[The Legend of Korra] New Republic City [Recruiting!]

Started by Karma, December 22, 2014, 11:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuchulainn

I assumed it was just personal preference.

So many earthbenders, with so many tie's to pro-bending. I blame Bolin.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

It's not unrealistic, really... NRC is connected to the Earth nation. Even with increasingly easy travel, the majority will still hail from there. They have the largest population too, by far.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: la dame en noir on December 28, 2014, 11:02:48 PM
Finding a dark skinned woman that fits the Avatar world...in Anime form? hard to find.

D
a
r
k
skinned girls make my world go round.

*Rides off into the sunset.*

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Crash

Quote from: Drake Valentine on December 29, 2014, 07:45:09 AM
D
a
r
k

I am going to steal these.  Like la dame I fink it hard to find dark skinned anime characters.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

la dame en noir

Quote from: Drake Valentine on December 29, 2014, 07:45:09 AM
D
a
r
k

The first and last are nice...thank you.
A&A | FxF |

ThisOneGal

Originally a translation of the 'RIDES THE LIGHTNING' aspect from Numenera, because it sounds awesome and I haven't had a chance to play around with it.

Does this character seem like something I should develop further?

Name:
Player: ThisOneGal
Concept: Techie Lightning Bending Traceuse
Trouble: On the Run
Sex: Female
Orientation: Mostly Bisexual
Ons: Tech, bending sex
Offs: Gore, Scat, Watersports, Snuff

National Affiliation and Ancestry: Republic City, mixed Fire Nation/Earth Kingdom ancestry.

Appearance:
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey
Height: 5'0" / 160cm
Weight: Lithe? I don't know what height/weight combos translate into what build

Description:

Personality:
Dislikes spirits. Would accuse them of being solipsistic narcissists and if she knew what that meant.
Surprisingly upbeat.
Active; likes to move, 'do stuff'. Engages in rooftop races with other benders. Enjoys showing up the airbenders.

Background:
Basically raised by automata.
Employed as a courier. Packages are typically small, valuable, need to get someplace quickly/discreetly, and the contents is definitely not illegal in any way.
Honestly though, it's mostly weird rich people food and semi-secret corporate stuff.
Except that one time, apparently.
The cops and some scary guys in expensive suits are really mad about that.

Strengths: Lightning bending prodigy/savant
Weaknesses: Poor decision making, fascination with the wrong people (Amon, Zaheer, Kuvira), dubiously legal profession, street rat, poorly educated

Skills:

• Firebending: She's a subpar firebender. More of a firebending savant than a Master.
  • Lightning bending: Her specialty. Can generate large amounts of it or exhibit precise control. Can't do both though. Yet.
  • Ride the Lightning: A unique trick. Useful for going to strange places and/or moving quickly (very quickly). Allows for a limited (for now) form of flight.
  • Freerunning: Rooftop races are fun. Especially when you can surf arcs of electricity between buildings.
  • Martial Arts: What'cha gonna do without your bending? More of a runner and a lover than a fighter, but still better at it than most 'civilized' people.
  • Tech Affinity: 'Hey there, mister robot. Hold still a moment while I take a look at that brain...'

Weapons:

Character Relationships:
Glyph An AI (or possibly a machine spirit) that's taken a liking to her. Protective of her and more level headed, but can still be talked into doing something stupid but fun. Was against taking that package, but wouldn't explain why.
Cop Beat cop familiar with her. Friendly.
The Well Dressed Man Probably in charge of the other scary guys in expensive suits.

I like the concept! Keep in mind that automata have only been around for five years; not really long enough to have raised anyone, and they are not (yet, but they will be) significantly intelligent.

ThisOneGal

Gotcha. I'll post again in the OOC thread when I've refined her.

vatovie

Bumping this to get more people and to get those other interested people to actually make characters and post.

Rukio

0-0 Is this still open? I am totally down to be a part of this!

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Wajin

It is indeed! We are in a bit of a standstill due to RL issues I believe, but it can't hurt to drop a sheet
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

I'm currently out of town and unable to post, but I welcome anyone to prepare sheets and for existing players to start their own side scenes.

vatovie

Yep.  We have Co GMs to run anything but the main story line. :)

Rukio

How does this guy sound for an earth bender?

