The Wilted Lilly: a Fairytale

Started by Miss Lilly, January 18, 2012, 08:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Lilly

Once upon a time, in a land far, far, away, there grew a flower.  She wasn't a particularly special flower.  She wasn't rare. Or beautiful. Just an ordinarly, everyday flower. 

She grew in a neglected garden, the only one of her kind amongst all the other plants and shrubs.  And although she was watered from time to time, it wasn't enough for her to bloom fully.  Her colour was dull, her stem crooked, and her petals wilted.

One day, a man visited the garden.  He saw the lonely, forgotten flower, and decided that he wanted to possess her.  But he knew little about looking after flowers, and before long had trampled her in his haste to visit other, greener, gardens.

The poor flower was even more forlorn than before.  Her stem was now almost completely broken, and most of her petals crushed.  She wondered who could ever love such a pitiful flower as she.  She wasn't beautiful like the Roses, or exotic like the Orchids.  She was just a plain, boring old Lilly.

Just when she was almost ready to give up, another man walked past the garden. This man had the sweetest of hearts, and he couldn't bear to see the poor Lilly looking so sad and forgotten.  He stopped, smiled down at her, and promised to help her become the flower she was meant to be.  He dug her up from the unkempt garden and took her home.  He gave her a pretty pot to rest her roots in,  lots of sunshine to warm her petals and cool water to strengthen her stem. 

Before long, with his love and tender care, the once forgotten Lilly was finally strong enough to bloom.  For the first time ever, her petals opened fully, and her true beauty was revealed.  Her colours were vivid and vibrant and her perfume intoxicting, and she trembled with joy as she finally felt the warmth of the sun caress her hidden core. 

The Lilly couldn't believe how blessed she was, to be loved by someone as amazing as the man, and she promised herself that she would always bring forth the most splendid, sweet smelling flowers for him, so his life would always be full of beauty, the way he had filled hers with sunshine.

And she did. 

And they lived happily ever after.
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!

Dragondancer

Awww! I'm a sucker for romance, particularly the happy ending variety! ^.^

And I have a feeling the resplendently radiant flower "rescued him right back"  ;D

*hugs the beautiful Lilly*

Miss Lilly

Aww....thankyou, Dancer!!

*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs*

I'd never written a fairytale before, but this one wouldn't quit until I'd written it.  And fairytales have to have a happy ending!!
Want to get wild in the west?
Visit Lola's!