that will show off!

Alias

Quote from: wander on January 23, 2016, 12:50:21 PM
Please do PM me the link and I'll see if I can pull him off. ^__^

I'm worried about filling the character sheet in though, because I tend to make quite crappy sheets, but on the plus side my characters usually far outshine their bios when I get going ^^'

*makes note*

Surely, you can overcome this obstacle. It's not like character applications are heavily scrutinized by three different people....  ::)

*makes another note with a remarkably more suspicious look in her eye*

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

wander

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 23, 2016, 12:53:55 PM
Well we do look at past post history when we review applications. So hopefully that will show off!

Oh dear gods! @__@

*tries to hide all my past IC posts self-consciously...*

I don't think I'm that good a writer... ^^;;

Florence

I'm not sure if I can get a sheet up soon because of the storm bearing down on the East Coast (where I am), but I'm mulling over some character ideas.

I'm thinking either an original character, or maybe Rose Wilson, if she's not too far outside the Batfamily. I mean, she was in the Teen Titans with Dick Grayson, and her father's been an adversary for both Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne at this point.

Edit: Actually, is anyone planning on playing Kate Kane? o3o
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Florence on January 23, 2016, 01:23:20 PM
I'm not sure if I can get a sheet up soon because of the storm bearing down on the East Coast (where I am), but I'm mulling over some character ideas.

I'm thinking either an original character, or maybe Rose Wilson, if she's not too far outside the Batfamily. I mean, she was in the Teen Titans with Dick Grayson, and her father's been an adversary for both Dick Grayson and Bruce Wayne at this point.

{raises hand}

Alias

Firstly! Hi! and welcome. It's a pleasure to see new faces like this.
I just did some research on Rose, and she does appear to have some fairly substantial powers. Which is a little frowned upon in this RP, but it wouldn't hurt to fill out a character sheet for (the GMS) to read. We work well with others, and we're not in the habit of saying no without communicating and investigating a little bit. So, yeah. We'd love to see the interpretation that you have for this game. Don't forget, PM the sheet, we're trying to keep CS's invisible to possible players unless they are approved for the game.

wander

Ravager is awesome, though if you know Kate, hows about the female Question?

Florence

Quote from: WardenIce on January 23, 2016, 01:27:18 PM
{raises hand}

Heh, alright, I'll go a different route then.

Quote from: Alias on January 23, 2016, 01:30:49 PM
Firstly! Hi! and welcome. It's a pleasure to see new faces like this.
I just did some research on Rose, and she does appear to have some fairly substantial powers. Which is a little frowned upon in this RP, but it wouldn't hurt to fill out a character sheet for (the GMS) to read. We work well with others, and we're not in the habit of saying no without communicating and investigating a little bit. So, yeah. We'd love to see the interpretation that you have for this game. Don't forget, PM the sheet, we're trying to keep CS's invisible to possible players unless they are approved for the game.

Well, I could certainly drop her precognitive abilities. I totally forgot she even had those. Other than that, she's basically got the same powers as her father. So... she's pretty much Deathstroke with breasts. Actually, I don't think she has his healing factor, which is probably his most OP power. Other than that, its just the usual super-soldier stuff. Enhanced strength, reflexes, etc.

From the list of suggested characters, I also wouldn't be opposed to playing Canary (actually one of my favorite DC characters, I'm a huge Birds of Prey fan xD) but I saw someone else express potential interest in the role, and as much as I love her, I'm not entirely confident in my ability to play her.

Quote from: wander on January 23, 2016, 01:37:37 PM
Ravager is awesome, though if you know Kate, hows about the female Question?

As for Montoya... while I'm familiar with her from Batman: The Animated Series, and her comic book relationship with Kate, I honestly am not too familiar with her role as Question.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

wander

There's also Lady Blackhawke, from the Birds of Prey, if you know that group. Though Renee as the Question doesn't have any powers or anything like that, it's just a mantle she inherited.

Alias

To All. just because some one has submitted a sheet does not mean that they are playing that character. Ya'll are being very kind to eachother, and that's very good to see. But, if you feel like you want to write something particular, go for it. Don't admit defeat just because some one else read this thread first.

Darwishi

JamesSureWould

Quote from: Darwishi on January 23, 2016, 02:57:51 PM
What's a really bad part of town in Gotham?
There are alot of bad places, but the two big ones?
1. 'The narrows' - on the same small island as Akrham Asylum, this is a slum
2. The Bowery - This is where crime alley, where Bruce's parents were killed, is. It hasn't gotten better.

