When Destiny Goes Sideways, Sidekicks Step Up (Recruiting, D&D 5e)

Started by Guancyto, September 12, 2016, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLaughingOne

eehh... You had gotten yours out first, (hehe, i had PMed to make sure it was ok to take'em) so figure that means you get the dibs... unless it is ok with Guancyto that there are 2 sets in party, if not, then i'll figure out something else.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

tyr4n02r

Well, im supposed to be less punchy anyway, ill pass it up if the two of us cant have it or if you find one that better fits your theme.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

TheLaughingOne

WWeellll... She is punchy... And Kicky. And Slappy. And headbutty, and hacky, slashy, smashy, choppy, stompy, and bitey.. Oh lord yes bitey.

Not so much crushy, unless its something pretty small.
My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Premier

The Ogre Power gauntlets are weird in that they're better for a Rogue or Caster, as a Strength based class is just going to get 20 Strength anyway and be better off. Only class I'd say it's anything more than a fun gimmick on is Paladin, where if they go heavy in Charisma they could use help with Strength.

Guancyto

Gauntlets of Ogre Power aren't remotely exclusive so this arguing over who is going to get a set is weird to me?  ???

I can't help but think of a bunch of guys showing up to prom in the same tux and all going, "well one of us is going to have to change."

tyr4n02r

I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

TheLaughingOne

Right-O!

*Ogre power fist bumps, sending both flying across the room*
My Ons and Offs!

Premier

I like to think Gloves of Ogre Power were a brief craze, like Tamogotchi or Pokemon and for a while every adventurer had to have one.

TheLaughingOne

hehe, once hit epic level, going to sell off old loot and gear..

"Look buddy, its a nice pair of gauntlets... But i got like 50 in the back.. I just dont need them, they arent selling. Last pair i sold was to Old Man Henderson down the road cause he needed to pull big rocks out his yard, still has them for when his cows get loose. My suggestion? Dont bother trying to sell em, keep'em as an heirloom for your kids, or find some new kids just starting adventuring them and pass it on to them, other wise your just gonna have to pay to get them taken away.."
My Ons and Offs!

JoanieSappho

I have only one thing to say about those gauntlets.
Something something fisting.

tyr4n02r

Quote from: Premier on September 18, 2016, 12:00:07 PM
I like to think Gloves of Ogre Power were a brief craze, like Tamogotchi or Pokemon and for a while every adventurer had to have one.

I like pokemon... *looks at his signature longingly..*
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: JoanieSappho on September 18, 2016, 12:10:10 PM
I have only one thing to say about those gauntlets.
Something something fisting.

:o

We'll also have to worry about half the party being out with masturbation-related injuries.

Premier

If you wear Gauntlets while doing that I don't think it matters if they're Ogre Powered or not. Ouch.

Chulanowa

Sella's content with being smart. But she might pour liquor into the gauntlets to see if that gets stronger too  ;D

Premier

Quote from: Chulanowa on September 18, 2016, 03:17:49 PM
Sella's content with being smart. But she might pour liquor into the gauntlets to see if that gets stronger too  ;D

See now this kind of sharp thinking is what artifacts are really for. You're not a real DnD hero if you're not willing to use items in inappropriate ways.

tyr4n02r

Like using an Immovable Rod for holding a tennis-ish net (happened in a game) or a dildo (hasnt happened, but it could)
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

tyr4n02r

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on September 18, 2016, 06:17:21 PM
*scratches out  could and replaces with will*

"Excuse me sir, may I purchase your Immovable Rod?"

Option A:
"Sure, and what would you possibly need that for?"
"...Reasons..."

OR Option B:
"Sorry miss but it's not that kind of store, and I'm married. The temple of Sharess is over to the west. No please, get out..."
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Chulanowa

But, isn't the point of a dildo to be moved? I mean I guess you could use two of them to immobilize a person with an oral fixation, but then it's still just a dildo in the most cursory of manners.

tyr4n02r

Stick the dildo on the tip of the rod, and bounce on it.

*checks DM Manual to see if that's how the rod works...*

Yeah.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Quote from: Guancyto on September 17, 2016, 04:06:50 PM
Also! I had had something in mind for the big evil whatsis what triggered the TPK "last time." He wasn't a lich in my head, but one of his generals/top minions (who are the ones actually setting on conquering the world in the wake of the heroes' defeat) could well be!

0_o' Sooo... can said Necro-Lich have this?

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: tyr4n02r on September 19, 2016, 08:48:11 PM
0_o' Sooo... can said Necro-Lich have this?

So your suggesting our necro-lich has made his own damn head as his phylactery and instead hiding it he wields his own head as a enchanted battle mace in a fight?!

Anyways if not too late I voice interest as well, so far going for being a squire one the heroes (a paladin or figther) and has hero's armor with him (deciding pick on uncommon item to be adamantine armor, going for full plate). Origin wise a farmer kid who wanted to be hero and persistenly tagged along one the heroes as a squire understudy. Plan however have low wisdom and thusly comically naive idea of people/world.

Guancyto

It is too late, unfortunately. I did say Sunday was the cutoff for new interest.  :-\

Here's what we've got, and what state they're in!

PlayerCharacterRace/ClassStatus
TheLaughingOneRaivo TennHalfling BarbarianMostly done
Foxy OniPrincess PoonjabHalf-Elf MonkComplete!
JoanieSapphoWhisper Moonsoul CrowheartHuman WarlockComplete!
MusePossibly Interested
ChulanowaSella LampwickHalf-Elf BardComplete!
AndyZWizardHe is the WIZARD
ChangingsaintPaladin's aidePaladinConcept stage
OverTitanPaladin's manservantBarbarianConcept stage
PremierMaizeTiefling SorcererComplete!
RelikaiVarian SilverheartHalf-Elf RangerComplete!
SkynetRedliCatgirl RangerComplete!
CeruleanSerenityRosita AmorHuman ClericMostly done
tyr4n02rDexter Rox SandsHalf-Elf ClericComplete!

If people who have not yet finished sheets can get them to me by midnight (well, 11:59:59 PM, you know the drill) Thursday, we can get started sometime around Friday or the weekend.

AndyZ

I don't see a Wizard.  Would one be welcome, and is there even still room for another slot?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.