Interest Check: Sci-Fi Space Traveling

Started by dready, March 09, 2010, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dready

yeah... a better name will be given to this once i think of one. but here's the gist:

There's nothing like the impending doom of a large object that is going to collide with Earth, right? Well what about a large object that is about to collide with earth, but then opens up and  begins to devour the planet? Hm? Lemme backtrack for a moment. Earth has  hit the technological age to obtain a mass amount of resources to keep itself thriving, but at the cost of devouring another planet as  somewhat of a sacrafice. With only enough resources left to either watch the populous die, or to save the human race from extinction, the leaders of the world decided to join forces and convert planet Earth into the largest transport and recovery shuttle that eyes have seen. Nearing completion, smaller colonization shuttles were sent out to seek and  populate any planet that  would be hospitable in  the least for  the human race, effectively testing the conditions with human guinea pigs. The shuttles were  lucky enough to find at least one planet in  each galaxy and manage to colonize them over the next few hundred or thousand years before Transport Earth would arrive, evacuate the planet of the human beings and any creatures that they could manage, and then  devour the planet for its resources to restock what has been nearly completely depleted so many times before.

The year is 2012 AD on Colony #414, and Transport Earth has arrived.

Now, this is not meant to be an adult roleplay, and I'm hoping to find a few people interested  in this idea. There is supposed to be action, excitement, time skips, warp speeds, and free-roam galore. Also, I'm  figuring of having the combat system being like the following: Mass Effect (both games) style of Abilities. (psionics being offensive and active, tech being defensive and passive, both with a few exceptions) .hack//gu's style of weapons and jobs/classes to choose  from. and the Monster Hunter serie's style of upgrading equipment. (get similar materials and make a new item, or just upgrade an item)

this is still up in the air, somewhat, and  i want people to put in their two-cents worth and ask questions. :3