Doomsday

I'd say out of the three that you mentioned, fill out an app for whichever one you like the most. We'll evaluate who gets who in the end, we can help workshop anyone's characters to make them more compatible for this game, etc.

Darwishi

Quote from: JamesSureWould on January 23, 2016, 02:59:46 PM
There are alot of bad places, but the two big ones?
1. 'The narrows' - on the same small island as Akrham Asylum, this is a slum
2. The Bowery - This is where crime alley, where Bruce's parents were killed, is. It hasn't gotten better.

Oooh. Cool. I'm actually switching on over to Mercy instead of Urban.  She just fits the setting way more (I based her off of Batman and Black Canary... so she should XDD).

Doomsday

Quote from: Darwishi on January 23, 2016, 03:25:53 PM
Oooh. Cool. I'm actually switching on over to Mercy instead of Urban.  She just fits the setting way more (I based her off of Batman and Black Canary... so she should XDD).

Just read through her a little bit, I definitely got the Black Canary vibe! Send us a sheet if you like.

Ace Flyer

There, Selina Kyle submitted!

I tried to keep mentions of other characters (aside from Batman because, well, that's impossible...) out, in case people wanted to reinvent some characters...but a few were just a touch too ingrained to do so with.

Amarlo

Tentatively bookmarking. If I join I will likely be creating an OC

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Florence

Quote from: Alias on January 23, 2016, 02:08:42 PM
To All. just because some one has submitted a sheet does not mean that they are playing that character. Ya'll are being very kind to eachother, and that's very good to see. But, if you feel like you want to write something particular, go for it. Don't admit defeat just because some one else read this thread first.

I understand, I'd just rather not compete with someone for a role if it can be avoided. If I REAAAALLY want the role, then we'll see what happens I guess, but I mean... if everyone can have fun, why not?

I'm thinking I'll try my own interpretation of Rose Wilson. If some tweaks are needed to her powers to make her fit in better, I'm all ears.

wander

Quote from: Amarlo on January 23, 2016, 04:07:44 PM
Tentatively bookmarking. If I join I will likely be creating an OC

*inhales deeply...*

AMARLO!!!  XD

(come help me with Roy Harper if you're free this weekend ^^)

Amarlo

Quote from: wander on January 23, 2016, 04:50:28 PM
*inhales deeply...*

AMARLO!!!  XD

(come help me with Roy Harper if you're free this weekend ^^)

-Gaspeth!-

WANDER!! ^___^

Long time no speaky! -tackles-

Sure thing, not sure how much help I'll be but I'll try! :3

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Doomsday

Just a note to anyone interested in applying. Try to consolidate your character history down to important events that defined your character's life. For example if I were going to write Tim Drake's bio, here are the bullet points:

• Born in Gotham
  • Child prodigy
  • Deduces identity of Batman and Robin
  • After second Robin's death, approaches Batman and Nightwing, to ask to help them fight crime
  • Becomes the third Robin, known as the smart, techy Robin that might be a better detective than Baman himself (minor examples)
  • Serves as Robin for several years. When Damian Wayne joins the Batfamily, rebrands himself as Red Robin and joins the Teen Titans.

Again, just a rough example, but every thing described is core to the character, and defined them in some way. I wouldn't mention any major events or story arcs that don't do these things. For example, I wouldn't mention No Man's Land, even though Tim was there and did a lot in it, because it doesn't help to explain who Tim is, and who knows, maybe the GM's want No Man's Land not to take place in the past, but in the future? ::)

And if it helps anyone plan their characters, this is the map we're planning on using for the game: http://i.imgur.com/jK3Q3kF.jpg

We have detailed descriptions of each island/neighborhood/etc. and those details will be released when the IC threads start to pop up, but if you had any questions in the meantime, please ask  8-)

wander

Would it be a good call to say Arsenal is the same age as Jason Todd or younger/older btw?

I may fill in some blanks with his pre-New 52 stuff, though I was planning to fill my sheet in with my own words, rather than copy-paste from the wiki anyways. His New 52 page isn't actually filled with stuff anyway and I think it'd be more personal to write him up in my own words, give you more an idea of where I am with him. ^^

Doomsday

Hmm, I might put him even at Grayson's age, so a year or two older than Jason? Reason being that Dick knew him first in the New 52, so maybe it makes sense that those two are of a similar age.

Darwishi

I'm working on a character sheet.  I have work (sort of, short hours) through Tuesday, but I'll try to get the sheet done soon.  I don't remember which version of Mercy I have loaded on the site.  I'll try to keep her history relatively short. ;)