I am Thou, Thou art I....PERSONA! (Closed)

Started by Empyrean, December 30, 2017, 05:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardsorm

I can already see Yuuki's response...

Yuuki: "... Totally a bitch in sheep's clothing, speaking behind her freedom to people who'll never taste it."

... Reformation isn't going so well for him. =p

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 02, 2018, 01:54:12 AM
I can already see Yuuki's response...

Yuuki: "... Totally a bitch in sheep's clothing, speaking behind her freedom to people who'll never taste it."

... Reformation isn't going so well for him. =p

Lol I’m sure Mallory would have some choice words for him. Just because she is trained to be divinities and traditional doesn’t mean she doesn’t swear and have a tongue of her own! :D

Gardsorm

She probably won't need to, I imagine security will swiftly drag him away for some recorrectional time to make him think about what he did.

... Which means he's liable to get beaten for it, but that's not for the public to know~

MiraMirror

"The beatings really aren't so bad once you get used to them."
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Tokyorose627

Sucks to be Yuuki~

Lol, But hey that could be cool if she could be alike a guest there, maybe as someone that can be “rented out” by students that are interested in that culture and such, or wish to be “reformed” by being taught proper manners. Much like a special guest giving lessons for a week or something!

Though I’m sure some rumors about her would surface there the moment she gets there. =3=

Gardsorm

>"The beatings really aren't so bad once you get used to them."

"I like to think of it like a game, really. What happens first: Will I get knocked unconscious or will they get tired of hitting me? *Shrug* Gotta have my fun somehow."

@Tokyo: Yep, it does! He won't be a supreme as shat 24/7, though. He's a liiiiittle bit more mild mannered around other students (except first timers, he can be pretty rude the first time around). Given some time, he mellows out since the familiarity is a guilty comfort to him.

That being said, that would be interesting but I feel like the guards wouldn't allow it for a myriad of reasons unless she was well protected. As well as kept from seeing things she shouldn't see. =p

MiraMirror

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 02, 2018, 02:18:26 AM
>"The beatings really aren't so bad once you get used to them."

"I like to think of it like a game, really. What happens first: Will I get knocked unconscious or will they get tired of hitting me? *Shrug* Gotta have my fun somehow."

@Tokyo: Yep, it does! He won't be a supreme as shat 24/7, though. He's a liiiiittle bit more mild mannered around other students (except first timers, he can be pretty rude the first time around). Given some time, he mellows out since the familiarity is a guilty comfort to him.

That being said, that would be interesting but I feel like the guards wouldn't allow it for a myriad of reasons unless she was well protected. As well as kept from seeing things she shouldn't see. =p

Mm that’s true. Though, hey, maybe if they have a guest like that the school would lighten up in the beatings as a way to make the school seem nicer, as well as Force the students to behave considering they wouldn’t get beatings as long as they stay in line while a guest is there?

Gardsorm

This is certainly true. But the general abuse they receive is not something anyone outside the school knows about, otherwise there'd be scandals about it I think. None of the students can tell about the experience either because the guards will probably mention they'll try to lie and cheat their way out of anything.

Fundamentally, they wouldn't ever get beaten infront of a guest, unless they had plans to hold the guest as well. D: Which would be disastrous for Mallory.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 02, 2018, 02:40:15 AM
This is certainly true. But the general abuse they receive is not something anyone outside the school knows about, otherwise there'd be scandals about it I think. None of the students can tell about the experience either because the guards will probably mention they'll try to lie and cheat their way out of anything.

Fundamentally, they wouldn't ever get beaten infront of a guest, unless they had plans to hold the guest as well. D: Which would be disastrous for Mallory.

Oh god that would be terrible! Though I’m not sure how exactly that would work as to her being kept there. I’m sure there would be talks of her being at the school and giving lessons and such if she were a guest, considering the Kimono shop and inn run by her family is pretty famous among politicians and school chairman’s and such.

Though if that happened, hopefully no one try’s anything with her! With being known as a Geisha and entertainer, I’m sure some people would have a few ideas as to what exactly “entertaining” means to them... >->

MiraMirror

Something I'm a bit curious about is regarding NPCs.  So if there's NPCs that might be important to characters, such as specific teachers or non-player students, would we be playing those ourselves, would other players be able to play those NPCs, or what?

Gardsorm

Quote from: Tokyorose627 on January 02, 2018, 02:46:08 AM
Oh god that would be terrible! Though I’m not sure how exactly that would work as to her being kept there. I’m sure there would be talks of her being at the school and giving lessons and such if she were a guest, considering the Kimono shop and inn run by her family is pretty famous among politicians and school chairman’s and such.

Though if that happened, hopefully no one try’s anything with her! With being known as a Geisha and entertainer, I’m sure some people would have a few ideas as to what exactly “entertaining” means to them... >->

Well, the entire project is government funded, but they're really trying to keep things under wraps. If someone figures out, they're liable to forge some sort of story regarding her that would discredit her, but who knows what would happen and how, honestly.