Name: Shi Fugai
Player: Rukio
Concept: Lava Bending (Moves like a water bender to confuse his enemies)
Trouble: Hasn't been caught yet.
Sex: Male
Orientation: Straight, but willing to joke and explore.
Ons: Women with a temper, violence, rough sex, red hair, and lace.
Offs: Gore, Scat, Watersports, Snuff, and vore

National Affiliation and Ancestry: Ba Sing Se, 100% Earth Kingdom heritage.

Appearance:
Hair: Black
Eyes: Yellow
Height: 6'7
Weight: 210 lbs. Very thin, but toned and muscular.

Description:

Personality:
Shi is a strange individual. He'll be the best friend a person could have one minute, then turn around and lava bend the nearest cafe. He has a moral compass. It just doesn't always point in good directions. One thing is for certain though. Shi cannot stand to let injustice go unpunished.

Background:
Raised in the wilds of The Earth Commonwealth by his father and grandfather. Their wives lived in Ba Sing Se. He is the direct descendant of King Bumi who helped Avatar Aang many years ago. Though his line of the family had fallen into obscurity before Avatar Korra was even born. Shi has never has aspirations for the throne and is content to live as a wanderer. His father took him to a cavern with strange crystals in it as a small boy and had him bend a piece into any shape he liked, but it had to be small enough to fit in his hand. Shi bent the crystal into the shape of..... A smaller crystal, telling his father that he didn't want to mess with nature that badly. His father grinned and pulled his own crystal out of his pocket. They were identical. Shi uses this crystal to channel his energy and communicate with his grandfather in the spirit world now. He spends most of his time wandering and getting into trouble that he always seems to weasel his way out of.

Strengths: Lava bending, unusual fighting style, silver tongued
Weaknesses: Bad judgement on things he shouldn't get caught doing, cocky, refuses to earn money and either works for or steals all his meals.

Skills:

• Earth Bending: Shi is a very accomplished earth bender, having been trained to be a master from a very young age.
  • Lava Bending: Shi descovered he had the talent for it when he was 14 and singed his grandpa's eye brows off by accident. Since then, he's been training and honing his skills to the point of being able to ride the lava like standard earth bender earth stride. Shi knows he's a protige and that is what gets him into trouble. He's been able to metal bend under extreme circumstances and is determined to learn that skill too.
  • Lava Stride: Shi can ride on jets of lava like he is surfing. It is a technique that he, and only he, possesses (That he knows of) and is very proud of it.
  • Tremor Sense: Shi can slam his foot into the ground to sense the vibrations in the earth and "see" his surroundings.
  • Land Shark: Shi can slide into the earth and bend himself through it as though it was water. He can't do it for very long at greater depths, but just under the surface, he can "swim" for a couple miles. He's working on getting better.
  • Martial Arts: Shi has mastered both earth bending styles and water bending styles. He uses the water bending techniques to control his lava bending.
Weapons:
Small, 10 inch crystal that he bends into a shiv when he absolutely has to.

Character Relationships:
Just showed un in NRC. He doesn't know anyone yet, but he's gonna leave a mark, whether it's a good or bad one has yet to be decided.

Looks good to me. :) Sorry about the delay on that reply, I'm on my way back from a trip. Once I'm back I'll be able to breathe some life into the game again.

Wajin

Quote from: Karma on January 12, 2015, 02:53:17 PM
Looks good to me. :) Sorry about the delay on that reply, I'm on my way back from a trip. Once I'm back I'll be a le to breathe some life into the game again.

Yay! I am waiting for the last of Varricks replies to his sister so she and Mr. Fancy pants airbender Jedi can leave the scene to go do whatever it is I want them to do <.<
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Wajin

Quote from: Karma on January 12, 2015, 11:51:48 PM
Feel free to go ahead and do that.

kk :D if you feel up to it, you can post Varrick's reaction later

Rukio

Anywhere you like, honestly; the game needs new scenes.

la dame en noir

Looks like I need to back out of this...I wasn't able to come up with a viable enough character.
A&A | FxF |