There are implications and rumors that darker elements like criminals run the school, so you never know. Yuuki would probably suggest a dance from her, if only to see if she'll actually acquiesce, lol. (Plus she's probably the only outside person he's seen in a year and a half since he got brought in).

@Mira: Pretty good question, honestly, one I didn't think to ask before. But knowing this would be pretty helpful for later things. o:

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 02, 2018, 02:54:56 AM
Well, the entire project is government funded, but they're really trying to keep things under wraps. If someone figures out, they're liable to forge some sort of story regarding her that would discredit her, but who knows what would happen and how, honestly.

There are implications and rumors that darker elements like criminals run the school, so you never know. Yuuki would probably suggest a dance from her, if only to see if she'll actually acquiesce, lol. (Plus she's probably the only outside person he's seen in a year and a half since he got brought in).

@Mira: Pretty good question, honestly, one I didn't think to ask before. But knowing this would be pretty helpful for later things. o:

Mm that’s true. Well I guess we’ll see!

Yeah I’m sure there are students, and even faculty, that are less then pure in regards to what they’ve done.

Lol Yuuki just wants a lap dance, don’t lie. XD

Though would he ask for a joker, or to be serious? 0-0

Gardsorm

Guess I couldn't really hide that one from you, huh? x: Yes he'd ask for the dance as a joke. xD But if she does it seriously, he's not gonna pass up the chance and say no. >_>; So Mallory'd be better off just saying no and getting out of it early. xD

Even outside the school, some are probably aware of what happens inside  (to a limited extent) and keep the secret from outside. Yuuki's first 'friend' is one of these people most likely.

Tokyorose627

Lol I don’t think she would do it willingly. Not even sure she knows how to do that to be honest. 0-0

Ah but keep it secret. Well hopefully the others can expose the truth!

Gardsorm

That'll be our play of the game, for sure. Hopefully. o=

Still the odds are stacked against us. In the words of a famous video game tactician though, it's time to tip the scales.

Gardsorm

I seem to have a bad habit of this, but curiosity has struck me again:

1) Is there potential for 'Shadow Selves' in this game? And if so, would they be more P2 like or more akin to a cross between P4 and P5?

Cythieus

Do you mean shadow selves for the players? From what I know if you have a Persona you can't have one, the only instance of it happening is in five and it last for seconds before the Palace collapses.

Gardsorm

Quote from: Cythieus on January 02, 2018, 05:22:22 AM
Do you mean shadow selves for the players? From what I know if you have a Persona you can't have one, the only instance of it happening is in five and it last for seconds before the Palace collapses.

Yep, I know who you mean. Played and beat P5. =p

In P2, they operated very differently though. They were separate from the person they were the Shadow of, and they actually had the exact same Persona, except they were 'Reverse [Insert name here]' as a reference to reversed tarot cards. The Shadows were very much as much, if not more, antagonistic than their showings in the latest games.

Cythieus

I like the idea of people fighting against themselves, but I'm not sure if I would want to deviate from the "you don't have a shadow thing". I would raise the question with the head GM for that one. I have really only played five and I know bits about the others. I am actually looking to get 4 and possibly 3.

Gardsorm

Works for me. o: I'll leave the question posed for the big guy to look at later hopefully. Still, thanks for your input!

pdragon

Don't the characters in 4 have to beat their shadows to get a persona in the first place? I thought that was the whole point, or at least the anime made it seem so.

And I've updated my profile with a new arcana and more information on his persona.

Also if we're giving out lap dances she should give one to Akira, just to have it be extra awkward as neither one enjoys it at all.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Cythieus

They might, the games take place in the same world (the Personas do at least), but the rules could change from event to event due to what is causing the other world to manifest.

In five they explicitly state that your Persona is your Shadow, so it's already behaving itself.

I'm curious what the anime for 4 had them fighting their Persona with, was it just them as humans doing it?

Moon Hound Hati

I'm also going to pull my interest from the game, for similar reasons as Lynnette. Wish I could have made it work, but the setting ended up being too restrictive for my character concept than I'd like     at least not without ending up coming across as too unrealistic. I wish you all the best the best of luck. ^^
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Empyrean

As regards the shadows issue, I'm of two minds.

I never played the older Persona games. I got into the series with 3 FES. I would take a middle path between P4 and P5 in regards to personal shadows. When they first awaken, the character would have a struggle in their own mind with their shadow, something that can be played out rather than the near-instantaneous thing of P5. To outside observers, the character would be struggling and shaking, conversing with a voice only they can hear. And when the struggle is done, the shadow becomes a persona as is P5.  Basically, it would look like the awakening scenes in 5, but in text we'd have more luxury to show the struggle between the person and the shadow before the person and shadow accept each other and the shadow becomes a persona.